Dungarvin Employee Reviews

Run away!
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTDecember 28, 2015
The senior director at the Rockyhill location is a cold woman. There is no proper training and when staff or administration makes a mistake, you will be retrained with a disciplinary write up. Everyone gets terminated with any little mistake. This is a for profit organization and that's all that is cared about. THE PROFIT!! So many good people have left or been fired due to the Senior Director. Do not apply to this company. You will regret it.
Pros
Fast advancement
Cons
Senior director, disciplinary write up all the time, unprofessional, unorganized, for profit, no leadership and poor communication
Too many individuals, not enough staff
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 9, 2016
Loved the individuals we cared for, but management cared more about filling rooms than hiring qualified staff--instead they expected other staff to cover all the needed hours--even at the expense of those staff members.

I was fired due to a med error because I was expected to work numerous back to back shifts (1st, 2nd, & 3rd) plus three day weekends with overnights with only an hour or two off between shifts. This went on for almost 3 months. Even after expressing concerns about the fact that I was beyond exhausted and needed someone to come in and give meds, no one would (including my supervisor). I made a mistake and got fired for it.
Pros
Individuals, helping others
Cons
Management, staff
Management Cares more about filling shifts than well being of employees
DSP (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 24, 2016
Clients are great. Management has double standards. Employees are over worked and under paid. Employees would work months with no days off while management took several hunting trips throughout year.
Pros
Clients are awesome!
Cons
They don't care whether or not you see your family, if yo are burned out, Good staff pick up the slack of bad staff.
Former Employee
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2016
When I first started working for this company, I thought it was a good company to work for. I talked to a couple of my coworkers, and the expressed to me that there is a high turnover rate. I soon found out for myself that that was the case. Most of the girls I worked with where lazy, including the house manager. The house manager and the other employees in the house would show favoritism to some of the residents and talk ruthless and slightly put off the other residents in the house. They never took the girls out in the community to do their own thing, unless it was grocery shopping or one of the other houses in the company was having a party. The house manager was very lazy and did not help out with anything, All she would do is eat all day and give orders. If it was only her and another employee working, she still would not help. She would put off the shower of the one of the clients until the next day, because she didn't feel like it was her job to give the individual a bath. I only worked at one house, so I'm not speaking on all the other houses in the company.
Pros
You get an insight on people with mental and physical disabilities
Cons
Lazy Staff, Poor Management, Low pay, stressful work environment
Worked there and it's the worst place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  NJJune 15, 2016
Would not recommend to anyone looking for a job, management is horrible and they fire at the slightest excuse even for not showing up at training they never told you existed or you're scheduled for. They'd fire you for getting a traffic ticket, the management are so unprofessional and untrained to do the job, client's being abused with no food in the house to feed them,had to use personal money to buy them food sometimes.Terrible work environment. Bad,bad experience trust me.
Very poor management
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 27, 2016
The Farmington office of this company does not represent the company well at all!! From the Director to the hiring/training manager, are all very rude and VERY unprofessional! People are hired and placed in homes with very little training and alot of the times, are not even informed of what to except. Therefore , people new to this field quit the 1st day placed in "the assigned home" leaving that home short handed ...again ... And overwork the staff. A lot of this can be avoided during the interviewing process.

I worked with this company for 3 months. I have worked in this field before and really enjoy it.

The residential coordinator ( house lead) of the home I was assigned to needs to be replaced! She talks very harshly to the clients and poorly to the staff. The home was always running out of necessary items and not replace for weeks. The staff and RC did very little to keep the home clean. The homes need to be monitored better by the program directors

