Duke Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Productive fast paced environment.
Refrigeration Design Technician (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MODecember 20, 2015
I work in a fast paced environment. The goal is to get our food service and refrigeration equipment from concept to market expediently. In order to accomplish this you have to be self motivated and be willing to work in a team environment. Duke mfg. encourages team building and career growth.
would not recommend employer
asst. serv mgr (Former Employee) –  stlDecember 17, 2015
worked for them for 18 years, they talk the talk but can't walk the walk, promises are made and then not kept. Stressful work environment, leadership tells you its a family , then craps out on you when you become old and sick.. steer clear no future here unless you wish to work your self to death...
Pros
decent health insurance, some good folks
Cons
poor working environment, treated like a piece of meat...
great place to work
assembler (Former Employee) –  sedalia moAugust 5, 2015
was a great place to work stayed busy all day made the day go by fast loved the hours and insuranceover all was a great place to work great poeple that work there
great experience
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2015
I've really enjoyed my time and experience so far. They provide great benefits and are rewarding. They are willing to work with you when necessary.
Okay place to work.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2015
Lack of training and professional development opportunities. In the middle of growing pains.
Great location if you are St. Louis City based along with great work environment.
Wiring assembly Tech (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 13, 2014
Working on a assembly line at different stations for the most part by your self either starting off on a oven from the day before or waiting on the next one to come down the line. I've learned a great deal about the different types of conventional ovens about how the operate and the manufacture of them. Some of your co-workers work fast some slow either way it's safe to go over a detailed list before it comes to you just to make sure.The hardest part of this job would be the 10 minute breaks if you are use to having 15 minutes breaks at another job. I mostly enjoyed learning something new when ever I had a chance, it's always good to expand your knowledge in any career.
Pros
week days only job so you would have weekends off. location is great.
Cons
short breaks and better pay.
Poor communicatopm
Project Manager Controls (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 17, 2014
Management has poor communication. Will not plan out new development projects. The excuse is that they don't know the requirements therefore everything just evolves.
Pros
innovative
Cons
poor communication
My Days at Duke
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 14, 2014
* A typical day was rather slow after my first month with the company. At the beginning I helped two lines catch up to where they needed to be within a week when they were three weeks behind.

*I learned how to be a spot welder and how certain bodies were made for restaurant chains.

* Management was easy to get along with. They were happy as long as you were doing what you were supposed to be doing.

* The co-workers were a different story than the management. Most of the employees treated life as a competition which was ridiculous.

* Unfortunately I got very sick and was out for long period but because I was only a temp employee through IMKO they had to relieve me of my duties at 30 days
lots of hard work and bending of stainless steel
Press Brake Operator (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJanuary 21, 2014
lead didn't show me how to operate and configure press brakes by myself, was only a temp. position.
Cons
short breaks, 12 hr shifts
Fast paced environment
Assembler/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MODecember 5, 2012
Fast paced environment where you could feel as though you had accomplished your goals everyday.
great place to work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 29, 2012
work 2nd sift with four others.every one runs there own machine.lots of heavy lifting .can be very repatisous.we run press brakes,shears,punch press.
Pros
bithday cake every month
Cons
drive to st louis
productive
painter/weld/back up lead (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOOctober 10, 2012
good pay,but envirerment wasnt very good,managment was ok but sometimes their skills should of been questioned
Cons
short breaks

2.7