Duane Reade

Duane Reade Employee Reviews

Highest grossing store in the district
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJNovember 4, 2014
This location is by far one of the busiest in the entire district. Conveniently situated close to public transit, hordes of customers would walk in and out throughout the day. To operate a store with this many customers takes an amazing team that works relentlessly behind the scenes to ensure the daily operations of the store up to par.
Worst retail store to work at!!!
Cashier (Former Employee), Harlem, NYNovember 2, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: short breaks, bi-weekly, you can't take vacation during blackout periods
The worst retail job I ever worked at.. The customers are rude and tough. Duane Reade doesn't protect their employees. They don't care about their employees. Listen, I don't you work in this place. Is the worst place.. Trust me. Once you're in.. You'll see and the discounts sucks... Overwork, less pay
Enjoyable Enviorment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), new york nyOctober 31, 2014
learned to handle tough customers, achieved great customer service skills
Fast paced
District Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: environment lacks engagement top to bottom
High energy, intensity.
Great peers.
NYC environment can be great.
The management needs work
cashier (Former Employee), 2 penn plazaOctober 29, 2014
I would work the register, service the customers. Management is really bad their not professional, my co-workers were okay to work with. The hardest part is patience with the customers. Most enjoyable part was the benfits
Providing Great Customer Service
Stock/Service Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: bi-weekly paid
Providing great customer service, packing out items onto shelves keeping a tidy workplace area. Making sure items is face in each aisle in the store before the end of the night. Making sure coolers and paper tissues is completely packed out when I get to work and at the end of the night.
company
Store Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2014
OK company but doesn't pay staff a livable amount bad discounts also
supervised a great department
Transportation Manager/Acting Operations Manager (Former Employee), Maspeth, NYOctober 22, 2014
Created a department that consistently exceeded expectations.
My first natural field
Store Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2014
I enjoyed working in retail so this company offered me comfort as I was well versed in all aspects of retail.
Duane reade
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 14, 2014
Working at Duane Reade was a great experience. I worked as cashier, tabulating all purchases accurately as well as executing all returns/voids. I counted my drawer at start time and closed out register at closing time maintaining accuracy. I cleaned the entire facility after closing and faced the aisles so that all merchandise was in its proper place, neatly. Unloading totes through the day and taking inventory. All this which I enjoyed making this job a great place for me to work. I was always punctual, and organized so in that I received a lot of hours. That I was always grateful for because I really did enjoy working at Duane Reade. I would recommend anyone looking for a job to apply.
Very Flexible
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee), Manhattan, New YorkOctober 10, 2014
I started working for Duane Reade when I was pregnant. I had moved up from positions within a matter of weeks. I worked as a sales associate for a new store that was opening within a month I had switched stores and became a pharmacy clerk. while I was working as a pharmacy clerk I had dual positions both pharmacy clerk and cashier. I loved working for Duane Reade
Ok place to work in.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 8, 2014
Overall a nice place to work but a lot of it depends on who your manager is.
Everyday new experience
Head Cashier; Sales Associate Advisor/ Trainer (Former Employee), Roosevelt Island, NYOctober 7, 2014
Pros: foot step to cash handling
Cons: poor management
* almost everyday is typical day for random customers
* everyday you get to know and learn new things about the job and get to meet new people
* poor manager
* somewhat cooperative coworkers
* cooperating with the poor manager
* leading position is always enjoyable
The environment pushed me to become a Proficient worker
Pharmaceutical Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 3, 2014
Pros: gained a lot of knowledge on medical terminology, and names of medications
Cons: underpaid for the amount of work
The day's were mostly busy and fast past, which was a good thing since I like fast pace environments. I learned a lot about work ethic and to pay attention to details, especially since I was distributing medication. The management was tough, but they just pushed for us to be more proficient. The hardest part was being able to move fast enough to keep a steady flow, while also moving slow enough to pay very close attention to the medication distribution. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing certain customers and being around my co-workers.
Fun and prodcutive workplace
Cashier / sales associate (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: i dont have to leave for lunch
Cons: short breaks
I usually go into work do a tender count on my register. My managers would usually have tasks for me. Like replenishing, taking care of the fro-yo (frozen yogurt area), do passport photos or print pictures in general. Whenever mylars & sign have to be changed I change them too. I also expire all the fresh foods & all other expires. I get along well with all my co-workers & managers. The hardest part of the job is the days there is barley any staff, but it's still no that bad. And the most enjoyable part of the job is the photo/ passport section, for me. I enjoy printing out the photos & making the passport photos.
It was very fun to work there.
General Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: building relatiuonships with my customers and team mates
i helped customers efficiently and in a friendly manner, going above and beyond by being a top performer and assuring customer satisfaction.
Exiting and fun.
Stock Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 11, 2014
This job gave me a different outlook on fast paced fast food. Need to give more hours to employees.
LOVED IT!!!!!!
Front End Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
LOVED IT SOO MUCH. I WOULD LOVE TO GO BACK.TO BAD I GOT FIRED AND IM AN EMT NOW
Family, Family, Family – We work hard together as a team and we play hard. Everyone should have fun during their work day!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), 619 9th AvenueSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: family oriented environment
Cons: n/a
handling general complaints
last minute schedule changes
inventory
delegating tasks to employees
recruiting and interviewing
Great Job
Cashier (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 28, 2014
Have some good perks usually pack talking about thousands of people everyday

About Duane Reade

Duane Reade -- the Big Apple of drugstores -- has been swallowed by a big fish: Walgreen. Named after the two streets where its – Read more

Duane Reade Salaries