Dunkin & Bush

Dunkin & Bush Employer Reviews

good place to work
Blaster/coater (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: not enough hours at times
this is a good company to work for we start off with safety topics job tasks for the day then do a jsa then we start work.
I like it the best when I have a 12 hour shift with lots to do, time goes by and I feel like I accomplished something, I enjoy blasting and working hard heavy lifting and lost to do so I can push myself
Lots of work, No life.
painter, laborer (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAJune 30, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime to allow you to make some extra money.
Cons: no benefits
Always overtime that's available. Not mandatory, but frowned on when you turn it down.
Tough work for old school-types
Blaster/Painter (Current Employee), AK, WA, ND, OR,February 12, 2013
Pros: all the work you could ever want...mostly. paycheck is always on time.
Cons: put your stuff in storage, you won't be home soon, hard, dirty work
I have worked for DB for 6 years. I started out as a laborer and have worked up to be a journeyman/foreman. They have given me training and a trade I can take with me. I have worked on a number of various jobsites-petrochemical, food industry, alaska, washington, north dakota. I worked 12+ hour days, 7 days a week wherever I went. for some that is not – more... the case. a typical day would be to go to the jobsite, morning safety meeting (20min) and get to work. one hour lunch, (no 15min breaks). I'm young and willing and not a small, weak guy (6'2'' 260lbs) but there are times when the work is very difficult. blasting all day for a week and then removing abrasive is tough. painting a tank out for 8 hours makes your hands want to fall off. that being said there is something about doing hard work that is rewarding in itself...that and having a couple of good road dogs to go the bar with is nice. Lots of time away from home-you don't go home until the job is done. That isn't the worst part... there are times...and it feels more and more often the longer I am here. There are times that it seems like the management does not really value the guys in the field. It should be said that DB does have a very strong safety culture...they make sure you know what you are doing and that you are doing it right, which means safe.
I have enjoyed working for them, but it is not for everybody...I've seen dozens and dozens come and go. – less
A typical day
Laberer (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 25, 2012
Pros: travel, learned various safety procedures.
Cons: work was often away from home
A typical day would include working at various oilfield refineries where my job is establish a safe work outline for safety officials. Jobs often required equipment to stage according to specific jobs. I would sometimes have to work in confined spaces or monitor confined spaces.