Dungarvin Employee Reviews

Its okay
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INFebruary 28, 2017
if you are looking for a job with a set schedule, dont consider this job. I love my Program Director. She is awesome with trying to help schedule wise. They are understaffed and will ask you to work extra shifts constantly. I was promised a pay raise after training that I never recieved.
Pros
cpr certified
Cons
schedule and pay
Adequate Care home
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 17, 2016
Working at this company was very difficult. Management was very unorganized and borderline dysfunctional. They only have one or two people working in each position of management and weren't able to communicate with each other effectively. On top of this they usually didn't know very important things such as when meetings are held. It was up to each dsp to ensure that things were working well that were explicitly stated to be the job duties of upper management.
The house I worked at however, was great. They were very good to the consumers and did a good job preparing you for your job duties. I've done caregiving for a long time now and this was a refreshing position to be in, despite the poor management.
A horriable company that will hire anyone
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portage, INFebruary 24, 2017
I worked here as a nurse for three months. I never knew theses kind of companies existed. Basically they are taking government and or private money to set up daily care of mentally or physically challenged individuals. The over all neglect of these people is disgusting. As well as the money they are paying to health care professionals. As nurses there was no clear duty we were given. Basically have a chart filled out for this many individuals by this date and magically Dungarvin gets paid. As far as the "meaningful day " song and dance they give u well if putting people in front of a TV and feeding them fish sticks is a meaningful day then yes they did. The staff who does try to really help are normally treated badly. Poor pay poor working conditions. The management has no clue what really happens in these group homes. Honestly is an ugly business that am sure started out as a well meaning best intention service. The government needs to over see these kind of companies better or shut them down completely.
Pros
Cons
over whelmed by so many individuals who are not getting services
Drama
Residential coordinator (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 20, 2017
Lots of drama. Long hours. Always at work barely ever got to be home. They fired me because a staff lied to them. She was on drugs and never showed up for work.
na
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 16, 2017
wouldn't work here. management is awful, culture is awful. worst job. do not expect managers to back you up. very high turnover for this company
Too many individuals, not enough staff
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 9, 2016
Loved the individuals we cared for, but management cared more about filling rooms than hiring qualified staff--instead they expected other staff to cover all the needed hours--even at the expense of those staff members.

I was fired due to a med error because I was expected to work numerous back to back shifts (1st, 2nd, & 3rd) plus three day weekends with overnights with only an hour or two off between shifts. This went on for almost 3 months. Even after expressing concerns about the fact that I was beyond exhausted and needed someone to come in and give meds, no one would (including my supervisor). I made a mistake and got fired for it.
Pros
Individuals, helping others
Cons
Management, staff
I enjoy working at Dungarin, learn new things
DSP (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 14, 2016
I enjoy working for Dungarin, but the management I feel could be better. I love my house manager though, she's awesome. The hardest part of my job is trying to understand a client that having a hard time speaking and not understanding certain documentation. The most exciting part of my job is Inneracting with the clients, talking with them, taking them on outings, playing games, just doing activities with them. I have a great relationship with my clients, they are so loving and Caring!
Overall, great place to work
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 22, 2017
Typical day changes from day to day; flexible within reason. Unique work place culture. One thing that stuck out when applying was the longevity of employees. Hardest part of the job is recruitment. The most enjoyable is working with a variety of different people.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Insurance
Stay the eff away
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Mendoza Heights, MNJune 30, 2016
I loved my job! When I first started, I would not have told you to run the other direction. It wasn't until we got a new director that things began to change. When he came here expecting so much to be done in such a short time, we lost the best program manager (PM) we could have ever had. She was simply amazing and was the most understanding person. Now, we have a new OPD (the position has been renamed and restructured since), who has no experience and sucks at her job. I will tell you now, RUN! The turn over in this company is ridiculous, the age SUCKS and benefits not any better. Some staff are good, but most are lazy and good for nothing. After, I believe, 11 years of employment you no longer get a raise unless you are promoted. This place sucks! The supervisors and directors and so on do not care about the consumers or the staff. They just want things done a certain way. You'll be worked like a dog. I was working 6 days a week (meaning one 4 days off a month) for a year working well over 50 hours a week. It is not worth it! The money is great, but getting burnt out and not having a balance between work and personal life is not worth it!!! Stay away from this company!!!
Pros
Meeting great people, having a rewarding career
Cons
Everything else
Work is life
Community Support Provider (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJanuary 15, 2017
You can do the bare minimum and still be mandated no matter what your life situation is like. Was living single and they took full advantage. Was able to pick up shifts but once I started showing actual intiative and working hard they had me going to group homes all over the area, even if it was a 40 minute drive to pass medications for five minutes at 6 am. Was willing to do it, and did it atleast once a week. Worked atleast 50 hours a week, and was stuck by myself for 32 hours with three consumers when the state mandated ratio is 3 to 1. Was willing to do anything for the company and did, but when my apartment complex caught on fire and I called the supervisor instead of asking, "Are you okay? Can we do anything to help?" they asked, "Can you find coverage?" So I quit on the spot.

