Duncan Aviation Employee Reviews

Duncan is a great place to work.
Facilities maintenace lead tech (Former Employee) –  facilitiesOctober 17, 2015
They provide benefits from day one because they believe a healthy and happy employee is a good employee. We had to do stretches before each work shift. They provided uniforms and cold weather gear for people working outside. On holidays they provide the best meals.
Pros
all management including the owner would walk among the workers and have great conversations.
Cons
I wished they would provide us better snow removal equipment.
overall not a bad company to work for
Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 30, 2015
They are great at helping new employees learn new challenges and train to accomplish new tasks. The pay is on the lower end of the scale considering the amount of stress and demands that day to day operations require
Pros
nice benifits, excellent family atmosphere, team members are willing to train new employees
Cons
The pay is on the lower end for the amount of stress the job can create, advancement is very slow
N/a
Parts and Rotable Salesman (Current Employee) –  Lincoln NE.August 15, 2015
N/A Duncan is an okay employer that has it moments, some times they listen to employees sometime they do not.

Pay is a little below country wide
Absolutely love the Industry and this Company!
Interiors Expediter (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 23, 2015
Beautiful facility, Great fitness room with onsite wellness coordinator who runs challenging classes, onsite Medical staff for emergencies and general healthcare appointments.

Quality and Pride of the work performed in this facility are Top Notch! Very exciting to be in any part of this business!
Pros
Very exciting, fast paced and demanding of the best in quality! Great people to work with!
Cons
Games and Players Rule to an Extreme
Wonderful place to work!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 12, 2015
This is the best company I have ever worked for. It has been a family-owned business for almost 60 years. The Senior Team is made up of truly wonderful people who care deeply about the company, but even more about the team members who make up the company.
Fun work place.
Flight Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 7, 2015
This is a very employee-friendly work environment. The company cares about it's employees and looks to hire within as much as possible.
The Best place to work.
Purchasing Expediter (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 2, 2014
A typical day at Duncan as an Expediter was to keep track of purchases made that would go into the aircraft. You would have to keep in touch with vendors and technicians.

Learned how to manage orders to make sure orders arrived on time.
The times that would orders would not be on time you made sure the technicians knew the changes in the order.

Calling many vendors and unable to find one part that would keep an aircraft on the ground.

Great Industry and great people to work with.
Pros
everything
Cons
stress but fun.
Engaged all enterprise levels, urgent response, frequent customer contact, organized heavily technical maintenance shop environment
Lead Jet Airframe Mechanic III/QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 20, 2014
Prior experience encompasses over 20 years in General Aviation. Phase maintenance experience comprised of progressive inspections, heavy repairs, and an operations/customer service background collaborating with multiple departments, management, and owner/operators. During which I acquired 8 years supervisory experience as a Lead Technician III, and 12 years as a return to service Quality assurance inspector; I possess an overall commitment to safety, quality, customer service, and training integration. I am skilled with tooling and test equipment, research, publications, and regulatory compliance. Collectively I am adept in coordinated efforts of FAA regulation, Company policy, and OEM engineering essential to facilitate FAA approved aircraft repair.
Pros
professional customer engagement, change management friendly, industry leader
Cons
frequent extraodinary measures for product delivery, long hours, distance from home.
Repaired, inspected or installed electrical components.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 18, 2014
• Component level diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair to include: Radar indicators, R/T’s, Antennas, Distance metering equipment and Transponders used in private aircraft
• Responsible for reviewing, prioritizing and delegating incoming business for 10 employees
• Review bid proposals for incoming repair work and existing contracts
• Special projects coordinator, supplied advanced technical support for phone and site projects
• Instructor for training and developing new technician trainees
Pros
alot of different things to work on
Everyday is a new challenge
Line maintenance technician Duties are (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 3, 2014
At duncan aviation I feel appreciated for the work that I do, and they have relocated me to be closer to family Im very grateful to work for such a great company.
Pros
time off
Cons
pay is low
Roll up your sleeves and get busy!
Airframe Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 10, 2014
Duncan aviation is an excellent stepping stone for new A&P mechanics looking to cut their teeth in the aircraft maintenance industry. You will learn more at Duncan in the first few months then you would in years at other similar MROs. They will keep you busy!

Pay is super low but advancement is as quick as you can learn how to turn a wrench well. If you display an ability to manage projects, you can expect to increase you wages by nearly half within the first two years. Advancement is not guaranteed, only earned there.

First class facilities with all the support that you need to accomplish your work objectives. Duncan management really does have their $hi# together. Very impressed with this aspect.
Pros
professional satisfaction, career advancement
Cons
low starting wage, heavy workload.
Interior Completions Specialist, Tech 3, Coach (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 9, 2014
Fun place to work, with a family oriented environment. Complete with catered lunch form local venders and fitness room for employees and family members.
Fast Pace Work Environment, Clean, and Friendly People
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 18, 2014
I learned a lot about working on the airframe side of Jets. I worked with a team of 14 people.
Facilities Maintenance Intern
Facility Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 5, 2014
Assist groundskeepers, electricians, other maintenance staff. Tasks include mowing and maintaining grounds, building fences, cleaning off the runways, painting office rooms and equipment.
Bad work environment with managers who did not know what they were doing.
Warehouse Specialist (full-time) (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 9, 2014
Don't believe the lies and defiantly don't get job there. The management have no formal training in management. It makes for an horrible environment.
Pros
get to see cool jet airplains
Cons
horrible management
Best company I ever worked for.
Upholstery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 27, 2013
If I had a chance to re-join Duncan Aviation I would have no hesitation. The people that worked there were outstanding people that always had a smile and were all very nice. The pay was great and the work was always a learning curve for me since I had no exp. They started me in the maintenance dept. And after a year or two they promoted me to work on aircraft in the interior completions/ upholstery dept. hardest part was learning all the obriviations that come with an aircraft.
Best part was the learning and excellent owners.
Pros
great pay, nice people, and advancment opportunitys
Cons
i cant remember any
Good work enviroment
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTNovember 12, 2013
Working on an off-site govt contract gave me the opertunites that I would not have gotten anywhere else.
Productive and great work place
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Indiantown Gap, PAOctober 18, 2013
It all depended what had to be done on the aircraft when it was in for maintenance. The greatest thing that I learned and certified was the build up of propeller for the fixed wing aircraft and how to split the hot section of a PT6 engine. Or management was great if you had a problem they were right on top of it for you and got you and answer as soon as possible. My co-workers were great because there were only 3 of us for two fixed winged aircraft. There was really nothing hard about this job . The greatest thing was going flying with the crew after all the maintenance was done
Pros
getting to go on the road with the crew
Productive workplace with friendly co-workers and management
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 4, 2013
On a daily basis, I was responsible for the general cleaning of the area known as "D-South." I learned how the management wanted cleaning handled, and how to clean around objects (in this case, airplanes) without damaging them. My co-workers and management were fantastic, they were willing to work with me for as long as was needed to get a firm grasp of the job requirements. The hardest part of the job was maintaining the cleanliness of your area, and at the same time assisting with the cleaning of your co-worker's areas. Some areas required more cleaning than others, and often assistance was needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co-workers while assisting in cleaning their or your area. It was easy to stay on task while socializing with a co-worker.
good place to work
Painter 3 (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 26, 2013
overall a good place to work nice people, plenty of overtime available and good benefits