Dungarvin Employee Reviews in United States

suck
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  mnApril 21, 2016
Don't apply at this job....they're always short staff there's no type of Communication when the staff is not going to be late hate I work here I should have known something was wrong when I saw that they had a lot of jobs opening currently looking for Another one
Pros
Cons
short staff
Horrible Management
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVApril 20, 2016
I worked at Dungarvin for almost 6 months, did the trainings, which were very sketchy since the group I was in was told it would be 3 of us and it turned into 6-10 people recertifying, which was difficult to follow discussions since the people who were retraining would talk throughout the whole class. When asked to quiet down, they would glare at the new people and go back to talking. This company is a joke. According to them, cooking and cleaning and doing your job is apparently sitting your whole shift when the people who sit there watching TV, on their phones and ignoring the clients are doing their jobs. So the person working will get disciplined and fired. Like I said, the company is a joke. Management will come in to the home, talk to staff, twist their words around and run to the house manager. This job hires anyone off the streets, I was called for an interview in shorts and a tank top, went through my first interview where the guy was a bully and really rude with his questions and went into a second interview with a really nice woman that laughed and told me stories about her interview and working in the homes and hired me on. 6 months later I was fired for "failure to perform job responsibilities". I had 7 teeth pulled, management demanded me to return to work the next evening, I had found coverage from a newer staff member and was cleared through the house manager to have her come in, was told by the program director that the staff I had requested to cover the remaining 3 hours of my shift couldn't be alone with the clients until she completed her trainings and told  more... me that the manager could not come back in had to be the one covering me. The manager called the staff member and asked her to come in anyways since she was not alone that evening.  less
Pros
Making a difference in someones life, helping clients with daily living
Cons
Short breaks to non existent, staff gossip, poor management, poor pay, long hours, overworked staff, staff couldnt get time off for their own personal reasons.
not great
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 13, 2016
Management is a joke, good luck trying to get off.
If you have any previous skills it doesn't matter because they hire off the streets. Pay is extremely low for the amount of work expected.
Pros
picking up shifts
Cons
pay is terrible
enjoyable place to work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSApril 12, 2016
Dungarvin was a very nice assisted living facility dedicated to their residents, unfortunately i had unexpectedly had to relocate so i only worked for them for a brief time.
Management Cares more about filling shifts than well being of employees
DSP (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 24, 2016
Clients are great. Management has double standards. Employees are over worked and under paid. Employees would work months with no days off while management took several hunting trips throughout year.
Pros
Clients are awesome!
Cons
They don't care whether or not you see your family, if yo are burned out, Good staff pick up the slack of bad staff.
Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental
Assist clients (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 10, 2016
Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepses standards and procedures; maintaining security precautions; following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards; Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities. Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements. Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Catching a communicable disease would be more enjoyable than working here
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNFebruary 26, 2016
This company works the Program Manager's/Directors to death, causes ulcers, stress, premature deliveries for those who are pregnant, DCYF investigations because we cant pick our kids from day care on time, and causes mistrust in your relationship because your partner things all the after hour calls you get are from someone you are seeing on the side. I busted my butt the first quarter I was hired to get my tasks done and qualified for the bonus, but because I was within my orientation, I didn't qualify. A month later, they disposed of that incentive program. This was the last time any PM/PD received a thank you or appreciation from the company. I was given two houses within a month of starting. One of which was a complete dump from every sense of the word. This program had 6 managers before me within the year. The teams were furious, the staff were angry and untrusting and the clients who were coherent were uncooperative. I worked hard to clean up the house, the staff and gain their trust and the clients. I had two teams pull out and got the blame for that, even though it wasn't my fault. It took me a full year to get this one house in working order. Meanwhile, I ignored my other house. Fortunately, it still has a wonderful RC who ran it well. I was thrown into coverage right after my six month orientation was done. One person can't run three houses. The pressure kept piling up and unrealistic expectations were given. They cut hours at the houses so my staff quit and that forced me into direct care adding another 40hours to my 40hour work load. What time I had, I spent dealing  more... with lazy and incompetent staff who couldn't do their jobs right. The schedule was the most painful. I had to work a Friday 2-10 at all three houses. Needless to say, I became creative with my staffing. The Directors didn't seem to care about the staffing crisis until they were threatened with having to work direct care. Then they cared for 30 days until they felt that threat was gone. The Directors were so concerned with budget (that they single handedly blew) that they told us we weren't allowed to appreciate our staff especially for Christmas. The final straw was announcing that the were once again restructuring and eliminating the PM/PD position ...basically they were firing all of us who weren't promoted to the new RPD position. They refused to promote those who qualified for this position. They promoted and hired in people who are not qualified for this RPD position. The rest of us were demoted to the RC position. My final point. Dungarvin has a very negative reputation. They have unhappy teams, clients and employees. They have yet to see this and do something to positively change it. I promise that it won't be any better with you working there. Go find a job with a company who won't abuse you or take advantage of you. You can do better.  less
Pros
I'm getting out.