This company has alot to offer the comunittee and the people it assists. Unfortunately, the people in the "office" do not do this company justice.
Pros
Meeting amazing people you assist.
Cons
Very disorganized and lack of Communication
Stay the eff away
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Mendoza Heights, MNJune 30, 2016
I loved my job! When I first started, I would not have told you to run the other direction. It wasn't until we got a new director that things began to change. When he came here expecting so much to be done in such a short time, we lost the best program manager (PM) we could have ever had. She was simply amazing and was the most understanding person. Now, we have a new OPD (the position has been renamed and restructured since), who has no experience and sucks at her job. I will tell you now, RUN! The turn over in this company is ridiculous, the age SUCKS and benefits not any better. Some staff are good, but most are lazy and good for nothing. After, I believe, 11 years of employment you no longer get a raise unless you are promoted. This place sucks! The supervisors and directors and so on do not care about the consumers or the staff. They just want things done a certain way. You'll be worked like a dog. I was working 6 days a week (meaning one 4 days off a month) for a year working well over 50 hours a week. It is not worth it! The money is great, but getting burnt out and not having a balance between work and personal life is not worth it!!! Stay away from this company!!!
Pros
Meeting great people, having a rewarding career
Cons
Everything else
Poor Managment
DSP (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 21, 2015
The office staff is lazy and rude. Unless you are a favorite of the ED, you will not get anywhere with the company. This company needs to be shut down. They take clients from other agencies. The PD's don't care about their staff. We have to lie to people, saying they have been at a location when they really aren't. The training lady is rude, and hateful. If you ask about training you are expired in, she just says talk to your boss.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Pay, benefits, management
Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental
Assist clients (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 10, 2016
Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepses standards and procedures; maintaining security precautions; following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards; Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities. Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements. Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Challenging
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 29, 2016
Dungarvin was a high stress job. Taking care of disabled patients is challenging in rewarding ways but for some it can take a toll mentally. I loved to work with clients daily, teaching them, reaching new goals, being active. I did not enjoy the management within the last year there. There was a lot of gossip and drama that circulated that job. It became hostile to work in.

Want to know more about Dungarvin?

Ask a question
Worked for Dungarvin 8 months....8 months too long!
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WISeptember 10, 2016
Worst job I've ever had. Terrible management. Loved the clients. Feel sorry for the clients and their families! Terrible pay and never enough help. Don't place your family members with Dungarvin!
Pros
Cons
Too many to text!€
Employment With Dungarvin
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 23, 2016
While working with Dungarvin I was a Certified Support Professional, it was a great experience where I learned my skills to become a Manager for residential facilities. It was a good experience and I am grateful for the experiences and skills I received while working for them.
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2016
This company was my first company ever working with special needs individuals. I was over ecstatic and I enjoyed coming to work everyday even on call and on my off days. I really enjoyed my clients and the other staff members.
Pros
lunch breaks were paid, weekends off unless called in for ot
Awful Place to work
Community Support Provider (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJMay 10, 2016
All the people that work at Dungarvin are African and they stick together. Dungarvin has horrible management. If you want time off, good luck getting it. You have to find your own coverage, and they don't give you a list of employees names and numbers to contact. Your on your own. Worst company I ever worked for. Would not recommend working for them.
Mentally Unhealthy Work Environment
Business Office (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNAugust 4, 2016
I will start by saying that I worked in the business office for Dungarvin in MN. I will NEVER recommend to anyone to apply here. The higher ups in the company are so disconnected with what is going on in the office and the homes that they direct. Because of the poor working conditions, lack of different positions available, extremely high and dangerous behaviors of residents and high turn over they look at their support staff as numbers. While I enjoyed all the people I worked directly with, anyone in a supervisory position or above was untouchable. Leaving or coming in late on a regular basis. Taking long personal lunches.They have no respect for the employees under them. While working there, I was refused a headset, I spent 7.5/8 hours a day on the phone. You cannot begin to imagine the amount of back and neck pain/issues I still have over a year after leaving. When attempting to file workers comp to receive compensation for the chiropractic/doctors bills, it was turned down EVERY time.The home supervisors will belittle and berate you, to your face and behind your back. I can promise, on a daily basis, you will be made to feel worthless, you will be yelled at for something and you will lose sleep over your job. If you plan on working for this company, remember to watch your own back. No one in this company is looking out for you.
Cons
Unattainable Goal Requirements, Unsafe Homes, Violent People Served and Rude/Unruly Directors/Higher Ups
Fun place to work
PROGRAM COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMDecember 23, 2015
Very hard and challenging place to work, it is fun and if you enjoy working with others. A great learning perspective. Co-workers are awesome as well as the management team that you get to work with in the field. Have to have a lot of patience working with individuals with all types of needs due to their disabilities.
good
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 15, 2016
over all ok working individuals were nice staff not so much but over all i got a lot of experience here first 3 months they give u all the training you will need for the house you are going to work for as well as first aid and cpr company required nurse train.
Very diverse
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for dungarvin. They promote within the company. Always room for growth
Supervisors are very understanding to one's needs.
Pros
Friendly enviorment
Productive and fun work environment
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2016
Assist individuals to daily activities and tasks in the community. Team work is great. Enjoyable and great environment to work in.
Pros
THE STAFF AND INDIVIDUALS
Cons
GETTING HOURS
suck
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  mnApril 21, 2016
Don't apply at this job....they're always short staff there's no type of Communication when the staff is not going to be late hate I work here I should have known something was wrong when I saw that they had a lot of jobs opening currently looking for Another one
Pros
Cons
short staff

2.8