Duke Energy Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company when I worked there.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 12, 2016
I was very thankful for my time spent at Duke Energy . I learned a lot and it provided for my family for several years. I learned a lot of skills that will last me a lifetime.
best job for working in downtown Cincinnati
Senior Office Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 9, 2016
I worked at Duke Energy for Novak Engineering through GPA staffing, It was great.The recruiter with GPA staffing made a perfect fit for me and the position
Pros
free parking a huge plus when working downtown
Cons
honestly there was nothing negative about working there
Good management team very resourceful
PLANNER / SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2016
Great company with good people to work with. What I learned if you don't know need help with something just ask. they have good information sessions.
Pros
Good info meetings
Cons
Insurance
its a job
Nuclear Security I&E Tech (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJuly 17, 2016
typical job in the corporate world. Great place to work, pay is descent, job is descent. Management sometimes can be all over the place. I like my job, work and home life balance is pretty good.
Great Place to work
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 15, 2016
Good Management team with right vision for the company. The company is heading towards the right direction. Great place to work.
Supportive Work Environment, But Can Be Fustrating
Strategy Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2016
Duke is a great place to work from a culture and work/life balance standpoint. It can be frustrating at the lack of accountability and the seemingly absence of decision makers.
Pros
Great people, welcoming laid back environment
Cons
salary progression (if you don't start with a high salary, you'll never progress to one)
Productive and friendly environment
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2016
Productive and friendly environment. I have learned some new skills such as sitecore and got hands on experience using it. I have been working with couple of managers these during 2 + years, and got good recognition from both Managers and functional test team lead.
Working on multiple projects simultaneously.
Customer Service/Data Entry
Mail Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 12, 2016
Hard Worker looking to advance my career and grow with an outstanding business and continue to grow as a successful person.
Controlling Work Environment
Customer Service Agent/Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work of answering phone calls nonstop. some of the people are great work with. There's is a lot of unnecessary "nit picking' with the job.
Cons
Short breaks & lunches, extreme micromanagment
Productive, challenging environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2016
Overall the experience at Duke was pleasant. Due to many organizational changes there were many layoffs while I was there. Including my position.
A lot of benefits
Coal Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Owensville, INJuly 8, 2016
I loved working for Duke energy. They have a lot of great benefits including Health insurance, paid Holiday's, Vacation time. I learned a lot while I was there and the only reason why I quit is to start my own trucking business and regret doing that.
Benefits
Cons
Swing shifts
great learning experience
ETL Lead Developer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 4, 2016
In Duke Energy, I learned the ways to deal with day to day tasks. I was lucky to have some really good co workers. the environment here encourages you to get involved
Summary Review
Senior Security Architect (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2016
Duke Energy is the largest electric energy provider in the world with over $54 billion in annual revenue. With over 250,000 miles of electrical lines that must all be protected.
Management in merging project
(PMO Program Manager/Sr. Project Manager) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2016
There are lots of projects but little time to plan. There are not enough resources. Many times the project would be late due to limited resources. Fast pace but little planning is done due to time constraints
Pros
not much changes quickly
Cons
Conversion to Fulltime is money limiting
Demonstrating leadership in the industry
Nuclear Control Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 26, 2016
I am proud to work for Duke Energy.

While there have been challenges, mistakes, and shortcomings, the individuals and leadership make great efforts to faithfully serve the public.

For example, the Dan River Spill was quickly addressed and the CEO accepted responsibility on behalf of the company.

In my line of work, the feedback from internal audits, peer groups, and regulators are taken very seriously. Our culture of continuous improvement is at the very core of our identity.

The safety focus cannot be overstated. By practicing safe behaviors during even mundane activities, we hone our skills and create substantial barriers to prevent serious accidents.

Research, training, and coaching are vital components to our growth as individuals and as an organization. Duke Energy makes those resources available to develop core competencies.

My coworkers and I are proud of the work we do and are committed to honoring the public trust, financial stakeholders, and regulators.
Pros
Clear Vision of Who We Are
Safety Specialist (contractor) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2016
Good place to work, great people with outstanding benefits. Work to home life ratio is excellent and management really seems to care about workers. Contractors are treated the same as full time employed workers.
supply chain support
Senior Supply Chain Support (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2016
work with clients on rectifying corporate card
expense reports,

create new users on Accounts payable applications

help clients with accounting issues across multiple platforms

enjoy communicating with daily help desk calls
Pros
great department to work with
Challenging and rewarding
Site Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  York, SCJune 15, 2016
Company tries to balance work and life demands while providing a reliable product to the customers. The demands this creates can seem unbalanced at times.
Flawless performance required. No mistakes
Chemistry Technician (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCJune 7, 2016
This is nuclear power. 100% compliance with regulations federal, state & local. High scrutiny of all your work. Work load is high and detailed. Attention to detail is paramount. Craft & tech people are great to work with. Immediate, first-line management is overworked.
Duke labor force is a commodity which they manipulate for their bottom line. There is no loyalty to the employee.
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 3, 2016
Duke fails to recognize the impact of job shuffling on its employees. Work Life balance is a phrase used to enhance the corporate image but is not actually practiced. Heavy dependence on contract workers even for vital positions.
Pros
Largest employer in the area
Cons
managed by spreadsheet with no consideration for the people who do the work.