DuPont Pioneer Employee Reviews in United States

Very productive work place. Enjoyed working hard with other employees.
International Logistics Analyst, (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work was from 7::30 to 4:30 PM. I did work overtime when needed.

I learned many scientific details on growing various types of seed within the US, Canada, and Worldwide. I also learned the logistics of moving seed and equipment and documents needed to get the items transported to a specific country. I was highly trained not only in aspects of the positions I held at DuPont Pioneer, but also always gaining new business knowledge, and self improvement classes offered to improve my business skills and personal skills.

Management I respected and the responsibilities with their own jobs - very responsible to their employees.

I enjoyed my co-workers and team building with them. on a worldwide basis.

The hardest part of the job was when DuPont was merging with Dow and they cut positions to save dollars including mine.

The most enjoyable part of my job were the people I worked with within the US and Worldwide. Also the great experiences I had learning the Pioneer business and helping move the company forward.
Pros
Great working atmosphere, hard working employees, team building, opportunities to learn and grow, and applying safety everyday.
Cons
As jobs were eliminated, we all acquired other employees responsibilities.
Changing with the season
Production/Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Reinbeck, IAJune 21, 2016
The best thing about working with Pioneer is your job changes with the season. So, the scenery of where you're working is always changing and it truly makes the time pass right on by. Our location also works extremely well together as a team to put out great production numbers. The key is teamwork.
Pros
Adequate PTO
Cons
Alternating schedules
high value placed on family, my group was very close knit
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAJune 20, 2016
Pioneer was bought out by Dupont while I worked there and the culture of the company changed, there was less value placed on family values and a sense of community, when Dupont bought Pioneer they let go hundreds of people during the merger and this still continues today. The whole culture changed. The people I was in the same group with were an amazing group of people and I learned a lot from them.
Pros
families came first before Dupont merged with Pioneer
Cons
lay offs, change in ownership, loss of job security
Great summer job for a high schooler to make some fundage
Temp ag worker (Former Employee) –  Reinbeck, IAJune 20, 2016
I learned through working here that staying positive and motivated will increase the quality of the work you are doing. In return this will open more opportunities on the job for more hours and benefits.The hardest part was definitely walking the corn fields all day in the heat. Enjoyable part was the accomplishment at the end of each day.
Always a dynamic and unique working environment
Field Operations Manager NA Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Cherokee, IAJune 2, 2016
Managing a crop breaks your year into specific season with strict deadlines. The structure of the growing seasons trickles into the roles as Field Operations Manager. I will oversee a very wide variety of processes throughout one growing season. Many of which provide their own unique challenges. This dynamic work environment ensures there's never a dull moment. The fast pace mentality and quick decision making required for crop production are also attractive attributes of my current role. All of the responsibilities and uncontrollable factors can make for very complex process management which, at times, can become frustrating. The people management is the most rewarding task of all. It does come with its fair share of 'bumps in the road' when building a team to perform at an expected level.
Pros
Changing seasons, interactions directly with customers, people managment
Cons
geography
Soybean seed production
Production Technician III (Former Employee) –  LeRoy, ILJune 2, 2016
The job and its responsibilities are actually pretty enjoyable. Unfortunately, the lack of quality leadership around the plant and higher management make the work environment extremely hard to be productive in. Lots of micromanagement and wasted time. Little to no encouragement for common sense ideas. Very political and fosters a "one-up others" attitude.
Good Work Enviroment
Shipping Department Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MNMay 20, 2016
Relaxed place to work but doesn't keep you busy all year long. Really good people to work with and very flexible with your schedule.
Turning into an inhumane company
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAMay 18, 2016
DuPont treats people horribly. DuPont runs companies into the ground after taking all their profits and then has to sell them. Killing careers along the way. Dirty business people. They hide behind their fictitious core values. Eliminate positions with highest competency. They trick into a conference room thinking you are just having a normal meeting when you get in you find the HR person with your marching papers and gag order to sign or you get nothing. Embedded in the paper work are several copies of their core values and respect for people that everyone that works their knows is false.
Pros
Still have some great people left but they are going fast
Cons
Since DuPont took over its like working for a habitual lair, Career destroyer
Ensure Employees are Safe
Safety Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maxton, NCApril 7, 2016
Keep site employees safe, so that they come home to their family.
Maintain SDS
Keep current on OSHA Reg's.
Keep Training Records
Maintain Safety Records
Good company overall.
Business Requirements Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAMarch 24, 2016
DuPont has been a great place to work. They treat their employees well and everyone there is great. I don't know how the culture will be impacted in the future.
Not as good as it used to be!
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Tipton, INMarch 10, 2016
Pioneer was a great place to work 5 years ago, the company took care of their employees. Had catered in meals to business relevant meetings, company Christmas partied, even gave away turkeys for thanksgiving. The last 2 years has been a rollercoaster ride with the current management regime. It has simply turned into a what have you done for me lately company. They came up with a matrix tool to use for promotional advancement only to later choose other people and claim management discretion was more important than a numbered metric. There are people you can and can't trust and it becomes obvious once you get some time in. The company always wants you to do more without extending any extra pay and slamming you with no raise or bonus when review time comes around.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managers and Team Leads know less than Employees and try to push with zero equipment knowledge.
Great work environment of professional collaborators
Senior Investment Manager - Technology Assets (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAMarch 8, 2016
Pioneer offers the opportunity to work with a diverse group of professionals in support of growing the Pioneer value proposition to its customers. In my role as Senior Investment Manager every day was different. Management supported our approach to portfolio management and valued our professional opinions. Working closely with our research scientist I gained knowledge of our Ag-biotech programs which represent the future value of Pioneer. This is an outstanding company to work for.
Friendly work environment with hands on research
Seasonal Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAMarch 7, 2016
This company gave me an opportunity to put my foot in the door for experience dealing with field research. All the co-worker seemed to have invested in their job. It can be labor extensive at times but it is also enjoyable. Most days was spent on discarding seed and plot maintenance. At times, I would help associates with their research projects
fun place to work at
Team Leader (Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAFebruary 23, 2016
transform corn and subculture callus tissues. Playing ping pong with friend during the break. people are very friendly.
Excellent work environment with opportunities for growth
AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHFebruary 23, 2016
Competitive atmosphere centered around Teamwork to achieve sales targets. Daily customer and employee interactions with daily learning opportunities.

