Dunkin' Brands
2,797 reviews

Dunkin' Brands Employer Reviews

Good "inbetween" job
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Ames, IAJanuary 20, 2015
Each day certainly had its routine - the store must always be prepared for customers in the same way daily. In addition to learning the use of basic food service machinery, I learned how to delegate tasks to co-workers while supporting them as their manager. The management was largely hands-off, checking in periodically to ensure that all tasks were being completed satisfactorily. With the high employee turn-over rate, the constant training of new workers became frustrating. I enjoyed filling coffee/drink orders the most, since they were always unique. Greeting customers and forming relationships with the 'regulars' was also very fun!
hard
Professional baker (Former Employee), Forty Fort, PAJanuary 20, 2015
The job was very hard and too much heavy lifting. Very long hours. Not enough pay for the work that was done.
One of my favorite jobs ive had:)
Crew member (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at Dunkin Donuts was a mixture of laughs and work. I was usually on the drive -thru. Here I better learned how to handle my cash register and different techniques. I learned many different combinations of flavor for drinks to share with my customers. Management had a minor rough patch with a high turn over. But I enjoyed working with all my bosses. My co-workers were always fun to be around. we all worked well together. Like a little bee hive, we had our small jobs that all mattered in a great way. The hardest part of this job, was having to leave it. I had to dedicate my hours to my externship for school and could no longer give my hours to my work place. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be interacting with such a broad range and variety of customers. Being right next to the airport you have many different characters coming in. I enjoyed that. Also, I had the best boss in the world. We still stay in contact. He was always so helpful and hard working.
It was the worst.
Front counter/Drive-thru Clerk (Former Employee), Ilion, New YorkJanuary 20, 2015
Training was all on the computer. Not flexible at all. Horrible hours and the managers sucked.
Great Managers, Great Food,
Cashier - Stickney (Former Employee), Oak Lawn, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free food, awesome managers/owners
Bring out product for fresh slicing, bake break, run cash registers, worked on the grill & slicer machine. The entire environment was relaxed and fun, the food is amazing and the staff couldn't have been a better second family.
Fun and fast paced job
Crew Member - Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robins (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free donuts and coffee
Cons: minimum wage, and lack of professionalism
A typical day consisted of making Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins beverages, snacks, and meals for customers in the lobby and in drive-thru.
I learned how to appropriately interact with one time and frequent customers of all ages and backgrounds. I learned how to use coffee related equipment like espresso machines. I learned how to properly clean cooking utensils and appliances. And the most important, I learned what it takes to make a business run smoothly, and that is team work.
My coworkers varied from high school students to parents and even management, all coming from different backgrounds. I enjoyed experiencing different shifts and what each shift entails.
The hardest part of the job was working with people who did not abide by the Dunkin Brand policies, whether they were crew members or part of management.
The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming friends with the other employees that were fun to work with and trying to make my job enjoyable.
Very Busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Justice, ILJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: oppertunity for overtime.
Cons: no breaks.
A typical day was standing at a cash register assisting customers with purchasing meals and or beverages. This job wasn't the most exciting but it did develop problem solving skills within. The hardest part of this job was having to work around not being supplied with all the things you needed to have a sufficient day.
Productive, fast pace workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee), Basking Ridge, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches, co-workers
Cons: short breaks, compensation
We serve the customer, take their order, process their order by getting their drink or getting their donuts or food, hand their order to them and tell to have a nice day/night. Different parts of the day you do different things; in the morning you mostly tend to the customers or stock the supplies that the employees use, in the afternoon our main job is to tend to the customers, stock supplies in the store, and prep/clean the store for the next day.

I've improved my customer service skills and communication skills. In this job you have work fast but efficiently to process the customer's order and have get on their way in a smooth manor.

At our store we've switched out with different managers at the store, so we've seen some good and bad managers come and go. Sometimes the managers don't work their job properly and that makes our job hardly to work with each other and with the customers.

Your co-workers is a big part of the job because in order to work you to get along with, but each person has their own views and you have to appreciate them. I get along with my co-workers pretty well.

