DuPont Employee Reviews

Good if you actually make it as a Dupont employee
Production and Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NewarkFebruary 26, 2012
I've been a contractor with Dupont three different times and never again. They tell you its a year or maybe even three but if production and money totals isn't where they like it, they will cut you loose without thinking about it. I can't even get my things out of my locker, they are so crazy about it. It doesn't matter how hard you work or how dedicated you are, they will mostly never make you a Dupont employee.
Pros
starting pay, hours.
Cons
job security, bad management.
Career advancement based more on bureaucratic than result
Technology engineer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 15, 2012
Good ol' boy culture. Advancement weighs heavily on popularity with management than actual result. Safety has evolved to risk aversion. Not a lot of room for growth and development. Horrible work/life balance. 40 Hours is unacceptable, 50 is expected, frequent calls at home and weekends.
Pros
strong safety culture, good working environment, good colleagues, satisfactory pay and benefits, established corporate culture
Cons
bureaucratic, management lack vision, manufacturing process not par with competition

Comment – February 24, 2012

HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK. I agree with all the negative comments posted on this location. Not a good place to work!!!

it's a safe place to work
Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 25, 2012
as soon as you walk in the door safety becomes first on your mined so i make sure i where all of my PPE. on the most part i injoy management an co-works i like talking to them i find that working shift work nites are the hards part of the job and having a job i fill bless.
Pros
anything you need for the job they provide it free
Cons
im a contractor hoping to become a duponter
Productive,Safe work environment
Haz-Mat (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 8, 2014
Unloading hazardous chemicals from tanker trucks Learned about haz-mat operation which included wearing PPE properly. Really didn't get to interact much with management per se,but the co-workers i received my instructions from each day really had it together,very informative. The job was outdoors so the only hard part of the job was working out in the cold. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the job itself.
Pros
wages
Cons
working outside in the cold
Chemical Engineering Intern, Texas
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Orange, TexasMarch 29, 2014
Start work at 7 in the morning. Go to a meeting about plant performance, PSM issues, and safety. Report to your mentor who is a senior engineer and guides you in your work. Employees have officers and the building in spacious, which can sometimes deter collaboration.
Pros
cutting edge processes and an excellent opportunity to gain really positive engineering experience.
Cons
beurocratic. required to complete uneccesary training; company quite set in its ways of operating.
Big Company of conglomeration
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 7, 2016
Typical work day varied. I learned how to be flexible and adaptable with great leadership in co-workers who mentored me. The hardest part of the job was being in a large company promotions with a job title change, bonuses, and rewards were hard to come-by or earn. The best part of this job was the professionalism with the small and young team that I developed my career with.
Pros
Mentoring co-workers, Flexibility, Adaptability, Small Specialized Team
Cons
Being Eliminated with a Merger
Great People
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2015
There are so many great people that work at DuPont but the company does little to maintain its core values and reputation that is synonymous with the name DuPont. They have poor management systems and do very little to integrate the ever-changing fleets of businesses that make up DuPont. There are lots of different types of jobs in the company but the culture and poor management will stop you from truly being the best when compared to peers at other companies.
Pros
great people
Cons
poor management, no integration
Love my job at DuPont & I play well with others.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 7, 2015
Busy job. Work extensively with Microsoft Powerpt, Excel, Word & Outlook. Create purchase orders in SRM. Set up & Coordinate numerous meetings & travel. Very proactive in being 2 steps ahead of my manager....Anticipate & Communicate:). Interact with awesome people. Enjoy the challenges of leaning new things. Very comfortable in the position. Fantastic company!
Pros
can wear jeans.
Cons
none i can think of
High ethics; great multi cultural atmosphere.
Venture, Marketing & Product Manager GLS, P&IP (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 16, 2014
The DuPont company gave me the opportunity to advance based on how hard I worked.

