Dungarvin

Dungarvin Employer Reviews

Many, multi-task, variety of involvements .
Direct Support Professional A3 / MSDC Transport (Current Employee), South Bend, In.March 25, 2014
Not getting to emotionally involved, regarding individuals care. Knowing that I make a difference, for the positive affect in the daily lives of others.
Relaxing enviornment to work in and good team work.
Program Counselor (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: always hours open
Cons: few workers willing to really work
When I would get to work I would take out dinner. Go down to the laundry room and get indviduals laundry and place each persons laundry in their room. After doing laundry I would get one of my individuals shower things together and put it in the bathroom. My clients start arriving home a hour after I get to work. I would go out and get them off the – more... transportation van or bus. My first client I would bring in the house and pass 4pm medication. After passing medication to all clients I would cook dinner. When dinner is done I would pass medication again only to one client. Then after dinner we began to do evening activities and prepare for evening cares. Evening care are giving shower and completing oral care. After evening cares I would pass medication again for the night. Once eveyone is in bed I began to clean up for the overnight staff. I would start a load of laundry for overnight staff. I learned to work with people with disability and also become CPR and First Aid certified as well as Medication Administration certified. My management was very has on they completed cares as well as staff. I worked with a great team of co-workers. We split our jobs each shitf so that one staff don't feel overwhelmed with work. When I first started the hardest part was clean up bowel movements when taking a client to the bathroom. What I enjoyed most about a days work is at the end of my shift I know that my clients are safe and unharmed. The hours we spent together was spent doing things to increase their independancy. – less
The WORST
Program Counselor (Former Employee), IndianaFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: helping people with disabilities, quitting
Cons: management, long hours, low pay, bad benefits
Terrible company to work. Pay is low, after a certain amount of years they "freeze" raises meaning you no longer get them. Sites are always understaffed. Since they are understaffed, this can put you at risk for not being able to care for clients properly. Terrible about assisting with time off. You have to find your own coverage for everything. Which, – more... when understaffed can be quite a problem. If you want to be underpaid and under appreciated but get calls in the middle of the night to come into work, this job is for you. – less
Serving People
Program Counselor (Current Employee), Osseo, MNDecember 14, 2013
Helping to make peoples live better is fun.
Taking care of service users and helping with daily living activities.
Clients are great/Management bad
Program Counselor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 4, 2013
Pros: rewarding type of work
Cons: company doesn't care about it's employees
Clients are wonderful to work with but management is not very good.
lots of fun time with cunsumers
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNJuly 30, 2013
Pros: making difference in the lives of those we served
Cons: during emergecies, one person shift can be tough and challenging
Diverse group of co-workers, Different experience with each consumer
I am glad there are companies like Dungarvin to provide these services
Host Home Provider (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 27, 2013
As a Host Home Provider, one is faced with many challenges, but also rewards. There is 24/7 support for crises management and a whole team to help you and the client along the way.
very nice place to work for.
Program Counselor (Former Employee), south bend inJuly 10, 2013
Pros: helping others
Cons: none of the group homes were close to where i lived.
I cared for adults and children with many different disabilities. I also cooked, did al the grocery shopping for my group home. passed meds, took patients to dr's appt and etc.
Very Laid back job that can be stressful
Program Counselor (Current Employee), Evansville, INJune 25, 2013
I work second shift for this company. It is a waiver based company. I transport consumers and deal with medication and prepare meals. The hardest part of the job is the unconsistency. Other than that the job is ok. I love spending time with the consumers daily.
Relax work environment; self supervise.
Personal Care Associate (Current Employee), Mendota Heights, MNMay 16, 2013
Pros: hours available
Cons: expectations
* Take client on activities and write down anything you and client talk about. Work on goals, encouragement, and provide ride if needed.

* I learn CPR, First Aid, and AED procedures.

* I don't have much encounters with management. If clients has complain We (Staffs) get a call. Client not satisfy they call RC, client still not satisfy they call PD – more... and so on up the chain of command.

* Team work is needed as every shift needs to know what went on before their shift. That why each shift has to log what went on during their time.

* This is independent living. Clients do most things by them self. Hardest part has to be spending own money to buy gas to take clients out on activities.

* This job is pretty relaxing – less
Home like setting great place to work
Great people to work with (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 16, 2013
Pros: home cooked meals
Cons: didn't want to leave but started my externship.
Glade to have worked there i met alot of people that i miss all ready.
Productive and fun place to work
Residential Coordinator (Former Employee), Crystal, MNApril 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch and parking
Cons: short staff
Life changing, exciting and a jump start for my interest in mental health.
Dungarvin
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee), Evansville, INMarch 6, 2013
Pros: over time
Cons: not enough staff
AT Dungarvin I took care of handicap individuals in there home .I would cook,clean and drive them where they needed to be also give meds out .

MY management was awesome they helped in every way they could and made sure the clients were taken care of.
Co-Workers were good the onesthat showed up on time.

The hardest part of the job to me was when staff – more... did not come in on time of course you would be ready to go when it is time .I really did not mind I just liked it better when they called and let me know they were gonna be late.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping my clients in anyway I could. – less
I loved the job,but the benefits were not good.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: there was always something to do.
Cons: i would use a lot of gas for activities and compensation was very little.
A typical day would be picking up the clients from work and taking them wherever they would like to go.Administer their medicine and find activities before bed.I learned that I should not be so quick to give up on a company before a resolution to issues.The management at the time was unorganized.The job wasn't difficult at all.The most enjoyable part – more... of the job was the satisfaction of the clients.They enjoyed their activities. – less
I loved the job,but the benefits were not good.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: there was always something to do.
Cons: i would use a lot of gas for activities and compensation was very little.
high stressl
program counslor (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CADecember 6, 2012
Cons: no breaks or lunch
I would not recomend this company to any who cares about making a difference in people who are mentaly dissabled.
Good environment and clients
Program Manager (Former Employee), Portage, INNovember 30, 2012
Worked with mentally challenged kids and adults at their house. I also had to take them to their daily activities and cook their meals. The fun thing about this job is that my clients really liked me and I liked working with them also/
Works with clients with disabilities
Program Counselor (Former Employee), La Porte, INNovember 26, 2012
Pros: decent pay
Cons: company not attentive to clients like needed
Good place to work if learning values of independent living and working with clients.
Group Homes
Community Support Provider (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJNovember 18, 2012
It is a nice place to work for and it gives someone security knowing there s good people out there to help individuals with disabilities.
Productive and enjoyable.
Program Counselor (Former Employee), Evansville, INOctober 16, 2012
Pros: al ot of free time
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work, I would pick my clients up take them to go cash checks and then go back home to do a little house keeping. The clients would then get ready to go on a dinner date. After dinner the clients would come home and finish any house work, take meds and talk with staff. Management was very reliable and understanding. The most enjoyable – more... part was getting to know my clients and understanding their needs. – less

About Dungarvin

Dungarvin is a national organization of privately owned companies that are dedicated to providing high quality, community-based – Read more