DuPont

DuPont Employer Reviews

Very welcoming place to work
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Beloit, WIMay 14, 2014
Pros: plenty of fun and free team building activities
Cons: i was only an intern employed through aerotek, so no benefits.
When working for the Beloit, WI Dupont, you will immediately be welcomed like family. The environment is a very close nit group of individuals to work with. The management is also very helping and friendly. I would recommend anyone to consider an opportunity with DuPont when looking for work in Beloit, WI.
dupont
Machine Operator (Former Employee), monroe NCMay 14, 2014
Pros: 1st shift schedule
Cons: getting laid off with no notice
It was a great atmosphere with great people to work with.I Set up and operates polymer fabricating machines, such as brakes,rolls,shears,saws,and presses, to cut, bend, straighten, andform polymer strings, sheets, and structural
shapes according to blueprints and specifications: Reads and interprets blueprints,
engineering specifications, and shop orders – more... to determine machine setup, production
methods, and sequence of operation. – less
Good culture
IT Support Temp (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMay 14, 2014
Pros: awesome atmosphere, easy fridays
Cons: being only a temp
Originally Genencor, after a couple of acquisitions by other companies went under DuPont. Since Genencor was a start-up the close knit friendly culture is still there.

My job as a temp was to help implement a new security system for their internal collaborative infrastructure. My typical day at work consisted of using Excel for overall data organization – more... and project management. I would then program individual security tokens that would later on be used for distribution, which was managed through Excel and Sharepoint.

Management was great. Both my bosses had a great attitude towards working at DuPont and provided assistance whenever needed.

My co-workers were also temps and they were very professional as well.

The job in itself was not really hard because I had previous experience which honed my skills.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the perks. Team lunches, a good atmosphere, and every Friday was a themed celebration. Everyone who worked there was more or less happy and had a positive attitude. – less
a global company with vision
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 5, 2014
has diverse business strategy
is a people friendly company
cares about it employee
Productive, fast paced and a safe work environment.
Skilled Laborer/Assembly line (Former Employee), Orange, TXMay 4, 2014
A twelve hour a day job. Can be very fast pace.
I've learned how to operate some heavy machinery and electrical work.
Management is very fare and patient.
Some co-workers are good some are not.
Hardest part of the job is commuting to work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting paid.
Productive with priority on safety
Site Inspector, Multiple sites US Corporate (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 2, 2014
Pros: corporate campus, professionals, top engineers
Cons: travel
50% Travel to various sites to provide leadership, training, and perform Inspections.
Productive and friendly Place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Athens, GAApril 29, 2014
Pros: health care and vaccation
Cons: some time on unemployement
You will work with a team and complete the work loads together.
The teams are very outgoing and will teach you all the aspects of the job. The co-workers are great and outgoing.
The hardest parts of the job is the heavy lifting and being on your feet for long periods at a time.
A great place to work
Skilled Packaging Operator (Former Employee), PackagingApril 19, 2014
Dupont was a great company to work for. It was a company with good benefits and a laid back work environment.
Great place to work.
Chemical Operator (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary
I enjoy my job, and the people I have the pleasure to work with.
Manufacturing Company, fast paced, chemicals, fun work place
Safety Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Martinez, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches on fridays. great people to work with.
Cons: pay rate, job was temporary only
Typical work day included data entry, training contractors for updating/renewing companies safety policies/procedures. Provided safety orientations to new employees and or contractors. Updating policies and procedures. Inspecting/maintaining certain safety equipment. Working with other Supervisors/Managers on projects and or goals. Learned more about – more... power point and excel. Learned about working with chemicals. Job focused around safety which was a great learning experience. Enjoyable part was working with my coworkers. Also, through orientations, made a lot of connections. – less
High ethics; great multi cultural atmosphere.
Venture, Marketing & Product Manager GLS, P&IP (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 16, 2014
Pros: open work atmosphere ; great room for growth; reward and recognition for efforts.
Cons: dupont is going thru many changes that often includes having to downsize staff.
The DuPont company gave me the opportunity to advance based on how hard I worked.

There is a lot of cross functional interaction which allows for quick resolution of daily and longer term issues.
Interesting office, always challenging, and energetic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 15, 2014
Pros: good peer support and team environment.
Cons: working as a contractor made me feel under valued and taken for granted.
Working there was a daily challenge with software and approaches to customer service constantly evolving. I learned a lot about Salesforce and SharePoint, along with the many products and services that DuPont has provided through the years.
what i enjoy about this field
Machine operator/Set-up (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2014
working with different material and machinery. being able to take pride in my work. always learning something that i can apply to other jobs. it keeps always thinking and on your toes.
Electrician and Refrigeration Mechanic (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 9, 2014
Pros: professional work force
It was a great overall experience and one the best places that I have worked. They are very strict on safety and have very good employees.
Productive and safe place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee), Worthington, INApril 1, 2014
Pros: descent pay
people were friendly and work as a team. Pay was good.
work was done and with fun but safe people
Chemical Engineering Intern, Texas
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Orange, TexasMarch 29, 2014
Pros: cutting edge processes and an excellent opportunity to gain really positive engineering experience.
Cons: beurocratic. required to complete uneccesary training; company quite set in its ways of operating.
Start work at 7 in the morning. Go to a meeting about plant performance, PSM issues, and safety. Report to your mentor who is a senior engineer and guides you in your work. Employees have officers and the building in spacious, which can sometimes deter collaboration.
Great place to intern!
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), MississippiMarch 10, 2014
I really enjoyed my experience interning with DuPont. I was able to grow and expand my knowledge learned in school and apply it to real engineering work.
great place to work
Miantenance Tech. (Current Employee), Deepwater, NJMarch 7, 2014
this plant isnt bad place to work.The employees here are great to work with
The job culture was great, I enjoyed working for the management and with my co-workers.
Private Family Counselor (Current Employee), Palm Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2014
Hard work but I enjoyed it. The best part of the job was working with the staff and doctor. The family was very good to us.
Great balance of work and family life. Professional and friendly co-workers.
Technical Services Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 13, 2014
Great opportunities to advance my technical skills and challenges. Gave me responsibility to make independent decisions, accountable for the results. Enjoyed working with customers, marketing, quality and manufacturing organizations to address technical product related issues. Developed several new products and applications by direct interactions with – more... end use marketing group. – less

About DuPont

E. I. du Pont de NemoursĀ (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on – Read more