DuPage Children's Museum Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 10, 2017
My job here was simple. Pick up after children who would leave toys on the floor. I had greeted many parents and helped them with their children as well. It had taught me a lot about patience. I did learn a lot of customer service skills through this position.
Rewarding Experience
Floor Attendant (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 9, 2016
Overall, working with the kids was an incredible and rewarding experience. Unfortunately, the organization as a whole does not work together. All full-time employees are focused on self preservation and not on the success of the organization as a whole. Rumors fly left and right and blame is placed on innocent bystanders. Okay job for a few months but don't plan on staying too long. Loyalty does not exist and it's quite unfortunate. Turnover is really high and there's really little respect for employees.
Pros
Working with kids, free admission for family
Cons
Lack of consistent hours, no perks for employees, senior staff does not acknowledge floor staff
A Child's Laugh Brings A Smile To My Face
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 25, 2015
Kids were always running around so you could see what they were playing with. This one is playing with blocks that one is playing with bubbles It was always fun to clean up after their playtime because I saw what a great time they had. When I read to them they were always transfixed on the different voices I could make. My mother is an Early Learning Childhood expert so I guess some of that rubbed off on me.
Pros
Being Around Kids
Cons
Sometimes their screaming would give me a headache after work.
Energetic and creative work experience
Play Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 11, 2015
As a play facilitator, it was my job to create that spark in children's minds that makes them enthusiastic in learning more for themselves. Facilitating the play of children and their families, you see the children's enthusiasm take hold as they discovered new ideas on their own. It's the sort of job that draws sweet, supportive people who are a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job is the cleanup at the end of every day, even that get's easier over time. There's nothing expanding young minds. It quickly becomes a real calling.
Pros
Fun work place and staff, flexible schedules
Cons
Lack of parking
Great, rewarding work-place that makes you feel good at the end of the day.
CREATIVITY STUDIO FACILITATOR (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 6, 2014
The pay is minimal, and the opportunity for advancement is very minimal as well...but the job itself is fantastic. Working with children and helping them smile is more than worth it. The other employees are all very kind and polite, and the hardest part of the job would probably just be having to deal with upset children/parents.