Dunbar Armored Employee Reviews

Avoid this company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 29, 2016
First the pay is poor for the amount of money I handled. Their is also a lot of responsibility for the pay. After working for a few years, some of our incentives were taken away from us never to return. Then, we got a new bank it was closed. A good handful of the employees from that bank came on board. It soon got out they were making (much more) than the people that were already there. We were told they are working on something for us (money) and never got a raise.
Many, as well as myself, felt they were not treated well. Some of the management is very poor. Their seemed to be some other shady things going on too at this branch too. A manager was fired then another person soon took her place. Management claims a job posting was up for the position. However, it was only for a few days. Many feel the person that took the position, blew the fired person in for an issue to take her job.
In my 8.5 years I saw a lot of turnaround. This is not only in the cash vault but on the armored side as well. Part of its the pay. Part of it is management and upper management. Since I have left, the large account I spoke of has gone to another cash vault service. I liked the work but not the bologna and the way we were poorly treated. I feel they lost a good worker while the poor was are still there.
Pros
Working behind closed doors (no customer interaction). Hours were great!
Cons
management poor, pay, not sensitive to employees feelings/needs.
Fun
Atm technician Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 7, 2016
Classified fun co workers made the job a very fun and professional place to work at. Had a very good time and learned a whole lot.
You have to like the work environment .
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 7, 2016
This job is for you if you don't want to be stuck in a desk job. You would be in an armored vehicle all day going in and out with some moderate or a lot of heavy lifting of coins.
You get to meet a lot of new people and get to know different cities. The job is risky and you sometimes have to deal with rude customers but who doesn't?
Gotta like your partner because you will know each other's lives real well working long shifts together.
This job is great if you like being out and about and like the element of danger.
Pros
Paid lunch, no supervisor breathing down your neck, not stuck in a desk job, quarterly bonuses.
Cons
Management isn't very good at managing, easy to get fired with accidents or missing packages, sometimes have to pick up lazy people's slack
Great Place to Work
Armored Car Officer (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 2, 2016
Large Armored Car Comp. Great Job Protecting Money
Good Officers & Management. Lots of Traveling . Dangerous Job
But Loved it.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Long Hours
not good place to advance
Armed Guard (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 21, 2015
not valued as an employee nor payed enough to be putting life at risk and not good benefits at all. the pay isn't worth the type of work you have to do, you will drive for almost 15 hours and with no breaks or time after your shift.
Pros
Cons
too many.
Horrible Place To Work
Driver Guard (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 20, 2015
If you like being out all day driving around in trucks that do not work properly and dealing with rude management and customers this is the place for you.
Working with the other driver guards
Driver Guard / Security (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 11, 2015
Drive a truck, guard millions in currency, go to the airport, service ATM machines, hardest part of job, is staying safe everyday, and be sure to go home every night, and not getting robbed. the enjoyable part of job is getting to know the different driver guards, learning about their lives.
Pros
Learning about the other guards lives
Cons
Short, to no breaks, and trying to stay safe everyday
Great place, easy going management team
Asset Handler/Driver (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MODecember 10, 2015
The best part of this position was the freedom of the open road, while being on route traveling all over the states of MO & IL.
Pros
Weekends & all holidays off !
Cons
Long 12 hour days, a few times a week
Fun place to work.
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2015
It was a good experience working at Dunbar, very kind co-workers, management was good, a lot of working hours available,
Pros
a lot of working hours.
Cons
risky job
Competent workplace with room for career growth.
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 1, 2015
Supportive management with excellent teamwork skills between co-workers. Work is very easy to get into the rhythm and employees show excellent attention to detail and professionalism.
just making sure you get back safe.
Armed Driver/Courier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2015
you deal with a large some money and jewelry. thought our day and you are a target . getting back safe is the main goal. Do meet a lot of people and help you stay professional at all time.
Pros
this job keep me on my toe at all time. How watch people
Cons
gettimg paid everyweek
Dunbar
Armored Guard (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 13, 2015
Dunbar was a ok company I think that the company needs a little bit of work try to accommodate to there employees. the management structure needs work and there equipment is on the old side of things.
Good place to work for
Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  Duncansville, PANovember 11, 2015
I liked working there, it was a highly motivated place to work for. you were out on the road all day picking up money from banks and retail stores.
FAMILY OWNED & GREAT MANAGEMENT
Executive Assistant to Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2015
It's Family owned.... Compensation and Growth Opportunities are Great.....
I would have loved to retire at Dunbar.
I was always treated with Kindness
Great job while it lasted
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 2, 2015
At National RV there was lots of variety as far as what was done during the day. There was always something to do and stay busy
it is very important to check the bills if any counterfeit is there or no
Teller (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYNovember 1, 2015
every teller have their own both, they are getting the work that doing in time. counting the bills and keep separate for each customer. after finish each work have to call he supervisor to come and take the bills. They come and check
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
break 15 min
A typical day at work
Armed Driver (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 26, 2015
While working for Dunbar Armored, a typical day was load up the vehicle, ensure all currency was secured, deliver and pick up currency at different locations, and ensure that all currency was counted and verified.
Pros
Company growth, great team
Cons
Not enough pay, lack of communication between employee and management
Driving all day
Driver / Guard (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 22, 2015
Exciting job, having to be aware of everything all the time. Get to see new people everyday and interact with all types of situations.
Pros
Paid lunch times
Cons
Long routes
Armored Guard Carrier & Driver (Current Employee) –  LAOctober 21, 2015
Dunbar Armored as a Armored Guard Carrier & Driver safe guarding and delivering valuables. awesome job, really enjoy being there. learn a lot meet a lot of people working there and a lot of networking with a strong culture
Driver/Guard
Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 21, 2015
They are okay. Not a bad company but not the best too. Love how they give free food on Friday if we all do good. Hardest about the job is driving non stop.