Dunham's Sports Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHFebruary 5, 2016
Good place to work if you want to stay busy your entire work day. the assistant managers are easy to work for, they want what's best for you
productive workplace and easy to learn
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIJanuary 18, 2016
a typical day consists of replenishing stock and customer assistance.
over the few month of working there I have learned how to merchandise stock as well as complete 4473 gun forms as well as complete back ground checks. management is a good group who look how for there employees, and the co-workers are very outgoing and very easy to get along with. I would have to say overall its a very easy job the only issue I would have with this job is it is very understaffed for the amount of work that needs to get completed.
Laid-Back atmosphere
Key Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 8, 2016
Overall it is a nice stepping stone to get oneself ready for a big box retail management career. I did all things a store manager would do, because he relies heavily on the team to get things done.
Cons
no room for growth
Don't work harder than someone that makes more money and doesn't care.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJanuary 4, 2016
It is vital to put yourself into your job as a manager. Lead by example. Being respectful of employees and customers seems to be the most important thing you can do in retail, and this company simply doesn't follow that.
Family and Friends
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 17, 2015
Dunhams has a family kind of feel to it. Its a more laid back retail experience for sure. You know what your job is and you just do it, it's really that simple.
Fun work place
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHNovember 16, 2015
Dunham's was a fun place to work but you can make any job enjoyable with the right employees and the work flow was good never felt overwhelmed.
fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 13, 2015
Fast work pace with dedicated team players. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to maximize my customer service skills as well as achieving company's goals.
Pros
fast work pace, customer service skills
Cons
no cons
Great managers, easy job, and lots of fun
Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 3, 2015
I love this job! By far the best I've had. Great work in environment. However, the pay could be better. Only received a 25 cent raise for my promotion when I was told the minimum was 40 cents. Not the best pay. That's the only downfall.
Pros
Great Managers
Cons
Bad Pay
Great place for people into sports/outdoors
Key Manager/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Angola, InOctober 21, 2015
If you like sports, Dunham's is the place for you to work! Customers come in to make sure they get the right product for their sport, so it is my job to make sure I know what they will need and lead them in the right direction. Management team is supportive and a pleasure to be a part of. It is expected that you make a certain number of emails collected from customers each day when you run the cash register, but that is commonplace at a lot of retailers now a days. The best part of the job is working alongside some wonderful people and knowing that they will do what needs to be done without being asked repeatedly.
Pros
Room for advancement, Quality products, Enjoyable environment
Cons
Short Breaks, Occasional long days (9+ hours)
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and managers.
Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIOctober 20, 2015
A typical day at work involved me operating the cash register, stocking shelves and assisting customers. I learned that data entry and being detail oriented were two very important skills to have, even when working in retail. There were projects that I was expected to complete each day and on occasion managers would present certain projects that needed to be completed. It was important to work with co-workers to achieve the best customer service possible. The hardest part of the job was unloading the freight from the truck. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers in the hunting and fishing department.
Dunhams
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 2, 2015
I enjoyed working at Dunhams, the staff was very friendly and made my job very enjoyable. I am a very outdoorsy person so i was very knowledgable when it comes to their product.
employment climent.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  saginaw MISeptember 10, 2015
Dunham was an ok place to work. But they didnt treat their employees very well. expected alot of work from a very small crew. They would let some get away with things, while others were forced to pick up the slack, or else they would lose their job.
Pros
nice hours
Cons
didnt treat all employees the same.
Over Worked and under paid
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MISeptember 8, 2015
It's like reliving high school with groups except its your workplace. If you're not with the in crowd you're a non-factor. Bottom line. Company MO is to work you to death and pay you as little as possible.

Some people are great to work with and 90% of the time those people aren't management.

Just know what you're getting yourself into before agreeing to work for this company.
Good position for young teens looking for a job.
SALES ASSOICATE (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 3, 2015
Management wasn't the best to get along. Co-workers are nice to work with. Just come in and do your work and your be fine. For minimum wage, the work you do will be a lot. Not worth it. The managers is hard to dealt with because they expect a lot from their employees and the managers are always in their office. I would not recommend this job for anyone unless you really have to get a job.
low pay high expectations
key department coordinator (Former Employee) –  Genesee countyJuly 12, 2015
I started out as a cashier. I had previous management experience and a position became open and I applied for it. There was really no training and I was thrown to the wolves. We had to come in at 5pm on thanksgiving and work 12 hours on black Friday and inventory. It is a laid back environment almost to laid back. The higher up management is more concerned about numbers instead of taking care of employees. The discount is the same as the customer discount. Actually customers receive 30% sometimes and employees get 25%. I would never want to work for Dunhams again.
Pros
hour lunches, personal days
Cons
management, training
Don't Bother With This Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 29, 2015
I have worked at several different Dunham's stores, and they all seem to run the same way. They will do the bare minimum required in order to make a dollar. They'll schedule the least amount of people so that everyone's running around like a chicken with its head cut off and not able to help all customers in the store. If things are broken, but still usable, there is no need to fix them. We had janky things - broken locks, torn extension cords (a safety issue), broken fitting rooms, etc. They don't hire people who know their department - they just hire who fits the payroll, and do not allow for training hours. It's kind of a "learn as you go" job, and you'll only know how to do it right after you do it wrong first. No one is held accountable for their inaction or lack of work ethic - in short, some people are allowed to get away with not doing their job and others are not, and have to work twice as hard. The employee discount does not work on sale items, and customers receive coupons for the same percent discount that employees get - so you really don't even need to work there to get the same discount. Also, plan to get several, "Are you the only person working right now?"s from customers because the staff likes to disappear.
Pros
laid-back atmosphere
Cons
laid-back atmosphere, no breaks if you're a cashier
Good atmosphere to work in, laid back
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJune 11, 2015
Some lifting required, get to work in all kinds of sports and activities, some lifelong friends made that started as coworkers. Work around schedule well, not going to make the big bucks but it is a discount store and they hire mostly younger high schoolers and college students so what can you expect. Great manager, learned a lot about retail and customer service.
No Room for Advancement.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vienna, WVMay 10, 2015
I have been with this company for a few years now and they are the kind of people to promise you something then act like it was never said. The people I work with (Black Shirts) are great, they are some of the best people they could have in a store like theirs, but they (management) treat us like we are just numbers, when some of us know so much more than they do themselves. They will not allow you to work more than 28 hours (only management is full time) and they will hire from outside the store before even considering a seasoned employee for the new position.
Pros
Hour Lunches ( if you work 8 hours)
Cons
No healthcare, 5 hour shifts, No Pay compensation
amazing people to work with
Warehouse Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  waterford michiganApril 23, 2015
Dunham's is a great place to work with upward advancement, i'm looking for IT job experience. i would recommend Dunham's for a job for anyone looking to get great customer service experience.
Relaxed work place
Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYApril 8, 2015
It is a great place to work. I enjoy working with the staff at Dunham's. They work with school schedules very well. They offer a safe work environment.