Dunbar Armored

Dunbar Armored Employer Reviews

Friendly Co workers
Vault Personnel (Current Employee), San Leandro, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Friendly co worker, although it does need stronger leaders in the afternoon shifts and stronger communication. Employees with constant issues should be sanctioned more efficiently.
Dunbar
Driver/Armed Guard (Former Employee), New London, CTFebruary 15, 2015
not that bad of a company to work for
long days and busy days always on your feet to get the job done, on an average day I would have 60 stops from banks to retail locations and also working on ATM machines
Great Job depending on personal preference or necessity.
Vault Attendant/ Armored Car Guard (Current Employee), Kenilworth, NJFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great team.
Cons: schedule, and pay.
A typical day can be negative or positive depending on how you walk in to work. I have a great manager who exemplary when dealing with staff or day to day issues. I have learned how to deal with various types of people and how to maximize on team effort towards reaching goals by compensating for individual weaknesses. It is a great team environment with great co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the overnight work, and the lack of time spent at home; due to unforeseen circumstances the balance can be lopsided. The most enjoyable part of the job is a job well done. My branch is the best branch in the north-east, if not the whole country.
Part Time Teller (Current Employee), White Marsh, MDFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: fast pace
Cons: short breaks
Fast pace environment no room for mistakes. The staff is okay but management needs some work. requires more to be done, there is barely no hard part of the job.
Good Place
Driver/Guard (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Not a bad job if your looking for experience to be driving around. Get to know certain areas. Only negative is that there is not much training for driving
Not a rewarding job pay to low
Driver Guard (Current Employee), HoustonJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: some prestige with the uniform, gun etc.
Cons: too many to list, hours, pay the list is long....
Needs to pay more for the job being done. These guys put their lives on the line every day for very low wages. The turn over rate is very high causing over worked staff to be tired, disgruntled, and always looking for another job. It is a vicious cycle which does not allow management to do their jobs in an efficient manner. They have to always ask the already tired staff to come in on off days etc.

It will never change until they are staffed properly...that will never happen as long as the pay stays where it is.
Fast pace
Cash Teller (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Fast pace enviroment no room for mistakes. The staff was okay but management needs some work. There was a lot of drama and people getting away with things that they should not be getting away with.
Nice Experience
Cashvault Teller (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: learning experience
Cons: unorganized, overworked employees
A great company to work with , I learned many things dealing in banking and financial service area . The work environment wasn't the best but you could tell that management was working it to get better.
Every thing was great.
Driver/Guard (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great staff of employee
Cons: to long of hours away from home.
If you are single man looking for 14 hours day 6 days a week. It will be perfect place to work. For being a family man. I have a wife and kids that need me at home. I learned that money is not every thing. Employee were great to get a long with. Management is lacking at that place. They don't know any thing about it at all.
Fast pace
Armed Driver/Guard (Former Employee), Smithfield, RIJanuary 5, 2015
At Dunbar Armored as a armed driver I had to transport and pick up money and gold. As the driver I would go bring my co-worker to the destinations and keep a look out for them and anything suspicious till they got back to the armored truck. I would also often be the person picking up and transporting the goods.
work with you on your schedule
Driver Guard /Hopper (Current Employee), Braintree, MADecember 31, 2014
overall it is an alright company, great job to use as a resume builder but not to work for as a long term job. Lots of lifting, pushing, driving, carrying, can be a dangerous job, always have to have eyes open and play close attention.
not an enjoyable company to work for
CASHIER (Current Employee), White Marsh, MDDecember 24, 2014
Cons: short breaks, constantly standing on feet, short lunch breaks
The lunch breaks are entirely to short. Constant standing on your feet for well over 8 hours.
Good fun place to work
Prisoner Transport Officer (Full time) (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 20, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: nothing bad i really have to say
I had a good time working for the company. I received my cpr/fist aid and my guard card certification. This is a good company to work for. Didn't have any problems working for them.
Very stressful work environment
Vault Teller (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: day goes by really quick and fun when the manager isn't sitting on your shoulders
Cons: only a 30 minute lunch, no breaks, manager is unreasonable, low pay, no room for growth, hired part time and work full time, don't get full time benefits
The job was very detrimental to my health. I stayed sick for about 5-6 months out of the 8 months that i was there. The job is fun, co-workers were great, but management is terrible. We are micro managed and talked to like children
nice work place
Teller (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 17, 2014
Pros: able to take breaks and lunches when ready.
I am outgoing and willing to learn, I have good customer service skills and enjoy knowing that I can help someone. I am looking for a place to grow and start a career.

A typical at work is very fast paste and steady. My manager is very understanding and works with all employees to get things done and solve work related issues. I enjoy working with my employees and knowing that get along very well. there is no hard part about my job its pretty easy you just have to stay focus and pay attention to detail. I enjoy working with money and knowing all customers were satisfied with all money and change orders that were placed.
Nice starter job to get your feet wet
Driver/Guard (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLDecember 15, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: pay
Nice place to work, you don't really interact with others unless you switch partners each shift. its usually just you and your partner in a truck all day.
Enjoyable and Great Co-workers
ARMORED COURIER (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MODecember 13, 2014
It consisted of a great group of people. Easy doing environment where I got along with everyone in the company.
run from this industry
driver /messenger (Former Employee), SchaumburgDecember 12, 2014
Pros: the last day off work ...ever at this place
Cons: the entire industry ..
Run dont walk from these armored companies ..unless you like being treated like an idiot and like working for poverty level pay ...and overpriced benefits there is no way possible to of pay for ..and worked like a dog ...there is talk of a union ..please.. its a big joke ...this union is worthless ...they work for the company and charge you dues ...then backstab you ..and if you think this job is a stepping stone for law enforcement think again because the police thing we are a big joke and have absolutely no respect for us actually they think we are a danger to be caring a fire arm in public and should be caring mace ...so police frown on the armored industry ..just wannabe cops..
Dunbar Armored
Driver/Guards (Former Employee), Atlanat GaDecember 12, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with was great and helpful with the routes.
Cons: not having a set schedule.
Driver/Guards are responsible for providing secure and reliable transport of cash, securities, jewelry, and other valuable cargo for financial institutions, businesses, and other customers. Co-works was very good with helping me with the routes. Had no problem with management. The hardest part of the jobs was offloading the currency out of the vault. The most enjoyable part of this job was to be able to do something different.
Fun place to work at
Supervisor (Current Employee), Auburn, WADecember 8, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: lazy boss
A typical day is processing money and balacing and counting money at the end of each day. I have learned forklift, inventory control. Some of my co workers are ok workers but they do not know how to work. An my boss is pretty lazy which is the only con about the job. Always comes in late has never been on time for thre year I have been working there. Gives everyone attitude and complaines always.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dunbar Armored

Dunbar Armored gets paid to take the money and run -- to the bank. The company provides armored transportation to banks, retailers, – Read more