Dublin City Schools Employee Reviews

great place to work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GAAugust 17, 2017
Call when they need you. Good place to work. Work for grades Pre-K to 12th. Some of the kids are the hard part because they can be disrespectful. nihgusdfk klfhoipasud;f na a bsjdh f;oal bhsdb lf;kad.fb ba ashidflhjk
A typical day at work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAMay 16, 2017
A typical day at work depended on which grade and school you were assigned to for that day. I mostly worked in the middle school and I absolutely loved it. I basically handed out their given work and wait for them to finish.
Great Environment, Great Kids
Head Baseball Coach (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 12, 2017
A typical day of work for this job involves creating a practice plan prior to even leaving for work. Once there, it is my job to locate all of the children I am responsible for and make sure everyone on my team is accounted for. I then take the student-athletes through a practice that includes both hard work and having a little bit of fun. The hardest part of my job is trying to find the time outside of my work hours to dedicate to preparing for practices and games while also going to school full time. Even though time management can be challenging at some points, it is completely worth it to have this job due to the satisfaction that working with children gives me. Their youth and light heartedness is rejuvenating and it makes the job every bit worth my while.
Great introduction to full time work
Custodial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 8, 2017
Dublin City Schools expects greatness and that of course includes summer employees. Dublin City Schools is very good to its employees in areas of, hours, pay, and schedule flexibility.
Children Make the Job
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GAFebruary 16, 2017
One never considers how much he or she will learn as a teacher. I often found myself dealing with students to be easier than dealing with faculty and staff. As a paraprofessional, students tend to treat you as a teacher as long as the other teachers treat you like one. There is an unspoken hierarchy that places the paraprofessional, or substitute teacher just barely higher than the children being taught. Some teachers have a very condescending way of dealing with paraprofessionals, but that may be due to most paraprofessionals not being aware of the sarcasm or choosing to ignore it. I only make it through the job remembering that I am there to educate students.
Pros
Smiling happy faces of children calling your name.
Cons
Teachers treating you as if you haven't passed the grade they are teaching.
Life Long Learner
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 10, 2017
Working with the Students to enhance their education and way of life. Loved working with student to development their knowledge of the sciences and development a sense that learning can be done for a lifetime.
Love it when I were there
Manager /cook (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAJanuary 30, 2017
I enjoyed feeding the children. Working with the teacher and seeing different faces. Most of all I enjoyed cooking, doing paperwork working with other people's.
Excellent place to work
8th Grade Social Studies Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 2, 2017
Everything about working for Dublin City Schools has been positive. The Administrators, co-workers, students and parents have all contributed to the positive experiences that I have had in my almost 20 years in the District. It is a great place to work, the district is dedicated to excellence in education, and ensures that all students succeed.
fast paced environment
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 12, 2016
busy from the moment you arrive preparing food for three thirty minute lunch periods. Typically over 500 lunches are served. Great interaction with the students. Coworkers all work together to be ready. We are not dublin city schools employees but employed by a third party. We are not welcomed as a school employee. I have learned much about cooking for many. The hardest part of the job is the standing for the entire time.
Pros
free lunches and drinks
Cons
low pay, short breaks, standing the whole time
Dublin Schools gets high marks for teacher support and a healthy working environment
Teacher, elementary intermediate grades. (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 13, 2016
Dublin Schools expects a high standard of performance in staff and students. It was for me a very friendly and collegial environment. Because I worked in a multi-cultural environment, my teaching experience was always challenge and interesting. I had students from all over the world. The hardest part of the job was keeping abreast of all the government requirements for assessment. I most enjoyed seeing students understanding a concept. It was self satisfying, and it gave me great pleasure to see the looks on students faces when they could say, "I get now!"
Pros
Great work environment with no lack of supplies for one to do one's job.
Cons
Administration had far too many changes, and with that came many changes in operations, I believe there were five superintendents during my employment, there was a great deal of staff transfers that often made team building difficult.
Coaching is awesome
Girls Lacrosse and Tennis Coach (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 22, 2016
I coached women's lacrosse and tennis to middle school girls! It was and absolute blast! Athletic directors were great and the kids were a blast!
Working Monday - Friday and having the month of July off.
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 21, 2016
I would stop by a few of the 18 school cafeterias on my way to the office to make sure they were staffed sufficiently and getting lunch ready or service. I would review financial reports, prepare monthly menus, conduct safety training, held monthly staff meetings. I met with the client on a monthly basis or more frequently if needed.
Pros
Having weekends, holidays and summer off.
Easy going place to work
Assist students and families (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 22, 2015
I spent my day helping students with homework in a variety of subjects. I translated/interpreted English to Spanish for Latino families.
A very great place to work
❸ Assist students and families in their transition (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJuly 7, 2015
Every day at work felt like a day at home. Everyone was very knowledgeable and helpful. I learned so much from so many different people.
The most enjoyable part of the job
TRANSPORTATION (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 30, 2015
I enjoyed being a positive influence on the lives of children and being the first person they see of the day having the opportunity to greet them with a smile.
Enjoy working and helping the children.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dublin, DJune 10, 2014
I go in as a teacher may need me and supervise/help the students with their work.
students interested in learning
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GAMay 31, 2014
got information from teachers daily on the assignments to be completed by students to reach their next level in academic acceptance while teacher was out of class room for meetings or on personal leave.
Substituted at various schools in the district.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OhioJuly 23, 2013
Substituting was enjoyable because I was presented with different children on a regular bases, different schools, different teaching instructions, and different lessons. I took each challenge like it was a life experience. Hardest part of the job was the uncertainty of having a job that day.
Great School System
Physical Activity/Exercise Coach (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 18, 2013
Dublin City Schools is great system to work for! The management is great!
I'm the person you've been looking for!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GAApril 9, 2013
I'm looking for a good company to work for and retire with in the future. I'm a hard worker with a great personality. I never meet a stranger and I'm always eager to learn new things. I love helping others and being a part of a great team. I love staying busy as well. Life is short so my motto is to live, love, laugh, and make a difference in someone else's life while we still have a chance.
Pros
experienced and available any time to work
Cons
prefer mon-fri hours