DuPont Pioneer

DuPont Pioneer Employee Reviews

Pleasant time
Production Technician (Current Employee), Leroy, IllinoisJune 18, 2015
Pros: Safe work environment
I had a great time working for DuPont Pioneer. There I made a lot of good friends in the working environment I enjoy most. I also gained a lot of experience in warehouse and distribution.
Was a good place of employment
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), IndianaJune 18, 2015
Pros: clothing allowance, friendly environment
Was a good place to work. They downsized and laid off employees. One of their Core Values is Respect for People. They didn't show respect for the employees when they came in and laid off 40 people in one day without any notice
Productive location of extrordinary people
Manager (Former Employee), IowaJune 7, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Upper managment didnot understand to business and were short sighted with decisions being made
Great location with great people. The local environment was excellent with rewarding work in a safe environment. It was difficult to operate at times due to lack of communication from management and financial constraints made on budgets and hiring.
excellent
Informatics - Operational Support Business Analyst (Current Employee), Johnston, IAMay 27, 2015
Excellent place to work. My manager is phenomenal and I have learned more here than I have in college! Wonderful wonderful people!
Productive company.
YIELD TEST INTERN (Former Employee), Proctor ArkansasMay 17, 2015
A typical work day starts at 7:30am and ends around 4:30pm except during planting or harvest. It is not a high stress job. great atmosphere and co workers are like family. A great place to work and a great company to work for.
Management is a joke
Production Technician (Current Employee), Plymouth, INMay 12, 2015
Pros: vacation time, 401(k), benefits
Cons: constantly switching shifts
Pioneer used to be a good place to work up until about 3 years ago. Once they started adding layers and layers of management things started going on a downward spiral ever since. The old saying is true, too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Field Work
Field Worker (Former Employee), Peoria, ILApril 8, 2015
I would wake up at 3 a.m. in order to catch the bus that would take me to the cornfields where we would work. We arrived there around 4 or 5 a.m. and start working until 3 or 4 p.m depending on the weather. We had 2 breaks, one of 15 minutes and one of 30 minutes.
Though my co-workers made it fun, and we saw our job like a competition to see who could work accurate and faster. The management were always very attentive providing sometimes food to the whole group.
DuPont Pioneer Hi-Bred
Research Associate (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 4, 2015
Worked as part of a team to product transgenic soybean plants. Used both agrobacterium mediated transfer and genetic particle bombardment.
the job is great if you can deal with all the B.S. that they give you.
Production Technician (Former Employee), Dahlgren, ILMarch 3, 2015
Pros: decent pay, ok benefits.
Cons: poor mgt., poor communication, bad work schedules.
poor management. too many chiefs and not enough Indians. boss is always riding you about something whether you do it their way or not.
Solid Local Company
Research Associate (Current Employee), Dallas Center, IAFebruary 25, 2015
Long history of being a good company to work for. However, as the company transitions more to DuPont and further away from Pioneer, respect for employees is decreasing.
research and development
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee), Johnston, IAFebruary 14, 2015
Research and development, departments, lean, six sigma. Monday through Friday regular full time hours, flexible schedule, busy peak periods.
Enjoyable work place
Production Improvement Coordinator (Current Employee), Kekaha HawaiiJanuary 30, 2015
Great work atmosphere. I have enjoyed the years I have worked here. I would gladly recommend employment at this company.
looking for a change
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Fremont, IAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: live close by
Cons: work life balance
I have no work life balance. 60 plus hours a week. calls at night. priorities change frequently with added duties good place to work if you don't care about work life balance looking for hourly work from salary
Good Company to work for.
Research Associate (Current Employee), PRJanuary 14, 2015
Being a Fortune 500 company this is a great experience to have. It shows how a multinational works, how competition affects the company and how the uncertainty of the market has made changes.
Friendly boss who taught me the ins and outs of the trade
Quality Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, PAJanuary 12, 2015
learned how to trouble shoot and install electricity in new and existing homes.
VERY GOOD PEOPLE
Production Operator (Former Employee), PRJanuary 9, 2015
LIKED ME MUCH WORK ENVIRONMENT . THE PARTNERS WERE VERY BUENOS.Y WORK WAS EASY AND COMFORTABLE .
Young crew, ambitious crew!
Maize Product Development Internship (Former Employee), CODecember 22, 2014
Really enjoyed my time working in Colorado. The people were extremely fun to work with, was an enjoyment to go to work everyday!
productive, organized, and overall great company
isloation surveyer (Former Employee), Woodland, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: work truck and cell phone.
Cons: no cons
Learned good time management and how to go and check as many fields while being proficient and do the job correct.
Great work environment
Sr. Applications Consultant (Current Employee), Johnston, IADecember 4, 2014
One of the best work environments to be part of. They are extremely structured and organized. The tasks are streamlined and prioritized properly.Big stake holder involvement which helps in identifying the business needs. Last but not least great people to work with and learn from.
boring and repetitive
Warehouse / Production Technician (Former Employee), Utica, ILDecember 2, 2014
Pros: paid time off, sick time, co-workers
Cons: management, temp workers
Old style management, no room for advancement,core values and safety are so rigid it interferes with job completion.
For the most part good co-workers however your constantly training temp workers with a very high turnover rate.

1 2 3