Dungarvin

Dungarvin Employee Reviews

Wonderful experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: none
No complaints about this employer what so ever. Great co-workers and residents. Flexible work schedules and very family-like comfortable work environment.
Good
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee), Mendota Heights, MNJuly 26, 2015
I was the coordinator for two apartment programs and really enjoy it. I enjoyed the challenges of meeting various goals weather they were programmatic or personal goals of the individuals. The managers were supportive and created a healthy work environment. When it came to job security, it seemed like there was a threat of job loss due to upper management attitudes and new polices.
Excellent company to work for overall
Client Service Provider (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Supportive and training was provided.
Cons: No respite providers.
The culture at Dungarvin was warm,connective, and welcoming. One of the clients I worked with is still close personal friend, friendships were encouraged at Dungarvin. I hope to work for this company again after I finish my doctorate.
Fexible hours plenty available hours
home care (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2015
This position was affective job in the health field. I experienced community work for individuals with disabilities. The job culture was different from what I have experienced in the past. Supervisors are understanding
fun and feels not like a job but helping adults live fun and healthy lives
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Portland, ORJuly 15, 2015
I enjoyed working with dungarvin gave me lots of experience and met a lot of cool and nice people, I recommend it to anymore interested in caregiving
Work
HTS (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2015
Helping Clients with daily living skills, bathing, cooking, daily activities. Cleaning up around the house, helping parents and guardians with anything they need.
Fun place to work
Community Support Provider (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 5, 2015
I love this job because of its consumers. Spreading joy and assisting adults with behavioral and intellectual disabilities teaches me a lot about life and the things that most take for granted. A typical day at work is routine based. Breakfast in the morning, activity time and relaxation. In the afternoon, we have different outings or appointments. In the evening their is dinner more relaxation and bed.Management is pretty understanding and easy to get along with. Coworkers all share equally in assisting the consumers. The hardest part of he job is the "behavioral" moments. The most enjoyable part is that you are assisting in changing someones life for the better.
Good working enviroment
Direct Support Staff (Dungarvin) (Former Employee), MendotaHeights, MinnesotaJune 23, 2015
I really love this place. Has a great working environment. Has good benefits and great hours. If you work here you will really enjoy it.
Good Employer
Community Support Provider (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 17, 2015
Pros: Friendship
It was my second home, I loved what I did for this employer and would return and work for them again and again. Hard work but it was well worth it.
Great Experience
Direct Staff Support (Former Employee), MinneapolisJune 4, 2015
I liked working for Dungarvin however, they have a hard time keeping workers so it makes it harder on the workers that are still there.
Very flexible with scheduling.
Direct Service Provider (DSP) (Current Employee), Portage, INJune 1, 2015
This company was very flexible when it came to the scheduling. Pay is mediocre. Great job if you're a student. You also get paid mileage and that adds up.
Overall
CNA (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNMay 21, 2015
People are great but hard to work with
management is very understanding
Co wooers are willing to cover shifts
I have learned a lot about working with people with different background.
Everyday Work Routine
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Mendota HeightsMay 7, 2015
 Guide and monitor the work of clients and mentor them in their professional development. Ensure all required documentation is complete, accurate and professional; assist with information gathering to identify personal outcomes desired and effect of supports.
 Maintains and expands skills and knowledge relevant to providing high quality supports and services.
 Ensure that all home, vehicle, and personal property maintenance needs are addressed in a timely manner.
 Cook, clean, assist with showers, getting dressed, and laundry and activities.
 Drive clients to appointments, outings, and work if needed.
Nice place to work.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR- RESIDENTAL (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch once in a while.
Cons: Healthcare, benefits, no room for advancement.
I enjoyed working with developmentally disabled people. I had a good time taking everyone out into the community so they could enjoy many different types of activities.
Productive easy going workplace
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 20, 2015
Pros: Always Overtime
Cons: Not enough workers to help, benefits werent worth what you paid.
It was a very smooth run process. We did daily routines and went on many outings for fun. You learn something new everyday, its never a dull moment and always have to be ready on your feet. I loved the people i worked with the most. I missed my old Management wasnt a fan of the New management much. Hardest part was always repeating yourself to better the individuals and letting them have attitude with you. I enjoyed the many things in life that they taught me are no big deal to them and always living life ot the fullest everyday.
Disrespectful and Unprofessional Management
Community Support Provider (Former Employee), La CrosseApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great individuals, great co-workers
Cons: poor management, low pay for a lot of work, no benefits
Management was very unprofessional and disrespectful toward employees. The manager was disorganized and never got the work done. Difficult to get a hold of even in emergency situations. The manager would also take credit for work done by the employees. The manager also talked poorly about the employees behind their back. This caused a lot of drama and a hostile work environment. Upper management will make you feel like they care, when really they lie to you. Upper management does not discipline the manager for wrong doings that should have resulted in termination.

The company also underpays its employees for the amount of work required each day.

My co-workers were incredible people and did not deserve the mistreatment by management. I have remained friends with many of my former co-workers. I also really enjoyed working with the individuals that I served. They are wonderful people and would be one of the only reasons I would continue working with the company.
The job that gives back.
❸ Direct Care-House Manager-Program Director (Former Employee), New MexicoApril 12, 2015
Pros: Meeting the best people
Cons: Pay, hours
Dungarvin is all about giving back to the people they support. This job is long hours and hard work but very rewarding. The hardest part of this job is not taking your work home with you. It becomes very easy to be attached and emotional when it comes to this kind of work.
Coordinator (Current Employee), Hayward, CAMarch 26, 2015
Dungarvin is a good place to work with opportunities to grow. The pay is not so good and some of the older staff are not the best on team work or communication but thing are getting better. As long as you do your job well everything will be fine. Love the department head they are very helpful and willing to help when needed.
Housekeeping,cashier,warehouse, assembly
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), MNMarch 19, 2015
Pros: bonus
Fun hardworking environment. I was able to meet great people. Great hours, and benefits. A very nice job. I was a Great job to have.
The workplace
Program Counselor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2015
This company is a place to work if you like working with people with mental and physical disabilities. also if your are trying to balance work and school
Headquarters