Duncan Aviation Employee Reviews

stay away from certain depts
Purchasing Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 9, 2017
management is a bunch of good ole boys. lots of secrets here. people advance who have no reason to advance. not accepting to new ideas unless you are one of the good ole boys. stay away from the material services dept...stay far away!!!!!!!
Accessory Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 1, 2017
I cannot say enough good things about the culture and co workers there. My years in the company flew by. They even installed a full blown workout facility complete with oversight by certified trainer.
Pros
Atomsphere
Cons
low pay
They always challenge you to be better. Job Safety and a quality product was something they strive for. Excellent place to work.
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 24, 2017
My time at Duncan Aviation was that of learning and being a team player. I enjoyed my co-workers, we had a good work ethic. They took the time out to train you in the proper way, and how job safety was important.
Pros
Good benefits. Steady work. Enjoyed my job
Cons
Alot of overtime.
Paint Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 13, 2017
Sometimes there will be mandatory 7 days a week if a job needs to be done by a certain date. Also there will be times that right before you are suppose to clock out that they tell you that you have to work over.
Avoid
Avionics Installer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 22, 2017
They work 10 hour days 6 days a week. They are inefficient and unorganized. Expect for the warehouse to NOT have the parts needed and also expect to walk 10 mins to get to the parts house.
Lots of training
Paint Assistant (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 6, 2017
Duncan has a lot of opportunity to grow and one could defiantly make a career out of it. The paint department has a lot learn for training new employees.
Pros
Oportunity to grow
Cons
No set Schedual
Avionics-Gyros
Avionics-Gyros (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 5, 2017
Sweat Shop all over. If it takes you five hours to do a unit, next they want it in 4.5 hours. Management was never happy. A lot of discontinuity in how they pay, review and treat you. By far the worst place I ever worked. Leaving was easy and made for a very happy time.
Pros
Moving out and moving on.
Cons
Management and review system.
Great people working in the trenches.
Master Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 11, 2016
The people working on the floor are great people. Management can not be trusted. Management is completely out of touch.
Great place to work if you don't mind the low pay.
Quality Assurance Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 13, 2016
Great place to work if you don't mind the low pay. Management needs much improvement. Managers have a tendency to become frustrated with employees quickly.
High stress/low paying pressure cooker
Lead Airframe Technician (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 17, 2016
Their motto should be do more with much much less. Far from industry standard pay. Unrealistic out dates with no labor or space to make the out dates. The Project Manager is looking for that squawk (excuse) to extend the out date to save his a**. Average to sub standard performing 401k plan. The rare bonus you receive is a joke. If there are to many paid out in a row then they raise the goals.
It's a great advanced A&P school if you have no experience but anyone working there more than 3-5 years is a fool. If you have experience don't waste your time.
Pros
You can screw up as many times as you want. Sloths can have a long career there.
Cons
Not enough space to list
Was a employee and family focused business, now it is just driven by profit
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 6, 2016
Was a employee/family and customer service focused business but has grown to the size that it is more focused on profit margin then providing the quality and customer service on which it's reputation was built. Most people work very hard and take pride in what they do but go unnoticed until something goes wrong. There are a lot of good people to work with and it is enjoyable since there is always new challenges.
Terrible company
Sales (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 17, 2016
They are not afraid to discriminate and illegally terminate.they are quick to get rid of employees as they see fit! I would not recommend to anyone to start there!
Pros
Salary but questionable if the pay was the same as other folks
Cons
everything! management and HR
Very good old boy network
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 11, 2016
It is nor relevant what you know or what you do but who you are related to, and who you know. Jobs are given to relatives who have no skills or should not have gotten by the background checks, if you are good at your present position they are hesitant to advance you because they do not want to replace you.
Pros
benefits, job securety
Cons
less chance of advancement
I had 29 years with the company when it was decided that someone would do my job cheaper, no loyalty to me even after 29 years, sad really.
Northeast Regional Manager-sales (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 27, 2016
Overall I had a great career with this company until the money became the most important thing, not their customers. They ;et me go after 29 years dedicated service for someone who would do my job cheaper. My budget for 2015 was 51 million dollars, this is what I had to generate to remain employed. I did this but was let go for a less expensive alternative.
Productive and fast, fun working environment
Airframe Structures Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 17, 2016
Enjoyable working atmosphere, good working conditions, nice/ clean facilities. Decent coworkers, four day workweeks. On site health care facility, on site gym. Nice lunchrooms, good vendor food. Family feel company.
Pros
Outside Vendor Catered lunches, 4 day workweeks, Uniforms, On site Health Facility, Gym
Cons
High Deductible Healthcare plans
Job was great.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 26, 2016
I was working there on autopilot units while going to school, and they worked with me and my hours around my school. Great group of people, and good management.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Duncan is a great place to work.
Facilities maintenace lead tech (Former Employee) –  facilitiesOctober 17, 2015
They provide benefits from day one because they believe a healthy and happy employee is a good employee. We had to do stretches before each work shift. They provided uniforms and cold weather gear for people working outside. On holidays they provide the best meals.
Pros
all management including the owner would walk among the workers and have great conversations.
Cons
I wished they would provide us better snow removal equipment.
overall not a bad company to work for
Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 30, 2015
They are great at helping new employees learn new challenges and train to accomplish new tasks. The pay is on the lower end of the scale considering the amount of stress and demands that day to day operations require
Pros
nice benifits, excellent family atmosphere, team members are willing to train new employees
Cons
The pay is on the lower end for the amount of stress the job can create, advancement is very slow
N/a
Parts and Rotable Salesman (Current Employee) –  Lincoln NE.August 15, 2015
N/A Duncan is an okay employer that has it moments, some times they listen to employees sometime they do not.

Pay is a little below country wide
Absolutely love the Industry and this Company!
Interiors Expediter (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 23, 2015
Beautiful facility, Great fitness room with onsite wellness coordinator who runs challenging classes, onsite Medical staff for emergencies and general healthcare appointments.

Quality and Pride of the work performed in this facility are Top Notch! Very exciting to be in any part of this business!
Pros
Very exciting, fast paced and demanding of the best in quality! Great people to work with!
Cons
Games and Players Rule to an Extreme

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duncan Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8