Big Data Engineer/Architect (Consultant)
US (Preferred California or Orlando Area desired, but open to remote locations)
$100-140K base plus variable bonus
My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the Professional Services Big Data Competence Center. As part of center, this individual will work on innovative Big Data Analytical Solutions for my client’s customers. The right candidate for this position is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively.
- Implement Hadoop, NoSQL, and related Business Analytics applications for internal and external projects.
- Develop reference Hadoop and NoSQL solutions.
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments, and make recommendations to optimize performance.
- Work closely with sales and consulting teams to ensure rapid response to technical questions relating to customer solutions.
- Develop Business Analytics Proof-of-concept (POC)/Solution Pilots for internal and external projects.
- Create technical documentation, including best practices, white papers and solution blueprints for Business Analytic solutions utilizing Big Data.
- Takes initiative to explore software at code level and contribute to open-source development.
- At least 2 years hands-on implementation of big data solutions involving several of the following technologies: Hadoop MapReduce, HBase, Pig, Hive, Impala, MongoDB, Cassandra, Storm, or Kafka
- Experience implementing and productionalizing ETL processing on large amounts of structured and unstructured data using various big data technologies and traditional RDMS.
- Working knowledge of Parallel Processing (Distributed or multithreaded application development)
- Experience with benchmarking and performance tuning big data environments that includes NoSQL technologies and Hadoop application.
- 2-3 years experience with database application development tools, standards and languages including JAVA, SQL, and web services.
- 2-3 years experience working with server side Java software development.
- 2-3 years experience working with core infrastructure technologies such as operating systems (Linux, Windows), application servers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss), relational and analytical databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Vertica, Greenplum), and networking (HTTP/SSL/load balancing)
- At least 1 year of experience working with business intelligence and data integration tools and development processes such as dimensional modeling.
- Experience with AWS and clustering virtual machines.
- Nice to have experience in data analytics, algorithms, data mining, and machine learning with big data technologies.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communications skills with a collaborative attitude Superior listening, speaking, presentation and writing skills
- Self-directed with the ability to manage simultaneous projects/work tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to set and manage client expectations and to negotiate appropriate resolutions to issues
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Position requires the ability to travel up to ten (10) days per month
Indeed - 8 months ago