Dura Automotive

Dura Automotive Employer Reviews

Glad to not be there anymore
Assembly (Former Employee), Stockton, IlJune 22, 2014
Poor management made even simple tasks a complicated mess.
Stay away
Quality engineer (Former Employee), Detroit miMarch 16, 2014
Pros: pay check
Cons: environment
I worked there for several years before leaving recently. The company is in very bad shape. They are shedding employees. Everyone who works there is working long hours and morale is low. In the last year I was there probably the most stressful year of my life. I would not take a job there. This company may not be around much longer
Strict Supervisors
Machine operator (Former Employee), Gladwin, MIFebruary 13, 2014
Long hours.most coworkers were good people, hitting rate for the machines was hard.
Learning experience
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Fremont, MIDecember 17, 2013
Learned alot about automation and process when dealing as a Tier I supplier. Environment is somewhat laid back.
Good benefits and compensation
Machine Operator (Former Employee), West Union, IADecember 1, 2013
Pros: the co-workers were nice.
Cons: the work was repetitive and hard on your body
Assembled RV component parts and Deck hinges for Ford Motor Co. I learned about quality control and how to maintain it. Management were helpful in assisting in the completion of assembled parts. The co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was the repetitive motion and having to stand the entire shift. The co-workers were fun to work – more... with – less
team players
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Hannibal, MOOctober 23, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, team work
Cons: moved out of country
Loved working at Dura, everything about it people, work, even the management, they really cared. Loved working as a team. the hardest part of the job would have been the over time and working on Saturdays. the most enjoyable parts of the day would have to be all of us working together,loved it.
Fun and Productive
Assembler (Former Employee), Milan, TNAugust 29, 2013
I made park break cables for the Automotive Industries as well as Shifters for Chrysler.
Very repetitive place to work but good co-workers.
Assembler (Former Employee), Stockton, ILAugust 14, 2013
Worked as a robotic welder. Check each part to make sure welds were good, and if they weren't I would have to grind them down and spot weld them. Made sure all the parts were in spec and functioned properly. Sorted out parts that were bad out of bins and put them seperate and make rejection tags of why they were bad. Assemblied parts on assembly lines. – more... Just the laying off and only being able to work 3 or 4 days sometime was a bit but did enjoy the overtime when they had it. – less
I had met really nice co-workers. The factory itself is unorganized due to the fact it's the automotive industry.
assebly line/ paint line (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMay 14, 2013
Pros: it was nice getting to know different people, it was meeting a second family because you worked 10 hours and, saw these people more than your family so, you had to get along some how.
Cons: this place would be a good place to work but, you don't know what is going to happen day to day due to the economy. it could be fine and, then sorry we got to lay you off again. i got permenatly laid-off so, i'm not too thrilled with this company. while others got their jobs back but, i didn't even get called back.
The jobs I had I did like. But, I had felt the management didn't know what they were doing. The situation with that that was probably because, it is the automotive industry and, one month there would be all types of production and, hours. The next month there would be hardly any then they would have to lay-off people.
Dead end job with little or no chance for advancement
Assembly (Current Employee), Stockton, ILApril 3, 2013
Pros: good wages and decent benefits.
Lack a managerial oversight leads to a horrible attitude among the workers. Everyone wants out asap.
Laborer (Former Employee), Fremont, MIMarch 22, 2013
Pros: the cafeteria was always clean and there was always a place to sit.
A typical day at work is fast pace. I learned how to put shifters together and run welder's. The management was good. My co-workers was nice people. The hardest part of the job was the Monte Carlo welder. The most enjoyable part of the job was you always have something to do when your machine breaks down there is always another one to go to.
Growing company with much upside.
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Stockton, ILFebruary 14, 2013
Fun place to work. Staff is well trained but laid back. Safety is a top concern.
Decent job, set hours,
Assembly (Former Employee), Hannibal, MOOctober 18, 2012
Pros: set shift/hours, decent job & people
Cons: no consideration or benefits for "life events" before 1 year, middle/upper management rarely available to floor employees.
Decent job, people, direct floor manager, and hours, no benefits or time off for "life events" before 1 year
All in all, a good place to work...
Senior End User Support Analyst II (Current Employee), Fremont, MIAugust 27, 2012
Pros: decent pay (meets market), somewhat challenging, very little micro-managing
Cons: tight fisted on moneis allocated for improved infrastructure
The dept I belong to, IT, is divide into two parts; infrastructure and applications. The company as a whole understands the need of the family and does a good job in providing time for that.
Productive workplace with unsteady work hours
Assembly Line Operator (Current Employee), Milan, TNJune 20, 2012
Pros: made friends
Cons: early work hours
A typical work day at Dura could begin between 4-6, depending on the work schedule. I learned how to read blueprints, properly check park brake cables and train others if needed. Having to be at work at 4am would be the hardest part of the job, along with having to stand on concrete from 9-11 hours/day.
Produced gear shift levers
Line Leader (Former Employee), Livonia MichiganMarch 12, 2012
Company as relocated, possibly closed its manufacturing ability
The interesting people made up for the type of work I did.
Operator A / line leader (Former Employee), Fremont, MIDecember 19, 2011
Pros: benefits
I had a very interesting time during the seven months I worked at Dura before leaving for college. The forklift operator, my supervisors, and other co-workers made my days there more enjoyable.
Educational and Productive.
Team Member / Health & Safety Representative (Former Employee), Stratford ONMay 7, 2014
I very much enjoyed working for this company but my employment was cut short when the plant closed and moved to Mexico.
fun workplace
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Castle bromwichMay 2, 2014
Pros: braketime
I have learn checking the parts and working with new machine.
Management not so good.
I have got good co workers.
What I learned
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Timisoara, TMMarch 27, 2013
What I learned? I learned how to work with my co-workers in the same project how to comunicate with other deparments, etc.