DuPont Employee Reviews

Enjoyable until Dupont bought out Pioneer Hi-Bred Int.
Logistics Specialist Basic (Former Employee) –  Woodhull, ILFebruary 12, 2016
Enjoyed the seasonal work at Dupont Pioneer over 35 years of service, Work life balance was ok, if you knew that you had to work extra hrs. in peak seasons. Company can be stressful during peak times and laid back at others..Quick learner on Logistics, and SAP, ,WMS programs to manage whse in a much more efficient way.
Pros
Bonus's and good benefits, different jobs throughout year.
Cons
Short lunch breaks, different work schedules, lack of qualified employeess
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 11, 2016
I worked from a home office. I had a specific area of small and big box accounts that I visited daily to teach and train all of ther employees on the Dupont Stainmaster products so they may sell the Dupont products effectively.I gained new accounts and cultivated existing accounts. Contract negotiations were attainable with the level of investment the business foresaw. I had to increase market share with this product and retail concepts.
Pros
home office
Cons
traveling out of state
Historical stability replaced by change
Global Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 9, 2016
Clearly a company that is in a period of change.
It has been a great place to work for many years but the new leadership of the company has begun a journey to change that will impact the company for many years.
i really enjoyed working for this company even though it was only temporary.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  15180 henry wood rd grand rapids ,ohio 43522February 8, 2016
this company is the first one I have ever worked for that took safety that serious!! I respect a place who is concerned for the employees safety over production.
Great place to work before their current situation. Too many unknowns at the moment. Hard to comment
Accountant Sr (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 7, 2016
Great environment, great coworkers, Great benefits and work/life balance. Many opportunities to work on many different projects. Not micro-managed. Held to be responsible for your own work. Lots of HR/Required tasks, but good training to have. One of the hardest parts of the job is understanding the organizational structure and knowing who is who and knowing who you need to contact for what. Sometimes feels like too big of a company with a confusing structure and fragmented.
Swing shift is not good
Cell Change Operator (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 4, 2016
They are closing down , Work is slow , supervisers dont care about your needs.
taloking with your co workers is best part of day
A remarkable research company
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 3, 2016
DuPont was a great place to work. The future of research is very unclear because of cost cutting and pending merger with Dow.
Good Company
Supervisor of Research Computing Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 3, 2016
Company has a long history of being innovation with very talented people. I am grateful for the opportunities and experiences I have earned over the years.
Pros
Flexible work environment, caring people
Cons
Uncertain future due to merger
Excellent wages and benefits.
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Madison, IAFebruary 1, 2016
DuPont is a great company to work for regarding wages and benefits. My typical day is pretty structured, and for the most part, very routine. I have gained an incredible amount of knowledge while working for DuPont. The management at the Fort Madison site is great. I feel very comfortable communicating any issues or concerns. I have a good team of co-workers, several with whom I work very closely. The hardest part of the job has been due to the recent "restructuring" program related to the Dow DuPont merger. The work load is heavy, and I have multiple job titles. I do like to keep busy and mange my positions very well; however, with all of the recent job cuts I have been left with very few resources. I have always worked for family oriented businesses and still have a difficult time adjusting to the corporate lifestyle. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I get to work with. Most of us are on the same page and provide good support for one another.
Pros
Wages, benefits and our Lunch Group.
Cons
Heavy workload, limited resources, corporate feel.
Great People
Research Investigator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 27, 2016
Everyone I have encountered at DuPont has been amazing and very helpful. The new CEO is lowering morale in the company by laying people off and job security is no longer a perk of this position.

Want to know more about DuPont?

Ask a question
typical day
material handler operator (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 25, 2016
arrived at work ,run a bag line and a box station. worked on a computer and used scanning devices. Pay was good,benefits good.
Pros
really enjoyed working for dupont
DuPont Life
Service Manager/Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 19, 2016
DuPont has been an outstanding place to work.
The culture is people and safety oriented with a diversity beyond any other. Ethical practices and Respect for employees and customers are values that are highly regarded at DuPont and encouraged daily.
Pros
The caliber of people
Cons
Too Shareholder driven. Lost the incentive to be cutting edge
blah
CONSULTANT (YOH CONSULTANT) (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 18, 2016
my opinion of them doesn't matter. Moral has been low for years and they rate it high, showing a disconnect. I love it its great. coworkers are the best part.
Pros
Cons
too many
pleasant but hard job at best
Air Filtration (Former Employee) –  Circleville,OhioJanuary 16, 2016
take stock of whatever units may need filters or pre-filters,this done on daily basis,learned to work with different crews as needed for job at hand,for most part management supplied the filters i put in system to be purchased,didnt have co-workers as such,hardest part was getting filters to and from rooftops,most enjoyable was knowing keeping air to systems and humans clean and clear best possibly could,took a lot of doing as cared for all units on both sides of street all way to clubhouse,worked with others on different things also,steam traps, heat transfer liquid,and freon just a few things also .
Pros
used to have picnic's etc. large outdoor grille at clubhouse, even as a contractor was invited to them to blend in with the crowd so to speak
Cons
after almost 20 years with two different contractors on locale, just before Christmas came the Rof, never heard from them again neither jbek or dupont
Good working environment, Poor benefits
Power Distribution Engineer - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 12, 2016
Horrible benefits and job security. Work 9hrs+- per day typically 5 days a week. On call 24/7 for outages and technical expertise.
Was a great Company
Principal Investigator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 12, 2016
The company is going through a massive reorganization and will probably be sold for parts shortly. Not a great atmosphere and certainly no future for employees.
Big Company of conglomeration
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 7, 2016
Typical work day varied. I learned how to be flexible and adaptable with great leadership in co-workers who mentored me. The hardest part of the job was being in a large company promotions with a job title change, bonuses, and rewards were hard to come-by or earn. The best part of this job was the professionalism with the small and young team that I developed my career with.
Pros
Mentoring co-workers, Flexibility, Adaptability, Small Specialized Team
Cons
Being Eliminated with a Merger
Plant Closed
production operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 4, 2016
The company does not care for there employees..Your just a number and the only one they look out for is upper management.So if you have big lips and can play golf..Your golden..Women supervisors are only there because of there gender.....They don't care about company just all mighty dollar.....Been there 18 years gone like the wind...
Cons
Customer Service Specialist, Engineering Polymers (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 1, 2016
I've enjoyed working for DuPont for the past 21 years. Future job security is very uncertain at this time due to all the recent changes and mass layoffs.
Pros
Family like atmosphere, great compensation
Cons
Job securirty is very uncertain at this time.
poorly managed company with no strategic vision
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 30, 2015
The people are great to work with but management at all levels does not care to understand what the employees actually do. Short sighted objectives trump long term thinking at every turn.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
weak management, no strategic vision