Dupont Hospital Employee Reviews

n/a
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 26, 2017
Very stressful position. .
Liked working with patients and helping them. Difficult time frame with registration for patients. Staff not always communicating.
mean people
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 27, 2017
Many of the people.I encountered here were not very pleasant and did not seem to want to help out the new hires. The employees were rude and very judgmental
work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 16, 2017
learning new things
how to clean the ER
is working while people still in the hospital and throwing trash on the floor
hardest part about the job is remembering the cleaning items without the names on the bottle
Bad Place to work
Staff Med/Surg/Telemetry Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 19, 2017
Poor work structure, poor management, poor pay. Work environment is intense, and little help is provided to direct care staff from middle and upper management.
My Review
Group Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 15, 2017
It was a good place to work for me. Others that I worked with complained of poor pay, mostly because there lack of experience. Vacation was given based on the more of hours you worked a pay period full-time got up to 8 hours a paycheck or more. Overall it was a good job.
Pros
Free meals for food service employees
Cons
3rd shift had a high turn over rate.
Friendly environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 18, 2017
A great place to work with friendly physicians and staff. Much of the management needs to be cleaned out, very clicky. Chief officers turn over quickly.
Pros
Friendly Environment, Small Hospital
Cons
Management, Hard to move up unless you're in the click
It's ok
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 27, 2017
The work load is not hard once you get the hang of it. Hardest part is inputting insurance. Management and training could use a lot of work. Very much a sink or swim type of work setting.
Staff is friendly
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 6, 2017
I worked in the outpatient clinic performing EKGs along with the phlebotomists. The staff is very friendly and I felt like they treated their patients very nicely.
In general, one of the best employers in this field
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJMarch 26, 2017
Very good salary, great working environment and ethics. Really enjoyed working for this organization, training and orientation was very good. Would highly recommend this organization as an employer
Pros
See the above
Cons
We're not focused enough in working in New Jersey
Briarwood Village
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, OHFebruary 5, 2017
This job consisted of making meals for the patients in the assisted living. I would work two different kitchens for breakfast and lunch. Once breakfast was over I cleaned the area and then it was time for lunch and repeat the cleaning cycle.
poor pay, lots of call
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 10, 2016
enjoy the people and actual work, but poor pay and lots of call time requirements for certain departments such as labor and delivery
Hey]
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 27, 2016
I see that you guys have a lot of opportunities for employment. I am glad that I found this site to look for a better job for my future.
Dupont Hospital
Unit Sec/Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 17, 2016
A typical day at work for me starts at 2:30pm. As soon as I get there I ask the nurses what they need from me. If nothing, it is mainly busy work-patient care, discharges, etc. At 7:00pm, I begin vitals. This usually takes a couple hours and brings me to 9:00pm which is when I stock until the end of my shift at 10:30pm. While working at Dupont I have learned to have patience and communication skills.Management at Dupont is not the best. I had several issues where I went to my boss but nothing was done to solve the problem at hand. The hardest part of my job is trying to juggle patients needs and nurses needs. Everyone needs different things at different times and being able to please everyone is difficult. The best part of my job are those certain patients that come in and you just can't wait to see them heal and get better and being a part of that recovery process along the way.
Great culture throughout the workplace
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 14, 2016
The environment is great and most administrative leaders are competent in their work. Teamwork is very common in most departments as well as effective work ethic.
Pros
Great health coverage and compensation is great
Cons
short breaks, incompetent middle managers
Dupont Hospital
Director of Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 23, 2016
Good place to work with great people to work with. Everyone works together for best results at all times. Great atmosphere to be around.
alot of gossip and very stessfull
Environmental Service Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 2, 2015
Do not trust anybody,they will backstab you.Poor management and lack of communication.The cafeteria has great food at 50% off.
Pros
half off food
Cons
micromanaged
Can't seem to keep administration-constant turnover & holes
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 8, 2014
Highly skilled caregivers who support each other. Lots of extra hours expected of staff.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 21, 2014
I work from 7p-7a currently. I enjoy the pace of night shift.
Management addresses problems and concerns quickly when they arrive.
I love to be a part of bringing new life into the world. It is an overall happy place to work. We do have our difficult situations.
One of the hardest parts of the job is dealing with fetal losses, but I feel I have a gift of working with parents going through this situation. I am on the bereavement committee and feel it makes a difference.
I love my co-workers. They are like family. We all work well as a team to provide excellent patient care.
Pros
Team work, weekend premium pay
Cons
Call time
Don't treat staff well
Polysomnography/EEG Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 7, 2014
Benefits are horrible, always short staffed, expected to work off the clock.
Fun plalce to work. A very positive environment with everyone supporting each other.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 17, 2014
Love my co-workers, they are like family. We work very efficiently with emphasis on patient satisfaction. I have learned about guiding patients through the diagnosis of cancer.

The toughest part of the job is when we have to tell someone they have breast cancer.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know so many wonderful women and getting to see them year after year.
Pros
Reduced price lunches, and recognition and rewards for going above and beyond (which is basically doing your job).
Cons
No breaks, micro managed.