Growth in management skills and how to motivate sales teams

Company management is there to help individuals and teams succeed

Co-workers are professional and hard working looking towards customer satisfaction and company metrics

Hardest part of the job was taking time for vacations because the environment was so invigorating

Most enjoyable aspects include customer interaction and watching my sales team grow personally and professionally
Pros
Customers and employee interactions
Cons
Good
Sr SAP BO Admin & Portal Lead (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAFebruary 19, 2016
It is a nice company to work.People in Pioneer are very friendly and nice, especially the team that I worked is a very nice. I never had a problem other than struggling for job security.
Productive,
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORFebruary 15, 2016
Over all this is a great place to work, very friendly people working there, willing to help you out when needed. I only worked there a couple of weeks, and I loved it. Its not a job that I would like to be dedicated to my whole life that is why I havent gone back but the management and employees are great. I learned a couple things bout the corn that they grow there and it was just an over all nice experience.
decent pay decent hours
Warehouse/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tama, IAJanuary 31, 2016
rotating schedules not a fan 10 or 12 hr shifts not bad if u not the one waking up at 4am but nothing to complain about other then not knwn when what week will be your last if u aplly here make sure its with the company an not an agency I liked the job tho
Pros
good pay lots of hours
Cons
agency hire employee cuts yearly
Dynamic place to work
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, IAJanuary 27, 2016
Shipping Coordinator position involved scheduling seed deliveries to sales reps and other plants to meet their demands. Each day is different and involves keeping updated on inventory at several warehouses. Co-workers were great to work with, and a very good resource for information.
Chances to advance career
Sr SAP SD/LE/MM Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAJanuary 17, 2016
Chances to advance career