Dungarvin

Dungarvin Employer Reviews

Rewarding job that brings new and exciting challenges.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJune 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch, great management, scheduled raises, full time opportunity
Cons: no breaks, some but not many opportunities to advance in company
I once read an article that stated, if a stay-at-home mother were to get paid for all the trades and jobs she had to do in one day, she would make around $115,000 annually. Although this amount has no relevance to my current position, the tasks at hand have quite a few similarities.
I do not take care of children, but the main focus of this position – more... is to provide adequate and direct care. In one typical day, I pass many different types of medications, help with daily living activities such as showers, dressing, hygiene, and meals. I also provide one on one interaction and emotional support to the individuals that live at my place of work. All of these tasks are constantly balanced with the other tasks needed around the home such as filing paperwork, arranging appointments, attending appointments with individuals, cooking, fixing things around the home, being a personal shopper for individuals living at the home, cleaning, updating personal files, doing financial paperwork, making follow up phone calls, and always brainstorming with my problem solving skills to make every part of the home better and more efficient running, etc.
This job has remarkably sharpened my eye for detail orientation and the ability to do things as efficiently as I can. Since I personally assist with all paperwork, I have learned so much about how an office is proficiently ran and kept on schedule at all times. It has taught me so many problem solving skills and what to do in emergency situations.
I am thankful for the management Dungarvin provides. I have never had any problems with my current supervisor. She has always addressed my needs and does an amazingly thorough job. Dungarvin's management provides to all new employees an extremely detailed and extensive training program which I think is necessary for Direct Care positions. I also have no problems getting along with and working well with any of my co-workers. We work efficiently as a team.
The hardest part of my job, is not any of the tasks that I have to do, but balancing my emotions and feelings towards working with highly verbally and physically aggressive individuals with medical needs. This job requires a strong person who can keep their calm in stressful situations such as verbal and physical aggression. I need to constantly assess the situation at hand to respond professionally so I can avoid agitating individuals behaviors and remember to not take things to heart because often times the individual cannot help it and never meant to hurt your feelings. At the end of the day, the people I work with, are still people. They have good days and bad days just like anyone. It is extremely rewarding to know I have made a difference in someone's life by helping them live theirs. – less
Very Laid back job that can be stressful
Program Counselor (Current Employee), Evansville, INJune 25, 2013
I work second shift for this company. It is a waiver based company. I transport consumers and deal with medication and prepare meals. The hardest part of the job is the unconsistency. Other than that the job is ok. I love spending time with the consumers daily.
Relax work environment; self supervise.
Personal Care Associate (Current Employee), Mendota Heights, MNMay 16, 2013
Pros: hours available
Cons: expectations
* Take client on activities and write down anything you and client talk about. Work on goals, encouragement, and provide ride if needed.

* I learn CPR, First Aid, and AED procedures.

* I don't have much encounters with management. If clients has complain We (Staffs) get a call. Client not satisfy they call RC, client still not satisfy they call PD – more... and so on up the chain of command.

* Team work is needed as every shift needs to know what went on before their shift. That why each shift has to log what went on during their time.

* This is independent living. Clients do most things by them self. Hardest part has to be spending own money to buy gas to take clients out on activities.

* This job is pretty relaxing – less
Home like setting great place to work
Great people to work with (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 16, 2013
Pros: home cooked meals
Cons: didn't want to leave but started my externship.
Glade to have worked there i met alot of people that i miss all ready.
Productive and fun place to work
Residential Coordinator (Former Employee), Crystal, MNApril 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch and parking
Cons: short staff
Life changing, exciting and a jump start for my interest in mental health.
Dungarvin
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee), Evansville, INMarch 6, 2013
Pros: over time
Cons: not enough staff
AT Dungarvin I took care of handicap individuals in there home .I would cook,clean and drive them where they needed to be also give meds out .

MY management was awesome they helped in every way they could and made sure the clients were taken care of.
Co-Workers were good the onesthat showed up on time.

The hardest part of the job to me was when staff – more... did not come in on time of course you would be ready to go when it is time .I really did not mind I just liked it better when they called and let me know they were gonna be late.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping my clients in anyway I could. – less
I loved the job,but the benefits were not good.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: there was always something to do.
Cons: i would use a lot of gas for activities and compensation was very little.
A typical day would be picking up the clients from work and taking them wherever they would like to go.Administer their medicine and find activities before bed.I learned that I should not be so quick to give up on a company before a resolution to issues.The management at the time was unorganized.The job wasn't difficult at all.The most enjoyable part – more... of the job was the satisfaction of the clients.They enjoyed their activities. – less
I loved the job,but the benefits were not good.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: there was always something to do.
Cons: i would use a lot of gas for activities and compensation was very little.
high stressl
program counslor (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CADecember 6, 2012
Cons: no breaks or lunch
I would not recomend this company to any who cares about making a difference in people who are mentaly dissabled.
Good environment and clients
Program Manager (Former Employee), Portage, INNovember 30, 2012
Worked with mentally challenged kids and adults at their house. I also had to take them to their daily activities and cook their meals. The fun thing about this job is that my clients really liked me and I liked working with them also/
Works with clients with disabilities
Program Counselor (Former Employee), La Porte, INNovember 26, 2012
Pros: decent pay
Cons: company not attentive to clients like needed
Good place to work if learning values of independent living and working with clients.
Group Homes
Community Support Provider (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJNovember 18, 2012
It is a nice place to work for and it gives someone security knowing there s good people out there to help individuals with disabilities.
Productive and enjoyable.
Program Counselor (Former Employee), Evansville, INOctober 16, 2012
Pros: al ot of free time
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work, I would pick my clients up take them to go cash checks and then go back home to do a little house keeping. The clients would then get ready to go on a dinner date. After dinner the clients would come home and finish any house work, take meds and talk with staff. Management was very reliable and understanding. The most enjoyable – more... part was getting to know my clients and understanding their needs. – less
A group home that was both challenging and rewarding.
Residential Coordinator (Former Employee), Mendota, MNOctober 13, 2012
Pros: loved working with the consumers, and coworkers.
Cons: when a new supervisor comes in and decides that she doesn't like you, you don't stand a chance of keeping your job. happens a lot in this company.
Management for Dungarvin is negative. A lot expected from the employees, with little time and training to do it.
Great place
Program Counselor (Current Employee), North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 25, 2012
This place not only helps you with others but teaches you about yourself.
Did not pay me
Caregiver (Former Employee), Eugene, ORSeptember 19, 2012
I worked for this company for two months without receiving the OIS training that I was required to have or receiving a pay check. This may not be the case for everyone, but look out if you are applying for a care giving job.
The best part of the job was working with the clients.
Home Caregiver (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 17, 2012
I enjoyed working with the clients. Even though they had mental/handicap issues, I would see improvement with basic skills..