DuPage Medical Group

DuPage Medical Group Employer Reviews

Treats employees like machines, too many patients at once
DMG slave (Current Employee), Any location all the sameSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: ha
Cons: please read my statement
DMG makes a Hugh profit on the backs of their employees which they do not return in compensation. Expect staff to run all day with no breaks or time for lunch. All they care about is the all mighty dollar with no regard to quality of patient care or their staff. No chance for growth as they just focus on billable time and making the most money per patient – more... possible. They would never admit this but quality of patient care is not important tp them, just how much they can make off of them. The work pace is insane for the employees. They make Hugh profit but don't share with the staff. – less
Fast paced & exciting!
Receptionist & Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee), Winfield, ILAugust 28, 2014
You don't always know what the day will bring you when you work for a medical group! I had the pleasure of working in 2 departments with the best staff anyone could ask for!
ok
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILAugust 18, 2014
This is overall a cool place to work. Apply for the position you are looking for and it should not take long to get a reply back.
Terrible place to work at.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Lisle,ILAugust 2, 2014
Pros: co-workers and some doctors
Cons: very low pay!!! no breaks!! never recognized for hard work!
No room for advancement at all. Their raise is a joke! I should have picked up on why theirs so many job openings. Now I know why. Their pay sucks. They treat employees bad. Too bad. Maybe if management paid attention to their employees hard work maybe people would actually stay. And pay well!!! Sad because they lose great people for their cheapness – more... and ungratefulness!! Stay Away!! – less
Nice
Referral Specialist (Former Employee), Grove, ILJuly 15, 2014
It was a ok place to work. The co- worker were friend and very helpful when you asked the for help..
Large Company
Orthopedic Physician Assistant- Certified (Current Employee), Lombard, ILJuly 10, 2014
Growing faster than they know how to accommodate. Currently there is a lot of turn over.
Fast paced, but highly efficient, podiatry specialty department, ideal team environment,
AAMA Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Naperville, ILJune 26, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers, competitive insurance benefits
Cons: lack of communicaton, lack of organization
I've learned many new skills within the podiatric specialty area. I very much enjoy my position within the department and I have had the pleasure of working with very professional, and friendly, medical assistants and Podiatrists. I have never worked with a better group of people. At this current time, management of musculoskeletal operations is undergoing – more... many changes which presents communication and organizational issues within the department. I believe that aside from my day to day contact with my fellow co-workers, I find the most enjoyable part of my position is engaging with the patients and administering quality patient care. – less
consistently growing company but departmental issues
Polysomnographic Technologist (Current Employee), Naperville, ILMay 23, 2014
Pros: shift differential/high volume of patients (job stability)
Cons: no breaks/one required lunch but cannot leave/weekends required/ no seniority
job stability
managerial favoritism
departmental issues
Difficult culture
Pharmacy (Current Employee), VariousMay 11, 2014
Pros: nice facilities for patients
Cons: lack of good management leadership
Lack of open communication.
Lack of team building ability.
Hard work is not recognized.
Lack of clinical excellence initiatives.
Wonderful group of nurses to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lombard, ILApril 29, 2014
Fast pace enjoyable place to work. Large variety of doctors an surgeries.
Not what it's cracked up to be
Receptionist (Former Employee), LisleApril 21, 2014
Pros: made some great, long-lasting relationships with coworkers
Cons: everything stated in the description, benefits, hours, the amount of multi-tasking that was expected of you
I was an employee for almost 6 years when I finally opened my eyes and saw what a joke this place was.

I worked for 3 different departments within the company and saw how differently each of them were treated by management.

For starters, the people I worked with on an day to day basis were PHENOMENAL. Even my direct supervisors and office managers – more... were amazing. Any time there was an issue, they truly had an open door policy. If you're looking to find life-long friends, this is a GREAT place to work.

