DuPont

DuPont Employer Reviews

Production job
Limited Service Employee (Former Employee), Brevard, NCJune 22, 2014
It was a good job. Swing shifts were difficult to balance with family life.
Good company to work for jobs just don't last.
Electrician (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 13, 2014
Everyone was great that i worked with and for the jobs just doesn't last as long as the company says they are suppose to.
Working ON a chemical plant can be a culture-shock
IT Specialist (Former Employee), La Place, LAJune 7, 2014
Moved around a lot. I loved that part of the job. Spending a lot of time outside in the Louisiana heat was fine for me, but many would find it unbearable.
Growing at a fast pace
Operator (Current Employee), Madison, WIJune 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: management plays favorites
The site is expected to double from new business and there are many posistions to apply for hourly and salaried.
good place to work
Project Manager/Electrical & Instrument Supervisor (Former Employee), Orange, TXMay 30, 2014
Pros: good work environment to work in
Good people to work with. good work practices. Layed back work atmosphere. Would recommend to others
Good place to work, work is not hard
Product Operator (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYMay 17, 2014
Pros: lot's of card playing
Cons: management isn't the best
Sit at linesaw desk w/partner & wait for product to come down line, make sure it runs smooth
Exellent Job for excellent company in the wrong location
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVMay 16, 2014
Pros: great company with lots of growth potential
Cons: rotational position
Geographic flexibility was a condition of employment in this position. My first assignment was in West Virginia(no diversity), which happens to be the 2nd largest U.S plant for DuPont. My responsibilities included new product introductions, scale up projects from R&D, day-to-day troubleshooting with operations, and capital project execution.

This position – more... was within the company's rotational program in which I was to complete a minimum of 2 assignments. Each assignment ranged from 2-3 years in duration. I was given 30 locations to choose my top 4 choices from for my second assignment. When time came for me to be re-assigned to my second rotation, neither of my top choices were an option. I started a family a year after taking the job, and after discovering that I did not have the option to refuse the rotation, we made the tough decision to leave the company to relocate down south closer to family and diversity. – less
Very welcoming place to work
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Beloit, WIMay 14, 2014
Pros: plenty of fun and free team building activities
Cons: i was only an intern employed through aerotek, so no benefits.
When working for the Beloit, WI Dupont, you will immediately be welcomed like family. The environment is a very close nit group of individuals to work with. The management is also very helping and friendly. I would recommend anyone to consider an opportunity with DuPont when looking for work in Beloit, WI.
dupont
Machine Operator (Former Employee), monroe NCMay 14, 2014
Pros: 1st shift schedule
Cons: getting laid off with no notice
It was a great atmosphere with great people to work with.I Set up and operates polymer fabricating machines, such as brakes,rolls,shears,saws,and presses, to cut, bend, straighten, andform polymer strings, sheets, and structural
shapes according to blueprints and specifications: Reads and interprets blueprints,
engineering specifications, and shop orders – more... to determine machine setup, production
methods, and sequence of operation. – less
Good culture
IT Support Temp (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMay 14, 2014
Pros: awesome atmosphere, easy fridays
Cons: being only a temp
Originally Genencor, after a couple of acquisitions by other companies went under DuPont. Since Genencor was a start-up the close knit friendly culture is still there.

My job as a temp was to help implement a new security system for their internal collaborative infrastructure. My typical day at work consisted of using Excel for overall data organization – more... and project management. I would then program individual security tokens that would later on be used for distribution, which was managed through Excel and Sharepoint.

Management was great. Both my bosses had a great attitude towards working at DuPont and provided assistance whenever needed.

My co-workers were also temps and they were very professional as well.

The job in itself was not really hard because I had previous experience which honed my skills.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the perks. Team lunches, a good atmosphere, and every Friday was a themed celebration. Everyone who worked there was more or less happy and had a positive attitude. – less
a global company with vision
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 5, 2014
has diverse business strategy
is a people friendly company
cares about it employee
Productive, fast paced and a safe work environment.
Skilled Laborer/Assembly line (Former Employee), Orange, TXMay 4, 2014
A twelve hour a day job. Can be very fast pace.
I've learned how to operate some heavy machinery and electrical work.
Management is very fare and patient.
Some co-workers are good some are not.
Hardest part of the job is commuting to work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting paid.
Productive with priority on safety
Site Inspector, Multiple sites US Corporate (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 2, 2014
Pros: corporate campus, professionals, top engineers
Cons: travel
50% Travel to various sites to provide leadership, training, and perform Inspections.
Productive and friendly Place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Athens, GAApril 29, 2014
Pros: health care and vaccation
Cons: some time on unemployement
You will work with a team and complete the work loads together.
The teams are very outgoing and will teach you all the aspects of the job. The co-workers are great and outgoing.
The hardest parts of the job is the heavy lifting and being on your feet for long periods at a time.
A great place to work
Skilled Packaging Operator (Former Employee), PackagingApril 19, 2014
Dupont was a great company to work for. It was a company with good benefits and a laid back work environment.
Great place to work.
Chemical Operator (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary
I enjoy my job, and the people I have the pleasure to work with.
Manufacturing Company, fast paced, chemicals, fun work place
Safety Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Martinez, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches on fridays. great people to work with.
Cons: pay rate, job was temporary only
Typical work day included data entry, training contractors for updating/renewing companies safety policies/procedures. Provided safety orientations to new employees and or contractors. Updating policies and procedures. Inspecting/maintaining certain safety equipment. Working with other Supervisors/Managers on projects and or goals. Learned more about – more... power point and excel. Learned about working with chemicals. Job focused around safety which was a great learning experience. Enjoyable part was working with my coworkers. Also, through orientations, made a lot of connections. – less
High ethics; great multi cultural atmosphere.
Venture, Marketing & Product Manager GLS, P&IP (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 16, 2014
Pros: open work atmosphere ; great room for growth; reward and recognition for efforts.
Cons: dupont is going thru many changes that often includes having to downsize staff.
The DuPont company gave me the opportunity to advance based on how hard I worked.

There is a lot of cross functional interaction which allows for quick resolution of daily and longer term issues.
Interesting office, always challenging, and energetic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 15, 2014
Pros: good peer support and team environment.
Cons: working as a contractor made me feel under valued and taken for granted.
Working there was a daily challenge with software and approaches to customer service constantly evolving. I learned a lot about Salesforce and SharePoint, along with the many products and services that DuPont has provided through the years.
what i enjoy about this field
Machine operator/Set-up (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2014
working with different material and machinery. being able to take pride in my work. always learning something that i can apply to other jobs. it keeps always thinking and on your toes.

About DuPont

E. I. du Pont de Nemours (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on – Read more