It gets boring in the afternoon sometimes the morning, so it can be hard to keep yourself occupied throughout your shift when may or may not have stuff to do.
Fast paced, and friendly!
Crew member/ Shift Manager (Former Employee), Dorchester, MAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: noisy drive thru
Took orders for coffee and sandwiches at the register and the drive-thru. Provided service in a timely, accurate, and friendly way. Cleaned took temperatures, followed safety precautions, and sanitary measures as necessary. My co-workers were friendly and hardworking. The hardest part of my job was taking orders on the drive thru because the main street is located next to the speaker, and it was noisy. I enjoyed the customers, they were the best part of my day.
nice place to learn
Dunkin Donuts cashier, coffee maker (Current Employee), Amityville, NYJanuary 19, 2015
I learned a lot of customer service.
the managment was ok , i got along well
we made a good team together
im looking for another job
i'm very reliable respecful and i love learning new things
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, CTJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: i'm oriented, hard worker
Cons: dont like liars
i enjoy working with diffrent customers,i enjoy working and learning new things
fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), whitesboroJanuary 19, 2015
you can have a lot of fun here but its a fast paced environment so if that isn't something youre into, this is not the place for you
Fast paced coffee shop
store manager of the Marlton location (Former Employee), Marlton, NJJanuary 18, 2015
Running a fast paced Dunkin' Donuts is hard work, which I love to work hard, but was not appreciated by the franchise I represented.
poorly ran
Maintenance (Former Employee), Dickson City, PAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: free coffee
always had to watch behind your back because someone was always trying to stab you in it.
The Hard Part
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: half off employee meals
Cons: management
The hardest part about working for Dunkin Brands is the management staff. They keep their personal feelings too involved in work related issues. On top of it all, I have a manager who says he hates kids so you can imagine the things I went through when I had to call out because one of my kids were sick. It's ridiculous.
Worked for Baskin Robbins and Experienced Sleezy, Untrustworthy Manager/Owner
Customer Service Employee (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: good learning experience, you get a paycheck, good customer service experience
Cons: poor management, sometimes have unclear work expectations, manager does not trust his employees, can be a negative working environment
A usual day consisted of either closing or opening the store and working to finish chores and daily requirements quickly while helping customers. Typically, if there is a low-level of customer activity and you passed your probationary period, you will work alone, even at night.

I learned more about the value of hard work and responsibility, I increased customer service skills, and learned how to work harder under pressure more effectively. I learned a lot about the traits of good and bad management and how to lead well by example. I learned the value of being a friendly peer to my co-workers.

The manager would not usually visit the store. He seems very nice but often uses poor business practices that are ethically questionable, if not wrong altogether. There was a time that he insisted that his staff sell cakes that were spoiled even after a couple customers complained about how bad they were.

My co-workers were friendly but, unfortunately, many of them often tended towards a dog-eat-dog mentality because of low job security provided by this job. Some of my co-workers unfortunately reverted to negative gossip and backstabbing.

The hardest part of this job is working under pressure and knowing that if you mess up you have a chance of getting fired, even if you were not aware of your mistake.

The best part of this job was working with co-workers and accomplishing personal daily goals.
fun work place
Assistant Manger (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: free food, drinks, party
Performed all daily requirements for opening and closing the store , which included balances cash drawers during shift changes. Accustomed to working with a diverse customer population . Received and processed weekly inventory shipments and reviewed corresponding log sheets . Assisted in all aspects of Customer care with regards to store transactions . Assisted manager with preparing employee work schedules .
Great company to work for
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Presque Isle, MEJanuary 17, 2015
I loved this job I learned so much from my manager and eventually I became assistant manager. I have learned that with this company if you are willing to work there is always room for advancement.
It was okay
Dunkin Donuts (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good management
Cons: co-workers
I enjoyed my time there. people was really nice my manager was so great. The people at times were hard to deal with at times but the managers and assistant mangers were really good at scheduling and handling situation.
Nice people good place
Crew Member/Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Westport, MAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: nice people, free coffees, and donut
Cons: not many hours
When I first started working it was not so bad a typical day at Dunkin would be cleaning up the work area, greeting customers and taking and making their orders, also it involved stocking shelves making sure we had enough cups,lids,straws,napkins and etc. After working there for a while I made friends and had an over all pretty ok experience, just the hours were not enough and the pay.

About Dunkin' Brands

Doughnuts and ice cream make sweet bedfellows at Dunkin' Brands Group. The company is a leading multi-concept quick-service restaurant¬†franchisor – Read more