If you don't wan't to be micromanaged by upper management while being worked like a dog, doing 10 different jobs with minimal pay and terrible raises, this is not the place to be. The last department I worked for (physical therapy), I basically did anything and everything that didn't require a license or certification, from reception, to call center, to referral coordinator to PT tech. Literally a jack-of-all-trades. Upper management is so concerned about the department making money, they put a "quota" for the therapists to hit per patient in terms of billing (I believe it was 5 units per hour). They were working like dogs, putting in long hours, double booking patients, seeing patients during their admin-time, just to help their numbers. Our therapists are GREAT, but it's not fair to them, or anyone in the department to get worked as much as we did. The turnover rate in the department was unbelievable. People are just up and quitting because they're getting tired… both physically and mentally. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've left work in tears of pure exhaustion.

Raises were MAYBE 15-20 cents a year, which didn't even help the cost of living, especially seeing how taxes keep going up and up (which is out of everyone's control), but every year, my paychecks kept getting smaller and smaller.

DuPage Medical Group only cares about one thing…. the money in their pockets. They don't care about their employees or even their patients as much as they say they do in their slogans. Their customer service is a total joke. Anyone that works at their main office in Downers Grove off Highland Oaks does not care about you. They're becoming way too big and think the little people are replaceable.

The health insurance is terrible. Nothing like being told you can only go to a DuPage Medical Group facility with a $3000 deductible or an HMO that takes half your paycheck away just for the premiums alone.

The plus side is they do have a tuition reimbursement!! The catch is that you have to pass your classes with a "B" or higher in the class, and they'd only cover classes that will help your career within the company, AND you have to be there for a year after they pay you back for the classes or else they make you pay it back, AND they do not cover the expenses for books, AND your classes cannot affect your work schedule. I believe it was up to $2,500 they'd reimburse you.

They stopped the lunches that the vendors were providing to other offices too earlier this year.

If DMG is requiring you to wear a uniform (both radiology and physical therapy did), they would provide you a small stipend of $100 if you were a full time employee ($50 if you worked 15-30 hours, and nothing if you worked less than 15 hours), and anything over that $100, you'd have to cover. The clothes were so cheap and you'd MAYBE only get a polo or 2 out of that stipend. At least REPLACE the clothes at the expense of the company if it's required. Who has that kind of money, especially with how terrible DuPage Medical Group pays. Even getting a "perfect" review resulted in MAYBE a 15 cent raise- and that's if you're lucky enough to get good scores (the company feels that nobody should get a "perfect" review since there's ALWAYS room for improvement).

Morale is so low. Employees are not caring about their jobs like how they should because they're not appreciated by upper management. Everyone is micromanaged- if I was ever sick, I'd have to provide a doctors note, even if it was just for 1 day (whether or not I used vacation or personal time). If there's an issue, upper management will not do anything to help out their employees. I was originally hired as an MA, but then got thrown into a call center. When I asked HR about it, all they could say was "It's up to the manager to place their employees where they see fit". So just because you're hired for something, doesn't mean you'll actually be doing that job.

If you REALLY need a job, give it a shot- that is, if you're "good enough" in the company's eyes. Some of the people they hire…. you can't help but wonder what they did during the interview that landed them the job, especially seeing their work ethic.

DuPage Medical Group- "we don't care for you". – less
avoid at all costs
Scheduler (Former Employee), Dupage Medical GroupApril 14, 2014
Pros: some nice people to work with
Cons: short breaks, bad management, terrible communication between offices
This was the worst job I have ever had. As a scheduler, you're constantly answering phone calls of frustrated and angry patients who want answers, quickly and thoroughly. As patients of DMG, you would think DMG would believe they deserve that, but we weren't allowed to call nurses to ask if they would talk to the patients. We always had to put in messages – more... first. They never wanted to speak with patients, and we were the middle man between the doctors and the patients. They would just relay complicated messages through us, which would only frustrate the patients more.

