Dungarvin

Dungarvin Employee Reviews

Overall
CNA (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNMay 21, 2015
People are great but hard to work with
management is very understanding
Co wooers are willing to cover shifts
I have learned a lot about working with people with different background.
Everyday Work Routine
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Mendota HeightsMay 7, 2015
 Guide and monitor the work of clients and mentor them in their professional development. Ensure all required documentation is complete, accurate and professional; assist with information gathering to identify personal outcomes desired and effect of supports.
 Maintains and expands skills and knowledge relevant to providing high quality supports and services.
 Ensure that all home, vehicle, and personal property maintenance needs are addressed in a timely manner.
 Cook, clean, assist with showers, getting dressed, and laundry and activities.
 Drive clients to appointments, outings, and work if needed.
Nice place to work.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR- RESIDENTAL (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch once in a while.
Cons: Healthcare, benefits, no room for advancement.
I enjoyed working with developmentally disabled people. I had a good time taking everyone out into the community so they could enjoy many different types of activities.
Productive easy going workplace
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 20, 2015
Pros: Always Overtime
Cons: Not enough workers to help, benefits werent worth what you paid.
It was a very smooth run process. We did daily routines and went on many outings for fun. You learn something new everyday, its never a dull moment and always have to be ready on your feet. I loved the people i worked with the most. I missed my old Management wasnt a fan of the New management much. Hardest part was always repeating yourself to better the individuals and letting them have attitude with you. I enjoyed the many things in life that they taught me are no big deal to them and always living life ot the fullest everyday.
Disrespectful and Unprofessional Management
Community Support Provider (Former Employee), La CrosseApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great individuals, great co-workers
Cons: poor management, low pay for a lot of work, no benefits
Management was very unprofessional and disrespectful toward employees. The manager was disorganized and never got the work done. Difficult to get a hold of even in emergency situations. The manager would also take credit for work done by the employees. The manager also talked poorly about the employees behind their back. This caused a lot of drama and a hostile work environment. Upper management will make you feel like they care, when really they lie to you. Upper management does not discipline the manager for wrong doings that should have resulted in termination.

The company also underpays its employees for the amount of work required each day.

My co-workers were incredible people and did not deserve the mistreatment by management. I have remained friends with many of my former co-workers. I also really enjoyed working with the individuals that I served. They are wonderful people and would be one of the only reasons I would continue working with the company.
The job that gives back.
❸ Direct Care-House Manager-Program Director (Former Employee), New MexicoApril 12, 2015
Pros: Meeting the best people
Cons: Pay, hours
Dungarvin is all about giving back to the people they support. This job is long hours and hard work but very rewarding. The hardest part of this job is not taking your work home with you. It becomes very easy to be attached and emotional when it comes to this kind of work.
Coordinator (Current Employee), Hayward, CAMarch 26, 2015
Dungarvin is a good place to work with opportunities to grow. The pay is not so good and some of the older staff are not the best on team work or communication but thing are getting better. As long as you do your job well everything will be fine. Love the department head they are very helpful and willing to help when needed.
Housekeeping,cashier,warehouse, assembly
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), MNMarch 19, 2015
Pros: bonus
Fun hardworking environment. I was able to meet great people. Great hours, and benefits. A very nice job. I was a Great job to have.
The workplace
Program Counselor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2015
This company is a place to work if you like working with people with mental and physical disabilities. also if your are trying to balance work and school
A great environment and very interesting clients.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great working environment with co-workers and staff, creative programs to keep clients involved and active.
Cons: short breaks, some staff were not dedicated enough sometimes.
I was blessed to work for a year at Dungarvin LLC, and during my time there i was able to work with some very personalities as clients. The administration itself was great and cared about the welfare of staff. They created programs that made work very conducive and exciting. With that staff was able to encourage clients to be productive and as independent as possible.
The consumers are decent and your coworkers vary
DSP and Lead DSP (Former Employee), La Porte, INJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: helping people better themselves
Cons: poor management, no time off when requested, immature coworkers
I worked as a direct support professional for around 2 years in houses with people with developmental disabilities. I also helped with a day service center.

