Duncan Aviation Employee Reviews

Avionics-Gyros
Avionics-Gyros (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 5, 2017
Sweat Shop all over. If it takes you five hours to do a unit, next they want it in 4.5 hours. Management was never happy. A lot of discontinuity in how they pay, review and treat you. By far the worst place I ever worked. Leaving was easy and made for a very happy time.
Pros
Moving out and moving on.
Cons
Management and review system.
High stress/low paying pressure cooker
Lead Airframe Technician (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 17, 2016
Their motto should be do more with much much less. Far from industry standard pay. Unrealistic out dates with no labor or space to make the out dates. The Project Manager is looking for that squawk (excuse) to extend the out date to save his a**. Average to sub standard performing 401k plan. The rare bonus you receive is a joke. If there are to many paid out in a row then they raise the goals.
It's a great advanced A&P school if you have no experience but anyone working there more than 3-5 years is a fool. If you have experience don't waste your time.
Pros
You can screw up as many times as you want. Sloths can have a long career there.
Cons
Not enough space to list
Lots of training
Paint Assistant (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 6, 2017
Duncan has a lot of opportunity to grow and one could defiantly make a career out of it. The paint department has a lot learn for training new employees.
Pros
Oportunity to grow
Cons
No set Schedual
Was a employee and family focused business, now it is just driven by profit
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 6, 2016
Was a employee/family and customer service focused business but has grown to the size that it is more focused on profit margin then providing the quality and customer service on which it's reputation was built. Most people work very hard and take pride in what they do but go unnoticed until something goes wrong. There are a lot of good people to work with and it is enjoyable since there is always new challenges.
I had 29 years with the company when it was decided that someone would do my job cheaper, no loyalty to me even after 29 years, sad really.
Northeast Regional Manager-sales (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 27, 2016
Overall I had a great career with this company until the money became the most important thing, not their customers. They ;et me go after 29 years dedicated service for someone who would do my job cheaper. My budget for 2015 was 51 million dollars, this is what I had to generate to remain employed. I did this but was let go for a less expensive alternative.
Very good old boy network
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 11, 2016
It is nor relevant what you know or what you do but who you are related to, and who you know. Jobs are given to relatives who have no skills or should not have gotten by the background checks, if you are good at your present position they are hesitant to advance you because they do not want to replace you.
Pros
benefits, job securety
Cons
less chance of advancement
Great people working in the trenches.
Master Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 11, 2016
The people working on the floor are great people. Management can not be trusted. Management is completely out of touch.
Terrible company
Sales (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 17, 2016
They are not afraid to discriminate and illegally terminate.they are quick to get rid of employees as they see fit! I would not recommend to anyone to start there!
Pros
Salary but questionable if the pay was the same as other folks
Cons
everything! management and HR
Productive and fast, fun working environment
Airframe Structures Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 17, 2016
Enjoyable working atmosphere, good working conditions, nice/ clean facilities. Decent coworkers, four day workweeks. On site health care facility, on site gym. Nice lunchrooms, good vendor food. Family feel company.
Pros
Outside Vendor Catered lunches, 4 day workweeks, Uniforms, On site Health Facility, Gym
Cons
High Deductible Healthcare plans
Duncan is a great place to work.
Facilities maintenace lead tech (Former Employee) –  facilitiesOctober 17, 2015
They provide benefits from day one because they believe a healthy and happy employee is a good employee. We had to do stretches before each work shift. They provided uniforms and cold weather gear for people working outside. On holidays they provide the best meals.
Pros
all management including the owner would walk among the workers and have great conversations.
Cons
I wished they would provide us better snow removal equipment.

Want to know more about Duncan Aviation?

Ask a question
overall not a bad company to work for
Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 30, 2015
They are great at helping new employees learn new challenges and train to accomplish new tasks. The pay is on the lower end of the scale considering the amount of stress and demands that day to day operations require
Pros
nice benifits, excellent family atmosphere, team members are willing to train new employees
Cons
The pay is on the lower end for the amount of stress the job can create, advancement is very slow
Job was great.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 26, 2016
I was working there on autopilot units while going to school, and they worked with me and my hours around my school. Great group of people, and good management.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Absolutely love the Industry and this Company!
Interiors Expediter (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 23, 2015
Beautiful facility, Great fitness room with onsite wellness coordinator who runs challenging classes, onsite Medical staff for emergencies and general healthcare appointments.

