Duncan Regional Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

enjoyed working
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKDecember 20, 2015
Learned a lot. Never left in one spot. If asked Do you like this area? Then you were moved if you said yes. Worked hard little pay
Pros
customeers friendly
Cons
not enough pay
Great Job
SURGERY SUPPLY COORDINATOR/CENTRAL STERILE TECH (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKSeptember 26, 2015
People very friendly creates a fun and enjoyable workplace, Lots of good mentors and exceptional learning experiences.
Productive Workplace
Financial Counselor / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Duncan Oklahoma 73533February 3, 2015
While working at Duncan Regional I learned many things to help me further my position at Duncan Regional. What I loved most was learning how to look up insurances for patients and learning how to financial counsel patients. The hardest part of my job was having to leave my wonderful co-workers.
Fun, professional, and always interesting
Phlebotomist/Lab Clerk (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKNovember 4, 2013
The shift started at five a.m with alot to do, I collected blood samples per doctors orders on floors then opened and ran the out patient lab for the remainder of the shift. I learned how to relate and be reasonable with patients that might be extremely nervous. I learned how to perform venipuncture without causing pain. I enjoyed the patients, alot of them were recurring therefore we were on a first name basis. I learned how to host and thoroughly explain procedures and how things worked. I learned how to triple check. I'd say the hardest part of the job was the time of the shift. I loved the job and everyone I worked with.
Was a great place to work.
Registered Nurse, CRU Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OkNovember 11, 2014
I have great co-workers and enjoyed my job very much. It was hard being a charge nurse because I was a new nurse at the time. Everyone worked together very well and I would send any of my family there. The Doctors are great to work for as well.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
i do not know any.
Very Productive workforce
Baker (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKSeptember 25, 2012
very educational place to work at, I learned how to ice and decorate cakes.All the other coking was basic for i know that from home training, Management was easy to talk with and helpful. Has some gppd co-workers and some that just did not car.I enjoyed my job as a whole
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
two much work for one person on a daily basis
Family like enviroment
Education/Diabetes Secretary (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OKAugust 22, 2012
I love Duncan Regional Hospital it has been my 1st home for 4 years. I love my co-workers, visiting with patients and hearing feedback from them.
Pros
use your badge for different things money wise, pdo's, family like enviroment
Cons
not enough pay for the workload, unless you have a degree...certification doesn't count.
Productive enviornment, very social co-workers and able to work together
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OKApril 29, 2014
I really enjoyed working with this company. The enviornment was always welcoming, co-workers where always willing to help or assist in whatever you needed.
Pros
being able to use pto's 3 months accumilated since the day of hire.
Cons
64 hours was considered full-time
I enjoyed working with fellow cafeteria workers
Cafeteria worker (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKApril 1, 2014
I enjoyed working with fellow workers. I however did not enjoy some of management attitude towards people working underneath them. Like piling on employees work so they didn't have to do anything themselves.
Pros
enjoyed fellow cafeteria workers
Cons
management needed to help more
Great place to work!
House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OKNovember 12, 2014
We have a very nice facility and very good working conditions, with good equipment to work with. Enjoy working at Duncan very much. Teamwork is emphasized.
Pros
supportive administrative staff
Cons
insurance package
Nice facility and fun co-workers
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OKMay 18, 2014
Opportunity to work in variety of healthcare settings: Acute care, SNF, Rehab and Outpatient settings. Smaller facility within a small community. Ability to communicate with all levels of management a plus. Therapy services low man on totem pole often
Good Place to Work But Poor, Deceptive Management
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKJune 17, 2012
This is a good place to work as most people are very cultured and friendly. However, my manager was very deceptive and unfair. I really felt that he did not value my professionalism.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
deceptive manager
Kind co-workers and management.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKAugust 23, 2012
A typical day involved assessments and medication administration. It was busy, but not so busy that the job was impossible. Co-workers were kind and willing to help. There were ample opportunities for learning new skills.
Job was very rewarding
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKSeptember 14, 2013
Learned to appreciate life. Management could use some improvement but overall very supportive. Co-workers were awesome and worked as a team. Getting to put a smile on the patients faces.
phlebotomist
Phlebotomist/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKFebruary 25, 2013
if you dont mind needles than this job is for you.. i loved drawing peoples blood and helping them from a day to day basis..
Great Place
CNA/ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKSeptember 25, 2012
Working there educated me about a lot of medical items i did not know

4.3