Dura Automotive Employee Reviews in United States

it's a good place to work
quality (Current Employee) –  Stockton, ILMarch 1, 2016
get everything accomplish,never stop learning,there's always someone there if there's a problem love the people I work for and the ones i work with,hardest part is when there's problem with the product, enjoyable when you have accomplish everything for the day
Pros
i love my job
Cons
it's automobile you never know when your gonna get layed off
Nice Company
Product Development Design, ProjectEngineer (Former Employee) –  Mancelona, MIJanuary 28, 2016
Great company to work for in the Detroit area. This was the beginning of my career and was a good stepping stone. Room with in the company for advancement.
fun work atmosphere.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, TNJanuary 20, 2016
Typical day at this job was, inspecting, and starting up line. management was great, co-workers, wonderful. I enjoyed all aspects of this job.
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
The learning experience here was great
Value Stream Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MINovember 17, 2015
I truly will treasure learning about JIT, all phases of seat manufacturing and custmer sarisfaction. This a good place to work when i first started here.
Agood place to work.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNSeptember 2, 2015
If only I would have got to stay on day shift and got hired at Dura instead of being through a temp agency I would have stayed here til retiring age.
Nice place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MIApril 12, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Dura. They moved me around to all the different departments and kept me on my toes. They kept a pretty tight ship. There wasn't any job security though.
was a place to work,, but not Fun to show up every day
Senior Tech (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MIMarch 10, 2015
Just got to the point where management just did not care, (I felt) about their people,, just bottom dollar. For the most part, co workers where nice, and easy to get long with. and would help when theycould
Pros
pay check
Cons
no job security
Challenging workplace
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Fremont, MIJanuary 31, 2015
I have learned many new things like having control of a line and managing day to day paperwork for the line. Also having the ability to make sure that a certain level of production and quality is maintained.
Excellent work environment
Maintenance Manager/Staff (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MIJanuary 13, 2015
Had planned on retirement with this company. Automotive crunch early 2009, mass layoff including my support staff, and eventually position.
Great Company to work for with a strong workforce
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ILDecember 29, 2014
Typical day was planning meeting in the morning, manage your team based on SQDCM. Looking for opportunities for improvement was encouraged and accepted by upper management.
The company had a budget for continued learning for each employee which helped to build skills. Rotation to different areas in the plant was also common so knowledge of the operations was shared.
The hardest part of the job was the facility was located in a small town not near any major city.
The most enjoyable part of the job was it was a great atmosphere to develop managerial skills with a leadership team that was interested in building skills.
Pros
leadership team, great workforce
Cons
location
2nd and 3rd are the least stressed shifts there, but 1st has more overtime
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNDecember 9, 2014
I came in early to set up everything in my work station so when start time came, I was in full swing. I learned if you wait until start time to do all that, there isn't enough time for unforeseen events, like finishing required numbers in the face of downtime. K2XX co-workers were great. We worked together like one person, giving us all the satisfaction of a job well-done.

The hardest part of the job was switching to 1st shift. For me, that was a mistake. I discovered coming in at 2 and 4 a.m. didn't work for me nearly as well as 2nd shift. If I hadn't made that move, I'd still be there today.

A typical day at work required a combination of speed and accuracy. I always started early so when the start-of-shift buzzer sounded, I was already at full speed, making motors and welding electrodes. The 1st shift team had the same concept.
Pros
raises every 2 months, dinners on holidays and birthdays, everyone on a first name basis with plant manager
Cons
short breaks. no paid sick days. knives broke too easily - other supplies overall great.
It's a good place to work but not much chance of advancement.
Assembly Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Milan, TNNovember 16, 2014
Clock in, start work. Do my job to the best of my ability. How brake cables are made and the importance of quality work. We have an open door policy that works for everyone. If a situation arises, it is handle in a prompt and fair time frame. My immediate coworkers are knowledgeable of the task at hand and we work very well together. we're all versatile in the factory. There is nothing difficult about the job. As long as you follow the control plans, safety rules and produce quality products, it all runs smoothly. The camaraderie, between the employees, is magnificent.
Pros
monthly birthday lunches helping with the different school sales
Cons
low wages not enough hours or overtime
Productive and a fun place to work. Coworkers and management were great. Room for advancement.
Cell leader (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, MIAugust 25, 2014
As a cell leader for the two-cell assembly line, I would have to assemble a tire carrier from each cell and test them to make sure they were up to quality standard, I would make sure my workers had all the components needed to assemble the product. I would assign a starting spot for each employee and they would rotate every hour to reduce repetitive motion injuries. Fill out lot traceability and production reports. Test five parts from each cell twice a day to make sure they were within the quality standards set by customer. I would relieve workers for bathroom breaks when necessary. Listen to any concerns they may have and report things that were beyond my capabilities and/or responsibilities to the supervisor. The hardest part of the job was problem solving when parts were substandard due to substandard components. This was time consuming and stressful on my body due to the many tests I would have to perform to bring the product back into customer specifications. I learned how to use a torque and tension tester and dillion machine. The most enjoyable part of my workday was interacting with my workers. We always got along well and looked out for each other.
Pros
upper management took a great interest in the workers' needs, empowered me to make daily decisions in running the assembly line, good pay and compensation package.
Cons
closed their doors to relocate to another state.
Glad to not be there anymore
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Stockton, IlJune 22, 2014
Poor management made even simple tasks a complicated mess.
Stay away
Quality engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit miMarch 16, 2014
I worked there for several years before leaving recently. The company is in very bad shape. They are shedding employees. Everyone who works there is working long hours and morale is low. In the last year I was there probably the most stressful year of my life. I would not take a job there. This company may not be around much longer
Pros
pay check
Cons
environment
Strict Supervisors
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Gladwin, MIFebruary 13, 2014
Long hours.most coworkers were good people, hitting rate for the machines was hard.
Learning experience
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, MIDecember 17, 2013
Learned alot about automation and process when dealing as a Tier I supplier. Environment is somewhat laid back.
Good benefits and compensation
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  West Union, IADecember 1, 2013
Assembled RV component parts and Deck hinges for Ford Motor Co. I learned about quality control and how to maintain it. Management were helpful in assisting in the completion of assembled parts. The co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was the repetitive motion and having to stand the entire shift. The co-workers were fun to work with
Pros
the co-workers were nice.
Cons
the work was repetitive and hard on your body
team players
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOOctober 23, 2013
Loved working at Dura, everything about it people, work, even the management, they really cared. Loved working as a team. the hardest part of the job would have been the over time and working on Saturdays. the most enjoyable parts of the day would have to be all of us working together,loved it.
Pros
pay, benefits, team work
Cons
moved out of country
Fun and Productive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNAugust 29, 2013
I made park break cables for the Automotive Industries as well as Shifters for Chrysler.