Dunkin' Brands Employee Reviews

Found 5,440 reviews matching the search
Faced paced and friendly customers that were regulars.
Coffee Barista (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMarch 23, 2016
Early days would start off fast since customers are looking to start their day with our fresh brewed coffee and espresso drinks. Learned a lot about customers likes and dislikes since we had many regular visitors. Co-workers were always willing to help in time of need. The hardest part of the job was being able to quickly multi-task and make the product with quality results for the customers. Enjoyed the relationships I built with my co-workers.
Pros
Great about providing benefits and raises at the workplace.
Cons
Some management was a downfall here.
Management expect to much
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 30, 2016
The managers expect you to know everything the first day and almost always had to pay for your mistakes either with deducted pay or for doing more work. my coworkers are nice people but taught me wrong so i needed to relearn from the managers and morning shift leaders what we where told the uniform isnt what they want and you needed to pay for your uniform out of pocket the first day and the pay wasnt good just above minimum wage with the unlikely hood of pay raise and some of my coworkers spoke broken english with heavy accents from other areas so it was difficult to understand them and some of them where shift leaders so that made complete task more difficult and there is poor sanitation requirements and safety concerns we would be grabbing hot sandwiches with paper thin glove that we where supposed to reuse.
Pros
free food
Cons
everything else
Will not ever return to work for them again
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 27, 2016
I worked for this specific franchise for a few years and it overall was a huge disappointment. When I first started it was a great job and I loved the work environment, but as time passed and I moved up in rank the flaws within this particular franchises' management unveiled. The lack of care was probably the worst offense of all, on top of that I never received the pay rate I was promised and they constantly dodged my concerns or inquiries. They were very lazy, cut corners, and had unrealistic expectations for the employees and stores. I have never felt so unappreciated, or unhappy to be somewhere before. And this is only the tip of the iceberg. All in all, I would NEVER return here, nor recommend anyone to work for them specifically.
Pros
Days I did not have to work
Cons
Management in the company, unrealistic expectations, pay rate, opportunity for job advancement
Provided a great entry level management foundation with a fun work environment
Shift leader (Current Employee) –  Belle Vernon, PAMarch 20, 2016
Working at Dunkin' Donuts was a great learning experience and a good place to start out in a lower level management position. A typical day at work included exemplary customer service, preparing bank deposits, balancing the bank, preparing food/ drinks for guests, counting inventory and managing the staff. I had incredible co-workers who were always willing to step up and help out with other responsibilities throughout the store. The hardest part of the job would be providing quick and efficient customer service while being short staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job would be my co-workers, they were always personable, happy, and made the work day more exciting.
Pros
very flexible schedules
Cons
no benefits
Enjoyed working with crew, and getting to know customers
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Effort, PAApril 3, 2016
I really have enjoyed my time at Dunkin' Donuts. The management was amazing at this store, and once you got use to the job it became second nature. This job really is about working together in a environment where speed and accuracy is key. The most important thing is making the customers happy. I do wish the company would have given us some benefits aside from 10% off on drinks and food when we were working and only 15 minute breaks, but what can you do. I mean other than that it was a pretty enjoyable job. Especially the fact that we got paid every week instead of bi-weekly.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
short breaks, pay was OK
Hard work with little pay, not a friendly environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYDecember 18, 2015
Typical day at work: Very busy, always short-handed, and the customer service is not very satisfying because of the lack of workers.

What I learned: fast food is not my strong suit, but customer service is.

Management: selfish, not very concerned about their workers, unprofessional, hard to get along with, and rude to customers.

My Co-Workers: They work hard for little praise, too much drama, very immature

The hardest part of the job: The physical work

The most enjoyable part of the job: helping and satisfying the customers.
Pros
Free drinks and helping customers
Cons
Not enough pay for the labor put into each day
Poor training
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 8, 2016
Was hired as a restaurant manager for a drive thru store. They placed me in a non drive thru, I had to request to train where I would receive the most knowledge. After 3 weeks, 1,5 of those working crew positions, they asked me to go pick up product from another store, which when I arrived, they informed me was now my store. I never received training on their scheduling program, or how to place a food order...I basically winged it, and used my experience from previous employment to get me through.
They do not let you interview or hire your own staff, which I felt was a little odd.
I was very disappointed with the whole experience. I thought that since Dunkin is such a huge company, they would have a better training program for management.
Im all about food cost, but they expect everyone to pay full price for every cup of coffee they drink, yet, we thru away pot after pot every 12 minutes..treat employees like they matter!!
Pros
you don't stink when you leave for the day
Cons
poor training, poor comp/benefits
good company poor managment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMarch 30, 2016
too much personal life over work life. very unprofessional. poor management style not much emphasis on the employee. great pay not much as far as benefits go. good place to start and grow just a very distracting environment.
It was my first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ashland, MAFebruary 29, 2016
Great first job to show me what working hours feel like the management was alright but the people i worked with were great.
I learned the basics of a working mans life and what needs to be done for tasks to get completed and even if the jobs not important it still means something.
Pros
Great environment, Fun work place
Cons
No benefits and long hours/ Not alot of employees
Fun work place
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wexford and Cranberry, PAApril 2, 2016
It was fun to make coffee and donuts. Alot of training. Staffing issues at every store. Benifits were very expensive. Long hours as a manager with no breaks. The duties for a Manger were overwelming very high Manager turn over rate. Loved the customers and the staff. But I feel the district managers should treat their employees with more compassion and respect.
Over all I loved working here and grew to enjoy the customers and my fellow co workers.
Pros
Training and Pay
Cons
No Breaks Over worked

Want to know more about Dunkin' Brands?

