DuPont

DuPont Employer Reviews

A great place to work
Skilled Packaging Operator (Former Employee), PackagingApril 19, 2014
Dupont was a great company to work for. It was a company with good benefits and a laid back work environment.
Great place to work.
Chemical Operator (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary
I enjoy my job, and the people I have the pleasure to work with.
Manufacturing Company, fast paced, chemicals, fun work place
Safety Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Martinez, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches on fridays. great people to work with.
Cons: pay rate, job was temporary only
Typical work day included data entry, training contractors for updating/renewing companies safety policies/procedures. Provided safety orientations to new employees and or contractors. Updating policies and procedures. Inspecting/maintaining certain safety equipment. Working with other Supervisors/Managers on projects and or goals. Learned more about – more... power point and excel. Learned about working with chemicals. Job focused around safety which was a great learning experience. Enjoyable part was working with my coworkers. Also, through orientations, made a lot of connections. – less
High ethics; great multi cultural atmosphere.
Venture, Marketing & Product Manager GLS, P&IP (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 16, 2014
Pros: open work atmosphere ; great room for growth; reward and recognition for efforts.
Cons: dupont is going thru many changes that often includes having to downsize staff.
The DuPont company gave me the opportunity to advance based on how hard I worked.

There is a lot of cross functional interaction which allows for quick resolution of daily and longer term issues.
Interesting office, always challenging, and energetic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 15, 2014
Pros: good peer support and team environment.
Cons: working as a contractor made me feel under valued and taken for granted.
Working there was a daily challenge with software and approaches to customer service constantly evolving. I learned a lot about Salesforce and SharePoint, along with the many products and services that DuPont has provided through the years.
what i enjoy about this field
Machine operator/Set-up (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2014
working with different material and machinery. being able to take pride in my work. always learning something that i can apply to other jobs. it keeps always thinking and on your toes.
Electrician and Refrigeration Mechanic (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 9, 2014
Pros: professional work force
It was a great overall experience and one the best places that I have worked. They are very strict on safety and have very good employees.
Productive and safe place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee), Worthington, INApril 1, 2014
Pros: descent pay
people were friendly and work as a team. Pay was good.
work was done and with fun but safe people
Chemical Engineering Intern, Texas
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Orange, TexasMarch 29, 2014
Pros: cutting edge processes and an excellent opportunity to gain really positive engineering experience.
Cons: beurocratic. required to complete uneccesary training; company quite set in its ways of operating.
Start work at 7 in the morning. Go to a meeting about plant performance, PSM issues, and safety. Report to your mentor who is a senior engineer and guides you in your work. Employees have officers and the building in spacious, which can sometimes deter collaboration.
Great place to intern!
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), MississippiMarch 10, 2014
I really enjoyed my experience interning with DuPont. I was able to grow and expand my knowledge learned in school and apply it to real engineering work.
great place to work
Miantenance Tech. (Current Employee), Deepwater, NJMarch 7, 2014
this plant isnt bad place to work.The employees here are great to work with
The job culture was great, I enjoyed working for the management and with my co-workers.
Private Family Counselor (Current Employee), Palm Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2014
Hard work but I enjoyed it. The best part of the job was working with the staff and doctor. The family was very good to us.
Great balance of work and family life. Professional and friendly co-workers.
Technical Services Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 13, 2014
Great opportunities to advance my technical skills and challenges. Gave me responsibility to make independent decisions, accountable for the results. Enjoyed working with customers, marketing, quality and manufacturing organizations to address technical product related issues. Developed several new products and applications by direct interactions with – more... end use marketing group. – less
High Energy high reward life style
Global E&I Coordinator (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: exciting and innovated
Cons: lot of pressure
high pace, fun place, high expectations with tools available to achieve results.
Educational and supportive work environment
Product Stewardship and Regulatory Intern (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 31, 2014
Everyone is very friendly and they want to help you succeed. The company is focused on treating employees well, and it shows in their commitment to workplace safety and fun workplace culture.
Focus on sustainable solutions.
Process Control Specialist (Current Employee), Laplace, LAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: aging product line.
A typical day involves proactive maintenance of a process control system. This includes the shop floor to the top floor, ensuring systems are interacting correctly to process and deliver critical information to end users. Continuous improvements to the systems is also a regular part of the job and each offers unique and interesting challenges. Most – more... days end wishing there were more time in the day to complete task. I enjoy trouble-shooting longstanding and intermittent issues. – less
Professional work ethic
Sr. SAP SD Consultant (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 20, 2014
 Responsible for sales order management as well as design, configuration and testing using quotations and different customized sales order types and cash sales, customized pricing, billing process (invoices and invoice list and batch processing)
very good job
Technician (Former Employee), ILJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: very safe and good comunication and respect.
Cons: working nights very hard when you have a kid alot stairs
It was a very safe enviroment they treated you with respect. You go into work look through your computer notes to see what has been going on in your shift for what are you will be that night. Then when your shift starts you and your team mates go and interface with the other shift.The frist thing is a safety start meaning what to whach out for. And – more... how you and your teamates will make a safe day. Then discus how the machines are running and what mateirals came in or what needs to be order. – less
Very safety first
Laboratory assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: you would have to work on saturdays and sundays sometimes
It was a great place to work. The people were very laid back and everyone was treated like family. It's just to bad that most of the jobs are only contract positions.
Productive fun work place.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: shift hours
Cons: short breaks
Learn a lot about manufacturing work. Working under certain conditions and with fun loving people. Now I don't mind doing manual labor.

About DuPont

E. I. du Pont de Nemours (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on – Read more