Dungarvin Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 20, 2017
I am a current employee that has advanced through the company from DSP to Program Director. This work can be challenging however, very rewarding. Like all jobs there is good and bad, however the good outweighs the bad. We have paid training, mileage reimbursement, and flexible scheduling.
na
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 16, 2017
wouldn't work here. management is awful, culture is awful. worst job. do not expect managers to back you up. very high turnover for this company
Work is life
Community Support Provider (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJanuary 15, 2017
You can do the bare minimum and still be mandated no matter what your life situation is like. Was living single and they took full advantage. Was able to pick up shifts but once I started showing actual intiative and working hard they had me going to group homes all over the area, even if it was a 40 minute drive to pass medications for five minutes at 6 am. Was willing to do it, and did it atleast once a week. Worked atleast 50 hours a week, and was stuck by myself for 32 hours with three consumers when the state mandated ratio is 3 to 1. Was willing to do anything for the company and did, but when my apartment complex caught on fire and I called the supervisor instead of asking, "Are you okay? Can we do anything to help?" they asked, "Can you find coverage?" So I quit on the spot.
interstig place to work.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 4, 2017
Unfortunately the training for any job other than DSP is lacking. You are just thrown into the job and figure it out as you go. There is minimal amount of teamwork.
Adequate Care home
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 17, 2016
Working at this company was very difficult. Management was very unorganized and borderline dysfunctional. They only have one or two people working in each position of management and weren't able to communicate with each other effectively. On top of this they usually didn't know very important things such as when meetings are held. It was up to each dsp to ensure that things were working well that were explicitly stated to be the job duties of upper management.
The house I worked at however, was great. They were very good to the consumers and did a good job preparing you for your job duties. I've done caregiving for a long time now and this was a refreshing position to be in, despite the poor management.
great
Program Counselor (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 15, 2016
I work for Dungarvin for two year and loved it. Had to leave due to relocation but it's a great company to work. Really appreciated the time I had with them
Home Health Care
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Portage, IN 46368November 17, 2016
It's always great to help people. The clients are cool. Many of the coworkers suck though. It's a very "dog-eat-dog" type of setup because everyone either wants more hours or wants to preserve his/her position. I was told the wrong things to do deliberately, not informed at all, or wrongfully blamed for things pertaining to clients.
Woring here gave me purpose
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Grants, NMNovember 13, 2016
Taking care of individuals with special needs gave me purpose in my work place, this type of work is my calling because I care for these people and wanted to help them and care for them to make their daily lives meaningful and fulfilled..
Pros
Family Environment
Cons
Company offered opportunities to assist individuals in their homes
Community Support Provider (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WIOctober 16, 2016
I worked one on one with a client who was hysterical. The client had a wonderful sense of humor, independence and courage. Every day was different as client was very active and enjoyed spending time in community. I guess i learned to go with the flow.
I enjoy working at Dungarin, learn new things
DSP (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 14, 2016
I enjoy working for Dungarin, but the management I feel could be better. I love my house manager though, she's awesome. The hardest part of my job is trying to understand a client that having a hard time speaking and not understanding certain documentation. The most exciting part of my job is Inneracting with the clients, talking with them, taking them on outings, playing games, just doing activities with them. I have a great relationship with my clients, they are so loving and Caring!
Worked for Dungarvin 8 months....8 months too long!
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WISeptember 10, 2016
Worst job I've ever had. Terrible management. Loved the clients. Feel sorry for the clients and their families! Terrible pay and never enough help. Don't place your family members with Dungarvin!
Pros
Cons
Too many to text!€
Very diverse
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for dungarvin. They promote within the company. Always room for growth
Supervisors are very understanding to one's needs.
Pros
Friendly enviorment
Mentally Unhealthy Work Environment
Business Office (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNAugust 4, 2016
I will start by saying that I worked in the business office for Dungarvin in MN. I will NEVER recommend to anyone to apply here. The higher ups in the company are so disconnected with what is going on in the office and the homes that they direct. Because of the poor working conditions, lack of different positions available, extremely high and dangerous behaviors of residents and high turn over they look at their support staff as numbers. While I enjoyed all the people I worked directly with, anyone in a supervisory position or above was untouchable. Leaving or coming in late on a regular basis. Taking long personal lunches.They have no respect for the employees under them. While working there, I was refused a headset, I spent 7.5/8 hours a day on the phone. You cannot begin to imagine the amount of back and neck pain/issues I still have over a year after leaving. When attempting to file workers comp to receive compensation for the chiropractic/doctors bills, it was turned down EVERY time.The home supervisors will belittle and berate you, to your face and behind your back. I can promise, on a daily basis, you will be made to feel worthless, you will be yelled at for something and you will lose sleep over your job. If you plan on working for this company, remember to watch your own back. No one in this company is looking out for you.
Cons
Unattainable Goal Requirements, Unsafe Homes, Violent People Served and Rude/Unruly Directors/Higher Ups
Former Employee
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2016
When I first started working for this company, I thought it was a good company to work for. I talked to a couple of my coworkers, and the expressed to me that there is a high turnover rate. I soon found out for myself that that was the case. Most of the girls I worked with where lazy, including the house manager. The house manager and the other employees in the house would show favoritism to some of the residents and talk ruthless and slightly put off the other residents in the house. They never took the girls out in the community to do their own thing, unless it was grocery shopping or one of the other houses in the company was having a party. The house manager was very lazy and did not help out with anything, All she would do is eat all day and give orders. If it was only her and another employee working, she still would not help. She would put off the shower of the one of the clients until the next day, because she didn't feel like it was her job to give the individual a bath. I only worked at one house, so I'm not speaking on all the other houses in the company.
Pros
You get an insight on people with mental and physical disabilities
Cons
Lazy Staff, Poor Management, Low pay, stressful work environment
Stay the eff away
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Mendoza Heights, MNJune 30, 2016
I loved my job! When I first started, I would not have told you to run the other direction. It wasn't until we got a new director that things began to change. When he came here expecting so much to be done in such a short time, we lost the best program manager (PM) we could have ever had. She was simply amazing and was the most understanding person. Now, we have a new OPD (the position has been renamed and restructured since), who has no experience and sucks at her job. I will tell you now, RUN! The turn over in this company is ridiculous, the age SUCKS and benefits not any better. Some staff are good, but most are lazy and good for nothing. After, I believe, 11 years of employment you no longer get a raise unless you are promoted. This place sucks! The supervisors and directors and so on do not care about the consumers or the staff. They just want things done a certain way. You'll be worked like a dog. I was working 6 days a week (meaning one 4 days off a month) for a year working well over 50 hours a week. It is not worth it! The money is great, but getting burnt out and not having a balance between work and personal life is not worth it!!! Stay away from this company!!!
Pros
Meeting great people, having a rewarding career
Cons
Everything else
Very poor management
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 27, 2016
The Farmington office of this company does not represent the company well at all!! From the Director to the hiring/training manager, are all very rude and VERY unprofessional! People are hired and placed in homes with very little training and alot of the times, are not even informed of what to except. Therefore , people new to this field quit the 1st day placed in "the assigned home" leaving that home short handed ...again ... And overwork the staff. A lot of this can be avoided during the interviewing process.

