Duluth Trading Company Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 14, 2017
Working for Duluth was like being around family, friends. we always had each others back. It was a fun atmosphere, we didn't take life to seriously. Management worked with the employees, like being taking care of, like they really did care. Best place I have ever worked.
Pros
Employees and customers
Cons
not busy all the time
Best company I have ever worked for!
TSR (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 25, 2017
I learn so many things in my job. My team lead and supervisor are so supportive and the other employees are so nice and easy to work with. I love the fact that I can help others.
Great work/life balance
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 24, 2017
Nice environment to work in--great co-workers. However, not enough compensation or hours. The workplace culture is relaxed and fun. Management also shows compassion for both its internal and external customers.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough benefits.
DTC is a wonderful company with quality products.
Telephone Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 20, 2017
Management is very upbeat and the clientele is great. I love the product and have no problem with endorsing the product they sell. Duluth makes it easy to work for their company because it has high standards; they work for the customer, and that is key. The hardest part of the job, for me, is telling the customer we are out of a product they want because it was sold out. I love talking with the customers, and that is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Great for fill-in, part-time work. Able to work from home.
Cons
Part-time scheduling is not known until 2 weeks ahead of time.
Great company!
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 16, 2017
Duluth Trading Company specializes in making clothing for individuals in the trades. The product is well made and includes features needed for tradesmen and women. The company has a great marketing department that is one of the driving factors of their success.

DTC is another respectful company that treats customers and associates with respect and fairness.
Pros
Friendly, respectful, kind, supportive and FUN
Great
Retail Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Retail Sales LeadMay 15, 2017
Incredibly fun culture. As they grow, they're focusing more and more on numbers (because they went public) and less on their core values of customer service.
An easy and relaxed atmosphere that pays well
Retail Prep Associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, WIApril 27, 2017
Duluth is the first and only job that I've ever had and it's a great workplace for high school/college students or adults looking for a part time job. The pay is above average for a student job. The biggest downside is that you're working in a warehouse and are unable to sit outside of the break room.The coworkers are generally nice and willing to answer any question.
good company
Home Call Agent (Former Employee) –  at my homeApril 7, 2017
This is a good company. I was a home call agent and supervisors don't really return calls or emails with questions. You are really ON YOUR OWN. This is both good and bad. I got more questions answered from a friend/coworker.
Quick work pace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIMarch 13, 2017
This job required you to be able to work in a warehouse ergo there was not a lot of customer service. I enjoyed working at my own pace in a quick busy workplace.
Pros
Good break times, good working atmosphere, no experience required
Cons
Seasonal job
Fun Work Place
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIMarch 6, 2017
Duluth Trading was fun to work for because they used many plays on words. It was also nice that people called you to place an order, you didn't feel like you were bothering people.
Horrible Place To Work
Sales Associate - Retail (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOFebruary 4, 2017
Store Manager is horrible. And The leads have little to none experience. The other managers from other area we're delightful. But the Independence MO store is horrible and petty horse play. Funny shows they are highering and she's already filled position. There's a lot of regular associates there. But if you like a hostile place to work this is the 1 for you. The assistant Manager should be manager shes always there does everything.
Pros
Good Discount
Cons
To many petty leads and worst Store Manager.
Fun to work, but many "clicks"
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 29, 2017
Mangers are very judgemental and all have their clicks. over all the coworkers are great. Was never really busy. The hardest part was trying to get everything out before close. but overall was a very easy job.
Simple Work for Good Entry Level Money
Shipping and Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIJanuary 26, 2017
Was basic warehouse work that consisted of standing the entire time. The pay was good for entry level, but management was lacking at times. Sometimes miscommunication between supervisors and employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Communication between Managers
Awesome.
Replenishment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, WIJanuary 19, 2017
Great place to work. Very good compensation and the management team is awesome. I just wish i wasnt hired as seasonal. But overall great place to be.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNDecember 27, 2016
I looked forward to going to work everyday. Very understanding with the schedule. Very clean and inviting store. co workers were like family.
Okay.. at first
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WISeptember 25, 2016
If you arent okay with working with some stuck up people, do not work here. Gossip and finger pointing is all this company runs on. Product also is very shotty.
Pros
Nice break room
Cons
Backstabbing
Enjoyed walking in every day!
Picker/Packer for customers (Former Employee) –  Warehouse - BellevilleJuly 16, 2016
Loved picking/packing for customers - very fast-paced that I liked. Made friends and light conversations was nice. Have been there 3 years seasonally, and hope to be rehired seasonally this fall. I know my job, am efficient and just like having productive days. While not all departments meet physical abilities, management does their best to place an employee to benefit both employee and company. Some permanent women workers can be "catty" and "bossy", overlook it and do the job according to the trainers. This year, if hired, I hope to stay on. Retail prep hard and very detailed - tried it and had physical ailments due to intricate work, but nice congenial employees.
Pros
Flexible schedules, nice people overall.
Cons
Cliques, cattiness, daily routine changes
Productive and fun environment
picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIJune 7, 2016
Working at Duluth was an amazing experience. Everyone from the employees to the employers were fun and energetic making the work place a fun and relaxing environment. Production was great as well as organization.
Pros
break room privileges
Cons
shifts and location
3 year seasonal employee didn't have a great experience.
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIMarch 28, 2016
I did seasonal work here for the past 3 years and finally quit. The work is easy and repetitive, most of the management is ok but there was one lady who was mean and aggressive toward other employees and always shopped for clothes when she was supposed to be working, and most of their stuff is just cheap products that were made overseas. Overall I would have to say that this Job was pretty terrible and I'm glad it was only for a couple months a year. If there was one thing I learned at Duluth it's that you should go to college so you don't end up working at a place like this your whole life.
Pros
Seasonal employees were nice, easy work, and pay was ok.
Cons
Management lacked respect for employees, cheap products, and repedetive work.
Ok
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WINovember 13, 2015
Company is ok, management needs to learn to treat people with respect and need to work as a team which they do not in this company.
Pros
Cons
to many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duluth Trading Company. Our community is ready to answer.