Dunbar Armored Inc Employee Reviews

Don't apply here
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2016
Only thing this place is good for is getting armed experience. Not a reliable place for job security, more people getting fired than quitting.
Pros
free food & drinks sometimes
Cons
No breaks, zero job security
low pay but everyone got along
Operations supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 20, 2016
great co workers, management was cool. started the day around 8, ended at 430 depending if they asked you for ot.

hardest part was carrying heavy coin long walks.

best part was just being out doors daily.
Pros
fresh air, free lunches
Cons
low pay
Misery Inducing Horror Show
Driver/Guard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIJune 16, 2016
A typical day at work consists of arriving at the designated start time. They have a bad Clock-In policy, wherein you may only clock in 5 minutes prior to your shift start time, and if you're 30 seconds over your start time, you get a late notice. The day proceeds depending on your job, driver, or guard. If driving you have the task of reviewing a vehicle with anywhere from 400K - 800K miles on it, which smells, has poor ventilation/heat/AC, and drives bad. If you're the guard you load the truck after receiving transports. The rest of the day unfolded as it would, people making you wait a half hour to get their money, etc, being stuck in a metal oven in the summer and a freezer in the winter, and you never know when your day is going to end.
At this job I learned little that I did not already know, except how to drive the most dangerous vehicle on the road.
Management, during my tenure, was an absolute joke. The general supervisor was a fat slob who wore stained shirts and had the overall appearance of a goofball. Shift leaders were hit and miss, depending on their mood and overall attitude of the day.
My co-workers... where to begin... Some of the greatest people I've ever met I met through Dunbar. They encompassed 2% of the employees there. The rest were degenerates, pedophiles, criminals, and even washed-up cops who got kicked off the force for abuse of power.
The hardest part of the job was probably the toll the trucks took on your body, imagine hitting a speedbump in a metal box with no shocks, I mean, my back was crying after a long day. That, coupled with the poor
  more... climate control, was the worst.
The only enjoyable part of the job was carrying a gun.
Pros
You get to carry a gun
Cons
Lowest paying armored trucking company in the business, terrible vehicles, irregular shifts
Enjoyable and fairly relaxed atmosphere
Branch Manager/ Ops Manager (Former Employee) –  Ozone Park, NY / NY City Diamond OfficeOctober 24, 2012
Enjoyable company to work for. Like to promote from within. Salary could be better for the dangerous work performed
Current Employee
Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2015
Like my job. Co workers are great, my management team is understanding and willing to work with me. Pay low for what we do and amount of danger we are in on daily basis
Pros
hours, flexibility, co workers
Cons
pay
Ok place to work
Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 26, 2015
It was a ok place to work, but very stressful and dangerous work for the amount of pay. Some of the workers were great to work with.
Crazy
Armored guard/ATM Technician (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 6, 2015
This job is not for everyone and can be very time consuming. If you don't mind being under paid and over-worked this is the job for you.
Transporting money
Armored Guard (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 23, 2013
A day of riding without some watching over your back. Learn too be accountable for others monies. Great management . Co-workers were my eyes and ears at all times. The hardest part was trusting people around you. My most enjoyable part of the job was making it home safely.
Pros
building great accounting skills.
Cons
not enough money for job.
A Job
Vault Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 7, 2012
Working at Dunbar is fun if your out in the trucks all day but Being in the vault and hving to deal with the manger was a nightmare! Sometimes you work from 7in the morning to 9 at night if you don't have other things going on in your life this is a great job for you. The best thing about this job is your co-workers.
Pros
co-worker
Cons
terrible management
Great
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 6, 2014
Great company and always growing. Always room to move up only if your up to the challenge.
driver/guard
Driver Guard (Former Employee) –  milwaukee,wiJanuary 4, 2015
check out the vehicle,check out the coin,drive to customers location unload coin and load coin onto the truck,driver back to base, check in the coin and packages.
part time job for students and retired personal
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJOctober 24, 2014
a good part time job with skills that can be apply in banking but not the kind of job to support a family
Not a bad place to work for.
Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 16, 2013
there is no typical day at work, everyday is different and a challange.
people are good to work with...
Pros
driver/tech break room
Cons
only two uniforms issued.

2.4