Dura Automotive Employee Reviews

Most Of The Time Enjoyable
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mount Carroll, ILMarch 4, 2017
Working for Dura Automotive was enjoyable. Typical day at work consisted of assembling seat tracks for automobiles. I learned the safety of the seat tracks that were put into automobiles. The management there was ok. The hardest part of working there was when the parts were made incorrectly to try and assemble the tracks. My enjoyment of working there was the pay, the day shift and the benefits received.
Pros
Free Lunches, Bonuses, Pay, Heathcare
Cons
Melfunctioning equipment, heavy labor
like the co-workers
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNMarch 5, 2017
There was no time off and was not paid nearly enough. I work hard and when I had to go to hospital, I was fired. They do not have any benefits and seldom a day off.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
little to no benefits
Great group of people i worked with
Molding Operator/Assembly (Current Employee) –  Fremont, MIJanuary 4, 2017
Put in the work and you'll get your rewarded. they have a nice place to work lots of OT. They have lots of OT for the people that don't mind that, its hard to make plans some times due to the OT .
Pros
Good chance of pay if you work hard and some good chance of advanment
Cons
short breaks and lots of OT
This place taught me a lot about teamwork.
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOFebruary 15, 2016
Dura was a hard and dirty job, but I enjoyed going to work most days. Every day was different. I learned a lot about teamwork by working on the assembly lines and learned that you are truly only as strong as your weakest link. I left this position on a volunteer lay off basis after the company announced that they were closing my plant. I was able to go to nursing school because of the lay off and will forever be grateful that that opportunity existed for me.
Pros
Worked with some of the hardest-working people I have known, benefits
Cons
Company outsourced, very physical work, exposure to chemicals and other hazards
Assembler
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Stockton, ILFebruary 7, 2017
Not a bad place to work but the pay could be better..the overtime is always mandatory and the training program could be improved..there is really no room for advancement.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
productive
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ILFebruary 19, 2017
productive and fun place to work learned how potato chips are made management doing 12 hour shifts nowing your going home at 3 oclock and getting your paycheck
CNC set-up operator
Orchard View Alternative School (Current Employee) –  Fremont MIMarch 15, 2017
CNC set-up operator. Setting up and changing over CNC's and changing tooling ,programs ,and running good parts. Also reading blue prints using calipers, mics,hight gauges ,and other measuring tools. To ensure good parts
Standard automotive supplier
Global Director of Purchasing, Capital and Tooling (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 10, 2017
Typical automotive. High pressure, lots of activity. This is for most people just a stop along the way rather than a long term destination. Very challenging.
Great Company.
Inspector/Team Lead/Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYFebruary 10, 2017
Assisted all employs in required training and worked to establish a wonderful work environment. High in Quality. One of the best work experiences I have had.
Productive work environment
Process Technician- Certified (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ILFebruary 9, 2017
Typical work day I would run the department watching inventory, assigning jobs, fixing machines, overseeing all production.
Mine
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOJanuary 6, 2017
A lot of hard work including setup of Toshiba VFD and Yaskawa Servos. Siemens TIA and Allen Bradley logix setup and configuration. Integration of new on Old
Assembly line
Wearhouse coordinator (Former Employee) –  Butler, INNovember 21, 2016
Leaned the work with others and to keep up with assembly. I got promoted to forklift and warehouse coronation. Go in do job go home
Pros
Leaning to work on a line and keep up
Cons
People are rude
2nd and 3rd are the least stressed shifts there, but 1st has more overtime
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNDecember 9, 2014
I came in early to set up everything in my work station so when start time came, I was in full swing. I learned if you wait until start time to do all that, there isn't enough time for unforeseen events, like finishing required numbers in the face of downtime. K2XX co-workers were great. We worked together like one person, giving us all the satisfaction of a job well-done.

The hardest part of the job was switching to 1st shift. For me, that was a mistake. I discovered coming in at 2 and 4 a.m. didn't work for me nearly as well as 2nd shift. If I hadn't made that move, I'd still be there today.

A typical day at work required a combination of speed and accuracy. I always started early so when the start-of-shift buzzer sounded, I was already at full speed, making motors and welding electrodes. The 1st shift team had the same concept.
Pros
raises every 2 months, dinners on holidays and birthdays, everyone on a first name basis with plant manager
Cons
short breaks. no paid sick days. knives broke too easily - other supplies overall great.
Racists
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIAugust 5, 2016
They are RACISTS ...i worked there for 3 months and one of my managers was a womanizer ...
The pay is low they work you like slaves for 6 days a week 10 hours a day..
The supervisors talk to you any kind of way its favoritism
If you speak your mind they will fire you
If they dont like you they will fire you ..terrible company all over
Cons
Low pay, terrible managment, racists
team players
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOOctober 23, 2013
Loved working at Dura, everything about it people, work, even the management, they really cared. Loved working as a team. the hardest part of the job would have been the over time and working on Saturdays. the most enjoyable parts of the day would have to be all of us working together,loved it.
Pros
pay, benefits, team work
Cons
moved out of country
Decent job, set hours,
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOOctober 18, 2012
Decent job, people, direct floor manager, and hours, no benefits or time off for "life events" before 1 year
Pros
set shift/hours, decent job & people
Cons
no consideration or benefits for "life events" before 1 year, middle/upper management rarely available to floor employees.
Good job fun and safe work environment
Assembly/Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, TNJuly 3, 2016
I have nothing bad to say about this company at all. I learned so much here and really enjoyed my time spent working for them
Productive and a fun place to work. Coworkers and management were great. Room for advancement.
Cell leader (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, MIAugust 25, 2014
As a cell leader for the two-cell assembly line, I would have to assemble a tire carrier from each cell and test them to make sure they were up to quality standard, I would make sure my workers had all the components needed to assemble the product. I would assign a starting spot for each employee and they would rotate every hour to reduce repetitive motion injuries. Fill out lot traceability and production reports. Test five parts from each cell twice a day to make sure they were within the quality standards set by customer. I would relieve workers for bathroom breaks when necessary. Listen to any concerns they may have and report things that were beyond my capabilities and/or responsibilities to the supervisor. The hardest part of the job was problem solving when parts were substandard due to substandard components. This was time consuming and stressful on my body due to the many tests I would have to perform to bring the product back into customer specifications. I learned how to use a torque and tension tester and dillion machine. The most enjoyable part of my workday was interacting with my workers. We always got along well and looked out for each other.
Pros
Upper management took a great interest in the workers' needs, empowered me to make daily decisions in running the assembly line, good pay and compensation package.
Cons
Closed their doors to relocate to another state.
The interesting people made up for the type of work I did.
Operator A / line leader (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MIDecember 19, 2011
I had a very interesting time during the seven months I worked at Dura before leaving for college. The forklift operator, my supervisors, and other co-workers made my days there more enjoyable.
benefits
Dead end job with little or no chance for advancement
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Stockton, ILApril 3, 2013
Lack a managerial oversight leads to a horrible attitude among the workers. Everyone wants out asap.
Pros
good wages and decent benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dura Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9