Dungarvin Employee Reviews

Drama
Residential coordinator (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 20, 2017
Lots of drama. Long hours. Always at work barely ever got to be home. They fired me because a staff lied to them. She was on drugs and never showed up for work.
A safe aand fun environment you can work in and gain experience from
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2017
A typical work day would include data entry and running programs. Getting the individuals out for a daily active and assisting them with everyday task. The hardest part of the job is the behaviors and the great part about this job is helping others who can't really help themselves.
Constant Turn Over
Residential Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNMarch 12, 2017
There was constant turn over and the management was pretty bad and unprofessional. One of the Directors made unprofessional comments to me regarding another employee.
Pros
Nice training office
Cons
Driving clients all day
Its okay
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INFebruary 28, 2017
if you are looking for a job with a set schedule, dont consider this job. I love my Program Director. She is awesome with trying to help schedule wise. They are understaffed and will ask you to work extra shifts constantly. I was promised a pay raise after training that I never recieved.
Pros
cpr certified
Cons
schedule and pay
Indianapolis buyout
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2017
I worked for this company when it was CCC, I recently got hired back on and it was the worst experience i've ever had with Home Health. The staff aren't friendly. Training was a waste of time, we sat for hours doing nothing. I worked for 2 weeks and decided to quit. my pay was 9.80 with 17 years of experience lol. This company is horrible. The clients were complaining I feel so bad for them.
Pros
ability to pick hours that suit your life
Cons
horrible pay, horrible office staff, bias workers, poor business
A horriable company that will hire anyone
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portage, INFebruary 24, 2017
I worked here as a nurse for three months. I never knew theses kind of companies existed. Basically they are taking government and or private money to set up daily care of mentally or physically challenged individuals. The over all neglect of these people is disgusting. As well as the money they are paying to health care professionals. As nurses there was no clear duty we were given. Basically have a chart filled out for this many individuals by this date and magically Dungarvin gets paid. As far as the "meaningful day " song and dance they give u well if putting people in front of a TV and feeding them fish sticks is a meaningful day then yes they did. The staff who does try to really help are normally treated badly. Poor pay poor working conditions. The management has no clue what really happens in these group homes. Honestly is an ugly business that am sure started out as a well meaning best intention service. The government needs to over see these kind of companies better or shut them down completely.
Pros
Cons
over whelmed by so many individuals who are not getting services
Overall, great place to work
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 22, 2017
Typical day changes from day to day; flexible within reason. Unique work place culture. One thing that stuck out when applying was the longevity of employees. Hardest part of the job is recruitment. The most enjoyable is working with a variety of different people.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Insurance
Stable paycheck but at what cost?
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 16, 2017
I've worked for Dungarvin for two years and from the beginning you're expected to hit the ground running. On average I work between 48 to 52 hours a week within a 4 day period with little choice in the matter. Supervisors knowingly leave shifts open weeks in advance causing staff to work 16+ hour shifts without bothering to notify the unlucky staff ahead of time. While working those long shifts don't expect to get many breaks longer than the time it takes to use the restroom, eat something or have a quick smoke. Notice how all of those are seprate events as you almost never get the time to do all 3 in one break. They do give you sick time and pto though you're lucky if you get to use it as you have to find your own coverage for both. More often than not all of your coworkers are all too fried to willing pick up more shifts. Now while we are on the subject of coworkers I'd like to point out that the while the people you'll work with a generally fun and good natured they are also lazy and under qualified as Dungarvin is so understaffed they will take anyone with a clear driving history and background. Also note that I didn't say that they needed a clean UA because the company doesn't require them. Like I questioned from the beginning it's a stable paycheck but at what cost?
Pros
The residents are truly amazing individuals that make the job bearable.
Cons
Everything else
ok place to work
team member (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 7, 2017
ok place to work, underpaid, management sucks, hours vary and you are forced to stay if someone calls off...its a job for the most part
Resident Coordinator
Resident Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNFebruary 4, 2017
Managed group home for disabled adults. Performed a variety of duties including assisting with daily living needs, making doctor appointments, providing meals plans and planning.
In home care.
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJanuary 24, 2017
I go to the group home I work at and depending on what the residents there have planned for the day I can be driving them to work, appointments, or just any outings they may want to attend. I have cleaning that I do everyday, as well as charting on the computer system they use to note how each individual has done for the shift I am working.
Great Place to work
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 20, 2017
I am a current employee that has advanced through the company from DSP to Program Director. This work can be challenging however, very rewarding. Like all jobs there is good and bad, however the good outweighs the bad. We have paid training, mileage reimbursement, and flexible scheduling.
na
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 16, 2017
wouldn't work here. management is awful, culture is awful. worst job. do not expect managers to back you up. very high turnover for this company
Work is life
Community Support Provider (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJanuary 15, 2017
You can do the bare minimum and still be mandated no matter what your life situation is like. Was living single and they took full advantage. Was able to pick up shifts but once I started showing actual intiative and working hard they had me going to group homes all over the area, even if it was a 40 minute drive to pass medications for five minutes at 6 am. Was willing to do it, and did it atleast once a week. Worked atleast 50 hours a week, and was stuck by myself for 32 hours with three consumers when the state mandated ratio is 3 to 1. Was willing to do anything for the company and did, but when my apartment complex caught on fire and I called the supervisor instead of asking, "Are you okay? Can we do anything to help?" they asked, "Can you find coverage?" So I quit on the spot.
interstig place to work.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 4, 2017
Unfortunately the training for any job other than DSP is lacking. You are just thrown into the job and figure it out as you go. There is minimal amount of teamwork.
Adequate Care home
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 17, 2016
Working at this company was very difficult. Management was very unorganized and borderline dysfunctional. They only have one or two people working in each position of management and weren't able to communicate with each other effectively. On top of this they usually didn't know very important things such as when meetings are held. It was up to each dsp to ensure that things were working well that were explicitly stated to be the job duties of upper management.
The house I worked at however, was great. They were very good to the consumers and did a good job preparing you for your job duties. I've done caregiving for a long time now and this was a refreshing position to be in, despite the poor management.
great
Program Counselor (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 15, 2016
I work for Dungarvin for two year and loved it. Had to leave due to relocation but it's a great company to work. Really appreciated the time I had with them
Home Health Care
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Portage, IN 46368November 17, 2016
It's always great to help people. The clients are cool. Many of the coworkers suck though. It's a very "dog-eat-dog" type of setup because everyone either wants more hours or wants to preserve his/her position. I was told the wrong things to do deliberately, not informed at all, or wrongfully blamed for things pertaining to clients.
Woring here gave me purpose
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Grants, NMNovember 13, 2016
Taking care of individuals with special needs gave me purpose in my work place, this type of work is my calling because I care for these people and wanted to help them and care for them to make their daily lives meaningful and fulfilled..
Pros
Family Environment
Cons
Company offered opportunities to assist individuals in their homes
Community Support Provider (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WIOctober 16, 2016
I worked one on one with a client who was hysterical. The client had a wonderful sense of humor, independence and courage. Every day was different as client was very active and enjoyed spending time in community. I guess i learned to go with the flow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dungarvin. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9