Dunkin' Brands Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,283 reviews matching the search
it was an alright experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hanson, MAOctober 22, 2015
i worked there for pretty much 2 years. no raise and they had me at times doing management material. good for experience but not the best job in the world.
Pros
we could make food or eat a donut and make coffee and tips were alright
Cons
managment was not up too date not enough training between manager and staff.
A managable job
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 18, 2015
I loved the fast paced environment working for dunkin donuts. We worked as a team, there was a good routine and nice staff and management. I loved the customers and the atmosphere
Pros
You learn alot pertaining to customer service and preparing food
Cons
no full time work or benefits
Very good coffee
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 9, 2016
Dunkin is great just because of the overtime other than that it isnt that great of a job, unless youre a high school or college student.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
no benefits
fast paced work place with fun environment
Cashier/crewmember (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 19, 2015
A typical day would be going through the morning rush witch was always fun, everyday was a new opportunity for our store team to improve our morning drive thru speed. we would break down drive thru do some cleaning. afternoon shifts were also a challenge with about two employees working this shift we had to do everything from prepaing food and drinks, attending front counter and drivethru, doing dishes , cleaning, and counting/stocking merchandise. management is awesome easy to get along with but strict at the same time.
Pros
20% employee discount
Cons
No breaks/low salary
Difficult, Crowded, and Unpleasant Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bourne, MAMarch 24, 2016
A typical day at work starts as soon as I get out of school at 1400. As soon as I get to work, I clock in and start to make coffee give or take 2 minutes to put my belongings at the break table. I spend about four hours on my feet, racing between taking orders and filling coffees. By the end of my shift, my back is sore, and I am extremely tired, only to have to go home and spend a couple hours on homework. The management isn't the best, and if you request a day off the management staff look at it in spite and typically won't work you for the next week. The hardest part of the job in my opinion would be the fact that we are over-staffed, but we still keep hiring more people and cutting everyone's hours when some of us are already struggling to make enough money to support ourselves with MULTIPLE jobs.
Pros
Free Coffee, Free Donuts
Cons
No breaks on shifts under 5 hours, unpleasant manager, no break room.
very organized place to work in. Customers and co workers are great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 23, 2015
This was a fun job to work at as well.
All the customers were very nice.
My co workers were very outgoing and dependable.
Always had a positive and up beat attitude.
We did whatever we could to enjoy the job as well as make time go by faster.
The hardest part of the job was doing inventory.
Pros
benefits, fun co workers, organized, communication and positive vibes
Cons
inventory
A great to place to work for.
I assist customers in preparing their orders (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDFebruary 19, 2016
Working for Dunking Doughnuts was a good experience as well as meeting and greeting customers. For every customers is not as pleasant as we would want them to be. But having to have experience of dealing with the public, on the phone as well as personal, I find to be a rewarding experience. I will be a very good candidate for a position in your company. I am a diligent worker, who works well under any pressure. Have no problems assisting in other departments where and when needed. I am a team player who believes in helping out her co-workers when also needed. I am reliable, and get along with others very well. I am not the perfect person who has the perfect life, but I will work hard to prove that I am the perfect individual to hire.
You'll become a family
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2016
A typical day will start with me opening the store for the day. Safe Verification then the daily shift plan for the crew members. I do the store's daily financial paperwork and deposit reports. I continue to run the shift and handle customer complaints... if any.

I've learned to be a leader and how to think on my feet, solving any problem that would present itself.

Management... depends on your location. Its what to be expected of a minimum wage job.

Very easy job, you just have to have the right manager to make your day run smoothly. Its the difference between having a really good easy day with the crew and having a really bad easy day with the crew. Management can make your day horrible or great. Again it depends on your location

Once you get used to your crew, you'll become a family. You see each other almost everyday. You'll spend most of your time with your crew members. I love the people I work with.
Pros
Dunkin Donuts works around your schedule
Cons
Healthcare and Management
Co-workers made the job
Dunkin Donuts Crew Member/ BP gas attendent (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 25, 2016
Everyday was the same, which wasn't a problem. Go in, make people their order and go about your day. The most difficult part was the 9pm-5am shift. Preparing about 100 to 150 dozen donuts wasn't the most difficult part, but just juggling that, the other baked goods, and helping customers was a little hectic on a busy night. The Most enjoyable part of that job was the co-workers. I have formed some strong bonds with people that will carry throughout my life, and aside from could-be-better management, those co-workers made me enjoy it. From the job at Dunkin/BP, I learned how to trouble shoot registers and Point of sales systems when they inevitably crash, how to manage my time on a shift with limited resources, and how to handle customers that are a little less than friendly.
Pros
Unlimited coffee
Cons
scheduling didn't make sense
Great Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 21, 2015
Great job, wished of wage raises though. It' great for students still in high school. Management was very awesome to work with
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Rude Customers

Want to know more about Dunkin' Brands?