There is a lot of cross functional interaction which allows for quick resolution of daily and longer term issues.
Pros
open work atmosphere ; great room for growth; reward and recognition for efforts.
Cons
dupont is going thru many changes that often includes having to downsize staff.
Overall a great and safe work place
Painter (Former Employee) –  Fayteville North CarolinaMay 16, 2013
First we would do early morning work out. It was allot of stairs so the company policy was for us to stay fit. After workout we get our assigments. My job was to paint so they would give me area that the company need to painted. i would go over my work area to make sure it was safe for me and people around me to work at and paint designeted area.
Pros
safe work enviroment
Cons
it was only temp job only last up to a year
Very welcoming place to work
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIMay 14, 2014
When working for the Beloit, WI Dupont, you will immediately be welcomed like family. The environment is a very close nit group of individuals to work with. The management is also very helping and friendly. I would recommend anyone to consider an opportunity with DuPont when looking for work in Beloit, WI.
Pros
plenty of fun and free team building activities
Cons
i was only an intern employed through aerotek, so no benefits.
dupont
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  monroe NCMay 14, 2014
It was a great atmosphere with great people to work with.I Set up and operates polymer fabricating machines, such as brakes,rolls,shears,saws,and presses, to cut, bend, straighten, andform polymer strings, sheets, and structural
shapes according to blueprints and specifications: Reads and interprets blueprints,
engineering specifications, and shop orders to determine machine setup, production
methods, and sequence of operation.
Pros
1st shift schedule
Cons
getting laid off with no notice
Not a good place to work
operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 20, 2013
Worked there for thirty years. Company shut plant down and left a lot of good people short on retirement. very little assistance in moving to job openings on other side of plant. Money was good. 24/7 operation including all holidays. missed a lot of family time, kids growing up because of shift work, unable to get time off or vacation time.

former operator
Pros
money was good
Cons
chemicals, outside in all kinds of weather
relaxed atmosphere with plenty of employees to help you gain the knowlege needed
Process operator (Former Employee) –  Washington, WVJune 5, 2015
Report to work early, and get pre-paired for your shift. Perform shift turn over at the start and end of shift. perform lock out-tag out when needed to. Assist mechanics in repairing problems, and help change valves and pumps when needed. Communicate with upper level management on day-to-day operation's of the area, and report any down time and problems that may arise.
Best experience as a contractor I've ever had
Sr. Talent Acquisition Delivery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 20, 2014
While working with the HR teams, I was able to implement new recruitment strategies that worked well for each of the sites I was supporting. I was recognized by the Director of HR at the HRLT for outstanding performance in talent acquisition partnership.
Pros
being given a higher level of responsibility than my peers
Cons
having to leave once the contract was over
DAK Americas was a company who provided a good life style to support families in the area
Cut/Bale Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCSeptember 25, 2014
Company taught you how to work independent or with a team. Shift were 12hrs rotating. Hardest part adjusting your family to the schedule changing. Meeting new people and having a bond over the years.
Pros
security in your job
Cons
needed up to date machinery and central air and heat
Excellent pay and benefits. Work days were long with 12 hour shifts, 4 days on and 4 days off.
Product Operator - Corian® production line (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYSeptember 24, 2013
Worked 4 12 hour days then 4 days off, shift work. The co-workers were for the most part, easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with Corian that wasn't setting properly and having to remove it from the line at a certain point. The line ran at a fast speed. The best part was loading the trucks with the fork lift.
The people are great to work with. Every Friday mixers are great also.
Process Technician II (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 14, 2015
The benefits are probably the worst that I have had in my work experience. Very flexible and a fun place to work. there is nothing wrong with the company, except we need better health care beneifits. I have learned so much about the Bio Tech industry while working here.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Health benifits are not that great.
Cnc machnist (Former Employee) –  6200 Hillcrest Drive Cleveland Ohio 44125November 8, 2014
came in got my orders and i learned to work on new machinery and the trust that i could do it. they where very motivating.Managment was encouraging.Co workers was the best to work together as a team.Ther where no hard partThe most enjoyable was going to work at state of an art plant.
Pros
working on many new type and new machines and working as many hours that i could
Cons
the contract ran out
Large productivity and good workers.
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 7, 2013
Dupont is a large company and being part of a large company, you tend to get lost in the shuffle. People didn't talk much and it reminded me of worker ants falling in line to do their job and there was always tension in the air. I love welding but that was not a job i enjoyed.
Pros
good money, ok benefits.
Cons
no place for advancement.