Dunham's Sports

Dunham's Sports Employee Reviews

amazing people to work with
Warehouse Receiving Manager (Current Employee), waterford michiganApril 23, 2015
Dunham's is a great place to work with upward advancement, i'm looking for IT job experience. i would recommend Dunham's for a job for anyone looking to get great customer service experience.
Relaxed work place
Department Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond, KYApril 8, 2015
It is a great place to work. I enjoy working with the staff at Dunham's. They work with school schedules very well. They offer a safe work environment.
Very Productive team environment place to work.
Key Department Manager (Current Employee), Wilson, NCMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, great management team, fair and stable environment
Cons: compensation
I arrive at work and unlock the facility. I prepare daily deposits, change orders, and transaport the deposits/change orders to the bank. I prepare the cash floats for the cashiers when they arrive for their scheduled shifts. I set up the stores tasks for each employee that need to be accomplished throughout the day. I open the gun doors and prepare the area for customer interactions. I complete stock transfers to other store location which includes locating all of the merchandise, scanning it into the system under the appropiate store location, boxing it up, printing out invoices, and shipping them. I assist customers with any and all of their questions regarding merchadise. I also ring the customers up when the cashiers become very busy to avoid long wait periods. I process all of the shipments and merchadise the items throughout store. I complete a daily handgun count and reconcile it in the log book. I complete proce changes. I count the daily deposits and the safe as well as make sure that every cabinet is locked. I clean the store and bathrooms and complete the store recovery process. I print the closing reports and lock up the facility.
Don't join the Loss Prevention Dept!!!
Regional LP Manager (Former Employee), USAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
The corporate LP team are the most unprofessional group of individuals I've ever worked with in LP. They are rude, the program is about 15 years behind in technology, and there is zero work/life balance. They do not care about you, only the job and you are on call 24/7. I do not recommend this job. Unless you enjoy stress and cocky middle-aged men treating you like a cockroach.
Great uplifting work environment
Team Associate (Former Employee), Coldwater, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Loved working here always something new nothing was ever the same. Would suggest this company to people where this is their first job in retail.
Productive Store Setup and Opening
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Shelby, NCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: flexible with your hours
Cons: low hours
A typical day at Dunham's originally started with store setup. Unloading freight was always a big part of our day. Once the store was complete, we had our grand opening day. Once open, we would clean, assist customers, and sell our product. Dunham's was always very big at helping customers, especially with our "20/20 rule", stating that within 20 feet of a customer or within 20 feet of them coming in, greet the person. The hardest part of the job was the sale of firearms. Tedious, but fun, I sold approximately 6 guns while working there. A long process, it consisted of filling out the government forms, calling into NICS for background check, selling the firearm, while finally taking the gun to the customers vehicle. A sale would go no quicker than 30 minutes. Although we had short breaks, they were paid and this was a plus. The only thing I did not appreciate was miss-communication in management. Assistant manager would tell someone that I was not allowed to do this, and our store manager would say I was allowed. All in all, decent place to work at. Very good for a job if you can take the small hours.
low pay, horrible work envionment
Department Coordinator with Keys (Current Employee), MichiganJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: no breaks, expensive health benefits
receive very low pay with very high expectations.. Not allowed to take breaks or lunches unless you work over 7 hours. Have minimal staff in the store. constantly belittled for not getting things done.
Co-workers are delightful.
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Benton Harbor, MIJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: the learning experiences, free range of breaks, and the social feel of co-workers.
Cons: no benefits, lack of store hours, and pay period
Always staying busy, on fast and slow days, start off day by checking the gun counter for customers in need of help, make sure that everything is clean and dusted, complete some projects as instructed by my managers, and we finish the day by making sure all cases are locked and secured as well as all doors. I have learned many different skills in this job such as time management, social skills, and adaptive to many working environments. The managers are very easy-going and lenient, but can crack down and get serious, in general they are very good, and I enjoy all of them. My co-workers and I are basically one big family, everyone is willing to work together as a whole and we all talk outside of work as well. The hardest part of this job is working with customers who have not a clue of what they want, and who constantly question my knowledge of my department. Even though helping these customers is hard, they are also the most enjoyable part of the job, talking with them and learning about their stories helps me help them find what they are looking for.
