DuPont Pioneer Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace with Great People
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  IowaDecember 10, 2017
I couldn't ask for better people to collaborate and work alongside. All of my managers in my time with Pioneer have been good, not great. Managers are always available and helpful when they can be. Employee feedback could be improved at reviews I would recommend Pioneer as a place to work because of the people there.
Great place to work!
Security Sergeant, First Watch (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IADecember 8, 2017
I have worked for DuPont Pioneer for 13 years. It is a great place to work with great job opportunities. I appreciate that I can live and work in Johnston. I have made many wonderful friends while working at Pioneer.
Pros
Location and pay
Cons
Currently none
Summer Job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 8, 2017
For high school kids looking to earn some money and need to work hard this was the job for you. Not just kids adults also could work. I enjoyed my hard working experience and earning money for myself for the summer buying my own school supplies and clothes. Saving money for a rainy day like dances or other things. This job had you work hard in hot summers and long hours you got 30 minutes lunch and hydration breaks to make sure you were okay. They did not condone horse play or any sense of the fashion of ignorance abiding by the rules. If caught parents were immediately called and would have to come to job cite to be picked up and taken home. Company provided transportation from bus station to work cite and back it is up to employee on method of getting to and from said station. It was not required you worked everyday but the more you worked the more money you earned. It was an average of 7.50 an hour got a bonus if field was cleared on first go in first day increase of a dollar. It required focus on knowing what tastles were pick them properly endured long hours of standing and walking through fields if machine wasn't available to assist you to comb fields. Employee is responsible for own food and water jug.Some snacks and water was provided daily as well as a nurse on cite if something were to happen.
DuPont Pioneer
Research Worker (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 5, 2017
A typical day at Pioneer includes going out to our fields (depending on the weather) and also helping out anywhere we are needed. Everyone their helps you if you don't exactly know what you're doing. I have learned many things about farming since I have started working here.
Nice place to work
Forklift Driver/Operater (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CADecember 4, 2017
I really enjoyed working here I just would like to be hired on permanent. Pay is really nice and don't really have anyone on you bugging they let you do your job. they take the time to train you correctly.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Rotating shifts and very muddy parking lot
Great Company but the merger has turned it into a stressful environment
Encirca Support - CSA Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IANovember 14, 2017
The company as a whole is amazing and the pay is competitive. If you don't mind being micromanaged at every corner.

Worked with a great group. Supported the Encirca Platform, Mapping and other software used by all Certified Service Agents and CU Service Leads through phone, voice mail and e-mail.
Pros
Pto
Great place to work in more certain times
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IANovember 13, 2017
This was my first real job out of college and my experience was great! I had the opportunity to work with and learn from world class talent in the field of biotechnology. I was encouraged and was given the resources to pursue and develop new ideas and products. Educational advancement was encouraged and mentorships were available to new staff. In more certain economic times, this was a great place to work, but restructuring and layoffs have made the work environment stressful. I would defiantly consider working here again.
Pros
Good pay, benifits and work/life balance
Cons
Few advancement oppritunities
Great Place to Work!
Microsoft Office Upgrade Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IANovember 10, 2017
Excellent and comfortable place to focus on work. Stable and goal oriented. Relaxed and easy going staff with ability to produce quality project results.
Well structured and great team
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IANovember 10, 2017
I had to learn a lot in a short period of time, and the team I worked with was more than willing to teach. They were friendly and clearly good at what they do.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
A lot to remember
My assignment for temporary
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAOctober 30, 2017
I have worked in various areas of DuPont Pioneer and was very pleased with my time there. The reason I left was due budget constraints and would enjoy another assignment there.
Excellent place to work!
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAOctober 27, 2017
I can't say enough. It's just a great place to work. One of the best work environments I've had the pleasure of being a part of.Definitely give Dupont Pioneer a look!
Pros
Excellent management, team oriented.
Benefits are good
Production Technician / Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, OHOctober 23, 2017
Benefits are good and good people. Like most places the Grand Rapids Plant has their pros and cons. Pros - there are a lot of really great people that work in the plant. Cons - at times management lacks leadership skills.
Manual Labor Work
Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IAOctober 3, 2017
Long days outside in the heat and sun, but good pay and fun colleagues. The hours depended on what fields were ready and when. They are a company that follows laws and standards closely.
Wonderful Work Enviroment
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAOctober 2, 2017
Management was outstanding. Work environment was professional and friendly. Advancement options are limited. We interacted primarily with the farmers across the nation. I recommend this company highly
Company going through many changes
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 29, 2017
DuPont is in the process of merging with DOW Chemicals and is still trying to figure out where it will be after everything settles. It was, for the most part, a good company to work for. Flexible scheduling was definitely a plus when trying to balance work and family.
Growth is individual responsiblity
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IASeptember 26, 2017
Growth opportunities are important to all, and when developing within a career it is important to have mentors and a support system in place. The leadership YIELD (previously LEAD) program has allowed much growth and learning opportunities.
Seasonal Responsibilities
Sr. Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Princeton, INSeptember 24, 2017
One of the best things about working in the Ag industry is the seasonal nature of the business. After a few weeks to a couple months of a specific task/job responsibility, you will transition to a new focus which keeps work interesting.
Not very good
Corn Sorter (Current Employee) –  Tipton, INSeptember 21, 2017
It was a hard-working place with no room for anything but working... the managers constantly complain.. all that goes on is people complaining and wanting to leave early
Shift work
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAAugust 30, 2017
Busy days, outdoors, days/swing and night shift rotation during busy season. Basic benefits available to employees. Sick and vacation earned based on hours worked.
Goal oriented work station, Great co-workers
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 15, 2017
Love this company, and working with talented groups of individuals. This companies merger is conflicting with job security. This position was a great experience, job security is a must.