Duncan Aviation

Duncan Aviation Employer Reviews

Everyday is a new challenge
Line maintenance technician Duties are (Current Employee), Provo, UTSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: time off
Cons: pay is low
At duncan aviation I feel appreciated for the work that I do, and they have relocated me to be closer to family Im very grateful to work for such a great company.
Roll up your sleeves and get busy!
Airframe Mechanic (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 10, 2014
Pros: professional satisfaction, career advancement
Cons: low starting wage, heavy workload.
Duncan aviation is an excellent stepping stone for new A&P mechanics looking to cut their teeth in the aircraft maintenance industry. You will learn more at Duncan in the first few months then you would in years at other similar MROs. They will keep you busy!

Pay is super low but advancement is as quick as you can learn how to turn a wrench well. If – more... you display an ability to manage projects, you can expect to increase you wages by nearly half within the first two years. Advancement is not guaranteed, only earned there.

First class facilities with all the support that you need to accomplish your work objectives. Duncan management really does have their $hi# together. Very impressed with this aspect. – less
Interior Completions Specialist, Tech 3, Coach (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJuly 9, 2014
Fun place to work, with a family oriented environment. Complete with catered lunch form local venders and fitness room for employees and family members.
Fast Pace Work Environment, Clean, and Friendly People
Internship (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 18, 2014
I learned a lot about working on the airframe side of Jets. I worked with a team of 14 people.
Facilities Maintenance Intern
Facility Maintenance Intern (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 5, 2014
Assist groundskeepers, electricians, other maintenance staff. Tasks include mowing and maintaining grounds, building fences, cleaning off the runways, painting office rooms and equipment.
Bad work environment with managers who did not know what they were doing.
Warehouse Specialist (full-time) (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: get to see cool jet airplains
Cons: horrible management
Don't believe the lies and defiantly don't get job there. The management have no formal training in management. It makes for an horrible environment.
Best company I ever worked for.
Upholstery Specialist (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEDecember 27, 2013
Pros: great pay, nice people, and advancment opportunitys
Cons: i cant remember any
If I had a chance to re-join Duncan Aviation I would have no hesitation. The people that worked there were outstanding people that always had a smile and were all very nice. The pay was great and the work was always a learning curve for me since I had no exp. They started me in the maintenance dept. And after a year or two they promoted me to work on – more... aircraft in the interior completions/ upholstery dept. hardest part was learning all the obriviations that come with an aircraft.
Best part was the learning and excellent owners. – less
Good work enviroment
Site Manager (Former Employee), Windsor Locks, CTNovember 12, 2013
Working on an off-site govt contract gave me the opertunites that I would not have gotten anywhere else.
Productive and great work place
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Indiantown Gap, PAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: getting to go on the road with the crew
It all depended what had to be done on the aircraft when it was in for maintenance. The greatest thing that I learned and certified was the build up of propeller for the fixed wing aircraft and how to split the hot section of a PT6 engine. Or management was great if you had a problem they were right on top of it for you and got you and answer as soon – more... as possible. My co-workers were great because there were only 3 of us for two fixed winged aircraft. There was really nothing hard about this job . The greatest thing was going flying with the crew after all the maintenance was done – less
Productive workplace with friendly co-workers and management
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 4, 2013
On a daily basis, I was responsible for the general cleaning of the area known as "D-South." I learned how the management wanted cleaning handled, and how to clean around objects (in this case, airplanes) without damaging them. My co-workers and management were fantastic, they were willing to work with me for as long as was needed to get a firm grasp – more... of the job requirements. The hardest part of the job was maintaining the cleanliness of your area, and at the same time assisting with the cleaning of your co-worker's areas. Some areas required more cleaning than others, and often assistance was needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co-workers while assisting in cleaning their or your area. It was easy to stay on task while socializing with a co-worker. – less
good place to work
Painter 3 (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEAugust 26, 2013
overall a good place to work nice people, plenty of overtime available and good benefits
Good environment
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 16, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: personal situations vary
Helpful employees and management. Very interested in your success.
Stressfull, political
Project Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 5, 2013
Pros: working with owners/operators
Cons: very stressful work environment
Stressful daily work environment. Maintenance and repairs on exclusive machines was a plus. Dealing directly with aircraft owners/operators was a plus most of the time. Customer satisfaction and the end of the project was a bonus beyond expectations.
Busy sometimes hectic but always fun
Lead Document Control Specialist Engineering (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIMay 30, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: benefits
I work with 29 wonderful Engineers. All different in personality and very caring individuals. I shuffle a lot of design data for the production shops and the FAA. This is the only place I have ever worked that Friday's are more hetic than Monday's.

I love the job I do, because I do it well and I love the people I work with, they make everyday a great – more... day to come into work. – less
Great people to work with
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Lincoln, NENovember 6, 2012
Pros: the sporting tournaments were great
Cons: team leader did not know what he was doing
Sold parts to mostly Duncan employees they were a great group to work for and I loved the hours M-Thurs 1-1130.
Good intermediate position
Warehouse Tech (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MINovember 4, 2012
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: management in other departments were disrespectful to junior employees.
This job would be good for someone right out of high school that did not have any other training. With my credentials and back ground, this job was not stimulating enough and did not pay the amount of money that I was seeking for.
Rewarding and satisfying work environment
Scheduler (Current Employee), MichiganFebruary 19, 2012
Pros: sound business plan, ethical, great health and wellness.
This is by far, one of the best corporations I have had the privilege of working for. It instills a passionate pursuit of excellence in all of its employees, and this is reflected in the products and services it provides to its customers. They are innovators in efficiency and safety and continue to out perform the competition. They are industry leaders – more... in maintenance and refurbishment of corporate jets and successfully complete tasks that have never been performed in this industry. It is no wonder that OEM's and flight departments alike continue to look to this company for maintenance solutions. – less

About Duncan Aviation

Business aircraft run on Duncan Aviation services, plain and simple. Founded in 1956 as a distributorship for Beechcraft airplanes, – Read more