Quality and Pride of the work performed in this facility are Top Notch! Very exciting to be in any part of this business!
Pros
Very exciting, fast paced and demanding of the best in quality! Great people to work with!
Cons
Games and Players Rule to an Extreme
The Best place to work.
Purchasing Expediter (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 2, 2014
A typical day at Duncan as an Expediter was to keep track of purchases made that would go into the aircraft. You would have to keep in touch with vendors and technicians.

Learned how to manage orders to make sure orders arrived on time.
The times that would orders would not be on time you made sure the technicians knew the changes in the order.

Calling many vendors and unable to find one part that would keep an aircraft on the ground.

Great Industry and great people to work with.
Pros
Cons
Stress but fun.
Repaired, inspected or installed electrical components.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 18, 2014
• Component level diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair to include: Radar indicators, R/T’s, Antennas, Distance metering equipment and Transponders used in private aircraft
• Responsible for reviewing, prioritizing and delegating incoming business for 10 employees
• Review bid proposals for incoming repair work and existing contracts
• Special projects coordinator, supplied advanced technical support for phone and site projects
• Instructor for training and developing new technician trainees
Pros
Alot of different things to work on
Best company I ever worked for.
Upholstery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 27, 2013
If I had a chance to re-join Duncan Aviation I would have no hesitation. The people that worked there were outstanding people that always had a smile and were all very nice. The pay was great and the work was always a learning curve for me since I had no exp. They started me in the maintenance dept. And after a year or two they promoted me to work on aircraft in the interior completions/ upholstery dept. hardest part was learning all the obriviations that come with an aircraft.
Best part was the learning and excellent owners.
Pros
Great pay, nice people, and advancment opportunitys
Cons
I cant remember any
Rewarding and satisfying work environment
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 19, 2012
This is by far, one of the best corporations I have had the privilege of working for. It instills a passionate pursuit of excellence in all of its employees, and this is reflected in the products and services it provides to its customers. They are innovators in efficiency and safety and continue to out perform the competition. They are industry leaders in maintenance and refurbishment of corporate jets and successfully complete tasks that have never been performed in this industry. It is no wonder that OEM's and flight departments alike continue to look to this company for maintenance solutions.
Pros
sound business plan, ethical, great health and wellness.
Productive and great work place
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Indiantown Gap, PAOctober 18, 2013
It all depended what had to be done on the aircraft when it was in for maintenance. The greatest thing that I learned and certified was the build up of propeller for the fixed wing aircraft and how to split the hot section of a PT6 engine. Or management was great if you had a problem they were right on top of it for you and got you and answer as soon as possible. My co-workers were great because there were only 3 of us for two fixed winged aircraft. There was really nothing hard about this job . The greatest thing was going flying with the crew after all the maintenance was done
Pros
Getting to go on the road with the crew
Cons
Busy sometimes hectic but always fun
Lead Document Control Specialist Engineering (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 30, 2013
I work with 29 wonderful Engineers. All different in personality and very caring individuals. I shuffle a lot of design data for the production shops and the FAA. This is the only place I have ever worked that Friday's are more hetic than Monday's.

I love the job I do, because I do it well and I love the people I work with, they make everyday a great day to come into work.
Pros
Flexibility
Benefits
Roll up your sleeves and get busy!
Airframe Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 10, 2014
Duncan aviation is an excellent stepping stone for new A&P mechanics looking to cut their teeth in the aircraft maintenance industry. You will learn more at Duncan in the first few months then you would in years at other similar MROs. They will keep you busy!

Pay is super low but advancement is as quick as you can learn how to turn a wrench well. If you display an ability to manage projects, you can expect to increase you wages by nearly half within the first two years. Advancement is not guaranteed, only earned there.

First class facilities with all the support that you need to accomplish your work objectives. Duncan management really does have their $hi# together. Very impressed with this aspect.
Pros
Professional satisfaction, career advancement
Cons
Low starting wage, heavy workload.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duncan Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9