Dunbar Armored Employee Reviews

A nice place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 18, 2017
Dunbar was a nice place the work I worked with a good team of course because it was armored services we were under a strong security which is expected. Management was okay and the pay was fair. The hardest part of the job was if money was miscounted the first time it had to be counted over but that rarely happened. I liked it there but do not considered it a career job but the benefits were great.
Poor management
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2017
The company does not have growth opportunities, management could use additional training on how to conduct business, maintain confidentiality, and remain professional at all times.
horrible company
Driver guards (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTAugust 11, 2017
low wages
no room for advancement
dead end job
not well recommended
if your looking for an armored company got to Loomis of brinks better pay better benefits you're an employee not just a number in their books.
Pros
Cons
everything
Terrible
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 10, 2017
I would not recommend this job to anyone. The people here really do not care about your life or safety. My supervisors would pull me into a office before my shift to tell me about everything i'm doing wrong and yell at me.
Fair Place to work
SECURITY GUARD DUNBAR (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDAugust 9, 2017
My experience working for Dunbar was bitter sweet. When we was full staff the work load was breaking down evenly and everybody got to leave work at a reasonable time. On the other hand, when we was short staff we as a staff felt it because the work load was to much for one person to get done. Management was pretty good when it comes to communicating with their employees. In closing if you are into security and is looking for an entry level job i recommend Dunbar. They are also willing to help you obtain your Armed Security License
Pros
Get pay Everyweek
Cons
Giving More Raises
Okay for work flow
Security & Licensing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 8, 2017
For the most part, the work isn't difficult. I learned that you have to be careful who you trust and management can be a bit persnickety, most are decent. The hardest part of the job is that it takes a while to get to know all the players.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, Decent benefits
Cons
Merit increases are minimal even if you get a good review.
Great opportunity for advancement
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILAugust 7, 2017
Dunbar Armlred was a great employment opportunity. Start out as a driver and work your way up to Crew Chief in no time. Remain safe, the protocols are emplace for a reason.
Friendly people to work with and watch each others back
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2017
The job is just to come ready and focus because its very serious and its like being a cop.What I love about the job is that u get to explore different places and talk to different people and build a friendship with them.
Pros
Take a long break and no bosses breathing down my neck
Cons
Risking your life
Working at Dunbar
Driver/Guard (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2017
As a Driver/ Guard some days can be stressful. Driving from point to point in the city is by far a typical day at work.

Management is fair.

I really enjoy at the end of the day the conversation with my co-workers.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
driving and short lunches
A typical day at work
DRIVER/GAURD (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYAugust 2, 2017
The job was very risky you are taking a chance with your life going outside the truck on your own with a large some of money.Management didnot care about your life .They would just say be safe out there .It was bad
Not great, but its a job
Driver/Guard - ATM Technician (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL 60173August 1, 2017
All routes are very different each day. On one day, one route may finish within 6 hours, while another route finishes in 13 hours. Then the next day those hours could be switched. I was told it is a part time job with full time hours (so they don't have to give you benefits), but some routes only work 30 hours a week (which is way too little, in my opinion) and other routes could be working 60 hours a week (which is way too much in my opinion). You don't get to pick your route, so if you have more or less hours than you want, you're stuck with it. They use the "Smart Drive" system in the trucks, so if you're going 40 mph instead of 35 mph or you are 3 seconds behind the car in front of you instead of 4, they will know about it, and you will either get a coaching, verbal warning, written warning, suspension or be terminated, depending on the severity of the action, or the number of times you've been caught doing that. It's ridiculous. There are some good people you work with and others that are just completely incompetent and leave you questioning management for ever hiring some of the people.
Pros
No limits on overtime, take paid lunches and breaks whenever you need to.
Cons
Extremely underpaid, considering I am potentially risking my life at this job.
Hard work. Rewarding for the person
Driver guard (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2017
Keep the job in perspective. Good job for a people person. At times stressful but helping customers get the best service is rewarding. They count on you.
Pros
Lots of people to interact with
Cons
Long days at times
Hot place, unorganized
Crew Chief Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 31, 2017
Place really is a terrible place to work, management does not seem to care or know what happens daily. Pay isn't great for what you are asked. job description changes almost monthly on what they want but no change in pay. Would never recommend working here. No AC really in any of the trucks and lack of care about that.
Pros
Life Insurance if you die
Cons
everything
I loved working here.
Armed Guard/Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2017
When I started I was just a vault teller. Then They sent me to qualify for my Class G and I really felt like I was moving up and going somewhere within the Jacksonville branch. After getting almost a year of service under my belt I really started to receive more and more responsibilities. I No real pay increase but I didn't mind because I loved my job
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Long hours, not enough trucks, no AC in trucks we did have
Not a good place to Work
Driver/Guard (Hopper). (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2017
Production management, an some supervisors play extreme favorites. Average vehicle probably has 200,000 miles on it. Don't expect the A/C in the vehicle good enough to keep you cool. Management doesn't care who they put you with, so if you get a new driver or a driver who plays on their phone all day, not only will you as a hopper be at risk, your day will be longer too. Working weekends are bad it seems routes are longer. Holidays are the worst, new management will combine 2 routes making for a longer, more stressful day. Past management would only make you run 1/2 a route on a holiday, making the day shorter, more pleasant, an enjoyable. Human Resources is a absolute joke at this company. Previous production management was way better, than the yes man who was brought in. Sometimes FORCED to work your off days, while back office is Monday-Friday weekends off.
Overall as a driver/guard this place is a joke. It is fun to watch someone get so aggravated they get into shouting matches with management or supervisors.
Pros
Lots of hours, sometimes forced.
Cons
Bad days off, horrible production management, some bad supervisors, bad vehicles, some bad drivers, A/C in most vehicles is sub par.
hard work
Driver / Guard (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJuly 26, 2017
You must be willing to deal with all type of people.

your life is on the line every day. you must have the gust to work for this company. you will be all over the state of Illinois.
Pros
Cons
you can die on the job
not worth your life
Driver guard (Current Employee) –  phoenix azJuly 25, 2017
you pick up a huge sum of money and risk your life for only 13 dollars an hour. its not worth it. they set more rules on driving than required by law. there is no game period for being sick, or late. you have to seriously milk the clock to get 8 hours a day.
Day to day.
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2017
You start shift by gathering your load for the day. You leave the branch and head out to deliver/pickup products from customers. You may have to do ATMs. You come back to branch and unload your truck with your partner.
Pros
On the road. Great co-workers. Travel
Cons
Management in general. Long hours.
It's ok
Vault Personnel (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 24, 2017
The hours are anywhere from 2-4pm to 2am.. Sometimes 3-4am on the holidays.
You can make Good money, but it's not a good shift if you have a family at home. You'll barely see you kids or have time for their school shows.
Pros
Paid every Friday, off 2 weekends out of the month
Cons
Health care is expensive, It's not for someone that has a family at home, Unprofessional
Low pay
Branch Secretary (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 21, 2017
The company does not pay much for the environment that you are putting yourself in. one would think that the risk would pay more. the benefits were also very pricey, making the pay even less to take home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dunbar Armored. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7