Dungarvin Employee Reviews

Worst job ever
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Flora, INAugust 17, 2017
They do not tell you how bad the clients really are. Co-workers constantly text you on your days off. Never properly disciplined clients. Staff never had much support from management. It is just awful. Stay away not worth it.
Pros
Free meals. Pay was decent.
Cons
So much.
Working with high functioning vulnerable adults
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 16, 2017
Good to work if you have patience, passion and kindness. Management is on site and very supportive. cooking, cleaning, med administering, etc are part of everyday job duties.1
Love the clients
Lead Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 11, 2017
Job duties are great and so are the clients. This company does not actively encourage the clients in outdoor activities. The clients sit inside in the common area and watch tv all day.
Worst job I've ever had!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNAugust 10, 2017
I worked as a case manager. Poor training and support, unrealistic caseloads. Upper management was unsupportive, unrealistic and intimidating. Forced to work well over 40 hours per week, but paid salary based on 40 hours. Clients frequently neglected due to staff shortages and extremely high case loads. Nearly entire case management staff quit during my short time with Dungarvin. Most stressful job I've ever had!
Pros
Cons
Long hours with no pay, feeling depressed because clients cannot be properly cared for due to impossibly high case loads, Upper management intimidating and unsupportive, Efficiency rates are unrealistic and higher than state recommends.
Madison, WI
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 8, 2017
Felt appreciated, loved my job and clients. I had to leave to relocate.There were many hours to pick up which helps one financially. Training is available to those who do not have any experience. Office staff are very polite.I helped support people in the community and in their homes.
enjoyable workplace
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Portage, INAugust 8, 2017
a typical day at work would be to see others smile from knowing they can achieve something. Helping others to become more self sufficient and having a meaningful day
Pros
helping others
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Grants, NMAugust 5, 2017
Its a good job, but it would help if the pay was a little more. Its a little above minimum wage when you start but pay increase after a couple months. But for all the work and stress, the pay should be a bit higher. If it was increased I would've stayed here. The benefits provided are great. The job itself is hard sometimes, but just be patient with the individuals and redirect them. If your very crafty and love going out to places then it should be very easy for you. The individuals go out in the community, they go to many events and places that I've never been. Also teaching them life skills, giving them verbal cues and reminders is what you'll do everyday. They'll train you on everything and that's a little stressful. All the information given is overwhelming the first month but you'll get through it. It was fun and the individuals are great to work with.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, mileage reimbursement, overtime is sometimes good
Cons
Covering for co workers not showing up or calling in.
Challenging, yet rewarding job
Caregiver/Provider (Current Employee) –  Portage, INAugust 3, 2017
I have learned to be patient and know that all individuals are different and unique. They are thankful even when you make them their meals or give them their medication
Loving place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Portage, INAugust 2, 2017
Its a good place to work. The people are nice and there are a lot of communications with each other. There a lot of possibilities working with dungarvin moving up in the company
no guarantees
Crisis Stabilization Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 28, 2017
Your hours aren't guaranteed.
You may not get relieved from your shift.
You may be forced to travel for months at a time in order to get the hours you need.
You will not be respected or treated like a valuable part of the team.
Management is not helpful; the only time you'll hear from them is if they need something from you.
Clients can be neglected or mistreated, and it doesn't matter to management.
Many things are pushed under the rug (Such as medication errors).
This is not a place to work for those who truly care for their clients.

Pay for this kind of work is really nice, but not worth it.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Official response from Dungarvin
August 18, 2017

We appreciate your feedback as it is our desire that Dungarvin is a great place to work. Your experience with the company raises several concerns. The safety and well-being of the people we support is of the utmost importance and we do not tolerate mistreatment of any kind. We have many employees who have dedicated their careers to ensuring quality care. I urge you to contact our HR department to communicate the issues you are identifying so we can address them.

