DuPont Pioneer

DuPont Pioneer Employee Reviews

Productive company.
YIELD TEST INTERN (Former Employee), Proctor ArkansasMay 17, 2015
A typical work day starts at 7:30am and ends around 4:30pm except during planting or harvest. It is not a high stress job. great atmosphere and co workers are like family. A great place to work and a great company to work for.
Management is a joke
Production Technician (Current Employee), Plymouth, INMay 12, 2015
Pros: vacation time, 401(k), benefits
Cons: constantly switching shifts
Pioneer used to be a good place to work up until about 3 years ago. Once they started adding layers and layers of management things started going on a downward spiral ever since. The old saying is true, too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Field Work
Field Worker (Former Employee), Peoria, ILApril 8, 2015
I would wake up at 3 a.m. in order to catch the bus that would take me to the cornfields where we would work. We arrived there around 4 or 5 a.m. and start working until 3 or 4 p.m depending on the weather. We had 2 breaks, one of 15 minutes and one of 30 minutes.
Though my co-workers made it fun, and we saw our job like a competition to see who could work accurate and faster. The management were always very attentive providing sometimes food to the whole group.
DuPont Pioneer Hi-Bred
Research Associate (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 4, 2015
Worked as part of a team to product transgenic soybean plants. Used both agrobacterium mediated transfer and genetic particle bombardment.
the job is great if you can deal with all the B.S. that they give you.
Production Technician (Former Employee), Dahlgren, ILMarch 3, 2015
Pros: decent pay, ok benefits.
Cons: poor mgt., poor communication, bad work schedules.
poor management. too many chiefs and not enough Indians. boss is always riding you about something whether you do it their way or not.
Solid Local Company
Research Associate (Current Employee), Dallas Center, IAFebruary 25, 2015
Long history of being a good company to work for. However, as the company transitions more to DuPont and further away from Pioneer, respect for employees is decreasing.
research and development
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee), Johnston, IAFebruary 14, 2015
Research and development, departments, lean, six sigma. Monday through Friday regular full time hours, flexible schedule, busy peak periods.
Enjoyable work place
Production Improvement Coordinator (Current Employee), Kekaha HawaiiJanuary 30, 2015
Great work atmosphere. I have enjoyed the years I have worked here. I would gladly recommend employment at this company.
looking for a change
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Fremont, IAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: live close by
Cons: work life balance
I have no work life balance. 60 plus hours a week. calls at night. priorities change frequently with added duties good place to work if you don't care about work life balance looking for hourly work from salary
Good Company to work for.
Research Associate (Current Employee), PRJanuary 14, 2015
Being a Fortune 500 company this is a great experience to have. It shows how a multinational works, how competition affects the company and how the uncertainty of the market has made changes.
Friendly boss who taught me the ins and outs of the trade
Quality Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, PAJanuary 12, 2015
learned how to trouble shoot and install electricity in new and existing homes.
VERY GOOD PEOPLE
Production Operator (Former Employee), PRJanuary 9, 2015
LIKED ME MUCH WORK ENVIRONMENT . THE PARTNERS WERE VERY BUENOS.Y WORK WAS EASY AND COMFORTABLE .
Young crew, ambitious crew!
Maize Product Development Internship (Former Employee), CODecember 22, 2014
Really enjoyed my time working in Colorado. The people were extremely fun to work with, was an enjoyment to go to work everyday!
productive, organized, and overall great company
isloation surveyer (Former Employee), Woodland, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: work truck and cell phone.
Cons: no cons
Learned good time management and how to go and check as many fields while being proficient and do the job correct.
Great work environment
Sr. Applications Consultant (Current Employee), Johnston, IADecember 4, 2014
One of the best work environments to be part of. They are extremely structured and organized. The tasks are streamlined and prioritized properly.Big stake holder involvement which helps in identifying the business needs. Last but not least great people to work with and learn from.
boring and repetitive
Warehouse / Production Technician (Former Employee), Utica, ILDecember 2, 2014
Pros: paid time off, sick time, co-workers
Cons: management, temp workers
Old style management, no room for advancement,core values and safety are so rigid it interferes with job completion.
For the most part good co-workers however your constantly training temp workers with a very high turnover rate.
Great talent and growth opportunity, but challenged with parent company limitations
Leader (Current Employee), Johnston, IANovember 7, 2014
Pros: great campus, flexible work enviornment, particularly for those that work globally.
Cons: work spaces small open cubicles making concetrated work difficult, benefits cut significantly, teams understaffed, development eliminated.
Pioneer has a great culture and is a very innovative and inspiring place to work. Coworkers are committed and supportive. Great team enviornment. Historically very entreprenurial.

Parent company DuPont is squeezing all the investments from Pioneer. That is impacting the enviornment and culture understaffing and eliminating long term support for short term gain. DuPont leadership does not respect or support Pioneer investment and leadership. Development of employees has been eliminated. Benefits reduced to now be below competitive. Internal support resources (HR/IT/etc) are being reduced to a point that it is significantly restricting business areas to operate. If the corporate strategy changes direction to reinvest in Pioneer, it will become a great place to work again. Currently in a downword spiral.
Fast pace production, responsiblity and decision making
Production Supervisor Tech (Current Employee), Plymouth, INOctober 10, 2014
Pros: can be self sufficiant and some free time. safety is first always
Cons: long hours, not a good work life balance
At Du Pont Pioneer the task vary seasonally.
Plant production is September to March. This is a challenging time as corn production only has months to produce output requirements of sales. typical day can be operating size machines and de-stoners to setting up programs on the Sortex z+ color sorting machines. This is a multifaceted job requiring many skills and time management. Open to new ideas and ability to work in a close team environment.

Field duties can include operating machinery to assist in the planting and tasseling duties. Has taught time management and how to implement white boards and 5s into the farm operations of growers. Bolstered grower relations and improved seedsmanship skills on different agronomic issues.
Low stress environment with very friendly co-workers
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Johnston, IAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: low stress, good people, always new things to learn
Cons: constant last minute duties
I learned something new almost every other week. My managers were awesome. They were very intelligent, helpful, understanding, and laid back. My co-workers were friendly, and also helpful. I really got a sense of teamwork even though we worked on different projects. I was given much independence from my managers to determine my schedule, which almost always varied from day to day.

About 3/4 of my time was spent in the lab, and the other fourth was spent doing field work. My manager would teach me new techniques every other week, and I would I then do those procedures by myself.

In the morning, I would quickly go through the items I had planned to do that day with my manager. He would approve, deny, add, or change my agenda. The rest of the day would be spent performing experiments and/or doing field work. I had to be very flexible with my time because any moment I could be called into another project. The lab experiments was the most enjoyable part of my job.

The toughest part of the job was having to almost "jump" into things. From day one, I was running experiments I had never performed before. It was almost like a sink-or-swim type of training, but I loved the challenge.
Ok place to work. They need to work on the teamwork and communication skills.
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee), Utica, ILOctober 7, 2014
Not much to say about this. This is a good company that is going in the right direction but there is a lot of people that have been here for a long time and stuck in there ways. They don't take to change very well.

1 2 3