DuPont Employee Reviews

Highly professional, customer focused environment
OEM Support Chemist (Former Employee) –  Mt. Clemens, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Technical organization is data driven with the focus on customer needs. Management is looking for results. Co-workers are respectful and freindly
Use to be a great place to work
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAFebruary 10, 2015
Company constantly restructuring teams while still expecting them to get a lot of work done.

Laying off a lot of people who have many years of experience and are over 53 years old.
benefits
Cons
layoffs, lack of direction, poor management decisions
Gained a lot of experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 9, 2015
Was introduced to a lot of new systems. Learned various new techniques on bettering myself in the work area. Gained a lot of Strategic Planning techniques. Typical day was insuring the proper shipping materials were sent out daily, and communicating to various carriers on scheduling orders, and pick ups.
Pros
a lot of networking
Cons
manditory ot w/ less than 24hrs notice
good work environment
PROCESS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TexasFebruary 9, 2015
Very safe place to work and good co workers . Learned a lot and had a great experience working there. Have no bad review of the company.
Great People
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2015
There are so many great people that work at DuPont but the company does little to maintain its core values and reputation that is synonymous with the name DuPont. They have poor management systems and do very little to integrate the ever-changing fleets of businesses that make up DuPont. There are lots of different types of jobs in the company but the culture and poor management will stop you from truly being the best when compared to peers at other companies.
Pros
great people
Cons
poor management, no integration
DuPont is a good company.
Six Sigma Continuous Improvement Master Black Belt (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Based on my experience at DuPont, DuPont is supportive of its employee's needs and willing to be flexible if an employee needs it. The compensation is convervative and the workload can be heavy at times, but generally acceptable.
Competitive Production Environments
PSM Global Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 30, 2015
What I have enjoyed so far is the opportunity to assist operations on meeting production, variable cost and quality goals.
Very UnProfessional Environment
Process Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJanuary 30, 2015
I understand a plant environment can't compete with a research environment but I was shocked and amazed at the level of unprofessionalism. DuPont (and yes, I do blame the corporate culture) seems to have managed to raise up an entire crop of employees who feel no responsibility what so ever to the company that pays them an exemplary salary and compensation package. The employees are lazy, poorly trained, poorly supervised, and feel DuPont owes them something (this while they sit for 2 or 3 hours at a stretch doing crossword puzzles). I rue the day I accepted employment at this location. It was 8 years of frustration and disappointment. Large corporations may have a certain reputation but always look at the local environment, this location upheld NONE of DuPont's supposed corporate "core values."
Great Environment and working area
Summer Intern. (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 14, 2015
At the building the workers were great who always respected me and appreciated all of the work that I did to help them.
Warehouse
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Century, KsJanuary 12, 2015
Good atmosphere, good people. Very fast paced and great people. Good company. Nice people and good company. Good pay. A little bit of a downfall is they use temp agencies instead of hiring right away.
Pros
good atmosphere, nice people
Cons
no lunch break
Dupont
Pump and Seal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Victoria TxJanuary 8, 2015
High School job with Cost Analyst
Had to go into the field and gather pump and seal information
Get mechanic to break down pump and look at seals and pumps in order to find out what brand lasted the longest
Also what was the process flowing through the pump and seal during the failure
Pros
pay, experience, people
Love my job at DuPont & I play well with others.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 7, 2015
Busy job. Work extensively with Microsoft Powerpt, Excel, Word & Outlook. Create purchase orders in SRM. Set up & Coordinate numerous meetings & travel. Very proactive in being 2 steps ahead of my manager....Anticipate & Communicate:). Interact with awesome people. Enjoy the challenges of leaning new things. Very comfortable in the position. Fantastic company!
Pros
can wear jeans.
Cons
none i can think of
no comment
Structural Integrity Inspector (Dupont) (Former Employee) –  LaplaceDecember 28, 2014
Great place to learn and grow into the type of work done here.
chemical Tech
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  wilmington deDecember 19, 2014
CHEMICAL REACTOR PROCESSING, CHEMICAL HANDLING
MONEY GOOD COMPANY GOOD OLD BOYS CLUB
Pros
good money
Cons
management
Not a good experience at the Spruance Plant
Professional (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 17, 2014
I worked at the DuPont Spruance Plant in Richmond, VA. This plant is not well managed. There are many employees who do not work very hard and I do not know why the Company continues to operate like this. There are race relation issues that people can not seem to rise above. People are not treated fairly or consistently. If you try to do the right thing you will not get very far in this company. You need to play the political game and be good at throwing your colleagues under the bus to survive. This Company was not a good fit for me. Human Resources is weak and has no backbone. They are not good at Labor Relations and let the Union walk all over them. The people in the factory are overpaid and take advantage of the Company by not being effecient or productive to get overtime. Company struggles with any continuous improvement initiatives.
Pros
they do strive to be a safety leader
Cons
too many to list - race relations are a huge issue that people can not get beyond.
Very meticulous and organized place.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 17, 2014
I learned a lot of molecular biology techniques such as Maxi Prep and Mini Prep.
Positive environment, good pay
ChemEng Co-op (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 8, 2014
As a chemical engineering co-op I gained experience working with computational software used to improve the TiO2 production processes at DuPont. The pay is good and the environment is positive with flexible hours depending which site you work at.
Great co-worker, compensation and benefits
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VANovember 27, 2014
challenging job at times, competitive pay and excellent benefits, secure future, excellent co-workers, a lot of politics involved in working environment, enjoy my job, slow at times, poor management. would love to stay at current employer just looking to make a move down south.
Best experience as a contractor I've ever had
Sr. Talent Acquisition Delivery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 20, 2014
While working with the HR teams, I was able to implement new recruitment strategies that worked well for each of the sites I was supporting. I was recognized by the Director of HR at the HRLT for outstanding performance in talent acquisition partnership.
Pros
being given a higher level of responsibility than my peers
Cons
having to leave once the contract was over
DuPont is a good company you work for.
Staff Scientist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 15, 2014
DuPont is a good company you work for. All depend on who is your manager and what project you work on.
Pros
one free lunch each year