Duquesne University Employee Reviews

Interesting Job
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 19, 2017
The job was very interesting since it was a science based job. I graduated with biochemistry, and for me getting to see how their experiments went and progressed it was really fun!
Great school, miss working there
Resident Director (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 19, 2016
Very nice organizational department to work for. Loved working with the students. Would definitely return in a heart beat in a different role that does not require living on campus.
Work study position
Student Administrative Aide (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 18, 2016
I worked in the History department as a student aide and really enjoyed my time working here. They were very understanding of my responsibilities as a student and were flexible with my schedule if need be.
great
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 6, 2016
awesome place to work. plenty of vacation time and sick days. free food weekly. everyone is very very nice and kind. i would definitely recommend this job to anyone looking for a great internship.
Pros
long lunches, not busy
Cons
boring
Teaching Assistantship
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 30, 2016
DU is like family. They will treat you very well if you work hard and treat them well. My assistantship included accompanying for undergraduate vocal students and assisting with teaching group piano. I also had to tutor the group piano students outside of class time. It was very hard work and a lot of work but well worth it.
Excellent educational experience
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2016
I learned the ropes of management, technology, education and team leadership. The managers were really nice to work with. They provided a lot of guidance.
Cons
College campus environment, friendly people, easy to get around
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work involves laboratory research and interacting with faculty and students. The management was very helpful and nice s well as the coworkers. The hardest part of the job involved late days at the office due to research. The most enjoyable part of the job was advancing the research project you are interested in.
Easy but boring
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 29, 2016
The job is easy for the most part. I just keep watch and make sure only residents, workers, and guest enter the dormitory. I also deal with complaints, and issues but only by relaying the message via phone. The hardest part about this job is the hours. I work the night shift, which is 12am-8am.
Pros
are able to do what you will with free time
Cons
hours are rough
Enjoyable Workplace
Italian Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 19, 2016
Laid back and well managed, the co-workers are nice and the management is as well. I would highly recommend working there.
Fun summer experience
Chemistry Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 25, 2015
This summer internship was a good experience of how it would be to work 40 hours a week and more. It had a couple of other thing that were not just strictly work related, like the ethics forum, that was educational to say the least.
Beneficial Fundraising Environment
Student Marketer & Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 22, 2015
I worked at Duquesne University for nearly two years and had the privilege of fundraising for the university throughout my fall, spring, and summer semesters. I called, left messages, drafted letters for, delivered, and signed off on information for the university's thousands of donors and sponsors. I reported to the department chairs of the offices of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving. I worked closely with two colleagues, and we each had separate responsibilities, calling lists, and events to manage. The most difficult part of my job would be when I struggled to get a consistent or positive response from the persons I reached out to. However, the most fulfilling part of my job came from receiving the positive and encouraging responses which resulted in attendance, participation, and fundraising for local university and national alumni chapter events.
Pros
Flexible hours and scheduling, good pay, work variety, reasonable break time, great management
Cons
Often independent working hours
Teach a variety of undergraduate courses.
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 19, 2015
Focus on teaching undergraduate students. Mentoring and supervising internships also were a part of my responsibilities. I enjoyed interacting with students.
Division 1 Rowing Coach
Division I Women's Rowing Coach (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 23, 2015
Team of 40-50 student athletes preparing for regional and national competition within the Atlantic 10 conference. Duquesne University is located in downtown Pittsburgh, PA. The boathouse is approximately 3 miles from campus.
Great school
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 23, 2015
Duquesne University is a great school with multiple majors. It has the appeal of being in downtown Pittsburgh while still feeling like its own separate community.
it was ok
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 7, 2015
I like my group and my advisor, but some people there are hard to work with. It was nice that I could make own schedule most of the time.
Pros
make own schedule most of the time
Cons
people
Great atmosphere to work.
Systems/Operations Aide (Former Employee) –  PittsburghFebruary 15, 2015
I worked a few jobs. I loved working at the school I attend. I have learned how to be patient. My manager was a very nice but strict woman. I like what I was doing so it was not a hard part to the job.
A great resourceful place to work, especially for a student.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 28, 2014
I learned a lot from working at Career Services. I learned about the culture, the students, resume write ups, and much more. The environment was pleasing and interesting. I was able to work with students and different classes of people which happens to be my stronger quality.
Pros
flexible work hours (as a student), resourceful, do-able, interpersonal
Campus not overwhelming.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 5, 2014
Being close to downtown Pittsburgh is a plus. Everything you needed is right on campus in one convenient location.
Pros
close to downtown Pittsburgh
Cons
Lack of diversity
Research Assistant job in machine learning area
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 13, 2014
Programmed in Java on machine learning projects;

Performed Authorship Attribution tests on Enron corpus;
Great place to gain teaching experience.
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 12, 2014
Overall, a good place to conduct research for a PhD degree. My days are usually 8-12 hours long with numerous experiments set up and teaching included.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duquesne University. Our community is ready to answer.

Duquesne University Reviews by Location