DuPont Employee Reviews

Solid company with great products
Global Supply Chain Manager, Kevlar® Division (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 12, 2017
Great chemical company that supports core values of safety, environmental stewardship, respect for people, and high ethics. DuPont is also committed to flexible work schedules to help employees balance work and family life.
Productive and learing place
Quality Assurance, Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manatí, PRMay 12, 2017
I had been working by 12 years providing support to engineering, quality and mfg department. I had a lot opportunities to learn and acquire experience in different fields out of my scope and job description. Good opportunity to exposition
Monster Company the will consume you
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Vonore, TNMay 11, 2017
DuPont is a monster company if you follow the rules you will surely serve your time an retire, but if you get caught up in the politics you will be purged from the system. Vonore does not exist anymore.
Pros
They provide you with a uniform so you don't have to do laundry
Cons
Speak your thoughts and you will be purged.
good place to work
I/E Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 10, 2017
Work life balance was good. Leadership was stable and cared about the people. Pay/benefits were good. DuPont one of the places you wanted to say your worked for.
Pros
Safety minded company
Company division was ran very badly
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 5, 2017
The new division did not have very good scope and hired a bad manager of the division. They promised to much and never followed through on those promises.
Pros
Interesting co workers
Cons
Bad Management
Great Place
Legal Coder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2017
A typical day would be reviewing documents, looking for certain information regarding the request of the attorneys that are representing Dupont. The workplace is quiet atmosphere. I didn't fine anything really difficult.
Company is in transition right now.
Fire Chief - Sr Consultant Fire & Life Safety (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 24, 2017
Beginning three years ago with the "fresh start initiative" and now with the proposed spin off into three smaller companies there are a lot of good people gone. There is a lack of experienced personnel to fill critical roles.
Pros
Lots of good people still remain and are trying to make it a good place to work.
Cons
Expectations that work is first and family can fill whatever time is left.
n/a
General Operator and Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 19, 2017
Worked as a limited time employee. Was in hiring pool till company went with contracted employees.Was a great job while it lasted.Company never lived up to the hiring process
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Table Tennis table
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 31, 2017
Its been a great opportunity to work with DuPont. I got a exposure to different HRIS systems and had an opportunity to share my views and ideas with in the process. The place was fun to work with great leaders and a good team
Pros
Free snacks
Overall good place to work unless you are a contract employee
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXMarch 30, 2017
I was a contract employee and did not have the chance for advancement in my area. I did not have the opportunity for my position to become part of the company allowing advancement. DuPont employees did have advancement opportunities.
A chalenging place to work
Molder (Current Employee) –  Valleyview, OHMarch 29, 2017
Great place to work , typical day at work is anywhere from 8-10 hours no layoffs in 20 years of service, Work culture is safety first and all jobs are pretty easy
Enjoyable place to work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2017
Great culture, enjoyed my fellow employees, and my manager. Management takes the time to properly train you on all procedures and policies. Also, all equipment!
Very good place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Chestnut RunMarch 27, 2017
Very good place to work. Great experience. Good opportunity for advancement over the years. There are a number of departments so you can move around to gain different experiences.
Dupont Sustainable Solutions Consulting is on life support and downsizing
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 21, 2017
Worked at DuPont Sustainable Solutions. Poor management. Insignificant, erratic, unpredictable growth and profitability. Business being dramatically downsized. Does not appear to be a business that will remain core to the new Dow/DuPont organization.
Pros
Good pay, benefits.
Cons
Virtually no career advancement opportunities, Exceptionally top heavy management structure. Downsizing
Excellent Company
Sales - Territory Manager WV (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 17, 2017
Hands down the most rewarding and educational job I could have been blessed with. This company grew my skill sets and fundamentally changed my concept of business. The only reason I chose to leave was because of a divorce. I was given custody of my children and could not meet the travel requirements no longer.
Good company to work for lots of over time
Cnc machinist (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHMarch 15, 2017
This is good company to work for if you have a lot of time. Pays very well. The machinist there are very experienced and do not mind training. Very good moral.
Pros
Willing to train, pays well
Cons
Alot of overtime, hard to manage family and work
Workplace Culture
Program Senior Consultant- Demand Led Fulfillment (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 9, 2017
DuPont places in high regard, it's Core Values- Safety, Ethics, Environmental Stewardship and Respect for People. These traits are deeply rooted in our work and for some even their life outside of work.
Manufacturing is a large part of the needed talents at DuPont
Manufacturing Technology Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 6, 2017
Not the best fit for me, but I expanded my skill set immensely, This served me well in my future positions. I have nothing else to say about it. Goodbye.
excellent work place
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  florence scMarch 1, 2017
This was a great job and great people to work with and the experience was worth it they taught me to be a hard worker I miss the workers there it was time for me to move on to other ventures like Fayetteville to get more and better opportunities
Worst place
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 1, 2017
They change your schedule every week without letting employer know about the change. If u tell them u can't work then hours they will flat or tell u find another job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DuPont. Our community is ready to answer.