Dunkin & Bush Employee Reviews

Lots of drama
ESTIMATOR & PAINTER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 15, 2017
When I worked there it was daily drama. It was difficult to complete projects, because there very little help and team work. It has been a while since I've been there and things may have changed.
Field workers are expendable
Painter (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAApril 21, 2017
If you have a family you will not be successful in this company... Noone is willing to teach unexperienced workers. You will be expected to work 50 - 84+ hours a week and travel by your personal vehicle at the drop of a hat sometimes across multiple states (from Washington to Wyoming for example)
Pros
Decent health insurance
Cons
10 - 12 hrs a day only 1 break for lunch
Redmond shop support
Redmond shop support (Former Employee) –  Redmond WAJanuary 5, 2017
I worked @ Dunkin and Bush from 2002 to 2005 in the Redmond shop/ Corporate office at the time. I was able to obtain a CDL while working there. I also gained training in hazmat disposal and safety. I worked with some of the most intelligent people I have ever worked with. Dunkin and Bush is family owned and they treat there employees as family. Since working there it is something I have not bean able to find.
Pros
great people, good benefits, family atmosphere
Fun Work Environment
Sandblaster/Painter (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAMarch 8, 2016
Dunkin & Bush is a fast pace company, but fun to work for. My typical day consists of Abrasive Blasting, Spray Painting and applying Non-Skid Texture on plates.

Not only do I do these things listed above, I get the chance to prepare a bridge with a man lift.

I get the opportunity to use my skills at a job that I enjoy.
Pros
Opertunities for advancement
Cons
Poor management, Health Care is expensive for family members
Na
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, WAJuly 14, 2015
Already completed. I was an intern and spent more time out in the working area than in the office. Good work environment and good hours with time off.
Productive and Great Learning experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJanuary 30, 2015
IT manager helped me grow and learn the applicable IT business practices as well as enjoy the work in the IT field. Thoroughly enjoyed learning and troubleshooting.
Great group of guys ive worked with.
SKILLED LABOR (Former Employee) –  BOUNTIFUL UTAHMarch 17, 2014
I was hired on as a skilled labor for the scaffold department in slc, utah. My starting pay was $16.00 And we stayed busy for months til the winter came, I was out for at least a month half. Im in california again hoping to get on with d&b in bakersfield.... Good company plenty overtime 60-84 a week.
Pros
They paid for out of town rooms, Stayed in 5* hotels and suites
Cons
Work could get slow for weeks even up to months
good place to work
Blaster/coater (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 22, 2014
this is a good company to work for we start off with safety topics job tasks for the day then do a jsa then we start work.
I like it the best when I have a 12 hour shift with lots to do, time goes by and I feel like I accomplished something, I enjoy blasting and working hard heavy lifting and lost to do so I can push myself
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
not enough hours at times
Lots of work, No life.
painter, laborer (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 30, 2013
Always overtime that's available. Not mandatory, but frowned on when you turn it down.
Pros
Lots of overtime to allow you to make some extra money.
Cons
No benefits
Tough work for old school-types
Blaster/Painter (Current Employee) –  AK, WA, ND, OR,February 12, 2013
I have worked for DB for 6 years. I started out as a laborer and have worked up to be a journeyman/foreman. They have given me training and a trade I can take with me. I have worked on a number of various jobsites-petrochemical, food industry, alaska, washington, north dakota. I worked 12+ hour days, 7 days a week wherever I went. for some that is not the case. a typical day would be to go to the jobsite, morning safety meeting (20min) and get to work. one hour lunch, (no 15min breaks). I'm young and willing and not a small, weak guy (6'2'' 260lbs) but there are times when the work is very difficult. blasting all day for a week and then removing abrasive is tough. painting a tank out for 8 hours makes your hands want to fall off. that being said there is something about doing hard work that is rewarding in itself...that and having a couple of good road dogs to go the bar with is nice. Lots of time away from home-you don't go home until the job is done. That isn't the worst part... there are times...and it feels more and more often the longer I am here. There are times that it seems like the management does not really value the guys in the field. It should be said that DB does have a very strong safety culture...they make sure you know what you are doing and that you are doing it right, which means safe.
I have enjoyed working for them, but it is not for everybody...I've seen dozens and dozens come and go.
Pros
all the work you could ever want...mostly. paycheck is always on time.
Cons
put your stuff in storage, you won't be home soon, hard, dirty work

Want to know more about Dunkin & Bush?

Ask a question
A typical day
Laberer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 25, 2012
A typical day would include working at various oilfield refineries where my job is establish a safe work outline for safety officials. Jobs often required equipment to stage according to specific jobs. I would sometimes have to work in confined spaces or monitor confined spaces.
Pros
travel, learned various safety procedures.
Cons
work was often away from home