DuPont

DuPont United States Employee Reviews

Great People
Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: poor management, no integration
There are so many great people that work at DuPont but the company does little to maintain its core values and reputation that is synonymous with the name DuPont. They have poor management systems and do very little to integrate the ever-changing fleets of businesses that make up DuPont. There are lots of different types of jobs in the company but the culture and poor management will stop you from truly being the best when compared to peers at other companies.
DuPont is a good company.
Six Sigma Continuous Improvement Master Black Belt (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Based on my experience at DuPont, DuPont is supportive of its employee's needs and willing to be flexible if an employee needs it. The compensation is convervative and the workload can be heavy at times, but generally acceptable.
Competitive Production Environments
PSM Global Solutions Architect (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 30, 2015
What I have enjoyed so far is the opportunity to assist operations on meeting production, variable cost and quality goals.
Very UnProfessional Environment
Process Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), La Porte, TXJanuary 30, 2015
I understand a plant environment can't compete with a research environment but I was shocked and amazed at the level of unprofessionalism. DuPont (and yes, I do blame the corporate culture) seems to have managed to raise up an entire crop of employees who feel no responsibility what so ever to the company that pays them an exemplary salary and compensation package. The employees are lazy, poorly trained, poorly supervised, and feel DuPont owes them something (this while they sit for 2 or 3 hours at a stretch doing crossword puzzles). I rue the day I accepted employment at this location. It was 8 years of frustration and disappointment. Large corporations may have a certain reputation but always look at the local environment, this location upheld NONE of DuPont's supposed corporate "core values."
Great Environment and working area
Summer Intern. (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 14, 2015
At the building the workers were great who always respected me and appreciated all of the work that I did to help them.
Warehouse
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New Century, KsJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere, nice people
Cons: no lunch break
Good atmosphere, good people. Very fast paced and great people. Good company. Nice people and good company. Good pay. A little bit of a downfall is they use temp agencies instead of hiring right away.
Dupont
Pump and Seal Analyst (Former Employee), Victoria TxJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: pay, experience, people
High School job with Cost Analyst
Had to go into the field and gather pump and seal information
Get mechanic to break down pump and look at seals and pumps in order to find out what brand lasted the longest
Also what was the process flowing through the pump and seal during the failure
Love my job at DuPont & I play well with others.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Contractor) (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: can wear jeans.
Cons: none i can think of
Busy job. Work extensively with Microsoft Powerpt, Excel, Word & Outlook. Create purchase orders in SRM. Set up & Coordinate numerous meetings & travel. Very proactive in being 2 steps ahead of my manager....Anticipate & Communicate:). Interact with awesome people. Enjoy the challenges of leaning new things. Very comfortable in the position. Fantastic company!
no comment
Structural Integrity Inspector (Dupont) (Former Employee), LaplaceDecember 28, 2014
Great place to learn and grow into the type of work done here.
chemical Tech
Chemical Technician (Former Employee), wilmington deDecember 19, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: management
CHEMICAL REACTOR PROCESSING, CHEMICAL HANDLING
MONEY GOOD COMPANY GOOD OLD BOYS CLUB
Not a good experience at the Spruance Plant
Professional (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 17, 2014
Pros: they do strive to be a safety leader
Cons: too many to list - race relations are a huge issue that people can not get beyond.
I worked at the DuPont Spruance Plant in Richmond, VA. This plant is not well managed. There are many employees who do not work very hard and I do not know why the Company continues to operate like this. There are race relation issues that people can not seem to rise above. People are not treated fairly or consistently. If you try to do the right thing you will not get very far in this company. You need to play the political game and be good at throwing your colleagues under the bus to survive. This Company was not a good fit for me. Human Resources is weak and has no backbone. They are not good at Labor Relations and let the Union walk all over them. The people in the factory are overpaid and take advantage of the Company by not being effecient or productive to get overtime. Company struggles with any continuous improvement initiatives.
Very meticulous and organized place.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEDecember 17, 2014
I learned a lot of molecular biology techniques such as Maxi Prep and Mini Prep.
Positive environment, good pay
ChemEng Co-op (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEDecember 8, 2014
As a chemical engineering co-op I gained experience working with computational software used to improve the TiO2 production processes at DuPont. The pay is good and the environment is positive with flexible hours depending which site you work at.
Great co-worker, compensation and benefits
Electrician (Current Employee), Chesterfield, VANovember 27, 2014
challenging job at times, competitive pay and excellent benefits, secure future, excellent co-workers, a lot of politics involved in working environment, enjoy my job, slow at times, poor management. would love to stay at current employer just looking to make a move down south.
Best experience as a contractor I've ever had
Sr. Talent Acquisition Delivery Consultant (Former Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 20, 2014
Pros: being given a higher level of responsibility than my peers
Cons: having to leave once the contract was over
While working with the HR teams, I was able to implement new recruitment strategies that worked well for each of the sites I was supporting. I was recognized by the Director of HR at the HRLT for outstanding performance in talent acquisition partnership.
DuPont is a good company you work for.
Staff Scientist (Current Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 15, 2014
Pros: one free lunch each year
DuPont is a good company you work for. All depend on who is your manager and what project you work on.
great company
Federal Business Development/Capture Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 10, 2014
great company with an interesting history and many interesting opportunities on every level. good benefits and work environment.
Cnc machnist (Former Employee), 6200 Hillcrest Drive Cleveland Ohio 44125November 8, 2014
Pros: working on many new type and new machines and working as many hours that i could
Cons: the contract ran out
came in got my orders and i learned to work on new machinery and the trust that i could do it. they where very motivating.Managment was encouraging.Co workers was the best to work together as a team.Ther where no hard partThe most enjoyable was going to work at state of an art plant.
Excellent team members
Industrial Mechanic & Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, Tn.October 12, 2014
Pros: excellent pay an benifits. great work environment.
Cons: poor management/shift scheduling.
Electrical, mechanical, and instrumentation technician
Great work environment with superior management
Assessment and Referral Coordinator (Current Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 11, 2014
Pros: exciting, constant change
Cons: no breaks except when er is quiet
Fast paced, multi-tasking job with quick decision making and assessing skills required. Will assess patients with scheduled appointments as well as walk-in emergency patients Then must triage with psychiatrist to place patient in suitable in-patient or outpatient program Must facilitate all patient docment signing and provide pre-authorization with insurance company to certify admittance Job demands teamwork in order to facilitate effectiveness in an ER setting The hardest part of the job is keeping calm and following exact procedure which can be subject to modifying in some circumstances The most enjoyable part is working with a team and encountering all types of patients which has various diagnoses and triaging with physicians to determine what will be most beneficial.

About DuPont

E. I. du Pont de Nemours (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on – Read more

DuPont Salaries