Want to know more about Dungarvin?

Ask a question
Constant Turn Over
Residential Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNMarch 12, 2017
There was constant turn over and the management was pretty bad and unprofessional. One of the Directors made unprofessional comments to me regarding another employee.
Pros
Nice training office
Cons
Driving clients all day
Not employee focused
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 23, 2017
this company offers little compensation for the amount of work required. Because of that, people hired are rarely fit for the job and seen as expendable.
Indianapolis buyout
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2017
I worked for this company when it was CCC, I recently got hired back on and it was the worst experience i've ever had with Home Health. The staff aren't friendly. Training was a waste of time, we sat for hours doing nothing. I worked for 2 weeks and decided to quit. my pay was 9.80 with 17 years of experience lol. This company is horrible. The clients were complaining I feel so bad for them.
Pros
ability to pick hours that suit your life
Cons
horrible pay, horrible office staff, bias workers, poor business
ok place to work
team member (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 7, 2017
ok place to work, underpaid, management sucks, hours vary and you are forced to stay if someone calls off...its a job for the most part
Former Employee
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2016
When I first started working for this company, I thought it was a good company to work for. I talked to a couple of my coworkers, and the expressed to me that there is a high turnover rate. I soon found out for myself that that was the case. Most of the girls I worked with where lazy, including the house manager. The house manager and the other employees in the house would show favoritism to some of the residents and talk ruthless and slightly put off the other residents in the house. They never took the girls out in the community to do their own thing, unless it was grocery shopping or one of the other houses in the company was having a party. The house manager was very lazy and did not help out with anything, All she would do is eat all day and give orders. If it was only her and another employee working, she still would not help. She would put off the shower of the one of the clients until the next day, because she didn't feel like it was her job to give the individual a bath. I only worked at one house, so I'm not speaking on all the other houses in the company.
Pros
You get an insight on people with mental and physical disabilities
Cons
Lazy Staff, Poor Management, Low pay, stressful work environment
A safe aand fun environment you can work in and gain experience from
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2017
A typical work day would include data entry and running programs. Getting the individuals out for a daily active and assisting them with everyday task. The hardest part of the job is the behaviors and the great part about this job is helping others who can't really help themselves.
Great Place to work
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 20, 2017
I am a current employee that has advanced through the company from DSP to Program Director. This work can be challenging however, very rewarding. Like all jobs there is good and bad, however the good outweighs the bad. We have paid training, mileage reimbursement, and flexible scheduling.
Worked for Dungarvin 8 months....8 months too long!
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WISeptember 10, 2016
Worst job I've ever had. Terrible management. Loved the clients. Feel sorry for the clients and their families! Terrible pay and never enough help. Don't place your family members with Dungarvin!
Pros
Cons
Too many to text!€
In home care.
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJanuary 24, 2017
I go to the group home I work at and depending on what the residents there have planned for the day I can be driving them to work, appointments, or just any outings they may want to attend. I have cleaning that I do everyday, as well as charting on the computer system they use to note how each individual has done for the shift I am working.
This company is a dump.
Community Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 6, 2016
I wouldn't work here if I were you. They have no respect for the people that work for them. Management turn over is extremely high do to a really messed up way of doing things. The pay is low and not any where near what you should be making for the nursing home work you do but you're suppose to be working in a assistant living type of environment. What few managers they do get lucky to hold on to like the Area Director is a joke. Never come around to check on the programs or the individuals served but as soon as stuff goes wrong they come looking for someone to blame. They hire anyone for the job and when the lead or any staff give feedback on a new hire not being a good fit they just ignore you and your stuck with a person who does nothing. They don't appreciate you at all. Their award ceremonies are a joke. Their training classes are a joke. If you worked there before they started putting people on the registry you can't get grand fathered in and they want allow you to go through new hire training again in order to be on the registry. Room for advancement is slim to none. They don't post certain positions for certain programs in order to overlook current staff. Then give you some lame lie. Upper management isn't any better. Very unprofessional. They abuse and misuse the policy for their benefit and when you quote policy back to them it makes them nervous, they don't truly want you to know policy but they definitely pretend like they do.
Pros
The consumers are awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dungarvin. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9