DuPont Employee Reviews

Physically demanding, great paying job
Cell Operator/ Temperature Man (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Dupont was a good company to work because they offered excellent pay and good benefits. It was a job that required some mental determination as it was physically demanding, and sometimes the temperature inside the plant was over 100 degrees fahrenheit. Unfortunately the plant closed due to a lack of demand for sodium, if it was still open I would absolutely still be employed there today.
Pros
Excellent pay, great co-workers
Cons
Plant closed
Dupont Sustainable Solutions Consulting is on life support and downsizing
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 21, 2017
Worked at DuPont Sustainable Solutions. Poor management. Insignificant, erratic, unpredictable growth and profitability. Business being dramatically downsized. Does not appear to be a business that will remain core to the new Dow/DuPont organization.
Pros
Good pay, benefits.
Cons
Virtually no career advancement opportunities, Exceptionally top heavy management structure. Downsizing
Real good place to work
Soybean Extraction Operator (Former Employee) –  Gibson City, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Worked 3 1/2 years as an Extraction Operator and loved it. The huge downside for me was the 2 week swing shift. 2 weeks on 5am-5pm then 2 weeks on 5pm-5am. Good hours if you're single. You end up working 2 days on and then 2 off. Every other weekend you work Saturday, Sunday, Monday.

Transferred to a straight dayshift cleanup position after 3 1/2 years of being zombified by the swing shift. I liked the work the position offered: loading shipping containers with meal, helping move rail, cleaning up, etc. After awhile the dept. superintendent put my name in some safety committee and was forced to go to mandatory meetings all the time. That wasn't my cup of tee.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, work
Cons
swing shift
Customer Service in the Building Innovation Department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 27, 2017
In a group of 4, I helped create a customer service department, for DuPont's Building Innovations, from the ground up. Thousands of backed up emails, voicemail's, and sales leads were returned. Once the department was back on track, I trained DuPont employees on how to continue to provide service to these customers.
i was a production employee
Lab Operator (Former Employee) –  Leland NCJanuary 9, 2017
I was very young when I was at DuPont and really enjoyed working in a large place. I was a creel operator and I also drove the fork lift on this job. I worked the last 4 years in the lab, I performed series of test on the product. I resigned to raise my children as a stay at home wife and mother.
Pros
I loved working with a diverse group of people.
Cons
Pay was excellent and the benefits were great also.
Productive and fun workplace
Chemical operator (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 13, 2017
This has been my first job after graduating college and has been very enjoyable. I got very lucky finding a job with a great culture (work hard, play hard). Everybody is eager to share knowledge and supportive of branching out of the department to explore other avenues.
Pros
Food on site, activities like ping pong and pool table. Friday afternoon social
Cons
Healthcare
Relaxed and Self directed with great team dynamics
Process Technician II (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 2, 2016
Overall Dupont is an OK company to work for. It's health benefits can be better and it has a pretty bad career advancement but the team environment is great. The environment is relaxed and very friendly. Many team building activities. Work load can be tough at times and very easy other times. The hours can be pretty flexible
Pros
unlimited sickdays, 3 weeks vacation, flexible hours
Cons
no room for growth. health benefits aren't great.
The Best Company I ever worked for
Management Specialist - DC&F (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DE 19805January 6, 2017
Working with my co-worker was my highlight for the day. Great people. Being a team player. There was nothing hard in my job. I love the challenges. I did Administrative support for Director, 7 Patent Legal Attorneys and Manager
- General office duties such as filing, typing, answering phones, travel arrangements, expense reports & organizing travel, etc.
-Working with Corporate Compliance as the Corporate Records & Information Management Specialist. Traveling to other Sites & meeting new people and doing Records Audit training at DuPont Sites.
-Working with Export & Trade Secrets Manager and do training at DuPont Sites.
-Running SAP reports, budgeting reports, typing & filing Patents
I didn't do the same thing twice everyday.
I loved my job.
Pros
They care about you & your family when there is an emergency
Cons
Had to retire due to new Company
Great work environment
Project Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 23, 2017
DuPont is a great company to work for, especially in-terms of people/work culture and career advancement. Having been part of their field engineering program, I was exposed to so many aspects of the business and felt as if I had control of my career the entire time.
Pros
Career, People, Job Safety
Cons
Office Politics
Toxic environment!!! Beware, the Dupont name is just hype
Mechanical Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 4, 2016
The least supportive environment. Everyone looks out for themselves, no teamwork. A lot of arrogance and negativity. Management is self serving. Arrogant technical fellows with mental issues constantly berate co-workers and do not get reprimanded. They manipulate and take work away, then complain when you don't meet your 70% billable goal.

