Dunkin' Brands Employee Reviews

Productive and average place to work.
Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAOctober 9, 2012
I would arrived at 6::30 AM and setup equipment that was required by the culinary departments to perform their testing and development of new products. From 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM I would work on my projects attend project meetings, assist in lab testing, solving franchisees equipment issues over the phone. I was working several proprietary new equipment development projects and conduct lab testing on proposed new equipment.

During my 6-1/2 years learned that coffee was a science and not just ground beens and hot water. I learned the art of tasting the difference between an excellent cup and bad cup of coffee. I learned
all there was to know about beverage brewing and dispensing equipment.

I respectfully decline to express my observations and opinions of management. I had seven managers in 6-1/2 years and all had different management styles. I can tell you this, one manager said I should think about retiring, one told me the reason I was not promoted was that they were afraid I would retire and one was downright rude.

I got along very well with all my co-workers and respected their abilities and talents as they did mine.

There was not a hard part of my job, I am an engineer and thrive on uncertainties and unexpected problems.

The moat enjoyable part of my job was being able to work with suppliers on the development of new equipment, working with the culinary team and learning from them the aspects of new product development. Being able to work hands on with equipment. Visiting stores and setting up equipment and finally working with my peers.
Pros
free coffee & ice cream, purchase by the pound at discounted rate.
Cons
lack of advancement
My Job
Assistant (Current Employee) –  PRAugust 2, 2012
A normal day of work I am attending public and give an excelent costumer service. I also give directions to a group of emploees to follow the goals of the company.
Pros
time of working
Only a good place to work if you want to make others rich
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 2, 2012
Horrible for the fact that you have to deal with franchisees who only care about their bottom line, and not their product, people, or the overall brand's health. Very cut throat senior management who are only concerned about their payday, and not running a company that will be healthy long term. As a result of this, people are scared of their job security, and will turn on you in a heart beat... This is such a shame, as it appears to be a fun brand on the surface!!!
Pros
free coffee
Cons
everything else
Dunkin Brands
Vice President of Operations and Development (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTMarch 29, 2012
Great company with
-strong sales
- Good managment
- great franchises
Pros
# 7 in the restautant industry
Cons
turn over at the top of the company