The whole system of appointment scheduling was poor. For example, a patient would schedule a follow up appointment 6 months in advance, as suggested by the doctor. Fast forward five months to May, and the clinic cancels because the doctor is going on vacation for 5 weeks. When the patient calls to reschedule because THE CLINIC cancelled, I was the one who had to tell the patient that they couldn't get another appointing until AUGUST. AUGUST. Of course the patients are going to be upset, and of course, since I was the one bringing the bad news, I was the one who got screamed at. This job literally made me an unhappy person. I would come home totally defeated and I dreaded going to work everyday. They totally bait and switch you during the training/interview process.

I really wish I would have taken the other negative reviews on here seriously before I took a job with DMG. Please beware. – less
Busy scheduling for multiple doctors offices
Scheduler Schedule appointments (Current Employee), lisle, illinoisMarch 6, 2014
It's a centralized location so that I am scheduling for multiple doctors offices. It can be stressful dealing with people trying to get to see their doctors.
Management is terrible
Supervisor (Former Employee), NapervilleFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: nice physicial working environment
Cons: unethical practices
Only work here if you are desperate for a job.
Low pay, the directors/mangers they choose are incompetent.
Loved coworker's and doctors
RMA (Former Employee), Naperville, ILFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great dr.'s and coworkers
Cons: pay is horrible
Pay is horrible. A lot of overtime. I worked with a family practice Dr. and a pediatrician. Dr.'s are wonderful, very caring toward patients and always showed staff respect. Corporate does not care about the little people. Pay was horrible and so where raises. I worked as a cna in a hospital and made triple the pay, and didn't have a college degree.
Terrible place to work for
Registrar (Former Employee), Lisle, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free medical advice
Cons: everything else
If you have the opportunity to work for this company....DON'T!! Their motto "we care for you" is barely about their patients and DEFINITELY NOT about their employees. The only good thing is the insurance and even that isn't great. You're going to work long hard hours for pay that is not comparable to other medical groups in the area. Corporate does – more... not care for anyone outside of corporate and they make it obvious. If you are not management don't expect to be treated like you matter, because to them you don't. – less
Fun, fast paced place to work
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Naperville, ILOctober 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches, drug rep dinners, snacks
Cons: hardly any breaks
I worked for 5 Physicians at one point in DuPage Medical Group, I specifically worked with 2 of those doctors for 7 yrs. The physicians saw same day appointments so if another DMG physician could not see you that were allowed to put you on our schedule. I saw a max of 60 or more patients daily. I use to work with a doctor who was an internal medicine – more... doctor and a rheumatologist it was very interesting and I was provided a lot of knowledge regarding medical conditions in that specialty. I was the safety advocate at our office in the past. I was required to do medical records, registration, prior authorizations, copays along with other administrative work. There were 4 medical assistants combined in the office for the 5 physicians, no nurses, so we were required to do a lot of work which is a good thing. We also had drug rep lunches daily so that provided us with food instead of bringing lunches which was a plus. Loved the doctors, staff, and physicians that I worked with at DuPage Medical Group – less
Great group of people to work with
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: the hours could be worked around any family situation
Cons: management was not always fair.
Last position I had was working with Medicaid payments and denials. I hep this position for almost 6 years and had to learn the states rules regarding payments and denials. I enjoyed this cause it was learning experience and was able to go to Medicaid workshops.
The management was fine but not all of them knew about Medicaid rules. My co-workers were – more... some of the best, we always helped each other out if there were problems. – less
High Standards
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Lombard, ILSeptember 18, 2013
DuPage Medical is a fast paced work environment. We have high standards for patient care and good core values.
Flexible Work schedule
Support Clerk (Former Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 1, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no breaks or lunch
This job originally started as a 4hr a day job. Working 2 hours logging test results for the triage nurse then 2 hours for the colon cancer screening nurse prepping letters and envelopes. It quickly evolved after they noticed I was a fast learner and began giving me more responsibility. I also began taking on more hours. By the time I left I was working – more... 37 hours and the doctors were begging me to stay. I loved that job. But moving to Arizona to be close to my family was more important. – less