Duane Reade

Duane Reade Employee Reviews

professional but fun place to work
stock manager (Former Employee), New york, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Heavy lifting is a daily part of the work. As the team leader, i was able to relay my colleagues demands freely and most of them were listenned to.

Duane reade wharehouse is Multicultural place where you can learn a lot about other nationalities and their cultures.
challenging
Employee relations (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJanuary 5, 2015
I learned a lot at this job, within two months of working with this company I was promoted to a shift supervisor, I got to work very closely with a lot of important people, I learned so much as a part of management that I now apply those very lessons to my personal life, customers are always right and that extra mile may make someone's day. There's always something to learned and always something to do, don't over work yourself, much rather ask for help that's what teams are for..
productive place and fast paced program
Team Member (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work was answering the phone and dealing with other co-workers. i learned how to file and hold calls at heavy volumes. i faxed and filed papers respect co-workers the hardest part of the job was going and the most enjoyable was leaving.
Worst Company All Around
General Clerk/ Bartender (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: no comunication, no team work, no free bagels/ donuts, no real benefits, no promotions after such a huge some of time passes even with exeptional work being done, and no appreciation.
A typical day at work is clocking in focusing on cash registers ringing customers up with a welcoming attitude, sweeping and mopping the floors when need be, collecting trash and throwing it out, throwing out old bagels and donuts, Returning put backs to they're rightful locations, pulling products up to organized visibility, and restocking recieved goods.

Alot ive learned alot from working with this store for many years beginning with then was a very pleasant experience at first but after a year or 2 when changes were being made and new management the moment new faces came in and wrote me up i degraded into a bad employee after time passed.

My coworkers are pretty chill some that make sense some that make absolutely no sense.

the hardest part of the job is finding things to do when current task are complete or else supervisors will push to have you do something even though you dont know what else you can do.

the most enjoyable experience is the customers.
Too many working hours!
Sales Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: too many working hours for managers!
Company requires managers to work 60+ hours and only pays them for 40 hours. A very unsatisfactory company to work for.
fun working environment
Drug Clerk (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJanuary 1, 2015
where i learned how to function at a cashiers position and where i learned about different type of medications
A non productive working place
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 30, 2014
Pros: ability to use customers service skills
Cons: short breaks
Long working hours
working on feet
low income
short staff
Didn't learn too much
• Provide general duties
• Follow basic instructions from store managers
• Assist to ensure a fast, accurate and pleasant check-out of all customers, comply with company
Productive and easy going
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), New York, New YorkDecember 29, 2014
Pros: great discount
Productive and very easy going. There is no stress or no pressure. Greeting customers and attending to customer needs is my first priority. Working with different supervisor is one way to learn from each other.
not so fun
Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 23, 2014
A time in my life I would like to forget.
management was over bearing
co workers were fine
I did not enjoy my time at this job
enjoyable and very fun to work
Stock/cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 23, 2014
Pros: 10 ins breaks
Cons: short lunch breaks
i get to work do some cashier work until the truck get there then we unpack the truck take every thing inside then take what belongs to you for your iles and start packing out. stock all sleves and keep the area clean
Great Experience, the island it is on brings fascinating customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 20, 2014
•A typical day at work involves servicing customer needs and helping be and stay well, organizing and stocking merchandise, handling money, and completing planogram resets

•I have learned how to maintain good customer assistance while multitasking, how to communicate efficiently and effectively, and also why merchandises are stocked they way they are.

•Management makes sure all employees feel comfortable and safe on the job.

•My co-workers help to keep the job interesting and pleasurable and FUN

•The hardest part of the job is making sure all the customer needs are satisfied the best way possible.

•The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing and interacting with new people
Long work hours, little pay
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2014
hardly got to see my family. The hardest thing about working for ths company is that, corporate doesn't care of your well-being. They're only concern about the customers and the money they bring in at the end of the day.
Very good work environment
Stock Worker/Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
I loved to work in there very much i got time to work both by myself in my own space but also with others as well when needed. I've learned a lot on how to deal with people as far as customer service at this job also.
Great company to work for
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Irvington, NJDecember 5, 2014
This is a great company to work for. This company has many challenging positions available which will aid in building experience. Management is professional and friendly. The benefits and compensation is also good.
productive
General Clerk (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYDecember 5, 2014
Pros: worked with a great team.
Cons: short breaks, bi-weekly, you can't take vacation during blackout periods
My day at this job is being on your feet. its a fast pace environment but that's good because it keeps you aware of your surrounding. I always look for extra work to do, if its packing out tots, putting up new seasonal merchandising, facing products,or just restocking the shelves and of course assisting customers with any needs.My co- workers are good some better than most.Most of us work as a team to get the work done and completed.
Difficult company to work for
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 30, 2014
Lack of compensation makes the employees wonder if doing all the tasks designated by management team worth it . Horrible time management skills from the staff , wouldn't recommend working for this company .
there are pro and cons but as a team we get the job done and its always lovely seeing regular shoppers and always seeing a smile on there faces
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 21, 2014

My co- workers are good some better than most. Most of us work as a team to get the work done and completed.
productive and fun work experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 12, 2014
• Designed and constructed sale displays
• Answered and resolved customers questions and concerns
• Operated cash register and handled all sale transactions
• Balanced till at the end of each shift
• Assisted with inventory and restocked shelves
Great room for advancement within company
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Queens, NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: free clothes under seasonal allowance
Was a great oppurtunity in retail to experience. Good merchandise and leniant supervisors as well as corporate incentives for achieving daily goals
they set great standards
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 9, 2014
Typical day at work was nice and calm.Co-worker was hard working and made me to be a even better employeee

About Duane Reade

Duane Reade -- the Big Apple of drugstores -- has been swallowed by a big fish: Walgreen. Named after the two streets where its – Read more

Duane Reade Salaries