DuPont Employee Reviews

Worst place
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 1, 2017
They change your schedule every week without letting employer know about the change. If u tell them u can't work then hours they will flat or tell u find another job
Customer Service in the Building Innovation Department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 27, 2017
In a group of 4, I helped create a customer service department, for DuPont's Building Innovations, from the ground up. Thousands of backed up emails, voicemail's, and sales leads were returned. Once the department was back on track, I trained DuPont employees on how to continue to provide service to these customers.
Great work environment
Project Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 23, 2017
DuPont is a great company to work for, especially in-terms of people/work culture and career advancement. Having been part of their field engineering program, I was exposed to so many aspects of the business and felt as if I had control of my career the entire time.
Pros
Career, People, Job Safety
Cons
Office Politics
It is a good place to work
Facility Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 23, 2017
It has its good and bad
overall a good job with some challenges
I am a upbeat positive person so the negative atmosphere is a little depressing at times. We have lost our comradery
Its lost its family love and commitment
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
negative atmosphere
challenging
Sustainable Solutions (Former Employee) –  Mid-Atlantic RegionFebruary 17, 2017
opportunities projects diverse culture
core values management travel
training
Physically demanding, great paying job
Cell Operator/ Temperature Man (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Dupont was a good company to work because they offered excellent pay and good benefits. It was a job that required some mental determination as it was physically demanding, and sometimes the temperature inside the plant was over 100 degrees fahrenheit. Unfortunately the plant closed due to a lack of demand for sodium, if it was still open I would absolutely still be employed there today.
Pros
Excellent pay, great co-workers
Cons
Plant closed
Great Experience
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 13, 2017
I worked for Dupont for l5 years. It as a great company to work for. I enjoyed learning difference aspects of the company. They have good benefits and good working conditions.
Pros
Good Job
Cons
Shift Work to start out for most everyone.
Good Company. Going through a lot of changes.
CI / Operational Excellence Manager (Former Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRFebruary 8, 2017
Good Company going through a lot of changes. A lot of history. Opportunities may come in the future when a planned merge is completed.
Overall feeling of "when is the next shoe going to drop?"
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  DelawareFebruary 8, 2017
Difficult to work with employee morale very low. DuPont was a great company to work for. Learned many new skills through a variety of positions.
Productive business
Clerical (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 7, 2017
worked in office that makes and supply paint to General Motor corporation. Also work with the Japanese that helps provide paint for the autos at General Motors
Pros
very professional
Cons
Safe and productive place to work
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Best company ever to work for. I learned a great deal while working for Dupont. I would have loved to retire from Dupont but circumstances prevented this.
Dupont
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 2, 2017
Dupont was my customer, while I was a sales representative at VWR International, it was great facility to work at day to day.
Factory
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAJanuary 31, 2017
8 hours a day
Fixing machinery
Making sure the machine run properly
Change components on machine
Report big problem to management
Troubleshoot machines
Work with other co-workers
Safety awareness
Pros
Hot
Cons
Long day
Superb Company
Engineering Manager/Master Black belt (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 30, 2017
This is a great company and they really try to help the employees. they went through very tough times and had to eliminate a lot of jobs, but I always enjoyed the people and the environment. Their core values are excellent.
Pros
People
Cons
Wall Street pressure
Great Pay but horrible job
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 27, 2017
Job would be great if management did a better job. Woring as a contractor is better than full time employee. Once you become a full time employee they look for all kinds of ways to fire you. Other than that the pay is great and overtime is frequent.
different from my previous experience
hole cleaning (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 26, 2017
I had to use a pipe cleaners to clean the thread holes it is a huge sewing machine that made carpets. I got to watch a robot do some work not sure what it was doing just know it came. Out of a door ran on floor looking at the machine
Pros
caffa
Cons
short lunch
Great
Control Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 19, 2017
Working here was great. Everyone was always willing to help. The hours were long. Clean environment. Could be stressful at times
Overall good job experience
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 15, 2017
Changing culture of late. I left company two years ago during time of divesture of businesses. The company is now in the process of merger with Dow Chemical and know there has been a lot of upheavel.
Productive and fun workplace
Chemical operator (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 13, 2017
This has been my first job after graduating college and has been very enjoyable. I got very lucky finding a job with a great culture (work hard, play hard). Everybody is eager to share knowledge and supportive of branching out of the department to explore other avenues.
Pros
Food on site, activities like ping pong and pool table. Friday afternoon social
Cons
Healthcare
Real good place to work
Soybean Extraction Operator (Former Employee) –  Gibson City, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Worked 3 1/2 years as an Extraction Operator and loved it. The huge downside for me was the 2 week swing shift. 2 weeks on 5am-5pm then 2 weeks on 5pm-5am. Good hours if you're single. You end up working 2 days on and then 2 off. Every other weekend you work Saturday, Sunday, Monday.

Transferred to a straight dayshift cleanup position after 3 1/2 years of being zombified by the swing shift. I liked the work the position offered: loading shipping containers with meal, helping move rail, cleaning up, etc. After awhile the dept. superintendent put my name in some safety committee and was forced to go to mandatory meetings all the time. That wasn't my cup of tee.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, work
Cons
swing shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DuPont. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval