Dunn Bros Coffee Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Friendly, hardworking coworkers and fast paced environment
Barista-Server (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 20, 2017
I loved working for Dunn Brothers Coffee. I was kept happily busy with friendly, hardworking coworkers. I was able to communicate to the management about issues and concerns, while also being trusted with confidential information.
Stress, stress, and more stress
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 20, 2017
Horrible place to work in my area. Owners and mangers have no organization. When managers go home employees slack off, act rude, and are unhelpful. They refuse to wear gloves while handling food, which is the worst of it all.
I can't wait to find a new job. This place has almost destroyed me mentally in 4 months. I was told 11.50 after tips. I get 9.75 after tips.
This place is really a joke some days.
Pros
80% discount on shift, 50% off shift on most items
Cons
Horrible co-workers, illnesses are spread
Great college job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 2, 2014
I worked at Dunn Bros while going to school at Moorhead State. I made drinks for customers and then performed closing duties like cleaning and closing and counting the register. I liked that the nights I worked fit into my schedule. I did not like working and closing by myself and how slow it would become at night, just because I did not feel challenged, or make many tips.
Pros
Great college job, free coffee
Cons
Working alone, slow at nights
Corporate is unorganized and in the stone age, franchise owners do whatever they want
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 12, 2014
For a barista, this company offers a grab-bag of situations. I've worked with everyone from the completely socially awkward and uninspired to the portentous snobby barista. None of which seem to care about the functionality or flow of their work place. I've never met an owner who actually cared about or had a passion for coffee. They just wanted to make money on the name and face of someone else's business. Many have not set appropriate standards for their businesses. Some none at all. There are however a handful of really amazing owners that do their own thing and make it an awesome experience. They have no training standards at all throughout the company and most often are left with chaos and inconsistency throughout. Example: Some baristas know how to make drinks and know all the recipes, some of them don't. Some stores encourage their baristas to use micro foam and latte art. Some stores go the Dunn Bros standard of middle of the road foam. All in all unless you are good at handling chaos and stress all the time, I don't recommend it. If you care about coffee, work at a smaller specialty store.
Pros
1 free pound of coffee a week
Cons
No breaks, No healthy food, chaos, bad owners and bag management.
Fun
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNNovember 18, 2013
Fun group of employees, laid back atmosphere, great regular customers
Shift Lead Barista
Shift Lead Barista (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNAugust 16, 2013
Opening and closing up the coffee shop. I learned a lot about the local culture. I met a lot of fun people while working at this coffee shop. My co-workers were always fun to be around and always very dedicated to their job. The hardest part of the job was running out of product, or changing product and having upset customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was the atmosphere.
Pros
Great enviornement
Cons
minimum wage to start out with, + tips
Average work place.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, MNJuly 3, 2013
open up the store, greet customers and fill orders, i learned how to roast coffee beans. The management was sub-par and the co-workers were ok. The hardest part were the hours but the most enjoyable part were the customers.
a job thats more for collage person
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 6, 2013
A fair place to work.Very easy going more for a collage person
Pros
free meal 1lb of free coffee a mo
Cons
health bendfits