DuPont Employee Reviews in United States

productive work element
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 6, 2015
awesome work experience, great benefits I just wish that they had more job positions open. supervisory team was awesome also the co workers were awesome.
Productive and fun work place
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LASeptember 10, 2015
Great work place to come in and learn how to safely operate in a chemical, industrial environment.

I was never held back and given every opportunity to grow as a leader.

I enjoyed all fourteen years there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
limited choices in the 401K
Fantasy World
Reliability & Equipment Engineering Consultant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 24, 2016
DuPont takes pride in their company having a safety culture, but it is all talk and no execution. The focus is strictly on hard hat safety and they have no concept of process safety. Failures of equipment that should be lasting 10-15 years are acceptable at a 2-3 year rate, potential killing someone when a pipe spool piece blows out in the middle of the unit.

Fantasy world concept of safety with no fundamental understanding of how to run a hazardous operation.
Company structure is changing
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 23, 2016
A lot of changes at the parent company that then passed down to the local companies. All of the changes are good for the parent company, but were not handled in a manner that was easy to get done throughout the organization. Communication was non-committal and weak.
Pros
Co-workers were wonderful to work with. On site Cafe was nice. Before the budget cuts, employee activities and luncheons were motivating.
Cons
Communication from Parent company is very weak. Budget cuts and layoffs.
DuPont is dying
Associate Investigator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 10, 2016
When I began at DuPont it was like the Disney World of R&D. It wasn't long before I found that it was dying from inside, young talent was being suppressed by Ivy League good old boys and girls who felt threatened by new ideas and where stuck in serious ruts trying to grind things out the same way they had been for the last 100 years. Dependency on government favors at both the state and federal levels led them into disaster with bio fuel. They will soon merge with Dow and afterwards split back into Dow and Pioneer and I am betting anything left of "DuPont" will soon after be cut up and sold to the highest bidder.
Best job in 17 years
Audio Visual Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAMarch 18, 2016
I was hired by Pioneer/Dupont through a staffing company and it turned out to be the best job I have had after 17 years at Wells Fargo. The staff was great to work with, the tasks were extremely fulfilling, and the hours of operation were perfect. I would love to find another company to work with that has the same type of work ethics and treatment.
Pros
Flexible times, continuous new projects
Cons
Was a temp/contract position and they had to end the contract due to mergings.
Big Company of conglomeration
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 7, 2016
Typical work day varied. I learned how to be flexible and adaptable with great leadership in co-workers who mentored me. The hardest part of the job was being in a large company promotions with a job title change, bonuses, and rewards were hard to come-by or earn. The best part of this job was the professionalism with the small and young team that I developed my career with.
Pros
Mentoring co-workers, Flexibility, Adaptability, Small Specialized Team
Cons
Being Eliminated with a Merger
Very UnProfessional Environment
Process Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJanuary 30, 2015
I understand a plant environment can't compete with a research environment but I was shocked and amazed at the level of unprofessionalism. DuPont (and yes, I do blame the corporate culture) seems to have managed to raise up an entire crop of employees who feel no responsibility what so ever to the company that pays them an exemplary salary and compensation package. The employees are lazy, poorly trained, poorly supervised, and feel DuPont owes them something (this while they sit for 2 or 3 hours at a stretch doing crossword puzzles). I rue the day I accepted employment at this location. It was 8 years of frustration and disappointment. Large corporations may have a certain reputation but always look at the local environment, this location upheld NONE of DuPont's supposed corporate "core values."
great place great people
waste water (Current Employee) –  Edgemoor, DESeptember 4, 2015
goodv people great place good pay for honest work, fair supervisors ,you are rewarded for doing extra was close to home as well
Pros
great money benefits
Cons
closing our site
Very professional and supportive
Hazard Communication Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 11, 2016
Training was superb, direction was good and work/life balance was supported. People were very professional. DuPont had the tools to have telephone meetings during which your computer screen could be viewed by the other attendees and then the host give give presenting rights to others. This was an amazing tool for communicating and learning.
Cons
Dow/DuPont Merger
Great People
Research Investigator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 27, 2016
Everyone I have encountered at DuPont has been amazing and very helpful. The new CEO is lowering morale in the company by laying people off and job security is no longer a perk of this position.
Worked from helper to supervisor and there was something new everyday.
Insulator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Started as a helper and worked my way to crew supervisor in 6 years and was only 22 years old. Responsible for 25 man crew that had to be shown what jobs they would work on each day. I had to order and get to jobsight all materials needed to keep everyone productive and able to meet production goals safely. Took care of payroll and read blueprints.
Pros
Liked being able to make decisions that would either be good or bad
Cons
Being the one responsible for anotherts actions
Great employer to work for
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAAugust 10, 2015
Joined Dupont when I was 25 with the intent of working for them until I could retire from the company. They were a great employer for 30 years,
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
shift work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 7, 2016
A typical day at work consist of replying to customer emails and voicemails, also fielding calls and creating leads for potential opportunities from customers and creating sample request for architects and designers. Internal meetings are held to discuss new techniques to satisfy our customers and bring new innovative ideas to the table.w
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Over time not provided
Not a bad place to work if they keep you
Boiler Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 21, 2015
Coworkers were very helpful
Learned a lot
Very safety oriented
Decent salary and benefits
Got lost in spinoff of new company
Employment at DuPont
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 13, 2016
DuPont is a reputable company. While I enjoy working here I do think the some of the systems they use are outdated. The culture here is very laid back yet close knitted. People are friendly and welcoming.

I enjoy what I do supporting engineers.
Pros
flexible shedules, team players
Cons
technology not so great
SUPERVISOR/ MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJune 16, 2016
DuPont is a good place to work, I learned a lot by working in every Department of the Plant. Most enjoyable was the experience I gained working with so many different people. I was a Manager/ Supervisor for 23 years I enjoyed working with people and improving their job skills co-workers and employees alike.
Good Overall Employer
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  LaPorte, TXApril 19, 2016
DuPont provides an atmosphere for me to learn a lot in my field. I am able to become familiar in a large variety of instrumentation and techniques where in another setting I would have been more limited. The work atmosphere in general is low stress and accommodating to work/life balance.
Pros
low stress, good hours, good compensation
Bs
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 2, 2015
I worked at the Dupont Valdosta site. The company is a Great Company to work for with wonderful benefits. I didn't like the buddy buddy system there. There wasn't no chain of command structure, nor HR on site. Your coworker will shake your hand and stab you in the back at the same time. Not a good place to work.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 11, 2016
I worked from a home office. I had a specific area of small and big box accounts that I visited daily to teach and train all of ther employees on the Dupont Stainmaster products so they may sell the Dupont products effectively.I gained new accounts and cultivated existing accounts. Contract negotiations were attainable with the level of investment the business foresaw. I had to increase market share with this product and retail concepts.
Pros
home office
Cons
traveling out of state