Dupre Logistics, LLC Employee Reviews

Ok
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Taft, LAOctober 29, 2017
The company is not bad to work for. There are a lot of good people with this company, so things could be improved upon. I just feel for me I need a change.
Pros
Home
Cons
Other
Fast pace work environment
Dispatch Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 30, 2017
Fast pace, if breaks taken you fall behind. No personal days, must swap with opposite shift in order for family function. Tough salary to support fam.
Pros
Friendly environment, dispatch core help each other.
Cons
No breaks specified, if tsken then you fall behind a good deal
Not a bad place overall
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 30, 2017
Home every night, set schedule well in advanced. Good pay for the amount of work required. Very little physical work required. Management not bad in one on one situations. Some drivers a little too laid back but overall a good group of guys.
Lousy hr
Day chemical driver (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXJuly 13, 2017
I was going to work here, but after a couple of minutes of talking to the recruiter. .she didn't listen and wanted me to do her leg work..I worked as a recruiter, so can't began to say how uninspired she left me.
Productive and fun place
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2017
A typical day at work requires day to day focusing. Environment is a fun place to work, but also professional. I have learned a lot and taken the skill set on to improve my career.
Hard work. Long Hours
Commercial Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 26, 2017
Worked 4pm - 4am
Go into yard. Collect bills of lading. Get truck assignment. Conduct ore trip inspection and then spend the next 12 hours picking up fuel from the refineries and delivering to local business around Houston.
Pros
Received Tanker Experience
Cons
Horrible Hours. No personal time
Decent job
Fuel Hauler (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMay 7, 2017
Where I work they are pretty forgiving for fuel haulers. The group of guys I work with are pretty good. Work is slow at times and then a couple days later we are slammed. The pay is good. The benefits as well. As long as you show up and give good effort your job will be safe. They changed from hourly pay to load pay which has been good. They took away the bonuses so that's a bummer But overall a good company.
Pros
Good pay decent dispatchers
Cons
No bonuses
Dupre logistics
Lead Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sulfur laMay 5, 2017
I worked at dupre logistics for over 8 yrs pay was good fast paced because I hauled coke that's a petroleum product out of citgo refinery to a pad 2 miles away average around 19 loads per shift. made lead driver for my last 2 years. Great job. I retired and moved to Texas to be around family. sure miss it.
Pros
Know what your work week shift is and days off
Cons
Refinery is noisy and dangerous why it pays well.
Not a stable job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 21, 2017
They hire a lot a family members and when they come there to work all your hard work is swept under the rug like your nothing. Family and friends are fisrt with this company or with the New Orleans folgers location.
Oil field life
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 18, 2017
As with all oilfield jobs there is no guarantee of tomorrow. But it's such a great work environment with great people. It's hard dangerous and fun the people from all over the world make it the best place
Pros
Great people
Cons
Doesn't last long
crude oil driver former
Former crude oil driver (Former Employee) –  Gillette WYDecember 11, 2016
job was OK for awhile. Management has no idea about Wyoming oil fields. Brilliant idea to put a yard in Wright Wyoming where there are no shops. If management doesn't like you as you aren't in the click they find a way to get rid of you.
Benefits
Upper Middle Class Trucking
Former Driver (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TX. Corpus Christi, TxNovember 4, 2016
I worked for Dupre Logistics for about five years. In the world trucking they are in the top 10%. I started my Dupre career working in the Dallas-Fort Worth area delivering fuel to accounts that they had there. After a couple of years I was given an opportunity to relocate to South Texas to be a part of their beginning crude oil gathering contract. My involvement with Dupre has allowed me to progress my life to where I am now. If you are a safe and compliant driver who enjoys recognition and pay related to the effort that you give you will enjoy this experience. I would be with them today if I did not want to evolve into becoming my own company owner operator.
Pros
Quarterly bonus
Cons
Little patience for mistakes
Not a good place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXAugust 10, 2016
Management is very lazy safety department is grossly overbearing and the drivers are only making about half of what they were
Cons
Was a good place to work before management change
EDI Coordinator/ (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 15, 2016
Had everything going their way until change in management and downturn in oil prices. The new management starting laying off people resulting in a brain drain and lower morale.
Crude Driver
Crude Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 18, 2015
The job was great at the beginning till oil prices starting tanking. Very poor management during lay off process; Dupre management was not upfront with employees; No Warning of lay offs; Terms of Employment were changed; Pay was reduced; Favoritism to less productive employees; kept less productive employees and laid off the top paid producers.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Bonuses
Cons
Bad Management; Dispatch out of Houston doesn't work for SA region.
Tanker driver
Tanker driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasAugust 3, 2015
Companies not a bad company management was OK plenty of work very good pay very good benefits . But be sure not to make a mistake it will end in your termination you have to mind your peas and cues all the time. Also be careful of management and recruiter sometimes they lie. They told me I could reapply there after a year I did and they excepted my application and asked me if I wanted to work in a different area I told him no I wanted to work in my own area they lied to me and told me that position has been field which is not true I called recruiter the next day to ask if the permit position Haddonfield and she said no then when I told her who I was she lied and said yes I called again to ask you to if the position has been field she said no. All I have to say is they would not rehire me for that position they didn't have to lie about it so be careful.
Pros
Good money good benefits good health care
Cons
management is lazy no communication
Customer service representive for liquid bulk department
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 26, 2015
I worked with customer to get order and input it into system. Help with looking for trucks for loads. I worked several reports that are required to work on a daily basis.
Great place to get started in logistics
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXMarch 2, 2015
Supervising and dispatching professional drivers for dedicated customers enforcing and promoting safe service that's profitable
Friendly, outgoing, and overall reliable.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  ILDecember 19, 2013
Busy daily our modo is "expect the unexpected" fast paced and overall productive.
Management are motivating and understanding. The hardest part of the job is being in a small constuction trailer which we use as offcie space and coming across several close calls by other carriers slaming into our office space. The enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to learning new skills.