With your talents, do you sometimes wonder if you are really working on the next BIG THING, or just the next big bonus or pay check? Do you deliver more energy and results in a single day than most do in a full week? Well, we are the next BIG THING and we’re looking for an .NET Backend Engineer to help us take our product to the next level.
We are looking for a .NET backend engineer who not only loves building .NET applications, but also breathes the technology’s latest capabilities. We want you to be passionate, driven, contributory, and especially detail-oriented. Specifically, you will be involved in building a high volume, highly scalable cloud based backend system (that is used by an IOS app) using the latest .NET technologies.
However, you won't just be working on the backend system; you'll be part of the whole process, an advocate for making everything about the product awesome.
If you have what it takes to join our talented team, you’ll enjoy an exciting ride on what is definitely going to be the next BIG THING! As a key member of the team you’ll pave the way for our next phase of growth. We will challenge and develop you daily.
If you think you’re up for this challenge, then we’d like to hear from you. We offer cash, equity compensation, and all the standard stuff. This is your opportunity to “catch the tiger by the tail” and get in on the ground floor of a startup.
You should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; a master’s degree in computer science is a plus. .Net certifications are not required, but are a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years developing .NET applications in C# (up to at least .NET 4.0). Deep knowledge of the .NET framework is essential.
- A minimum of 7 years of full life cycle development experience building software solutions is essential.
- Experience with SQL or no SQL database systems is essential
- Extensive experience developing web services (either REST of SOAP) and backend processes (windows services, console apps, parallel processing, multi-threading, etc) is essential.
- Knowledge of object oriented methodologies and architectures is essential.
- Experience writing design documentation is essential
- Experience writable testable code that can be exercised through unit tests / mock objects is essential
Additional experience, but not essential:
- Experience building high volume / highly scalable distributed backend systems.
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC for building web services or web sites
- Experience with WCF
- Experience developing cloud based applications using Amazon cloud services
- Experience with REDIS
- Experience following agile development processes
- Knowledge of OAuth / OAuth 2
- Resourceful and results-driven with a passion for learning and applying new cutting-edge technologies
- Fosters new ideas and exudes intellectual curiosity, energy, and passion
- Strong service mentality – putting the needs of others ahead of personal objectives is core to the company’s culture and this position’s success
- Highly entrepreneurial, resourceful and results-driven.
- Organized and detail-oriented with a keen sense of when issues need outside help to resolve quickly