Duluth Trading Company is a solutions driven workwear company and gear supplier for get-it-done guys and gals. We are currently seeking such an individual who can monitor and direct the daily flow of materials and employees in receiving and replenishing to meet the operational needs in our Distribution Center.
The ideal candidate will have supervisory or team lead experience, and at least one year of recent forklift driver experience. Ability to execute defined tasks and strive to improve on current procedures to decrease processing time, increase service levels and improve variable operating cost within the department is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritize daily work schedule for the department, and work with other departments inside the warehouse to reallocate labor to best meet customer demand and the strategic company goals.
- Plan effective use of department equipment and personnel to meet operating budget and service levels.
- Assist DC Supervisor in the following areas: Creation of department budgets and operating guidelines; Performance review process, creating a consistently high level of personal motivation among all personnel; Training of employees; Manage the development of meaningful labor and production measurements.
- Build cross departmental communications with all functional areas of the company.
- Assure that all actions taken with regard to direct reports are in accordance with established company policies.
- Process receipts and replenish primary locations as needed to meet customer service levels.
Knowledge and Background Requirements
- Detail oriented with high level of accuracy
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks & prioritize
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Forklift certification
- One year of recent forklift driver experience
- Experience in a supervisory or team lead role
- Basic keyboard and computer experience.
This is a 2nd shift position, working primarily Monday through Friday, 8-hour shifts with varying start times between 12pm and 2:30pm depending on the time of year. Some weekends and additional hours may be required to meet the operational needs of the department.