DuPage Medical Group Employee Reviews in United States

High productive, volume, energy, and spirit.
Clinic Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILOctober 27, 2015
Professional system and culture, high expectations and high rewards.Room for advancement, Wonderful, supportive management.
Scheduling OB patients
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 27, 2016
Very stressful and emotional. Very overwhelmed with trying to adhere to all the policies. The doctor's schedule was nearly impossible to navigate. Only certain patients on certain days and only certain times are available for certain issues. Patients were expected to wait for a very long time to be seen for certain issues. If nothing was available then you had to call the nurse to get permission to slot a patient in an open spot that didn't pertain to their issue. Too complicated. Especially for the patients and that made it very difficult to calm them down. If you made one mistake you were let go. Training was difficult. It consisted of shadowing an employee for 5 weeks. Then you got a whole notebook explaining what doctor works where and when and what times and days they were available. Patient's availability did not matter at all. 9 doctors, 7 locations and 2 hospitals. And still the appointments could take over a month to get in. It was very sad. I cried almost every day.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
Almost impossible to do your job correctly.
productive, fun work place
Clinical Pharmacist Infusion - Oncology (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILNovember 25, 2015
supportive mangement with friendly coworkers. Hands-on patient care is a definite bonus. decent enjoyable part of the job was working alongside a great team
Pros
work life balance
Cons
little carrer advancement
Pacu rn
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Lombard ASCAugust 25, 2015
Management is the worst I have ever experienced. Manager of PACU has a hard time trying to help with patients when needed and has no filter with employee's privacy. Manager of facility has no tact when dealing with the nurses but is sweet and accommodating to the physicians. They except the employees to live, breath and die for this ASC. The pay is low, hours unreasonable, and benefits are poor. The coworkers are very clique', some you have a difficult time knowing if they are friend or foe (but not all). Stay away!.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the ASC
Plan to be put down all the time unless you are a favorite.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 15, 2015
Like the previous review. This job is a prison sentence. You will get warnings if you talk too much. So do not talk to your co workers. You can if you are close to your Team Lead and have kids or have something in common. Then you wont get in trouble.Take good notes, because Management will try to say that you were not told to do something in this manner. Then once you show proof, Management will try to kiss your butt to make it better. Also, the pay is very poor. You could get paid more waiting tables.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Management has all these rules, policies, etc. You need a secretary to remember them all. There is even a policy on how you should breathe.
High burn out, high turnover!!!!!!!
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 9, 2016
You will have no life because you work 7am to 7pm.

No breaks, one 30 minute lunch.

Running to the bathroom between checking in patients.

When someone quits, they are not replaced, you are expected to do the work of the people that quit,

Very, very, unrealistic expectations.
Job Advancement
Team Leader Patient Accounts (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 17, 2015
I enjoy working at this company- benefits are OK would love for the organization to consider employees for job advancements.
nasty
withheld (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 22, 2015
This is a terrible place to work. They can sound very caring and supportive, but they are not. Production expectations are unrealistic and no one knows how they determine these numbers. They inform you of your prior month numbers at least 1 1/2 weeks into the next month and then they tell you if you don't meet current production standards they will need to let you go. not good. At first you wonder what's going on and could it be you, even though you've always excelled at previous jobs, but then you look around and the dept has lost 1/2 of the employees within a 6 month period; many of whom have 7-12 years working there. Management style is condescending . Training is poor and you need to evaluate everything they tell you because it very possibly is wrong and then they'll say they never said that
Pros
If you can survive this you can survve anything
Cons
lots
No loyalty to employees
Management (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 21, 2015
This was a horrible place to work for; you are paid very low and never acknowledged for the hard work you do. Employees are given very low raises yet cuts are never made to the salaries of those in the C suite. No women have high positions and productivity standards are unrealistic. The motto is "we care for you" but they do not care for their employees. All they want to do is get bigger and bigger and the phone systems are horrible because they are too big. I was told I would be on hold for a minute trying to get a referral after 35 minutes I hung up.
Cons
No respect for employees
Very pleasant workplace
Student Help Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 18, 2016
While being employed there it was a good experience. The company gives you a lot of perks. Also the schedule is very flexible and if you are in school they will work with you.
Fast paced, but highly efficient, podiatry specialty department, ideal team environment,
AAMA Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 26, 2014
I've learned many new skills within the podiatric specialty area. I very much enjoy my position within the department and I have had the pleasure of working with very professional, and friendly, medical assistants and Podiatrists. I have never worked with a better group of people. At this current time, management of musculoskeletal operations is undergoing many changes which presents communication and organizational issues within the department. I believe that aside from my day to day contact with my fellow co-workers, I find the most enjoyable part of my position is engaging with the patients and administering quality patient care.
Pros
wonderful co-workers, competitive insurance benefits
Cons
lack of communicaton, lack of organization
Discrimination & Poor company culture
Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Physician violated a patient's privacy & I requested a transfer as I did not agree with the physician's behavior. He was notorious for getting staff fired but as he brought in the bulk of money for the establishment HR did not look into countless complaints made by staff. The department I was transferred to was not completely tolerant of my transfer as they were already overstaffed and the staff thought I was a thin Puerto Rican for having a family. During my high risk pregnancy management would staff me at inconsiderate hours so I would have to quit. I was terminated as I was placed on complete bed rest and delivered prematurely.

