DuPont Employee Reviews in United States

Not a stable place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Century, KSApril 24, 2016
DuPont N&H will be sold soon. Don't waste your time getting a job here. They don't care about they're long term loyal employees. Once they're sold synergies will for sure happen. Marketing is always the first department to be cut. Beware!!!
Pros
Flexible, international
Cons
This company only worries about stakeholders and not employees.
The company as a whole was fine to work for.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIApril 20, 2016
The company has some interesting culture around safety and core values which required some adjusting belonging to a smaller company and then being acquired. Things in a large company like DuPont are just different than being with smaller companies. The thing that made it worthwhile for me was the site that I was located at. It had great culture that was enthusiastic about fitness and getting to know each other as though we were family all while still focusing on science which we all loved. It was a great group. Unfortunately, the company closed the location I was at.
Good Overall Employer
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  LaPorte, TXApril 19, 2016
DuPont provides an atmosphere for me to learn a lot in my field. I am able to become familiar in a large variety of instrumentation and techniques where in another setting I would have been more limited. The work atmosphere in general is low stress and accommodating to work/life balance.
Pros
low stress, good hours, good compensation
Technical Service Investigator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 11, 2016
Dupont is a good place to work.It has it s faults like any other big company but over all is a good place. Management is too risk adverse. The job is satisfying.
Great people, great work, bad managers
Associate Investigator (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 8, 2016
The people are great, the science is great and the job itself is great. The supervisors need to take some courses in empathy though.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 7, 2016
A typical day at work consist of replying to customer emails and voicemails, also fielding calls and creating leads for potential opportunities from customers and creating sample request for architects and designers. Internal meetings are held to discuss new techniques to satisfy our customers and bring new innovative ideas to the table.w
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Over time not provided
Good learning environment with a safety focused culture.
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHMarch 25, 2016
I had many positive learning experiences during my time with DuPont. I was able to learn from great and seasoned mentors that allowed me to develop my own engineering and management styles. The work was fast-paced and allowed me the flexibility to manage my own projects and upgrades. Overall, a very rewarding experience.
Pros
Mentors
Cons
Advancement opportunities
great job
Packer (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaMarch 25, 2016
DuPont is a great work environment with great people. The bosses were nice. The employees were great. I got a long with everyone. I learned so much from them.
Pros
great employees
Cons
Chemical Process Operator (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TX 77571March 23, 2016
Great place to work. Great coworkers who always have your back. Competitive benefits. Love the schedule and the overtime. Management could be better.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Better management
Productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 23, 2016
Great company to work for and hate that my employment had to end. I did learn a lot from the company and my fellow coworkers
Top heavy company with lack of people development.
Global Contract Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 22, 2016
Company undergoing major overhaul. Major cutbacks in all areas. Benefits package being severely reduced and raises have been stopped. Was a great place to work 10 years ago...
Best job in 17 years
Audio Visual Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAMarch 18, 2016
I was hired by Pioneer/Dupont through a staffing company and it turned out to be the best job I have had after 17 years at Wells Fargo. The staff was great to work with, the tasks were extremely fulfilling, and the hours of operation were perfect. I would love to find another company to work with that has the same type of work ethics and treatment.
Pros
Flexible times, continuous new projects
Cons
Was a temp/contract position and they had to end the contract due to mergings.
DuPont use to be a great place to work.
Accounts Payable and Disbursements Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 14, 2016
I spent 35 years with DuPont. In the early days it was wonderful. Lately, it's been horrible for even the employees left there. I do not have a positive opinion now.
DuPont is dying
Associate Investigator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 10, 2016
When I began at DuPont it was like the Disney World of R&D. It wasn't long before I found that it was dying from inside, young talent was being suppressed by Ivy League good old boys and girls who felt threatened by new ideas and where stuck in serious ruts trying to grind things out the same way they had been for the last 100 years. Dependency on government favors at both the state and federal levels led them into disaster with bio fuel. They will soon merge with Dow and afterwards split back into Dow and Pioneer and I am betting anything left of "DuPont" will soon after be cut up and sold to the highest bidder.
Very good place to work.
Business Unit Credit Lead (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAMarch 3, 2016
They asked for a hard days work but in return you were treated very fairly and with respect. You always had the freedom to use new ideas to grow and were treated with respect as well from co workers and peers. Great working environment.
Respectful, Polite Culture
Global Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 1, 2016
In the past DuPont has been a great place to work. They treat their employees well and everyone there is very nice. DuPont is undergoing significant change so I don't know how the culture will be impacted in the future.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
massive change ongoing right now
Respectful Core Values
Global Finance Leader - Staff Functions (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 23, 2016
Respectful corporate culture that values people, safety and the environment. Coworkers are great to work with and share knowledge. Hardest part of the jobs is capturing data from multiple data sources.
Worked from helper to supervisor and there was something new everyday.
Insulator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Started as a helper and worked my way to crew supervisor in 6 years and was only 22 years old. Responsible for 25 man crew that had to be shown what jobs they would work on each day. I had to order and get to jobsight all materials needed to keep everyone productive and able to meet production goals safely. Took care of payroll and read blueprints.
Pros
Liked being able to make decisions that would either be good or bad
Cons
Being the one responsible for anotherts actions
Great experience
Plant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 16, 2016
It was a short stay but e good one. Chemours on the other hand was different. Overall it was a good journey. The co-worker are awesome and really good people.
Strong Core Values, excellent training, smart people
Global Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 12, 2016
DuPont Company has strong core values and management is supportive of those values. It is a science driven company with many strong scientists and excellent technical resource. The turmoil during this time of merger with DuPont is distracting.