Ask a question
Good for young adults still in high school
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Troy, NY 12180February 8, 2016
I have worked at dunkin donuts for various years when im out of work for the trade i am in. When i was younger it was a good stepping stone to get by and pay minimal bills i have had. As an adult of 27 years, i found that anyone with a real life(car payments,phone payments,rent, other bills etc.), at the least struggle immensely due to the lack of compensation and zero benefits. All of the managers i had worked for in the past were all fired and charged for stealing from the store, and the most recent manager was a young unprofessional who would leave her store to get high, dated a night crew employee which is not allowed but somehow no one has done anything about it and when i told her the store at night might need an extra hand she told me to forget about it and if i didnt like it i could f***ing leave. So to put in layman's terms: This Job Blows.
Pros
Ive found no pros at all here, only stress and disrespect for human nature
Cons
No benefits, extremely low pay, poor work environment, drama
Honest Review
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers Shores, FLMarch 21, 2016
To start, if you live with your parents, or live with someone and you don't have any major bills or children to take care of, then this might be the job for you. Reason is that you will start at $8.05 or $8.50 to start for the next three months. You do not get any benefits to start. This should be made clear when hiring people into the position, but it is not.

For better of worse, the managers do try to train you, but due to either it being really busy up front or other forces out of everyones control, your training will be cut to five hours (if that) for the week when it comes to learning how to run the back of the house (which is highly important to learn if you want someone to run their own store). Learning by alternating the back of the house one day & the front of the house the next day would help with the learning process but that style has not been implemented.

The bottom line is this, a new company is taking over the Dunkin brand and everything is in a major flux. Quite a few managers have either quit, been fired or will be fired since my month in the company. This is not a good sign. Especially since quite a few of the stores are now grossly understaffed.
Pros
Those in charge are good people.
Cons
Training needs work.
Dunkin' Donuts was a stressful place due to poor appreciation of employee's
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILNovember 17, 2015
I have worked at Dunkin' for three years, and out of the three years I have never been mistreated so badly. I have only had one other job before Dunkin' Donuts, but was never treated like this. The management was poor and employees are treated horribly. It was also impossible to get a raise. After three years of begging for a raise because I felt I had advanced skills over my coworkers I was told raise's are not a question. Also I had been attending a county college and was "punished" with horrible working hours because my schedule was not open.
Pros
Free Donuts
Cons
Poor management & under appreciation of the employee's
Fun workplace
Front line (Former Employee) –  East Ridge, TNApril 1, 2016
I loved working at Baskin Robbins I would work for Baskin Robbins again but, I would work by myself a lot the location wasn't that great and the management was horrible would not work at the same location again.
Pros
Had a blast making desserts and taking care of customers
Cons
working alone, work weekends, no insurance, no benefits
Had some very good coworkers, we would plan activities outside of the work place.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 15, 2016
It was a very good work place, and found it most rewarding and challenging dealing with the public. But it always felt great to put a smile on someones face.
Pros
Interactin with many different people of different cultures
Cons
It wAsnt my ideal of a career.
Dunkin Donuts Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 11, 2016
The pay was good, but the management was terrible. You weren't allowed any breaks and they always felt the need to discipline their employees. The co-workers were alright but very lazy. If I didn't carry all the weight of the job, they would complain and try to get me fired. But overall, if the management, staffing, and policies were improved, it would be a great company.
Difficult, Crowded, and Unpleasant Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bourne, MAMarch 24, 2016
A typical day at work starts as soon as I get out of school at 1400. As soon as I get to work, I clock in and start to make coffee give or take 2 minutes to put my belongings at the break table. I spend about four hours on my feet, racing between taking orders and filling coffees. By the end of my shift, my back is sore, and I am extremely tired, only to have to go home and spend a couple hours on homework. The management isn't the best, and if you request a day off the management staff look at it in spite and typically won't work you for the next week. The hardest part of the job in my opinion would be the fact that we are over-staffed, but we still keep hiring more people and cutting everyone's hours when some of us are already struggling to make enough money to support ourselves with MULTIPLE jobs.
Pros
Free Coffee, Free Donuts
Cons
No breaks on shifts under 5 hours, unpleasant manager, no break room.
Fun and enjoyable workplace, wonderful co-workers.
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gansevoort, NYMarch 24, 2016
I enjoyed working for Dunkin Donuts and Toys R Us, i enjoyed working with customers as well employees.
It was a fast pace energetic atmosphere, I got along great with management/ employees as well as the District Manager and the owner.
Pros
Excellent hours
Cons
No health Ins/benefits
You'll become a family
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2016
A typical day will start with me opening the store for the day. Safe Verification then the daily shift plan for the crew members. I do the store's daily financial paperwork and deposit reports. I continue to run the shift and handle customer complaints... if any.

I've learned to be a leader and how to think on my feet, solving any problem that would present itself.

Management... depends on your location. Its what to be expected of a minimum wage job.

Very easy job, you just have to have the right manager to make your day run smoothly. Its the difference between having a really good easy day with the crew and having a really bad easy day with the crew. Management can make your day horrible or great. Again it depends on your location

Once you get used to your crew, you'll become a family. You see each other almost everyday. You'll spend most of your time with your crew members. I love the people I work with.
Pros
Dunkin Donuts works around your schedule
Cons
Healthcare and Management
Poor Management
Store Manager/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2016
A lot of confusion in the company to many chiefs and not enough indians also management was poorly trained in all stores and areas also paid employees the lowest income available and always found something to not give a raise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dunkin' Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8