The work flow was easy and I enjoyed educating patients.
Pros
free lunches from pharmaceutical reps, exposure to various cases in the healthcare field for educational purposes
Cons
discrimination, unfair practices, unprofessional physicians
worst company to work for
worker (Former Employee) –  dowers groveJuly 24, 2015
I am a person who takes pride in doing a good job, I have worked for large companies and have always strived in my job but this company looks down on you if you do a good job, they seriously lack in management and they promote people who are lacking in any type of management skills or people skill. The whole company is out to make a ton of money and do not care about employees or the patients. I would never work for this company again no matter what. I would live out of a box before before I would work for this company. Please be aware that they lie during the interview and change all the job details to there advantage,
You are just a number, not a person.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Every LocationJanuary 8, 2015
DuPage Medical is an awful place to work. The company has grown too quickly for upper level management to handle, which has compromised the quality of care given. Patients would complain often about this. Expect to be worked to the bone for a 17 cent raise and do not expect to move up within the company. DuPage Medical Group: We Don't Care for You, Just for Your Money.
Pros
once you finally left work you were done for the day.
Cons
everything.
Title Is Misspelled
Former patient (Former Employee) –  DupageFebruary 14, 2016
No wonder you need a new Administrative Assistant. Did not like the office staff. Unprofessional. Was on hold for 25 min. And decided to hang up and call another group.
Pros
Cons
Alot of bad reviews.
Terrible place to work at.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisle,ILAugust 2, 2014
No room for advancement at all. Their raise is a joke! I should have picked up on why theirs so many job openings. Now I know why. Their pay sucks. They treat employees bad. Too bad. Maybe if management paid attention to their employees hard work maybe people would actually stay. And pay well!!! Sad because they lose great people for their cheapness and ungratefulness!! Stay Away!!
Pros
co-workers and some doctors
Cons
very low pay!!! no breaks!! never recognized for hard work!
Terrible company to work for
DMG Servant (Current Employee) –  many locations the sameMarch 31, 2015
This is the worst company I have every been employeed by. The pay is very low, and the medical benefits are terrible. Very high deductible and we can only go to DMG doctors. Ridiculous productivity expectations. I literally run all day from patient to patient with not a moment to even stop and use the bathroom! Quality of patient care suffers terribly due to greed for money and constantly overscheduling patients. If I were a patient I would not return becsuse they are not given fair time and attention due to DMGs policy of overscheduling. This greatly lowers qulity of patient care. So many employees feel used and abused. Suggestion to improve employee and patient satisfaction, don't treat employees like machines. Very greedy organization. They care more abut money than patients or employees. Very high rate of turnover
Pros
zero
Cons
sooo many
Loved working in IM
Practice Manager Glen Ellyn IM (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILNovember 30, 2015
The staff and Physicians were exceptional to work for. We had a great relationship. The hardest part of the job was getting the physicians to see and agree with the corporate agenda
Wonderful Doctors to work for staff had their days
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, IlSeptember 20, 2012
I totally enjoyed working for the Doctor's here. All of them were down to earth, intelligent, funny, social and compassionate. They are trully the only people I miss working for. The staff was ok. Depending on the day it could go smooth or dramatic for you. The staff was moody. The Doctor's were always professional and never yelled or embarrassed the staff. The pay could had been better. The benefits were good. Management was good and fair. Management appreciated hard work and so did the Doctor's. If you were not sure on how to do something the Doctor's would assist and never embarrass you in front of a patient or co-worker. It was awesome.
Pros
staff recognition parties, birthday celebrations, free food
Cons
sometimes the staff wouldn't do there job and whine about it
Big company with little chance for rapid advancement - pay 20% below industry.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, Naperville, etcFebruary 19, 2013
Great co-workers and Doctor's. Practice manager (Asthma and Allergy) is unprofessional, spreading rumors, and with no management skills. Manager is unable to do any task without the Nurse Supervisor looking over her shoulder showing her how to do it. The Doctor's are getting ripped off - paying 2 salaries for the work of one person. No flexibility with scheduling or changes. Huge turnover of the staff. Annual pay increases of less than 3% with POSITIVE reviews.
Pros
willing to hire inexperienced nurses.
Cons
poor management. poor pay. rigid scheduling. poor benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DuPage Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7