Duquesne University

Duquesne University Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2014
Pros: lunch, free gym, retirement, lots of holidays off
Cons: no room for advancement/to make more money
Helping students either on phone or in person regarding their financial aid process, bill, how to get loans.
Learned to work well with everyone, feels good to help others,
Co-workers are great. We all work well together.
Hardest part is if there is no way to help a student stay in school and
be successful.
Helping the students that we could help felt – more... good. – less
Great
Duquesne Computer Technical Support Help Desk (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 25, 2014
Great people and experience. Management was great as were the co-workers.
complex
Financial Aid Office Assistant (Current Employee), pittsburgh, paApril 23, 2014
On a daily basis I assist students with their financial aid questions, purge students who are not coming on the dori network, and file paperwork
Higher Ed.
Building Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2014
Work environment with spiritual undertones. Unique way of doing business.
Fun working in the marketing department.
Marketing and Promotions Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 8, 2014
Answer phone calls, creating ideas for marketing of event.
Graduate School
Graduate Student (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 28, 2014
This program was a great graduate institute, I loved working for my boss and the atmosphere was relaxed (for graduate school).
Awesome work environment
Director of Basketball Administration (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 2, 2014
Work directly with the head coach and director of basketball operations to plan travel for the Women's Basketball team. I also manage the managers, and practice players. I assist on the court in drills and work directly with the post players. Assist in creating scouting and recruiting materials.
Great place
System Application Specialist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 9, 2014
I love it here. The management is well organised and you have great co-workers, Benefit is awesome and you have the opportunity to learn a lot of things in different areas.
Great experience
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: college setting
Cons: temporary position
6-6
Great Management
Great Co-Workers
Hardest part- early mornings
Best part- Being in Pittsburgh
A work environment that taught a scientific approach to solving computer problems.
Desk-side Support Technician (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 3, 2013
Pros: affable co-workers, real life experience troubleshooting problems, accommodating hours
Cons: student employee pay
While I was a student at Duquesne University, I worked as a Desk side tech, working closely with university faculty to ensure their various technical problems were resolved in a timely, non intrusive manner. Using the years of experience my fellow employees were happy to share, I learned to use a systematic, scientific approach to solving computer issues – more... ranging from software crashes, blue screens of death, and virus isolation and extermination.
It was stressed that each employee maintain a professional attire and demeanor, however, the most enjoyable part of the job, in my opinion, was the laid back atmosphere that prioritized a job well done over the amount of work accomplished in a given day. We worked with dean's computers, law professor's cell phones, or cleaning up the viruses on a public, shared workstation. If the work of the day was indeed demanding, the bedside manner of both co-workers and university staff alike was something that was a cherished part of the day. – less
Great place to work adjunct
Part time Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, paJune 18, 2013
Pros: great students
Cons: expensive parking
Unless you have a terminal degree there is no way to move into a full time position. Starting salary even with a PhD is low.
Structured work environment great opportunity to learn
DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS TUTOR (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 23, 2013
Pros: working along side field professionals
Cons: limited hours of operation
I have been employed in two different departments at Duquesne University. Both have provided structured work environments where students work along side professionals in the field. This creates an atmosphere that encourages learning and rewards those who work hard.
Renewed Fantastic Experience
Multimedia Technology student/employee (Former Employee), Music School. Guitar & Music Technology DepartmentApril 16, 2013
Pros: free music gear & literature
In general, doing my graduate practicum in the music school, where I received my undergrad degree. Create web sites, author interactive media, train staff as to web building, thoroughly loved this job, even though it only turned into a two year assignment.
Loved it
Tutor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 6, 2013
This was a great place to work. I loved what I did, and loved the people I worked with. That's the best thing you can ask for from a job.
Good place to learn
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 11, 2012
Duquesne provides students with applicable hands on research and skills necessary to succeed in entry level positions.
Great place to work!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 8, 2012
Great school and great place to work! Strong support staff and resources for adjunct personnel.
great jon
Assistant Women's Crew Coach (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 27, 2012
I loved this job because it involved my favorite sport and getting to teach it to others about it.
Excellent condensed matter lab and beginning research experience
Student Researcher (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 16, 2012
I prepared samples of vanadium oxides and hematite and milled them for various amounts of time in a magnetic ball milling machine. Then the lead researcher examined the samples using mossbauer spectroscopy and I used the NORMOS 90 program to analyze the results. The majority of my time was spent using NORMOS. I learned programming techniques, the theory – more... behind mossbauer spectroscopy, and the potential applications of vanadium oxide and hematite reactions. The work was very independent and solitary, and the only time I contacted the lead researcher was when I had a question or needed her help. The hardest part of the job was narrowing down the hyperfine parameters because even a very small change (perhaps 1%) could change the overall error by a tremendous amount (on average about 200% but as much as 5000%). The most enjoyable part of the job was the final product, seeing the plots and presenting the data. After having done so much work the final product was very satisfying. – less
Good Part Time Job
Supervisor of Student Teachers (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PAAugust 4, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: salary
A Very Good Part Time Job
Flexible Schedule
Traveling Without Reimbursement
Physics Tutor
Physics Tutor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 9, 2012
I would tutor students who needed help with physics. I would sit in the tutor lounge and help multiple students learn physics, math, chemistry and computer science.