decent place to work
Caregiver/ CNA (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2017
its a pretty laid back place to work. they have various houses you can work in throughout Milwaukee. most off the staff and management are pretty cool and laid back and ease to work around. They have a high turn over rated and you can pick up so many hours.
Nice place to work but unfortunately doesn't pay enough
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 4, 2017
I loved what I did but unfortunately doesn't pay enough money. I learned a lot from this company and would have stayed longer but unfortunately I wasn't able to support myself on wages.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Low wages
In a tweet-"terrible, bad, sad"
CSP-High Acuity Programs (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJune 20, 2017
The pros. It's a paycheck.
The cons. Benefits are non-existent. No paid holidays, sick days and VERY limited vacation days. It is a "Let's Make a Deal" company. If you want time off or need time off on a scheduled day you WILL need to beg, borrow and make deals with other staff to get it done! You WILL work unwanted overtime and be stuck doing double shifts if the relieving staff does not show up or calls in. Management style is a hear no evil, see no evil and speak no evil company. They do NOT care what staff does while they are working. They do Not want to hear it. You WILL need to turn your back on some incredibly crazy and inappropriate behaviors by other staff. Management only cares that the shifts are covered. New staff are under trained just to get a "warm body" on the floor. Unfortunately, that can put other staff in a dangerous situation when you are working with high behavioral clients. This company's turn-over is incredible and they do not care about retaining people who genuinely care about taking the job seriously.
So, in a nutshell. If you are a person of character, strong work ethics and morals do NOT think for a moment that you need money this badly! It will burn you out and drag you down!
Pros
Paychecks
Cons
Unprofessional staff, management and workplace
great people, great staff
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sartell, MNJune 16, 2017
my review is based on being a house manager and not having the support from the program director I needed. It was extremely hard to get a hold of the PD and when I would have to make a decision involving a resident the PD would get mad and ask why she wasn't contacted, even though I called, texted, emailed, etc. and had no response from her. Because of the cares needed at the house it should have not been a single staffed house but when brought up they would blow it off, eventually I got worked into the ground and ended up quitting.
Pros
meals paid
Cons
non existant PD and others not listening to the needs of the house.
Its an okay place to work.
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pauls Valley, OKJune 9, 2017
The pay sucks. The training is useless, they need someone new who actually wants to be there. LaGatha is nice but you can tell she hates her job. Half the information you receive in training isn't true. They should have the trainer actually work in a home before training people.

The office management don't care about ANYONE who works in the field. They don't care about the individuals at all. I swear someone could get killed and that employee would still work here.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Pay
Worst company I ever worked for
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 8, 2017
Horrible unprofessional management that treat staff like they are brainless and have no value. Write ups for ridiculous things. Promote only those who are willing to treat staff in the same manner as upper management does which is like the dirt under your shoes. Under staffed all the time. Very high school cliquish type atmosphere management against the staff members. Low pay terrible benefits. Run fast
Pros
Cons
Unprofesional Management
Poorly run
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORMay 27, 2017
I worked at Ashley house in Oregon City. Six times, when I showed up ready to work at my scheduled time, I was told they didn't need me that day. Employees are supposed to be switched over to a 'phone in' timekeeping system after two weeks, they didn't do so, with the result I ended up working April 9 2017 without pay. Whenever the supervisor worked a shift, she was invariably 1/2 to several hours late, and you're stuck there until she shows up. For any questions you're supposed to call your supervisor, sometimes she'll return the call, sometimes not. I quit after 4 weeks.
The best parts of the job were the residents, and my coworkers, whom I consider saints for doing all they do on minimum wage. Dungarvin seems to have serious management problems.
Pros
residents
Cons
how it's managed
Not a great job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 26, 2017
Difficult work, low pay, long hours. The behavior house that I was assigned to was dangerous with non-stop violent episodes from the clients. Property destruction and personal attacks to be expected rather than "possible"
Pros
some nice coworkers
Cons
I was unprepared for what awaited me at the behavior house
Day Program
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 19, 2017
provide transportation to and from day program, outings, crafts, activities, and meals for adults with severe disabilities, using lifts, personal care, hand over hand guidance.
Management Needs Help
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 16, 2017
In the two years that I worked here we had gone through 3 different supervisors. With all the change in management it was hard to keep up with the different changes. Often times scheduling was an issue and I would have to stay late because the person that was supposed to relieve me did not show up. They hire a lot of cruddy workers because they are so desperate for help.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Pay is no good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dungarvin. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9