I worked with this company for 3 months. I have worked in this field before and really enjoy it.

The residential coordinator ( house lead) of the home I was assigned to needs to be replaced! She talks very harshly to the clients and poorly to the staff. The home was always running out of necessary items and not replace for weeks. The staff and RC did very little to keep the home clean. The homes need to be monitored better by the program directors

This company has alot to offer the comunittee and the people it assists. Unfortunately, the people in the "office" do not do this company justice.
Pros
Meeting amazing people you assist.
Cons
Very disorganized and lack of Communication
Employment With Dungarvin
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 23, 2016
While working with Dungarvin I was a Certified Support Professional, it was a great experience where I learned my skills to become a Manager for residential facilities. It was a good experience and I am grateful for the experiences and skills I received while working for them.
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2016
This company was my first company ever working with special needs individuals. I was over ecstatic and I enjoyed coming to work everyday even on call and on my off days. I really enjoyed my clients and the other staff members.
Pros
lunch breaks were paid, weekends off unless called in for ot
good
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 15, 2016
over all ok working individuals were nice staff not so much but over all i got a lot of experience here first 3 months they give u all the training you will need for the house you are going to work for as well as first aid and cpr company required nurse train.
Worked there and it's the worst place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  NJJune 15, 2016
Would not recommend to anyone looking for a job, management is horrible and they fire at the slightest excuse even for not showing up at training they never told you existed or you're scheduled for. They'd fire you for getting a traffic ticket, the management are so unprofessional and untrained to do the job, client's being abused with no food in the house to feed them,had to use personal money to buy them food sometimes.Terrible work environment. Bad,bad experience trust me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dungarvin. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8