Cons
It feels very much like I left an abusive spouse There are too many other cons to list.
worst
Agency Companion (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 20, 2016
They only care about money. Not the clients. They want the easy cases and ignore the difficult ones. My client has a pip that hasn't been followed for months. They say "well she's too hard to deal with". Don't take on clients that you can't take care. I am making less than minimum wage because I'm paid per diem but work 24/7.
Pros
my immediate supervisor is good
Cons
pay..support
supporting people with disabilities
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  MNJanuary 11, 2016
Staffing people to work with clients with disabilities. working with management with their selection process. Conducting New employee orientations.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Schedules
Run away!
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTDecember 28, 2015
The senior director at the Rockyhill location is a cold woman. There is no proper training and when staff or administration makes a mistake, you will be retrained with a disciplinary write up. Everyone gets terminated with any little mistake. This is a for profit organization and that's all that is cared about. THE PROFIT!! So many good people have left or been fired due to the Senior Director. Do not apply to this company. You will regret it.
Pros
Fast advancement
Cons
Senior director, disciplinary write up all the time, unprofessional, unorganized, for profit, no leadership and poor communication
Fun place to work
PROGRAM COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMDecember 23, 2015
Very hard and challenging place to work, it is fun and if you enjoy working with others. A great learning perspective. Co-workers are awesome as well as the management team that you get to work with in the field. Have to have a lot of patience working with individuals with all types of needs due to their disabilities.
Productive and fun loving organization/ buisness
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 16, 2015
Assisting individuals with developmental disabilities with day to day task such as showing and becoming aware of community resources, assisting with eating, and toileting, and coaching individuals to become more self sufficient in any area that is easily attainable.
Pros
Busy days
Cons
Short breaks
staff and management we
support staff (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WI - Sheboygan WI.November 13, 2015
I felt like and outsider. Co worker used company van for " field trips" that were really trips down the street out of sight to smoke with consumers.
My work ethic ( babyboomer) was different than the millianiums that shared house duties with me.
Short shifts during the week, the worked 12 hour days weekends.
They didn't sign off on narcotics properly.
Pros
clients make every day exciting & challenging
Cons
pay wasn't enough for the stress incurred
Great!
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 1, 2015
They give more then enough training, Told them the days I needed off and it was never a problem, They have never called me on my days off, every time I have an issue they fix it right away. Clients can be tricky but you just need to have patience.
Poor Managment
DSP (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 21, 2015
The office staff is lazy and rude. Unless you are a favorite of the ED, you will not get anywhere with the company. This company needs to be shut down. They take clients from other agencies. The PD's don't care about their staff. We have to lie to people, saying they have been at a location when they really aren't. The training lady is rude, and hateful. If you ask about training you are expired in, she just says talk to your boss.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Pay, benefits, management
Tough Career Path but Rewarding
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 6, 2015
There are some issues with working there but the issues are the same industry wide. Sometimes the hours are longer than expected and the work can be emotionally draining. Sometime the management have unrealistic expectations. Overall when you can just focus on the clients the job can become very rewarding even with all of the corporate difficulties.
Team effort
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNSeptember 19, 2015
Great team spirit, not really an opportunity for advancement, high work expectations, great pay. easy relocation if needed, very rewarding.
Stay away!
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Flora, INAugust 27, 2015
They never told me about how bad the behaviors were! They would beat staff and the company did very little to nothing about it. I was not about to put myself in harms way every night just to make a buck, not worth it! All the upper dogs were hardly ever in the houses, the house lead was worthless. Wouldn't even recommend working there to my worst enemy!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else!
Dungarvin ohio 👎
Ssc (Current Employee) –  Dungarvin ohioAugust 24, 2015
Dungarvin is a very unfair company...They work you like dogs and dont care about you. Company has very high turnovers. Workers treated unequal.
Learning life experience, fun and giving
Support Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2015
Working with people facing challenges in their life takes patience and compassion for that population. Dungarvin gives you tools to succeed to that journey.