Duane Reade

Duane Reade United States Employee Reviews

The management needs work
cashier (Former Employee), 2 penn plazaOctober 29, 2014
I would work the register, service the customers. Management is really bad their not professional, my co-workers were okay to work with. The hardest part is patience with the customers. Most enjoyable part was the benfits
Providing Great Customer Service
Stock/Service Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: bi-weekly paid
Providing great customer service, packing out items onto shelves keeping a tidy workplace area. Making sure items is face in each aisle in the store before the end of the night. Making sure coolers and paper tissues is completely packed out when I get to work and at the end of the night.
company
Store Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2014
OK company but doesn't pay staff a livable amount bad discounts also
supervised a great department
Transportation Manager/Acting Operations Manager (Former Employee), Maspeth, NYOctober 22, 2014
Created a department that consistently exceeded expectations.
My first natural field
Store Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2014
I enjoyed working in retail so this company offered me comfort as I was well versed in all aspects of retail.
Duane reade
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 14, 2014
Working at Duane Reade was a great experience. I worked as cashier, tabulating all purchases accurately as well as executing all returns/voids. I counted my drawer at start time and closed out register at closing time maintaining accuracy. I cleaned the entire facility after closing and faced the aisles so that all merchandise was in its proper place, neatly. Unloading totes through the day and taking inventory. All this which I enjoyed making this job a great place for me to work. I was always punctual, and organized so in that I received a lot of hours. That I was always grateful for because I really did enjoy working at Duane Reade. I would recommend anyone looking for a job to apply.
Very Flexible
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee), Manhattan, New YorkOctober 10, 2014
I started working for Duane Reade when I was pregnant. I had moved up from positions within a matter of weeks. I worked as a sales associate for a new store that was opening within a month I had switched stores and became a pharmacy clerk. while I was working as a pharmacy clerk I had dual positions both pharmacy clerk and cashier. I loved working for Duane Reade
Ok place to work in.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 8, 2014
Overall a nice place to work but a lot of it depends on who your manager is.
Everyday new experience
Head Cashier; Sales Associate Advisor/ Trainer (Former Employee), Roosevelt Island, NYOctober 7, 2014
Pros: foot step to cash handling
Cons: poor management
* almost everyday is typical day for random customers
* everyday you get to know and learn new things about the job and get to meet new people
* poor manager
* somewhat cooperative coworkers
* cooperating with the poor manager
* leading position is always enjoyable
The environment pushed me to become a Proficient worker
Pharmaceutical Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 3, 2014
Pros: gained a lot of knowledge on medical terminology, and names of medications
Cons: underpaid for the amount of work
The day's were mostly busy and fast past, which was a good thing since I like fast pace environments. I learned a lot about work ethic and to pay attention to details, especially since I was distributing medication. The management was tough, but they just pushed for us to be more proficient. The hardest part was being able to move fast enough to keep a steady flow, while also moving slow enough to pay very close attention to the medication distribution. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing certain customers and being around my co-workers.
Fun and prodcutive workplace
Cashier / sales associate (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: i dont have to leave for lunch
Cons: short breaks
I usually go into work do a tender count on my register. My managers would usually have tasks for me. Like replenishing, taking care of the fro-yo (frozen yogurt area), do passport photos or print pictures in general. Whenever mylars & sign have to be changed I change them too. I also expire all the fresh foods & all other expires. I get along well with all my co-workers & managers. The hardest part of the job is the days there is barley any staff, but it's still no that bad. And the most enjoyable part of the job is the photo/ passport section, for me. I enjoy printing out the photos & making the passport photos.
It was very fun to work there.
General Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: building relatiuonships with my customers and team mates
i helped customers efficiently and in a friendly manner, going above and beyond by being a top performer and assuring customer satisfaction.
Exiting and fun.
Stock Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 11, 2014
This job gave me a different outlook on fast paced fast food. Need to give more hours to employees.
LOVED IT!!!!!!
Front End Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
LOVED IT SOO MUCH. I WOULD LOVE TO GO BACK.TO BAD I GOT FIRED AND IM AN EMT NOW
Family, Family, Family – We work hard together as a team and we play hard. Everyone should have fun during their work day!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), 619 9th AvenueSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: family oriented environment
Cons: n/a
handling general complaints
last minute schedule changes
inventory
delegating tasks to employees
recruiting and interviewing
Great Job
Cashier (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 28, 2014
Have some good perks usually pack talking about thousands of people everyday
Distributing drugs to patients
Drug clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2014
Clock in and start processing medication that needed to be filled.
I learned how careful you must be when dealing with medication.
Management was terrible never owned up to their mistakes.The hardest part of the job was having to turn away patients because pharmacist said so.
The most enjoyable part of the job was actually working in the pharmacy it was something new and exciting.
Employed at Duane Reade
Cashier/ Stock Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 17, 2014
I Worked overnight shifts from 11pm to 7am it was a very fast pace environment with stocking merchandise on the shelves to helping customers purchase their products at the register. The store gets over crowded certain days. each co worker has the own area to work by them selves. Working at duane reade was a good experience by doing two or three task in a high volume environment. Duane Reade was a very busy place to work it kept going and the work pace never stopped.
Pharmacy
Service Clerk (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 17, 2014
Pros: i was able to learn alot into possibly becoming a manager.
Cons: promotion took longer than what management has promise, management does not provide employees with the latest work news and their status with the company.
Work shift begins at 3pm. After putting on my uniform I walk to management office and ask them for my tasks of the day. Task can include stock, price changes, cleaning bail room/basement, and providing extraordinary customer care (ECC). Working at Duane Reade allowed me to interact with customers on the daily basis. Co-Workers enjoy working with each other. Management do well on completing task but distance themselves from employees. The hardest part of job is cleaning bail room as it puts the most stress of all the task on your body. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers as you stock the aisles.
productive place to work in
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 15, 2014
Pros: pleasant clients
Cons: short brakes
A fast place environment, meet and greet costumers, provide outstanding service, make sure the needs of the client is met.
The hardest part of the job is sometimes carrying heavy loads of totes, co workers are kind and humble and help you when your in need of help.

About Duane Reade

Duane Reade -- the Big Apple of drugstores -- has been swallowed by a big fish: Walgreen. Named after the two streets where its – Read more

Duane Reade Salaries