Dungarvin

Dungarvin Employee Reviews

Stay away!
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee), Flora, INAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Everything else!
They never told me about how bad the behaviors were! They would beat staff and the company did very little to nothing about it. I was not about to put myself in harms way every night just to make a buck, not worth it! All the upper dogs were hardly ever in the houses, the house lead was worthless. Wouldn't even recommend working there to my worst enemy!
Dungarvin ohio 👎
Ssc (Current Employee), Dungarvin ohioAugust 24, 2015
Dungarvin is a very unfair company...They work you like dogs and dont care about you. Company has very high turnovers. Workers treated unequal.
Learning life experience, fun and giving
Support Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2015
Working with people facing challenges in their life takes patience and compassion for that population. Dungarvin gives you tools to succeed to that journey.
Very Flexible
Program Director (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Caring for individuals who to me are GOD special angels.
Cons: Leadership putting friendship above business and doing the right thing.
I enjoyed working with most of the staff at Dungarvin, What made me feel like getting up everyday and going to work were the consumers that we serve. That's where my heart and compassionate was. It was never about the pay, management or anything else. It was always about them because they are the reason Dungarvin is in business in the first place.
READ THIS AND AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee), oklahoma city, oklahomaAugust 8, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor management, poor working environment, untrustworthy coworkers, everything
the first red flag about this company was its history. there have been branches set up in a number of states and almost half of them closed due to "money" issues. something tells me that it was over more than just money. the interview process was relaxed, no need for a fancy dress shirt and slacks as you are just as likely to get the job wearing a cut off t shirt and jeans.

i was hired on the spot, but i know that is due to the fact that this company has an extremely high turnover rate due to poor wages, bad management and lack of professionalism. i was also promised a two hundred dollar sign on bonus and urged to participate in the employee referral program so that i could earn more money. this was done to compensate for the deplorable wages. this is ineffective and will guarantee more losses than gains. if you cannot pay your workers a living wage, then you shouldn't be in business. it is mostly college students and older people who apply to these jobs. once they find a better paying one many of them leave and never look back.

the other red flag was the painfully poor training process. we were required to spend eight hours a day for about two weeks at the company's office, sitting in front of a laptop taking courses that honestly should have been taken over a period of months, not days. we watched instructional videos on CPR and how to do the heimlich maneuver, but never physically performed such tasks which is troubling. if i was a parent or guardian of or a person with disabilities i would be very concerned and would not look twice at this company. management was – more... unprofessional and childish, using profane and obscene language with one another while in our presence which doesn't reflect well on the company and on us employees.

my program director was ineffective and practically useless as i could never get ahold of them and rarely responded to texts or phone calls. coworkers talked behind my back and tried to coax information out of me and then repeat it to program director which in turn creates hostility and an unproductive working environment. pay is barely above minimum wage. part time benefits are practically nonexistent. i cannot think of any positives about this company. if you are a potential client, please for the sake of you and your loved one, do NOT utilize this company.
if you can afford something better, find it.

if you are an person who is unemployed and thinking about applying here, you are better off in the restaurant business. apply anywhere else but here.

there are numerous failures about dungarvin but the biggest one is that they are failing the very people who need support the most. – less
Fun place to work and use of creativity
DSP (Current Employee), Portland OreAugust 8, 2015
Pros: has medical, dental.vision, 401k
Cons: no guaranteed lunch
Arrive get items needed for your daily activity then wait for client to arrive then go on your outing or start your activity that has been scheduled
Wonderful experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: none
No complaints about this employer what so ever. Great co-workers and residents. Flexible work schedules and very family-like comfortable work environment.
Good
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee), Mendota Heights, MNJuly 26, 2015
I was the coordinator for two apartment programs and really enjoy it. I enjoyed the challenges of meeting various goals weather they were programmatic or personal goals of the individuals. The managers were supportive and created a healthy work environment. When it came to job security, it seemed like there was a threat of job loss due to upper management attitudes and new polices.
Excellent company to work for overall
Client Service Provider (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Supportive and training was provided.
Cons: No respite providers.
The culture at Dungarvin was warm,connective, and welcoming. One of the clients I worked with is still close personal friend, friendships were encouraged at Dungarvin. I hope to work for this company again after I finish my doctorate.
Fexible hours plenty available hours
home care (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2015
This position was affective job in the health field. I experienced community work for individuals with disabilities. The job culture was different from what I have experienced in the past. Supervisors are understanding
fun and feels not like a job but helping adults live fun and healthy lives
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Portland, ORJuly 15, 2015
I enjoyed working with dungarvin gave me lots of experience and met a lot of cool and nice people, I recommend it to anymore interested in caregiving
Work
HTS (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2015
Helping Clients with daily living skills, bathing, cooking, daily activities. Cleaning up around the house, helping parents and guardians with anything they need.
Fun place to work
Community Support Provider (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 5, 2015
I love this job because of its consumers. Spreading joy and assisting adults with behavioral and intellectual disabilities teaches me a lot about life and the things that most take for granted. A typical day at work is routine based. Breakfast in the morning, activity time and relaxation. In the afternoon, we have different outings or appointments. In the evening their is dinner more relaxation and bed.Management is pretty understanding and easy to get along with. Coworkers all share equally in assisting the consumers. The hardest part of he job is the "behavioral" moments. The most enjoyable part is that you are assisting in changing someones life for the better.
Good working enviroment
Direct Support Staff (Dungarvin) (Former Employee), MendotaHeights, MinnesotaJune 23, 2015
I really love this place. Has a great working environment. Has good benefits and great hours. If you work here you will really enjoy it.
Good Employer
Community Support Provider (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 17, 2015
Pros: Friendship
It was my second home, I loved what I did for this employer and would return and work for them again and again. Hard work but it was well worth it.
Great Experience
Direct Staff Support (Former Employee), MinneapolisJune 4, 2015
I liked working for Dungarvin however, they have a hard time keeping workers so it makes it harder on the workers that are still there.
Very flexible with scheduling.
Direct Service Provider (DSP) (Current Employee), Portage, INJune 1, 2015
This company was very flexible when it came to the scheduling. Pay is mediocre. Great job if you're a student. You also get paid mileage and that adds up.
Overall
CNA (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNMay 21, 2015
People are great but hard to work with
management is very understanding
Co wooers are willing to cover shifts
I have learned a lot about working with people with different background.
Everyday Work Routine
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Mendota HeightsMay 7, 2015
 Guide and monitor the work of clients and mentor them in their professional development. Ensure all required documentation is complete, accurate and professional; assist with information gathering to identify personal outcomes desired and effect of supports.
 Maintains and expands skills and knowledge relevant to providing high quality supports and services.
 Ensure that all home, vehicle, and personal property maintenance needs are addressed in a timely manner.
 Cook, clean, assist with showers, getting dressed, and laundry and activities.
 Drive clients to appointments, outings, and work if needed.
Nice place to work.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR- RESIDENTAL (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch once in a while.
Cons: Healthcare, benefits, no room for advancement.
I enjoyed working with developmentally disabled people. I had a good time taking everyone out into the community so they could enjoy many different types of activities.
Headquarters