A lot of hot air with these technical geniuses that needs to get deflated. I left a stable job to work here, biggest mistake of my life as this place is a major disappointment. They lost their magic. Bosses only care about making themselves look good.
Pros
Pay is good, that's it
Cons
No steady work. Back stabbing of people. Toxic environment!
Brilliant, helpful place in a relaxed atmosphere
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  New Century, KSDecember 16, 2016
DuPont in New Century KS is professional, yet they are very VERY smart and very willing to share their time and knowledge with you about a vast variety of things. The company had a great work-life balance, and treated their employees great. I'm not so sure how things are since the merger with Dow, however.
It is a good place to work
Facility Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 23, 2017
It has its good and bad
overall a good job with some challenges
I am a upbeat positive person so the negative atmosphere is a little depressing at times. We have lost our comradery
Its lost its family love and commitment
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
negative atmosphere
DuPont was great place to work.
Property Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  DelawareOctober 28, 2016
Management was organized. We were always busy. The co-workers I enjoyed, we were truly a strong team. I learned all the DuPont computers programs and forms that needed to be processes for a successful outcome.
Pros
Keep business all the time, everyday it was a different task.
Cons
Getting materials approved for delivery thru DuPont security.
Superb Company
Engineering Manager/Master Black belt (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 30, 2017
This is a great company and they really try to help the employees. they went through very tough times and had to eliminate a lot of jobs, but I always enjoyed the people and the environment. Their core values are excellent.
Pros
People
Cons
Wall Street pressure
Great Pay but horrible job
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 27, 2017
Job would be great if management did a better job. Woring as a contractor is better than full time employee. Once you become a full time employee they look for all kinds of ways to fire you. Other than that the pay is great and overtime is frequent.
different from my previous experience
hole cleaning (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 26, 2017
I had to use a pipe cleaners to clean the thread holes it is a huge sewing machine that made carpets. I got to watch a robot do some work not sure what it was doing just know it came. Out of a door ran on floor looking at the machine
Pros
caffa
Cons
short lunch
Very good work environment. Good leadership. Good salary/benefits.
Lab Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXOctober 25, 2016
I worked for DuPont for 26 years until the Nylon business was sold to Koch Ind. in 2004.
I worked in the laboratory organization as a shift lab tech. lab Inst. tech, lab training coordinator, lab procedure writer
Pros
12 hr. Shift, 9-80 shift, flexible day schedule.
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement.
excellent work place
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  florence scMarch 1, 2017
This was a great job and great people to work with and the experience was worth it they taught me to be a hard worker I miss the workers there it was time for me to move on to other ventures like Fayetteville to get more and better opportunities
Great company with some concerns.
Chemical Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Grifton, NCSeptember 28, 2016
DuPont has been a great company to work for, as it relates to pay, total compensation, and working within a challenging career field. I feel their management team is out of touch with what the crew needs and wants, and there is an impression that the plant is divided between the haves (front office personnel) and the have-nots (operations and maintenance personnel).
Pros
Great pay for the area, great shift employee team members, seven-day breaks every month.
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, and unwillingness to accept new ideas.
Corporate America at its Finest...Rewards Bullies
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IASeptember 28, 2016
Worked with a scrum master who treated the scrum team poorly...often cussing at and harassing team members, especially those who were leaders. The scrum team repeatedly talked to management about the scrum master's behavior for well over a year. The scrum master was never removed from her position--and she was a contractor. Only after several team members left (the body count was at least 7), she was assigned to another team. Now she's been hired as a full-time IT manager. One of Pioneer's core values is to treat people with respect. I never noticed that core value being executed the entire time I worked there.
Pros
Hard-working teams
Cons
Gutless management, bullies thrive, liars get promoted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DuPont. Our community is ready to answer.