DuPage Medical Group Employee Reviews

A lot of favoritism , hard to advance
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 9, 2018
Poor communication among sites, managers are not helpful. Too much favoritism. Poor benefits, poor pay. No room for advancement. Difficult to have time off for vacation. No one has job security.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor benefits, low pay, favoritism, no room for advancement
Friendly work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 8, 2018
The work environment is very friendly. The patients are great. The management team and salary could be better. Benefits are great just a little expensive.
Excellent company
Registrar/Lead Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 1, 2018
I worked for Dupage Medical Group for almost five years. The managers I worked with were wonderful. They encouraged you to advance to higher level positions. Would work here again in a heartbeat.
Pros
Wonderful Managers
Cons
Great Co-workers, horrible management.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 29, 2017
To be honest if the management wasn’t so horrible to the employees this wouldn’t be such a bad place to work. Their is no sense of understanding or compassion for the employees here. They treat them less than human. The managers do not make an effort to build a productive relationship with employees and communications are always full of passive aggressive tensions. The hours aren’t bad and the idea of being to work from home (eventually) is very attractive, but in my opinion, it’s not worth touching a toxic work environment. If you think you can take it, go for it, and good luck.
Pros
Co-workers, potentially work from home.
Cons
Everything else..
Workplace culture
Medicare Advantage Coding Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 27, 2017
I've worked at DMG for more than ten years. High quality care from the physicians that work there. Work advancement, good 401k benefits, they match..
Quick paced
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 22, 2017
The days go by quick working for the company. You are constantly on the go dealing with patients, customer service, and computers. Overall the benefits you receive from the company is very good! Great company to work for!
Fast Pace Enviroment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 20, 2017
Busy location. Makes the day go by fast.Love the one on one patient care. The company is like most companies now days. If you choose to focus on the negative than your in trouble no matter where you decide to work. Take your position for what it is and be excellent for the patient
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Under staff
Great atmosphere to work in
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILDecember 18, 2017
Great atmosphere to work in, docs are very nice, coworkers are very nice, hours were pretty bad. My schedule changed quite a bit and it was never consistent. In the end I ended up terminating my position due to the fact all staff members went to flex schedules and my family and daycare didn't accommodate for that. Otherwise, even though the pay is much lower than the hospital I would have stayed.
Pros
Free coffee bar and snacks
Nice company to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 3, 2017
I truly enjoyed working with the group of people that I had the opportunity to be around. Communication all around was very important. And I truly felt like I was part of the team
Great team
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 28, 2017
Without a doubt, I will never work with another team as great as the team I worked with in Internal Medicine. We worked together and treated one another fairly. (This includes the physicians we worked with)
I'll always regret leaving this team and this company, but unfortunately the new manager played favorites and I wasn't on that list.
(Would still be there if the original manager had not gotten promoted)
Pros
Great team
Cons
Work load vs short staff prevented lunch breaks
large competitive company
Pediatric Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILNovember 16, 2017
I didn't care for the division of the company that I worked in. I have other family members that also work for this company and it seems to be better for them than it was for me. I also worked there 8 years ago so things may have changed by now. It is a very large company that is not very personal with its employees. You are really just a number there and are very replaceable. I didn't feel valued at all for the work load that was expected of. I'm not sure if I would ever go back. Maybe things would be different in another department but I got my degree in this field and I haven't returned to this profession due to the experience I had at this company. It ruined my ambitions to be a medical assistant.
Pros
flexible scheduling, multiple locations
Cons
long hours on your feet, under valued
Productive and fun place to work
Polysomnographic Technology Student (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILNovember 10, 2017
During clinicals, I had to check the patient in, put patient information in the computer, apply electrodes and patient hookup procedures, apply nonsurgical treatment such as CPAP as needed. I learned to deal with many patients with many different medical conditions. This was a positive workplace experience and learning how to be confident in working in the medical field.
productive fast paced
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 24, 2017
As a merger to my older employer there has been many challenges with working two separate computer systems, and open positions not filled. The personal are great outgoing people.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
limited advancement
Scheduler
Central Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILOctober 11, 2017
overall well paid nice environment..... you will love it although my supervisor liz had to leave it was an enjoyable experience.... great discount for a lot of vacation options.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
I would NOT recommend
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILOctober 6, 2017
The management is very rude and unprofessional. No room for growth unless you know someone, not paid enough for the the amount of work you have to do.
Fast paced some days
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILSeptember 30, 2017
The company is a fair one to work for. Management has been fair to me as personal situations have arisen. They have rolled out a work from home incentive which helps balancing personal and professional life.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Short breaks and lunch
OK place to work
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 27, 2017
Very difficult culture with growing concerns related to team management and employee satisfaction. Lack of respect for the employees and their time, not flexible or friendly
fast paced and long hours
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 25, 2017
you have a lot of responsibility as a CMA for them. Yet they do not want to properly train you or pay you. I've done a lot of on the job training but more of shown once and that's it. No one sticks around to show you again or show you what's changed. No communication between management or staff. Things change all the time with no follow up.
Pros
flexable hrs
Cons
change in hours with no warning
Na
Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2017
its a job what can I said about it most days are ok but not every day... pay ok for now will need more in the future. so that my opinion.. beside this is making me write something
Can be very stressful at times.
Medical Receptionist, Internal Medicine Clinic (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILSeptember 15, 2017
DuPage Medical Group is a good place to get experience but not a place I would care to stay for the rest of my career. My day can be very stressful learning Epic software and the phones. As a medical practice, it should be centralized so that we are not bothered by phones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DuPage Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8