The residential services program seemed managed well until supervisors changed. I was promoted to a house lead and never trained on my position. The house was poorly run and management was in chaos. Most of my coworkers in the house were immature and lazy. Management did not have a backbone in disciplining this issue as well. The consumers of the house were not being properly cared for because of this.

Helping the consumers was the best part of the position. Seeing them better themselves made the job worthwhile.
Work place with strong communication and learning experiences
DIRECT SUPPORT STAFF (Current Employee), Buffalo, MinnesotaJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: gaining more experience and knowledge with behaviors, company gives the opportunity for bonuses often.
Cons: no scheduled lunch break and struggling to staff open shifts.
A typical day of work at Dungarvin would be greeting the client, working on skills, crafts, managing meals, house hold chores, and finances, taking the client out on outings/appointments. Charting on the events that took place that day.
I have learned better communication skills with clients with behaviors and how to manage a behavior if one is to occur.
The co-workers are very helpful, friendly, team players, efficient, and have good communication skills.
The hardest part of my job would be when the client refuses all care for the day and there isn't anything for me to work on.
The thing I enjoy most about my job is seeing how happy my client is when they complete a task that they have been working on.
not a very good place to work mostly new jersey where they just fire staff for just little mistake when a staff have worked for you for over 5 year
direct suppoty (Former Employee), new jerseyJanuary 14, 2015
My review about Dungarvin is they need to change their policy on discipline a staff not just fire they need to put in place a form of disciplinary steps for their staff not just firing staff doing that mean you used and dump them that is not a good idea in this time for a big organization like that
Dungarvin trains their employees well
DSP (Current Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: getting to know clients and creating relationships.
Cons: long hours.
A typical day at work starts with caring for clients and meeting their needs by doing such things as personal hygiene and medication. The hardest part of this job for me is that it is very physically demanding with a lot of lifting, twisting and stretching. The most rewarding part of working here though is helping those who are in need of help live as close to normal lives as possible.
Work experience very rewarding and nice teamwork.
Health Care Provider (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: interaction with client, relaxation and playing with client (leisure).
Cons: sometimes no or short lunch and deal with the behavior of some clients.
- Provide Care for the client
- Provide security for client
- Provide privacy
-Do minor household cleaning
-Learned to be organized
-Manage documentation for clients
-Team work and team building
- The hardest part is dealing with behaviors
- Interaction, outing and preparing meals for clients is the most enjoyable part of the job.
good day at work
Program Counselor (Current Employee), Farmington, NMNovember 21, 2014
I care for people with disabilities , my co workers are fun and so are the clients, I learn new things everyday good bad funny and sad. being in the community can be a challenge some days. Its nice to see everyone go home with a smile.
great place
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Santa Rosa, CAOctober 15, 2014
this is a great place to work . I began from the bottom and had the opportunity to move up as a program coordinator.
great starting job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Hammond, INOctober 13, 2014
Pros: building your schedule to accomodate your life
Cons: sometimes there isn't work available, but they hire people anyway.
typical day consist of preparations of meds, preparation of 3 meals a day, traveling to workshops for the clients, and household cleaning along with loging everything that took place within the day.
Good company that helps people.
Program Manager (Current Employee), Mendota Heights, MNOctober 8, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: looking for something a little different
There isn't a typical day at work. I am a program manager of two houses and in charge of about 20 employees and extra flex staff. I enjoy this job and the people that I help. I like my co-workers.

The hardest part was coming from a different state and learning all the laws, and reg's for adult foster care. But everyone's been so helpful that I am able to learn quickly.

I enjoy multitasking, helping people and knowing that no matter what their disability is they can still lead an enriched life.
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIOctober 7, 2014
Pros: the clinets are great. you cant pretty much take them anywere and doing anything with them.
Cons: everything else
They don't care about employes, they are behind on everything, they guilt you in to doing what ever well at least they try.
They are always behind on paperwork and getting what needs to be done that week.

1 2 3

About Dungarvin

Dungarvin is a national organization of privately owned companies that are dedicated to providing high quality, community-based – Read more

Dungarvin Salaries