Duane Reade Employee Reviews

If your're looking for a temporary job, look no further
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  609 Columbus Ave, New York, NY 10024June 9, 2017
A typical day at work can range from easy to alright to frustrating. Depends on the management that day. Easy if all tasks are completed early. Alright if regular-paced, and frustrating if your manager is bad at managing time. I did the overnight shift (which gets the short of the stick out of the 3 shifts) and we would rush to finish tasks by 7 AM. If we didn't finish it, we left it. The store manager would then have a problem and address it with whoever's fault it was. Out of a 5 day work week, 1 day would be easy, 2 days alright, and 2 frustrating. Around holidays more like 1 day alright and 3-4 frustrating days. There's nothing hard about the job, I guess keeping count of inventory and organizing the stock room is. Oh, and be friends with your co workers and management, it helps you keep your job and seniority.
Pros
Little to no customers, conversations
Cons
A sporadic scheduling, bad co workers
Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJune 8, 2017
A typical day at work includes clocking in and logging the cash register. throughout the day, general customer service and labor was done. The workplace was fun and energetic, but intellectual as well. the hardest part of the job, was unloading the truck that held incoming items. the most enjoyable part of the job as ensuring the satisfactory of the customer.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Compensation
Duane Reade Stock Retail (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 7, 2017
Not too effective. Need more work hours and more income. A lot of work to do and still not enough money. Customers are dusresoectful. A lot of shoplifting. These stores need a lot of security guards.
Pros
Stay busy and not nothing to do
Cons
Little pay
teamwork was an essential part of this job
Stockperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
I helped stock the store and make sure that items are placed in the correct location. I made sure the store remained in a presentable and neat manner.
typical day at work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 5, 2017
Prioritizes and accomplishes multiple leadership tasks within established timeframes by effectively planning and managing workload, delegating work and supervising, monitoring and directing department level leaders and other partners
Very Productive work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 5, 2017
In retailed pharmacy its a balance of patient confidentiality and customer service skills to the 10th power. It build up my multi task skill as well as paying attention to details
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
No vacation pays
Great Experience
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Masbeth, NYJune 4, 2017
My time with Duane Reade was memorable. I learned a lot about the company and my co-workers. I would love to have a job similar to it and same job title (Stock Assoicate).
Pros
Great Beneifits
Cons
location was closed down.
Great and safe work environment
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2017
Maintain clean orderly check out area and complete other general cleaning duties to insure OSHA safety protocols
Greet customers entering the establishments
assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints
Could be stressing
Cashier/ stocker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2017
Duane reade could be a good place to work if it's only part time. I was full time and I felt they expected a lot from me I did cashier I help in inventory, clean,set up the racks & also unloaded the truck...ect
Loved the Pharmacists
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 30, 2017
I filled prescriptions, filed all prescriptions filled, and did inventory. It was a lot of work and I had to remain on my feet but I enjoyed being there.
Pros
Loved the work
Cons
Upper management was bad
Clerk/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2017
Although i haven't worked fort this company for years
from what i can remember i was pleased with my overall work experience with this company!!!!!!!
fun and exciting at times
Cashier / Stock (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 27, 2017
Working at Duane Reade was and experience that thought me how to handle people with many different personality and I am grateful for the experience. With the ability to handle many different personality's hitting you all at ones it helps you to stay calm and figure out everyones needs.
Pros
the face pace environment
Cons
the pay
They don't appreciate the workers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2017
Unappreciative to their workers. Never any raises and overtime. Not fair to workers and very unprofessional. Under pay, they want you to give your best but you don't receive anything in return.
one of the best companies ive ever worked for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 26, 2017
working for this company was one of my first learning experiences. i learned how to interract with customers and the ability to work with money transactions and other individuals.
Duane Reade Worklife Balance awful
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
The work-life balance is not ideal. Long hours and lack of appreciation from upper management. I personally liked the employees and initiatives are generally positive. However, the corporate system was very burdening and expected superhero-like efforts from stores.
Best first job ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
if you've never had a job you'd want to work here they teach you how to be professional in a work place how to treat customers plus theres room to get into other fields
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
Friendly environment and staff. Managers were polite and respectful to all employees. The company is very understanding to work life balance, especially with students.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
low pay rate
Greet place to work at
Receptionist/ Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10029May 22, 2017
You learn to have patience
You build a great bond with patients
The hardest part is there's not team work so your on you known
But I enjoy working there because I loved helping people
Pros
You have a great discount
Cons
Breaks are short
Great starter job
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2017
interacting with customers on a daily basis and making sure to give great customer service. I learned how work hard and communication skills not just between customers but also between my employees. Management is great and expect the best out of their employees. The hardest part of the job is when the store is understaffed and a lot of work has to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing work, such as packing out and giving customer service.
Fun, Productive & Fast Place.
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2017
I really enjoyed the management, the staff & customers at this store. My main job was managing the Cash Register & cashiers. The Pay was great & on top of that we would have Fun dress up days, such as a Friday: for example; workers could have a free day to wear regular clothes but must have On store shirt. I enjoyed every bit of my time there.
Pros
Great Lunch
Cons
Wonderful Staff