Dura Automotive Employee Reviews

Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ILJanuary 8, 2018
I loved the work place there thr environment was great the were big about safty and the had some of the best people to train the new giys its a great place to be feels like family
Productive Day
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNJanuary 1, 2018
Working on a production line, building brake cables for vehicles, Working as a team to make production hourly. Also assist as a team leader when the orginal lead was out, work as a quality control person when needed.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the people
Cons
the standing all day was hard on legs and back
It was a nice place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ILOctober 26, 2017
Good pay calm environment. Unusual work hours. Co workers were nice and very helpful. Very strict on dresscode. I was upset when i was laid off. I liked this job
Pros
Open campus lunch
Cons
Strict dress code
factory work
Assembly line (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MIOctober 24, 2017
i was working on multiple assembly lines and traveled for training on occasion to learn new skills to bring back to the fremont plant.i would not consider a factory job again.
Pros
steady work
Cons
factory work
Typical factory
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ILOctober 13, 2017
A typical day at Dura for me was stressful - we never had enough forklift drivers in my area of the factory, and I didn't like my lines to have to wait for parts, so I was always too busy.
I learned how to operate a crane, manage a warehouse full of dies, and how to drive a forklift. I also learned how to organize my time, but this wasn't something they taught me.
Management at Dura was poor, which lead to a stressful work environment. Employee input was not encouraged.
Trying to supply the needs of 46 operators was the hardest part of the job.
Co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job.
ok for factory work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOSeptember 17, 2017
the hardest part of this job was to keep up with co-workers who have worked the positions for a while. It is very fast paced. have to be able to work quickly with your hands ..
Pros
good benefits
Cons
coming home filthy dirty every day
Great
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MISeptember 5, 2017
They were very very very flexible with understanding life happens. My fiance were pregnant while I was working there and they gave me a lot of time off for the situation.
Dura was going thru bankruptcy and was sold making job cutbacks
Sr. Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIAugust 31, 2017
Tough to work during a Bankruptcy period. This was not handled the best as uncertainty was surely there. The HArdest part of the job is to work when you do not know if you will be there the next day
Pros
Location and Building were nice
Cons
Job Cutbacks
management
Injection molding operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNAugust 17, 2017
all the management are fun to work for its a good work day when you walk in and the come up to you and talk to you about the work you done the day before and how it helped out alot
Productive fastpaced work with helpful supervisors
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ILAugust 9, 2017
Typically fastpaced work, I drive forklift keeping multiple lines operating smoothly, load and unload trucks on pallets, bins, The company put everyone on layoff due to contracts expiring, They kept 15 employees on, and I was one selected, I chose to retire and seek other employment due to job instability, management lacked foresight in securing new contracts, Coworkers were great, supervisors helpful,I worked overtime every week, I enjoy 2nd shift as it works best with my home life, A great 39 years, I started when I was 17!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Didn't replace absent drivers, had me do all at times
ok place to work
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ILAugust 9, 2017
It was a place to work and paid my bills for 39 years. I really didn't
mind working there at first but later like everything else politics came into the work place
Pros
wages and close to home
Cons
no advancement
working at dura was a place i will never forget
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ILMay 29, 2017
when i went to work at the factory in 1992,I had never worked in a factory before,so that in its self was an exsperience, I was what they called a floater, so i had learned how to run most of the jobs there which i like doing, i never knew what job i was going to do until that morning,i liked it that way because you didnt get caught up in all the drama working on one line every day,, the bosses kept you on your toes,but that was there job,dura was a good clean place to work at,the hardest part of my job was working all the over time for so long, dont get me wrong the money was nice,and losing my job after so many years of working there is the worst part.the best part of working there was meeting so many poeple coming and going, but the ones that stayed as long as i did became my family,working at the factory was good n fun n hard n sad n frustraiting at times but i wouldnt trade the exsperience at all.
Pros
the work exsperience, the friends i made
Cons
the overtime was rough at times, losing my job after so many years there.
Standard factory job
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ILMay 24, 2017
A typical day would consist of assembling seat slides with a cohesive unit of people. I have learned how to operate a welding robot. Management works with the people to help problem solve. The most enjoyable part was working with those close to me.
Pros
Provides good insurance.
Cons
Working on cement floors.
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 23, 2017
Everyone here works hard to complete their job, while still being fun, friendly and finding time to joke around with their co workers. It was a good place to work for the few years that I was here
Pros
hardworking and friendly co workers
Cons
Issues with management
Worked 50 plus hours a week months on end but co-workers made it enjoyable.
Assembly operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ILMay 18, 2017
Even though there was a lot of overtime I truly learned a lot about the manufacturing process. If you had questions management was always willing to answer questions about job related duties.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
mandatory overtime most of the time
Soul sucker
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNMarch 20, 2017
This place will work you to death pay you good give you good benefits but the management is poor and probably go under eventually so don't get used to working here
CNC set-up operator
Orchard View Alternative School (Current Employee) –  Fremont MIMarch 15, 2017
CNC set-up operator. Setting up and changing over CNC's and changing tooling ,programs ,and running good parts. Also reading blue prints using calipers, mics,hight gauges ,and other measuring tools. To ensure good parts
like the co-workers
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNMarch 5, 2017
There was no time off and was not paid nearly enough. I work hard and when I had to go to hospital, I was fired. They do not have any benefits and seldom a day off.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
little to no benefits
Most Of The Time Enjoyable
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mount Carroll, ILMarch 4, 2017
Working for Dura Automotive was enjoyable. Typical day at work consisted of assembling seat tracks for automobiles. I learned the safety of the seat tracks that were put into automobiles. The management there was ok. The hardest part of working there was when the parts were made incorrectly to try and assemble the tracks. My enjoyment of working there was the pay, the day shift and the benefits received.
Pros
Free Lunches, Bonuses, Pay, Heathcare
Cons
Melfunctioning equipment, heavy labor
productive
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ILFebruary 19, 2017
productive and fun place to work learned how potato chips are made management doing 12 hour shifts nowing your going home at 3 oclock and getting your paycheck