DuPont Employee Reviews in United States

Chemical Process Operator (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TX 77571March 23, 2016
Great place to work. Great coworkers who always have your back. Competitive benefits. Love the schedule and the overtime. Management could be better.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Better management
Historical stability replaced by change
Global Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 9, 2016
Clearly a company that is in a period of change.
It has been a great place to work for many years but the new leadership of the company has begun a journey to change that will impact the company for many years.
Great Start
Asset Scheduler (Current Employee) –  New Century, KSMay 10, 2016
The company overall has a great work/life balance with ability to work remotely. Yet, the culture of mid-management of the site is "older" and has not caught up with the times.
WAS one of the best...
Program Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 3, 2015
DuPont was a fabulous company that I was proud to work for for many years and who in these challenging times, still truly cared for and respected their people.
Sadly, the company is undergoing a tremendous amount of change and this very unstable environment is forcing them to make decisions which are contrary to the core values they stood by for centuries.
Productive & Njoyment place
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  DelawareJune 8, 2016
I have worked for the Dupont for 2 years
Great place to work.Not much to learn over there.
Good Management.We can learn lot from the managers
Technical Service Investigator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 11, 2016
Dupont is a good place to work.It has it s faults like any other big company but over all is a good place. Management is too risk adverse. The job is satisfying.
i really enjoyed working for this company even though it was only temporary.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  15180 henry wood rd grand rapids ,ohio 43522February 8, 2016
this company is the first one I have ever worked for that took safety that serious!! I respect a place who is concerned for the employees safety over production.
poorly managed company with no strategic vision
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 30, 2015
The people are great to work with but management at all levels does not care to understand what the employees actually do. Short sighted objectives trump long term thinking at every turn.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
weak management, no strategic vision
Great people, great work, bad managers
Associate Investigator (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 8, 2016
The people are great, the science is great and the job itself is great. The supervisors need to take some courses in empathy though.
great job
Packer (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaMarch 25, 2016
DuPont is a great work environment with great people. The bosses were nice. The employees were great. I got a long with everyone. I learned so much from them.
Pros
great employees
Secure employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXDecember 14, 2015
Perform data entry, HR functions; manage programs; generate reports; interact with all levels of employees and managers. Great bunch of people to work with. Enjoyed safety related social functions.
Pros
Secure employment
Cons
No employee growth without a degree
Great People
Research Investigator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 27, 2016
Everyone I have encountered at DuPont has been amazing and very helpful. The new CEO is lowering morale in the company by laying people off and job security is no longer a perk of this position.
Felt valued and paid appropriately for work expertise
Supply Chain Coordinator/Lycra PACS (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VANovember 11, 2015
Began my career as secretary and then went into Information Systems, Planning and then back into Information Systems.

I can say I truly loved all jobs I had while working for DuPont.
Pros
Valued, benefits, pay
Cons
Our portion of company sold to a privately owned company.
Productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 23, 2016
Great company to work for and hate that my employment had to end. I did learn a lot from the company and my fellow coworkers
Excellent wages and benefits.
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Madison, IAFebruary 1, 2016
DuPont is a great company to work for regarding wages and benefits. My typical day is pretty structured, and for the most part, very routine. I have gained an incredible amount of knowledge while working for DuPont. The management at the Fort Madison site is great. I feel very comfortable communicating any issues or concerns. I have a good team of co-workers, several with whom I work very closely. The hardest part of the job has been due to the recent "restructuring" program related to the Dow DuPont merger. The work load is heavy, and I have multiple job titles. I do like to keep busy and mange my positions very well; however, with all of the recent job cuts I have been left with very few resources. I have always worked for family oriented businesses and still have a difficult time adjusting to the corporate lifestyle. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I get to work with. Most of us are on the same page and provide good support for one another.
Pros
Wages, benefits and our Lunch Group.
Cons
Heavy workload, limited resources, corporate feel.
The people are great to work with. Every Friday mixers are great also.
Process Technician II (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 14, 2015
The benefits are probably the worst that I have had in my work experience. Very flexible and a fun place to work. there is nothing wrong with the company, except we need better health care beneifits. I have learned so much about the Bio Tech industry while working here.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Health benifits are not that great.
Great experience
Plant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 16, 2016
It was a short stay but e good one. Chemours on the other hand was different. Overall it was a good journey. The co-worker are awesome and really good people.
typical day
material handler operator (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 25, 2016
arrived at work ,run a bag line and a box station. worked on a computer and used scanning devices. Pay was good,benefits good.
Pros
really enjoyed working for dupont
Good working environment, Poor benefits
Power Distribution Engineer - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 12, 2016
Horrible benefits and job security. Work 9hrs+- per day typically 5 days a week. On call 24/7 for outages and technical expertise.
Under going a lot of change currently
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 19, 2015
The company has been good to me and my career up to this point. They are under going a lot of change right now and cutting back the workforce. I'm unsure of their future and looking for an opportunity where my contributions will be valued.