DuPont

DuPont Employer Reviews

Easy going, productive with cook outs every so often.
Molder/Production Associate (Former Employee), Valley View, OHDecember 8, 2013
Pros: well paid.
Cons: lay offs.
A typical day would start off with a group meeting, discussing any issues from the previous day and any safety issues that need to be addressed. Each cell in the factory has a manger that had a team of seven people who worked under them that they managed. The co workers all worked together to get the daily task done. The hardest part about my job is – more... not receiving my proper breaks throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing all of my assigned work in a timely matter. – less
productive and fun workplace with railcars and eightteen wheelers
Resins Material handlers (Former Employee), Leland, NCDecember 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch drinks etc
Cons: short breaks heathcare
The typical day at work was normal and calm.
I have learned on that job how to work with people and I leaned how to hook up railcars to the locomotive. I have also learned how to drive a locomotive and a forklift. I also learned how to put on a safety harness to go on top of trains and trucks.
The management was good but they was strick on getting lots – more... of product out.
All the co-workers that I had to work with was kind and nice the also showed me how to do my jobs correct and also to have them done on time.
The hardest parts of the jobs was makin sure that the tracks you are pullin 3 railcars on that you were pullin the cars on to the right track or if you don't make sure you will tear the tracks up and the locomotive.
The most enjoyable part was driven the locomotive and the forklift – less
Good company to work for
Laboratory Technician / Greenhouse Technician (Current Employee), Newark, DENovember 27, 2013
I have enjoyed working here for the past 5 years, but I am looking for more responsibility in a new position that I can't find at DuPont currently.
Great Team
I&E/ANALYZER TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), LaPorte, TXNovember 25, 2013
Pros: great people and good pay
Cons: policies and procedures through the wazoo, write a ticket for paper clips please....lol
I think DuPont is a world class company but they hurt themselves with their own standards. You can't maintenance your Hyundai like a Cadillac and expect the Hyundai to be a Cadillac just because you maintained it that way. There selling my unit to the Japenese, and once your stuck your stuck, no offers to go elsewhere, and not much on your opinion even – more... when they say that's what they want from you is your opinion. But alas it is good pay and friendly people all around. – less
Best place I've ever worked.
Machine Designer/Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Circleville, OHNovember 21, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: safety procedures overkill
Typical start of day is to check emails, check project priorities, check calendar for meetings, and start on highest current priority project.

Enjoy total involvement in project design and management.

Learned how to be at highest efficiency.

Most coworkers are friendly and helpful. We all strive to work as a team.

Hardest part of job is constant – more... change in forms and procedures.

Most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers who no how to have fun while being efficient. – less
Company has a good balance of work and family needs
Drafter (Current Employee), Circleville, OHNovember 10, 2013
People are wiling to help
Company is wanting to see peronal growth
DuPont a good place to work
Shutdown Planner (Current Employee), LaPorte TxNovember 10, 2013
Pros: great benifits, flexable work schedule .
Cons: compensation for performance started off great and know is non exsiting
DuPont is a good place to work , they are focused on safety and core values. DuPont will challenge you in your job they have provided me with on the job training , other companies would not have done this for me , the managers are fair and my coworkers are first class , there is more work to do than there are hours in a day for urgent work but you just – more... do it anyway that is part ob being on a team . when a milestone is reached we get treated to lunch witch is the better part of being on a team. I like DuPont they have been good for me. – less
Very hard work but the company has good benefits and pays very well.
General Operator (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYNovember 7, 2013
This is a good company to work for and if you are looking to make a good amount of money then this is the place. Your co-workers are hit and miss. The hardest part of the job is the rotating schedule and the work atmosphere you have to work in. You work with molten alkaline metal and it is extremely hot.
Great work place
Construction Engineer (Current Employee), LaPorteOctober 24, 2013
Great company to work for. Daily focus is Capital construction on major projects.
Rich learning environment
Research Internship (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 18, 2013
Professional work setting, great coworkers. Great work-life balance.
Opportunity for movement and growth
Engineer (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 16, 2013
Lots of opportunity to grow. Job assignments can be challenging, fun, and rewarding. Mangement lacks in mentorship program. Can be put in assignments without the right resources or guidance.
power operations
Power operations (Current Employee), Leland, NCOctober 5, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: plant closure
Computer operations to control levels for daily operations. Learning something everyday is a plus. You see different things all the time and you problem solve them. Our management was excellent. They would pitch in and help when they could.
Friendly and fun workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 30, 2013
Usual routine, come in the morning and perform the same task. Some time the work load is huge. It is a very friendly environment. Co-workers are great. We almost eat lunch together everyday. I have learned about genome and about constructing library that I have never learned before so for me it is a great experience.
great company
API 653 Inspector (Former Employee), Belle,WVSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: old office buildings
great company with near unlimited training,and excellent safety record
Excellent pay and benefits. Work days were long with 12 hour shifts, 4 days on and 4 days off.
Product Operator - CorianĀ® production line (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYSeptember 24, 2013
Worked 4 12 hour days then 4 days off, shift work. The co-workers were for the most part, easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with Corian that wasn't setting properly and having to remove it from the line at a certain point. The line ran at a fast speed. The best part was loading the trucks with the fork lift.
Process Mechanic (Former Employee), LaPorteSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Repaired rotating equipment. Worded to develop PPM programs such as vibration and lubrication
inventory reconciliation, data entry, part pulling
Data entry (Former Employee), Netwown, CTSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: great french benifits
Cons: some co-workers not pulling their weight
Keep up with inventory reconciliation in order to insure that parts for building centrifuges were available. Solving problems involving missing parts. Entering data to reduce inventory. Pull parts so the floor could build the centrifuges
DuPont left area in 2001
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Cape Fear siteAugust 30, 2013
I worked for DuPont for four year before they sold the site to DAK Americas. During those four years I received regular raises until DAK took over. They froze salary increases for ten years.
Stable company, but definitely has to make changes to grow and survive
Marketing (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 18, 2013
The most enjoyable aspects are definitely the people and the ability to work cross-functionally. There are definitely a lot of smart people at DuPont. You can move to a TON of different industries within one company (which is great) and work in different functions as well.

I think the company has room to improve in regard to culture and nurturing it's – more... young talent. There's a very "old school" and "good 'ol boy" mentality at DuPont where the people are hesitant to adopt new ideas and sometimes it's who you know. In regard to personal development, each person is responsible for their own. It's making effort to get younger and more diverse in regard to background (education, etc). – less
Excellent Company to work for, learned alot from this Company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Boothwyn, PAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: learned the best of following policies and procedures
Cons: dont really have no bad things to say, sorry they sold the plant
I worked with Dupont over 17 years consisting to 5 years as Mail Clerk and Switch board operation- I did daily mail runs, sorting and filing mail. I also cover switch board operation for her breaks and lunch, also vacation days.

Then I did 3 years as Payroll clerk- Calulate payroll and put on a spread sheet to go to Corporate. Kept records of Time – more... sheet info.
Verify hours of data and forward to Corporate office.

Then I received an opportunity to a position - doing Account Payables and working close with Purchasing Agent as an assistance to her. I did this for over 7 or 8 years at Dupont. This was the last position at Dupont before they sold this Printing Company to Standard Registered.... We all were part of the sale of this printing plant. I have learned a lot working for this company. I learned all my policies and procedures at this company. They were great to work for and I enjoyed ever bit of it. The best jobs ever. – less

About DuPont

E. I. du Pont de NemoursĀ (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on – Read more