Ask a question
This place is a trap!
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  255 Meadow Drive, North Tonawanda, NYAugust 16, 2015
There's very little to no room for advancement, management treats you like your property, people often don't work well with each other, and the employees don't get nearly as much as they should for the amount of work you're responsible for. Overall this job left a bad taste in my mouth and I will never have respect for dunkin donuts.
Pros
Works well with a college schedule
Cons
disorganized, lazy employees, bad managment, high expectations with minimum benefits, very stressful working environment
Fun, hard, difficult but was a great job for me
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PAAugust 16, 2016
Though I loved my job at Dunkin', there were times I dreaded coming to work and that was a constant feeling I had for months. But,my co-workers made that harder for me. I did my job, I waited on people, I occasionally cooked, I did counts for the donuts, I cleaned, I did drive-thru, I did almost everything at, at least once. The management was horrible. My co-workers were awful people and they didn't train me that well. Hardest part of my job was satisfying my customers, though I wasn't the one making their food. Another hard part was cleaning the entire store because I made one simple mistake, I got punished for it. The part I enjoyed the most was my one co-worker who made coming to work so much better, making great coffee for my customers, making some decent money, and learning all the great things about coffee.
Pros
free donuts, great coffee, money
Cons
co-workers, not trained properly, the shifts
Fast paced workplace with heavy influx of customers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 29, 2016
In a typical day of work at this particular dunkin donuts franchise i was placed in the food prep station and i learned a lot about how to effectively communicate with the customers as just regular people the manager was tough on everybody which made for a very fast paced work environment, even during the slow hours but this type of management style did bring me closer to my co workers because we had to work together effectively and quickly to deal with it. the hardest part of the job was that sometimes there was a very long order list and it complicated things in the back and the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to and being friendly with the customers.
Pros
fast paced job experience
Cons
no breaks, not the best managment
Great Managment!
Customer Service/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, MAJune 28, 2016
Dunkin Donuts is a great starting job. With opportunities to move up in the company, they teach you things other than just your typical food service rules. They teach you to be kind, and thoughtful of each persons day and feelings. With being a coffee shop, you tend to be the first person your customers interacts with each day. Employees are reminded daily how much of an impact they make on just one persons day, which is a great life lesson. Dunkin Donuts helped mold me into the great adult I am between responsibility, hard-work, and thoughtfulness of others. By far my most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with customers, and the bond you build stronger each day with others over a cup of coffee. Not to mention, the management within the franchises is absolutely wonderful!
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Short Breaks
Fast-paced exciting place to work especially the Dunkin Donuts that get tips
Server / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAAugust 10, 2016
]A typical day would be counting the register taking customer orders, ringing them out at register, maintain a clean working and customer area. Stock products that are running out, count register at end of shift prepare and rotate foods for the next day. Sweep and mop and clean bathrooms Also make sure everything is stocked for the next shift.Most enjoyable being able to memorize my customers orders and see how happy it makes them to have their orders ready. Management was helpful, and hardest part would have to be throwing away all the food when closing when the food can go to someone who needs it. Most co-workers made a good team.
Pros
Tips and free food.
Cons
Smelling like Coffee after work.
Fast paced, drama filled, not worth the pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Forty Fort, PAJuly 12, 2016
Favoritism, DRAMA!!! The pay is laughable for the amount of work demanded. The children working there run amok when not closely monitored. Raises are almost identical even if you are the best and worst employees. Management is overworked and underappreciated. Shift Leads are no where near responsible enough to be role models let alone be in charge of anyone. Very catty, high school like atmosphere with plenty of workers expecting to be paid for standing and doing nothing. No discipline so not to hurt anyone's feelings. Unless there was a complete overhaul of the staff at the FORTY FORT location, I highly doubt the poor morale, low pay, ridiculous upper level management demands and terrible employee relations has changed. STAY AWAY AT ALL COST.
Pros
free drinks if in your own refillable container, 50% off food UP TO $5
Cons
the staff hates each other, owners hate the staff, promotions by favoritism not ability
Easy work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Southbury, CTJuly 6, 2015
I started as an employee and worked my way up to Assistant Manager. I put in payroll and money in the safe after counting it out for the day. My favorite part of the day was dealing with the customers since I learned their orders so quick, I was always about 5 people ahead so they just stepped up and paid since their order was already there. The hardest part of my job was when I became Assistant Manager and was promised a raise and never received it. But I did enjoy working around the customers and being friendly with them and enjoying being around them and making them happy by knowing what they wanted and having it ready for them.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks and no raise when I became assistant manager and had to do more work with the same pay.
Operational Differences
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VaOctober 6, 2015
I found that there were many things that I did not agree with at this job. My coworkers and much of management were just fine, and we got along well. However, the independent owner had certain policies that were questionable. After only a month, I knew that I could not stay.
Pros
Free food and drinks while working
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, over 40 hours a week
It was a decent place to work. But I felt there was little chance to move up In the company with the management I was under
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chipley, FLJune 14, 2016
A typical day was alright of course we should coffee, donuts and some breakfast sandwiches. We were normally out of donuts by the time I came Into work (2:00 p.m to 10:30 P.m) and at that time of night thats what people came for was a coffee and a donuts so we dealt with a lot of unsatisfied customers. The night shift consisted of two people our duties were to restock the store,handle customers,and clean the whole store. This made very difficult to make donuts and It was stressful because there was only two of us. But overall it was a ok job with just enough money to get by and pay small bills.
Pros
Satisfied customers, the coworkers
Cons
unsatisfied customers, and the limited number of people on a shift.
Productive work place with a well maintained storefront and very customer oriented
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILJuly 13, 2016
Due to amazing management I maintained skills ranging from food prep to sanitation, but the most important skills learned were all pertaining to customer service. This position helped me learn how to handle all types of customers and how to gain a positive response regardless of rather or not the initial response was negative. did ensure that every customer left feeling better than when he/she entered. the most enjoyable part of the position was getting good responses from customers when explaining items offered on the menu and the positive response after completing an order.
Pros
Amazing Coffee and Breakfast sandwiches

2.8