Duluth Trading Company

Duluth Trading Company Employee Reviews in United States

3 year seasonal employee didn't have a great experience.
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIMarch 28, 2016
I did seasonal work here for the past 3 years and finally quit. The work is easy and repetitive, most of the management is ok but there was one lady who was mean and aggressive toward other employees and always shopped for clothes when she was supposed to be working, and most of their stuff is just cheap products that were made overseas. Overall I would have to say that this Job was pretty terrible and I'm glad it was only for a couple months a year. If there was one thing I learned at Duluth it's that you should go to college so you don't end up working at a place like this your whole life.
Pros
Seasonal employees were nice, easy work, and pay was ok.
Cons
Management lacked respect for employees, cheap products, and repedetive work.
Enjoyed walking in every day!
Picker/Packer for customers (Former Employee) –  Warehouse - BellevilleJuly 16, 2016
Loved picking/packing for customers - very fast-paced that I liked. Made friends and light conversations was nice. Have been there 3 years seasonally, and hope to be rehired seasonally this fall. I know my job, am efficient and just like having productive days. While not all departments meet physical abilities, management does their best to place an employee to benefit both employee and company. Some permanent women workers can be "catty" and "bossy", overlook it and do the job according to the trainers. This year, if hired, I hope to stay on. Retail prep hard and very detailed - tried it and had physical ailments due to intricate work, but nice congenial employees.
Pros
Flexible schedules, nice people overall.
Cons
Cliques, cattiness, daily routine changes
Productive and fun job with good flexibility.
Customer Sales and Service Home Agent- Part Time (Current Employee) –  Belleville, WIMay 8, 2015
I am a home agent, so I am able to work from a laptop and phone for between 4 to 8 hours a day, depending on call volume. There are opportunities to earn extra cash during the holiday season. This is a part time position, so benefits are not applicable.

A phone and access to the assist line are provided and your are also able to communicate by email.

My typical day is to assist customers with placing orders, tracking packages, refunds and exchanges, and answer emails. I also assist customers with basic web site navigation questions, and provide product information.
Pros
I enjoy the customers and co-workers.
Cons
Remembering to punch out for lunch in 2 places.
Ok
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WINovember 13, 2015
Company is ok, management needs to learn to treat people with respect and need to work as a team which they do not in this company.
Pros
Cons
to many
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIApril 1, 2015
When I was at work we stayed busy, by do data entry if the phones were slow.
I learned about different products that really do work.
The management was very kind and fun to work with, and the management was very helpful when you had questions or problems.
My co-workers were very friendly and helpful.
When we had customers that were very upset about there products.
Going to work and talking with the customers on the phone and placing there orders.
Enjoyed working at Duluth Trading Company
Picker-Packer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIMay 14, 2012
I enjoyed my job at Duluth Trading. I learned about the company and what they do there. I was a picker-packer and learned the job very well and would like to do it agian.

Management was good to work for, they listened to problems I had and answered all questions very well.

Co-workers were good I met alot of nice people while working here.
They helped out when I had a problem.

The hardest part of job was packing which box to use to ship. All co-workers and leaders were very helpful.

I met alot of good people, that willing to help out and listen to what I had to say.

Great Company!
Pros
free lunches, drinks
Cons
health care
Great Place to Work
Receiving Specialist-MHE (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WINovember 28, 2014
Great flexible Scheduling, Very good management teams, Flexible Part time and Flexible Full time positions. Full time available, but you will have to earn it.
very nice employees, very busy for seasonal work
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Belleville, WIFebruary 16, 2015
Help customers getting product, understanding and fixing problems,
their always looking to improve customer service
Pros
employee discounts, i choose my own hours to work
Cons
its crazy around christmas time
Relaxed and productive working environment.
Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WINovember 16, 2011
Many good people. I worked as a seasonal employee. It would be better if they could stay busier all year long.
Pros
people, managers, and working environment
Cons
a slow off season.
Cold atmosphere
Office (Current Employee) –  Belleville, WIApril 2, 2014
Not very understanding - not employee friendly
Watch your back
Pros
clean
Cons
backstabbers

2.8