DuPont Employee Reviews

Provided a very well rounded background
Global Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 17, 2018
Opportunity to develop experience and knowledge in multiple functions over a career. Leadership can come from multiple backgrounds and functions, not only one path.
Productive and fun place to work
Empacador (Former Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRJanuary 16, 2018
Fun place to work people were great and I was able to use my skills on a daily basis
Management was really helpful all the time and good to work with
n/a
Machine Operator/Chemical Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 16, 2018
Working at DuPont gave me alot of skills that i can use in other jobs and in all expects of my life. It is very hard work but worth it to gain the skills
Good Benefits, Bad Hours
Manufacturing Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Good place to work, but the hours can be a bit long and rotating shifts with midnights, weekends and some holidays too. The management is ok and there is a Union too that is helpful at times.
Pros
Good money
Cons
long hours and weekends
Unstable, demanding, no teamwork
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Axis, ALJanuary 15, 2018
Use to be a good company. They say all the right things, but do not practice methods and procedures they preach. Talk about building a professional culture, but moral is typically low.
Pros
Willing to train, have few nice perks
Cons
Build silo's, workers like to point fingers to ge out of doing work
I will never go back unless I become an actual dupont employee
Production operator (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 15, 2018
I didn't really like it due to being a contractor and no one caures about contractors at that plant. Now I would go back if I get hired as an actual employee
Very good place to work but there are many changes going on.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 15, 2018
People are great to work with. Management listens to your ideas. Learned many new PowerPoint diagrams and advance Excel spreadsheets. Workplace can be stressful at times but very rewarding.
A great place to work.
Quality Technician/Quality Assurances/Jr Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCJanuary 15, 2018
I would go back to work with Dupont in a heartbeat, I tried to get rehired at two location, Charleston, SC and Fayetteville, NC with no luck. It was a great place to work with a competitive salary. It provided excellent benefits however, they were better when I was 1st hired. Over the years they were still good just not as good. I received my degree while at Dupont and they paid for every dime. As I said before I would gladly accept an opportunity to work with Dupont again.
Pros
Benefits, working conditions, technology, Opportunity to travel.
Cons
shift work
Dupont great quality of work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 14, 2018
The company was flexible providing for great quality of life. People were passionate. The company took safety seriously. I would recommend DuPont to a friend.
Not Good
Document Control Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Nevada, IAJanuary 11, 2018
Management made you think they wanted your ideals, only to be shut down. Plant lacked communication and organization. Was told training would be available, but more concerned in producing product. I understand that is the goa;, however, employees are more productive if they are included and trusted and they can believe management. -- Plant closed after the DOW/DuPont merger. DuPont seems to be good at down sizing and letting good valued employees go!
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Lacked communication, organization and lay offs
Ever Changing workplace
Plant Accountant-Circleville and OLEDs (Current Employee) –  Dupont, PAJanuary 10, 2018
Experience here really depends on department and manager, extremely variable. Changes mean lack of job security and constant personnel changes. Company very cheap, employee perks are minimal.
Project Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 10, 2018
DuPont was a good place to work. The people are good people and the work is challenging. The products made at the Richmond location are unique which made the work fun.
A Place one can work many years, happily, and retire with a smile.
TECHNICIAN PIONEER (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, OHJanuary 9, 2018
My tenure at this facility was far too short lived. I came in a temporary worker and didn't like receiving the news my time was over. I could honestly work at Dupont/Pioneer for decades, and retire feeling good about the work I've done. The job isn't stressful, and it's not boring. It's rather perfect. They have employees engaged in a few different activities every night so that it's not too boring, they offer different jobs every night. The people are knowledgeable and easy to work with. I would have liked to have stayed much longer.
Pros
steady schedule, dependable
Cons
not much overtime
Poor work conditions and even poorer personnel
Operator (Former Employee) –  Deepwater, NJJanuary 9, 2018
Antiquated equipment, dirty and hostile work environments, working outdoors year round and nasty co-workers pretty much sums up my experience at DuPont.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else
Good
Chemical Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRJanuary 8, 2018
Maintained adequate water storage tank levels and pressures to meet water demand.Measured and adjusted chemical feed rates.Adjusted pumping systems, chemical feeders, auxiliary equipment, control systems storage tank levels and pump stations indicators.Loaded and unloaded treatment plant chemicals.Monitored flows, pressures, chemical feeds levels and water quality indicators.Forklift Warehouse Packing the product
ELISA Development and protein Purification
Biochemist (Former Employee) –  North Billerica, MAJanuary 8, 2018
Had a great boss; after getting laid off we worked on writing papers for publication. Work included doing protein purification that started my way looking for process Development jobs. This place had a pension that I qualified for and that was the start of the 401k
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
laid off
Operations Shift Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Edgemoor, DEJanuary 4, 2018
Job was demanding at times. Long hours at times and because of the business function and the down market it was hard to motivate employees of the importance of keeping the production timeline.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Moral
Temporary work
Temporary Positions (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 28, 2017
This was temporary work for me in a production setting. The job was very fast paced, but not at all difficult to perform. the setting was very clean and the people very friendly.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Part-time
Enjoyable but stressful place to work
Reliability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Axis, ALDecember 26, 2017
Company closed due to buy out. Bottle neck was all of the red-tape and extra effort to design and implement a project. I was a the facility for 30+ years and enjoyed for the most part. The people were great and could accomplish anything. Work stress was high.
Pros
can work from home
Cons
always on a rush timeline
they make everything
Supervisor - Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 26, 2017
no comment as it has been quite a long time since I worked there. so say I and all others. and I have nothing else to say so I will just keep typing until I hit 150 words.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DuPont. Our community is ready to answer.