Dunbar Armored

Dunbar Armored Employer Reviews

Fast pace
Cash Teller (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Fast pace enviroment no room for mistakes. The staff was okay but management needs some work. There was a lot of drama and people getting away with things that they should not be getting away with.
Nice Experience
Cashvault Teller (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: learning experience
Cons: unorganized, overworked employees
A great company to work with , I learned many things dealing in banking and financial service area . The work environment wasn't the best but you could tell that management was working it to get better.
Every thing was great.
Driver/Guard (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great staff of employee
Cons: to long of hours away from home.
If you are single man looking for 14 hours day 6 days a week. It will be perfect place to work. For being a family man. I have a wife and kids that need me at home. I learned that money is not every thing. Employee were great to get a long with. Management is lacking at that place. They don't know any thing about it at all.
Fast pace
Armed Driver/Guard (Former Employee), Smithfield, RIJanuary 5, 2015
At Dunbar Armored as a armed driver I had to transport and pick up money and gold. As the driver I would go bring my co-worker to the destinations and keep a look out for them and anything suspicious till they got back to the armored truck. I would also often be the person picking up and transporting the goods.
work with you on your schedule
Driver Guard /Hopper (Current Employee), Braintree, MADecember 31, 2014
overall it is an alright company, great job to use as a resume builder but not to work for as a long term job. Lots of lifting, pushing, driving, carrying, can be a dangerous job, always have to have eyes open and play close attention.
not an enjoyable company to work for
CASHIER (Current Employee), White Marsh, MDDecember 24, 2014
Cons: short breaks, constantly standing on feet, short lunch breaks
The lunch breaks are entirely to short. Constant standing on your feet for well over 8 hours.
Good fun place to work
Prisoner Transport Officer (Full time) (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 20, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: nothing bad i really have to say
I had a good time working for the company. I received my cpr/fist aid and my guard card certification. This is a good company to work for. Didn't have any problems working for them.
Very stressful work environment
Vault Teller (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: day goes by really quick and fun when the manager isn't sitting on your shoulders
Cons: only a 30 minute lunch, no breaks, manager is unreasonable, low pay, no room for growth, hired part time and work full time, don't get full time benefits
The job was very detrimental to my health. I stayed sick for about 5-6 months out of the 8 months that i was there. The job is fun, co-workers were great, but management is terrible. We are micro managed and talked to like children
nice work place
Teller (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 17, 2014
Pros: able to take breaks and lunches when ready.
I am outgoing and willing to learn, I have good customer service skills and enjoy knowing that I can help someone. I am looking for a place to grow and start a career.

A typical at work is very fast paste and steady. My manager is very understanding and works with all employees to get things done and solve work related issues. I enjoy working with my employees and knowing that get along very well. there is no hard part about my job its pretty easy you just have to stay focus and pay attention to detail. I enjoy working with money and knowing all customers were satisfied with all money and change orders that were placed.
Nice starter job to get your feet wet
Driver/Guard (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLDecember 15, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: pay
Nice place to work, you don't really interact with others unless you switch partners each shift. its usually just you and your partner in a truck all day.
Enjoyable and Great Co-workers
ARMORED COURIER (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MODecember 13, 2014
It consisted of a great group of people. Easy doing environment where I got along with everyone in the company.
run from this industry
driver /messenger (Former Employee), SchaumburgDecember 12, 2014
Pros: the last day off work ...ever at this place
Cons: the entire industry ..
Run dont walk from these armored companies ..unless you like being treated like an idiot and like working for poverty level pay ...and overpriced benefits there is no way possible to of pay for ..and worked like a dog ...there is talk of a union ..please.. its a big joke ...this union is worthless ...they work for the company and charge you dues ...then backstab you ..and if you think this job is a stepping stone for law enforcement think again because the police thing we are a big joke and have absolutely no respect for us actually they think we are a danger to be caring a fire arm in public and should be caring mace ...so police frown on the armored industry ..just wannabe cops..
Dunbar Armored
Driver/Guards (Former Employee), Atlanat GaDecember 12, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with was great and helpful with the routes.
Cons: not having a set schedule.
Driver/Guards are responsible for providing secure and reliable transport of cash, securities, jewelry, and other valuable cargo for financial institutions, businesses, and other customers. Co-works was very good with helping me with the routes. Had no problem with management. The hardest part of the jobs was offloading the currency out of the vault. The most enjoyable part of this job was to be able to do something different.
Fun place to work at
Supervisor (Current Employee), Auburn, WADecember 8, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: lazy boss
A typical day is processing money and balacing and counting money at the end of each day. I have learned forklift, inventory control. Some of my co workers are ok workers but they do not know how to work. An my boss is pretty lazy which is the only con about the job. Always comes in late has never been on time for thre year I have been working there. Gives everyone attitude and complaines always.
Good job
Driver/Guard (Former Employee), Minneapolis M.NNovember 29, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: clients may be late with thier drop offs
Long hours, management is good with working with you on days off. Co-workers are nice
Place is OK to work at
Driver Guard (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILNovember 26, 2014
I would come in an pick up my fire arm
Prepare Pre Trip inspections
Prepare work route for the day
Drive to assigned stops
Pick up cash
Drive back to shop and return truck
Prepare Post trip inspection
cash out
return firearm

It was an OK place to work at
Delivered Cash to and from Banks
Driver / Guard (Former Employee), Lexington, KYNovember 17, 2014
Pros: lack of supervision
Cons: low pay for high personalk risk.
Responsible for multi million dollar cash shipment between banks and the federal reserve.
Lots of time to study, interpersonal problems between coworkers, lots of accountability, can be stressful.
Vault Personnel (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 9, 2014
Pros: days are routine, it's a good job to find out if you want to drive for a living.
Cons: coworkers (including management) don't always get along, you rarely get to go outside or on a truck, it can get boring in the vault.
Sent valuables out with crews, high accountability for each item, a lot of down time in the middle of the day, good place to do homework/study, handled rare emergencies, received valuables at the end of the day, balanced all paperwork. Prevent internal theft (I prevented an internal theft of $20K). You are very visible when in public because of the truck, uniform, and sidearm. Having to settle/switch crews around because of interpersonal problems.
Very busy enviornment
Driver/Guard (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2014
Pros: free turkey for the thanksgiving holiday
Cons: note enough covereage so taking time off was very challeging
Dunbar was a very high paced type of environment. For the most part everybody was close to one another. Maybe due to the fact that you had to trust the person you were partnered with during that day. Dunbar is considered an high risk job.
Basic review pick up and or give money to company, then confirm all packages of money has arrived
Guard/Driver (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: can park next to door of business even if not a legal parking space.
Cons: equipment is always breaking down.
A typical day at work at Dunbar Armored starts with signing in getting ids/gun if armed safety inspection of truck.
What I have learned from this company is how to stack different types of money container as to not have big mess of coin and cash from shifting containers.
Management works well with what he has to work with.
Co workers are mostly former servicemen police/emergency.
The hardest part of the job for most armored drivers is traffic and still and all appointment on time, because with up to one hundred stops it only takes a little delay here and there to mess up your appointment times.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when all money packages have been confirmed to have made it to their locations to time.
Business can work smoothly for another day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dunbar Armored

Dunbar Armored gets paid to take the money and run -- to the bank. The company provides armored transportation to banks, retailers, – Read more