Dupont Hospital Employee Reviews

Briarwood Village
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, OHFebruary 5, 2017
This job consisted of making meals for the patients in the assisted living. I would work two different kitchens for breakfast and lunch. Once breakfast was over I cleaned the area and then it was time for lunch and repeat the cleaning cycle.
Dupont Hospital
Unit Sec/Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 17, 2016
A typical day at work for me starts at 2:30pm. As soon as I get there I ask the nurses what they need from me. If nothing, it is mainly busy work-patient care, discharges, etc. At 7:00pm, I begin vitals. This usually takes a couple hours and brings me to 9:00pm which is when I stock until the end of my shift at 10:30pm. While working at Dupont I have learned to have patience and communication skills.Management at Dupont is not the best. I had several issues where I went to my boss but nothing was done to solve the problem at hand. The hardest part of my job is trying to juggle patients needs and nurses needs. Everyone needs different things at different times and being able to please everyone is difficult. The best part of my job are those certain patients that come in and you just can't wait to see them heal and get better and being a part of that recovery process along the way.
Hey]
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 27, 2016
I see that you guys have a lot of opportunities for employment. I am glad that I found this site to look for a better job for my future.
Great culture throughout the workplace
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 14, 2016
The environment is great and most administrative leaders are competent in their work. Teamwork is very common in most departments as well as effective work ethic.
Pros
Great health coverage and compensation is great
Cons
short breaks, incompetent middle managers
Dupont Hospital
Director of Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 23, 2016
Good place to work with great people to work with. Everyone works together for best results at all times. Great atmosphere to be around.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 21, 2014
I work from 7p-7a currently. I enjoy the pace of night shift.
Management addresses problems and concerns quickly when they arrive.
I love to be a part of bringing new life into the world. It is an overall happy place to work. We do have our difficult situations.
One of the hardest parts of the job is dealing with fetal losses, but I feel I have a gift of working with parents going through this situation. I am on the bereavement committee and feel it makes a difference.
I love my co-workers. They are like family. We all work well as a team to provide excellent patient care.
Pros
Team work, weekend premium pay
Cons
Call time
Fun plalce to work. A very positive environment with everyone supporting each other.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 17, 2014
Love my co-workers, they are like family. We work very efficiently with emphasis on patient satisfaction. I have learned about guiding patients through the diagnosis of cancer.

The toughest part of the job is when we have to tell someone they have breast cancer.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know so many wonderful women and getting to see them year after year.
Pros
Reduced price lunches, and recognition and rewards for going above and beyond (which is basically doing your job).
Cons
No breaks, micro managed.
alot of gossip and very stessfull
Environmental Service Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 2, 2015
Do not trust anybody,they will backstab you.Poor management and lack of communication.The cafeteria has great food at 50% off.
Pros
half off food
Cons
micromanaged
Fun workplace with great co-workers!
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  SurgeryJune 6, 2012
Patients never remember the hard work you put into taking care of them, so this job didn't get much recognition. However, I loved what I did and our team worked very hard to ensure every pastient was taken care of as if they were our own family.
Pros
helping heal patients
Cons
not much positive feedback
Fair Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 26, 2012
They run the facility at the bare minimum for a work force than expect everyone to pick up the slack at a moments notice regardless of prior commitments
Puductive work place. Enjoyed opportunities I had at Dupont
Externship (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 18, 2013
I learned alot at Dupont Hospital in the Biomed Department Thanks to Doug, Jeremy, and Eric.
Pros
50% off meals
Can't seem to keep administration-constant turnover & holes
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 8, 2014
Highly skilled caregivers who support each other. Lots of extra hours expected of staff.
Don't treat staff well
Polysomnography/EEG Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 7, 2014
Benefits are horrible, always short staffed, expected to work off the clock.
A nice looking job environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 17, 2013
Many temp nurses currently working here, stability is somewhat concerning.
Kept busy all day.
Pharmacy Tech Extern (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 7, 2013
Fun place to work. Would love to work here. People are very cooperative and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dupont Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7