Dupre Logistics Employee Reviews

Great work place
Crude Oil Driver (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXJune 10, 2017
A typical work day consist of completing all work related task in a timely manner. I learned that a good and professional relationship with management makes communication regarding my work responsibilities and duties the most enjoyable part of my job. This allows me to work with more confidence, knowing that am performing my job duties and responsibilities at my best. Adopting to work place culture solely depends on if the culture is positive and benefits the company and its employees. The hardest part of my job is, not having any work to do. This makes my day feels longer.
Please don't unless you are absolutely desperate
Fuel dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 20, 2017
The turnover rate is extremely high and for good reason. Their several code of business conducts violations and the so called human resources just overlooked it. The systems used to dispatch are outdated adding to the addition stress of the work day. Drivers quit on a regular basis leaving you searching for ways to complete a delivery to the customers. the only reason the few people who having quit yet are still there is because the job market is horrible in Louisiana since the oil and gas meltdown.
Pros
The 7on 7 off schedule
Cons
Expensive benefits, pay and the mismanagement
Good company to work for.
Driver, Hazardous Materials Certified (Current Employee) –  Summit, ILNovember 16, 2016
Decent place to work, but lately work is slow. Average pay, could be better, insurance is getting more expensive. Immediate management is good to work for, treat you very well. Good co-workers. Expect some 12 hour days and some very short days like 6-7 hours. Start time is 4am and end time is 4pm, but not every day.
Pros
No touch freight.
Cons
Very early start 4am.
Great company to work for
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Three Rivers, TXOctober 1, 2016
very challenging and dangerous job,learned to place safety paramount,great rapport with management and co workers, hardest part of the job is being exposed to dangerous gases, best part is providing safe timely service
Pros
great schedule
Cons
short lunch break
Driver (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXAugust 22, 2016
Good steady work schedule. Depends on the hours you worked, whether it was suitable for your needs. Management was sometimes hard to deal with when problems came up. Great co workers.
Pros
Work schedules, Safety
Cons
Pressed for time to get things done
Awesome job to have
Fuel Dispatch Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 13, 2016
Very good place to work with great benefits, also great schedules and great management; very friendly co workers and overall great pay! I just started here but so far so good!
I love this company. Treats its employees well.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXJune 13, 2016
I love this company. If I felt a real sense of advancement, I would stay. Most of the people we work with are fun, energetic, responsible and capable.
Pros
Benefits day 1, upper management approachable. Employees coachable.
Cons
Seems to be a gridlock in advancement. Sometimes the drivers have more power than needed.
Good solid job!
Fuel Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Duson, LAOctober 1, 2015
Pay attention to what you are doing and this job will last a long time. The pay is average for a company driver. Benefits could be better. Good training, experience and looks good on resume if you plan to be and O/O.
familty company
FUEL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 20, 2015
Great company and very family friendly. Cares very much for the employee and made sure I was home every night. Pays really well.
good company to work for
Truck Driver-Local (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 19, 2015
was a fuel hauler. started with loads for the day. did a pre-trip on the equipment you where using that day. loaded your trailer at the loading racks then unload at gas stations. when you completed your work load you would call for more loads if you had time or just go back to the yard and do your post-trip on the equipment to make sure everything was alright for the next driver. you finished the day by scanning paperwork over to the corporate office. the atmosphere with the other employees was friendly to the point if you asked any person you worked with for help they would always be willing to help.
Pros
great team work.
Top pay, safe, and family friendly
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXFebruary 10, 2015
This is the by far one of the best trucking companies to work for today. Dupre specializes in bulk liquid transportation, gas, crude oil, chemical ect....with some dry van chem transportation. You won't find a company willing to pay more for your experience. And what I often hear drivers say about our pay package is that they don't believe it. DUPRE PAYS BY THE HOUR...for all jobs whether it's local, regional or OTR! No joke! No small print! Stuck getting unloaded, get paid. Truck issue, get paid. 40 hr minimum with overtime after 40 hrs. This is trucking so you always work more than 40 hrs. The reason Dupre pays by the hour is to minimize risk with trying to push to get the next load and it has served them well. Turnover is very low! Safety is the best in the industry. If you see a Dupre driver, just ask them, they'll be happy to tell you all about the company. Family owned, employee focused, family friendly....Just bring some safe driving experience and a customer service attitude...hazmat and twic are important too. You'll never look back! Call a recruiter www.duprelogistics.com. If I could give you my number I would...Dupre pays big referral bonuses.
Pros
Highest industry pay paid hourly!
Cons
Hard to think of any unless you dislike working hard.
my CO.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  New Orleans LA.November 11, 2014
this was a tow truck co. I worked for my self, that was the best thing. On call 24/7 .
Very fast paced 3rd party logistics departement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 12, 2014
Worked with customers to acquire loads and negotiate rates for loads that did not have rates. Keyed in loads into out computer system. Worked with sales rep on all customers. Answered phones and helped customers or drivers with issues that they may have
Excellent safety culture
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2014
Dupre' Logistics puts their money where their mouth is when it comes to safety. They require anyone that drives any company vehicle to adhere to the safety program. They care about the people that work for them. I am truly grateful to have been a part of such a wonderful safety environment for so long.
Pros
Excellent safety culture.
Cons
Tend to look over non-driver personnel/non-manager personnel
Good company to work for with lots of incentive
Crude Oil Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 2, 2014
A good company to work with they care about their drivers. Your drive all over the southern part of the state picking up and delivering crude oil to many different places. You have long hours. you work 5 on 2 off, 5 on and 3 off.
Not fun at all
Fuel driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas,tx.February 16, 2014
Working for dupre was very difficult they pay low wages, your on a rotating shift, the only thing that matters is making $money for dupre, saftey is not the number 1 goal they shift the blame to one another, then if you quit they lie , say you had an incident on your driver record to keep you from getting better employment!!!! i would never work for dupre again.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Favortism
Not a safe place to work
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Deridder, LADecember 11, 2012
Middle mgt had lots problems.Lies lies mgt turnovers.Still more lies.Serious safety issues.It was a new venture ;on site'.The customer called the ball not dupre safety grew so slow in this division it is amazing no 1 was killed..What they seemed to know about chemicals was so little.So lacking in even common sense.Just run run run.Don't think.Most of the time you didn;t get lunch or breaks,it is a rolling local sweat shop.No time card to punch and w/o a truck you could not log in.You lost alot $ cause it was off the clock.Would not fix stuff for mo's and sometimes it just didn't get fixed.Dot was a joke to,14 hr rule meant 0.Just get close and stop log out and drive in(off clock=no pay)close could be houston.To must payoff some 1 to be in tankers,chemicals.
Pros
start 16$ hr on days.
Cons
all rest