Productive Workplace
Associate (Current Employee), Moundsville, WVDecember 4, 2014
Pros: 1 hour break.
Cons: not enough workers, not enough hours
I learned more about customer service. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with multiple customers and not enough workers. The most enjoyable part of my job are my wonderful co-workers.
Time demanding.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Waterford, MINovember 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: hours, lack of compensation.
I have learned a lot during my time at Dunham's Sports, working my way up from a Sales Associate to an ASM. They taught me organization skills, leadership skills, as well as my problem solving skills.
As a college student, balancing my personal life, school life, and work life has been incredibly difficult. Although Dunham's has created a good life for me and has given me many opportunities, the demanding hours and inconsistent schedule has taken it's toll.
Geat Place to Work!
Cashier (Former Employee), Findlay, OHNovember 21, 2014
I loved management. Was a fun place to work. You meet alot of different people.
Not bad for a part time
KDC (Former Employee), Crawfordsville, IndianaNovember 12, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: pay....experienced management.
Constantly short staffed. Management was very junior and lacked actually experience managing staff. Resources were undervalued and there was no respect for policy and procedure. Store manager would not have had to quit if he showed respect for policy and procedure and listened to his people.
Can be a fun place when not pushed to the limit by upper management
Store Manager (Current Employee), Portage, MINovember 11, 2014
typical retail management. expected to work long hours for minimal pay.
Fun staff to work with but boring job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hannibal, MONovember 9, 2014
Folding shirts and organizing shelves is most of the job. During the week few customers and it gets slow. The co-workers are friendly and fun to work with.
horrible company
Department Coordinator (Current Employee), ohioOctober 25, 2014
the upper management is non existent. dm is a horrible person with no grip on reality. treats employees like garbage...
Challenging multi-faceted environment
Associate (Current Employee), Spencer, IAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: very flexible with scheduling, fun co-workers
Cons: wages aren't competitive, breaks are inconsistent
Ask every customer you see if they are finding everything alright, and direct them if needed. Assist in various areas of the store. The associates are knowledgeable and are used as resources to answer all questions. Children are often the hardest part of being an associate because of their moods change quickly. But when a customer relays that this was one of the best shopping experiences they've had that brings a smile to my face and I know they will return to shop here.
Fun job with excellent assortment of customers
Manager/Key Department Coordinator (Former Employee), Muskegon, MISeptember 20, 2014
Pros: excellent merchandise discount
Cons: the schedule was not very friendly to workers who have children at home
A typical day as a manager consists of a great deal of handling money and customer complaints and requests. Working in a sporting goods store, the customer base was very assorted and that was my favorite part of the job. Working with people and being able to make someone's day is very important to me. Moving up from cashier to manager taught me a lot about authority and decision making. I absolutely loved my co-workers, and I also really liked the upper-management most of the time, but I did work under several different people. Each person had a different teaching style and I learned a lot from each.
Fun place to work, but not enough staff on hand.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rome, GAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: long breaks, nice co-workers
Cons: rude managers, staying late past shift hours every night.
Good environment to work in but management is harsh to all employees and treat them with no respect. Under-staffed business with not enough shift hours. Unloading big trucks and sorting through the merchandise was probably the hardest part of the job.
Dunhams
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 15, 2014
Great career builder. Fun place to work and gain experience.
Just another part time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Zanesville, OHJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great discounts, flexibe schedules
Cons: bad upper management
Fine individual store crew. HORRIBLE regional managers that are completely out of touch with daily issues of a store. As store is expanding, customer support options are improving.

1 2 3 4

About Dunham's Sports

It's all about athletic leisure at Dunham's Athleisure. The company's Dunham's Sports stores sell sporting goods through more – Read more

Dunham's Sports Salaries