Dunham's Sports Employee Reviews

Productive and very outgoing place to work. Fun employees and great management.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNNovember 29, 2017
I enjoy going to work everyday. The managers do their very best to make sure we all understand what we are suppose to be doing, and you learn something everyday.
Pros
Outgoing environment and management.
Cons
None that come to mind.
Very unprofessional
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stocker/customer service (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GANovember 27, 2017
Poor management and unprofessional. The Hours are inconsistent , it changes every week . Always short handed . Have a very hard time keeping employees . There was lack oh communication . There was alot of customer complaints because of lack of employees and lack of management.
Okay place to work if you are young person looking for your first place to work.
Key Holder/Lead Pro Shop (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MINovember 26, 2017
I have been there two months and they promised me $12.00 and hour after my background check cleared. That was two days after I started and I still haven't received my pay raise or my back pay. I would not recommend working for Dunham's.
Pros
Health insurance if you are full time.
Cons
open on thanksgiving, low pay, long hours
Low budget discounter wants high end showroom.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 25, 2017
I keep coming back to the place for extra spending money and kick myself each time. The chain serves as some sort of ego boost for some private investors. Minimal investment in facilities. Won't part with shop worn merchandise, deliveries come in the form of semi trailer load of mixed merchandise organized in yard sale fashion. Upper management has a 'be thankful you have a job' mentality toward lower level workers.
Pros
Slightly better discount than a coupon
Good place for a little extra income
Customer Service and cashiering, holiday help (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NENovember 17, 2017
Good place to work for extra income, steady pace, non stressful, interact with all people, inventory is always stocked, employees to help in all departments
Fun Place to work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rhinelander, WINovember 16, 2017
If you know about sports or are willing to learn sports it is a fun environment to work in. You are given the opportunity to work in areas you have knowledge of and are encouraged to learn new areas
Fun Workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 11, 2017
Dunham's Sports is a fun place to work, with good management and and overall good people. It is a great place to start out if you are looking to get into retail.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay scale
Low Pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PANovember 9, 2017
I worked for Dunham's Sports in Lebanon, Pa. While it wasn't a horrible place to work, and I really enjoyed my coworkers, I wouldn't recommend working for Dunham's Sports if you intend on making money. They pay is minimum wage, the hours are low, especially during the slow-season (which is for much of the year), and there's not much of a way to get a higher pay. I left the job in May and I must say it was a great decision.
Pros
Easy work, good coworkers, laid-back
Cons
Boring, low pay, low hours, lack of advancement
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MINovember 3, 2017
Loved coming in daily to a happy and diverse team from hunters to cyclists in the backroom during our daily meetings. Had fun events and raffles held around holidays, overall excellent company
horrible work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INOctober 31, 2017
management, was super lazy they viewed there employees as property more than workers, the only benefit that i had working at dunhams was that i made good friends
Nice work place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCOctober 30, 2017
It was a good place to work at lot of opportunities to learn different things about sports hunting exercising and some and apparel clothing you also got to learn about water sports
Pros
The knowledge and learning experience
Cons
Holiday hours
Productive, relaxed, enjoyable work environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 30, 2017
The general manager was relaxed, I was eased into my responsibilities but once I got the hang of things I was it was pretty independent. Which made it easy and didn't cause any stress. Highest priority was always maintaining high customer service and satisfaction. It was one of the jobs that you didn't have to bring home with you at night, what happened at work stayed at work. The only thing you bring home is the check...
Pros
Relaxed, Basic, Simple tasks and assignments, friendly environment
Cons
Not enough hours, when there are new hires, the most recent people to join the crew get their hours cut to allow for "training" of the new hires
fun at times
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIOctober 28, 2017
Depending on which manager was working depended on who got yelled at that day, received health, dental, and vision after a year, hardest part of the job was every manager did everything different.
Fun place to work/great product mix
Assistant Store Manager/Acting Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOOctober 26, 2017
Dunham's runs on a shoe string budget. Hours for the district were no distributed appropriately at store level. For the better part of a year I was the only salaried manager and 1 of 2 sets of keys. This required me to work 70 plus hours per week for several weeks. Safety protocol for the district was very laxed. This caused lots of employee downtime due to work place injury. Company Shrink performance was poor at best. This again was due to staffing level and a strained hiring process caused by delays created by the DM.
Pros
Great employee discount program and store level team environment
Cons
Raise process, Monthly add publication provided consumer's the same level of discount as the rewards program.
Mostly slow, with other employees making uncomfortable comments
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 25, 2017
After clocking in to the cash register you were assigned to, clothing and equipment that needed to be tagged for security was done. Next, you were just waiting near your register to check out customers. There were not enough employees on the floor to assist customers. Since we were not allowed to go too far from our register, we had to call someone on our walkie-talkie to come to assist the customer. Also, many inappropriate comments were made making me uncomfortable. The pay was just above minimum wage, the weekly hours were low, and the training was inadequate.
Its okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAOctober 22, 2017
Depends though a lot of people just wont do their job then other workers have to pick up the slack for those. Not a bad enviornment though. Other workers are very nice.
Very fun place to work, Always moving, always productive but rewarding
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIOctober 20, 2017
Dunham's is a excellent place to work. Managers are fair and care about workers not just the numbers. They have high expectations but help workers get to their expectations.
Pros
Store Discount
Cons
Limited opportunity
Dunhams sports
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIOctober 18, 2017
Good people to work with, not a good place for a career.
I was a part time worker there. It was fun while i was there. The mangers where alert at times
Pros
fun work enviorment
Cons
low pay
Low Hours and Get rid of the rewards program
cashier, sales associate (Former Employee) –  Spencer, IAOctober 15, 2017
The rewards program, while it is nice for those who have it, shouldn't be forced on cashiers to continuously force it on customers who don't want it. In my store, if we didn't get any new people registered, our hours would get cut. Other than having low hours, it was a lot of fun to work there. The associates and managers were relaxed and liked to make us feel like we're a team and that we're important.
A review I didn't want to give.
Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIOctober 12, 2017
My days at work are very typical which include helping customers and completing store projects. I learned that not everything can get done in one day and that tomorrow is a new day.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Working nights and weeknds

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dunham's Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5