The architect designs a high-level software approach to addressing client’s business needs. He or she works with BAs, developers, other architects, and stakeholders to convert business requirements and functional specifications into technical specifications. Architects ensure that the various structures and processes through which their line of business runs are engineered for integrity, efficiency, scalability, and integration.
- Support solution architecture for all technology-enabled capabilities in one or more lines of business.
- Model enterprise software engineering skills and an industry-leading process outlook for design, testing, building, and monitoring.
- Collaborate daily with business partners, software and quality engineers, technology and operations leadership, and peer architects in other areas to ensure clear lines of communication, common architectural and capability assumptions, and appropriate urgency for critical path undertakings.
- Own and evolve all client and third-party technology assets that together form the solution space for line(s) of business.
- Collaborate with all third-party vendors and client teams to develop and keep current technology roadmaps.
- Develop solution patterns and architectural specifications and work closely with other teams to implement them successfully.
- Perform performance tuning on systems to ensure that scalability demands are met.
- Mentor development team members. Proactively help resolve difficult technical issues.
- Collaboratively create and extend client enterprise architecture standards.
- Generate and maintain appropriate support documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline, and/or equivalent experience; advanced degrees a plus.
- 5+ years’ professional experience working as a senior/lead engineer with at least 1-2+ years’ as a software architect.
- Solid background with the Microsoft technology platform as an architect and designer of n-tier, component-based, and service-oriented enterprise applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced software engineering concepts (design patterns, object oriented, web services, code generation, and test-driven development).
- Experienced with the Microsoft .NET development platform and current web technologies (HTML, CSS, DHTML, AJAX, XML, XSL, etc.).
- Extensive experience with SQL Server and/or Oracle (3+ years’ tables, triggers, unions, joins, complex queries, stored procedures, and XML/SOAP/web services).
- Software engineering discipline and an unfailing commitment to high quality (1-2+ years’ in an Agile/SCRUM/etc. shop with a test-driven approach).
- Must be detail-oriented, security-conscious, and proficient in troubleshooting.
- Large-scale design and implementation skills with broad and deep experience in algorithms, service bus, and multi-threaded programming (5+ years’ C/C++/C#/JAVA/etc.).
- Desired: Experience with TDD automation, scripting, and other quality assurance tools and approaches (e.g. Selenium, FITness).
- Desired: Industry Certifications (MBA, MCSD, MCDBA, SCJP, etc.).
- Professional experience in lending or financial services, e-commerce, and supporting development teams in a .NET environment a plus.
- Demonstrates refined written and verbal communication skills, fosters open communications, listens effectively, and builds strong partnership networks that result in consistent forward momentum.
- Possesses a logical mindset and is skilled at solving challenges in a directed, methodical manner, analyzing the current issue to envision creative solutions.
- Takes initiative to complete critical tasks, especially in team settings with dependencies on other people.
- Works well in a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Challenges the status quo to generate new ideas and implements unique solutions to fix challenging problems.
- Collaborates and openly seeks and shares information across teams and departments.
- Has a solid background in his or her technical field and continually augments experience and skills with the latest research results and techniques.
Visit us at www.ducosys.com
Indeed - 18 months ago
Ducosys Consulting is a trusted partner in your needs for IT solutions, staff augmentation, human resource consulting, and SAP Training....