DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Rep./Trainer (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FloridaJanuary 3, 2017
Medical equipment sales wasn't my desired profession, however the company made up for that with various activities and interactive incentives to increase production, and our overall pay.
Pros
Decent pay at the time
Cons
Medical Sales
Productivity
Med Group Home Health Care (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIJuly 26, 2016
I am a very skillful and hard worker. I am at great multitasking and I complete my assignments on time and correctly the first time. I am a great person with a great personality, I bring life to the work place.
Fast paced medical equipment company
HME Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 16, 2016
A typical day consists of all front desk duties. Most importantly, taking care of all of our walk in patients:
Set ups and pickups (drop off or exchange).
Exchanging oxygen tanks: loading and unloading patient vehicles, logging lot numbers from filled oxygen tanks.
Intake: insurance verifications, authorizations, keying patient demographics, printing CMNs, and completing charts.
Setting up: wheelchairs/ transport chairs/ walkers/ rollators/ knee walkers/ crutches/ PAP supplies/ personal home equipment supplies.
Pros
working one on one with patients and their families
Cons
the loss of a patient
Great for single person with no other obligations because you can make your own schedule. Not for those with family or obiligations outside work.
Delivery/Sales Sub-Representative (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMarch 28, 2016
A typical day at work is spent mostly on the roads. The company does provide a company car, which is very nice. It isn't anything brand new, but they do use vehicles that look nice and they keep up on the maintenance. If something is wrong, they will get it fixed for you in a very timely manner.
I have learned that having a company car, company phone and the ability to make my own schedule is not "all it's cracked up to be". I am on-call 24/7 and because a car and phone are both provided, along with a gas card, I have no excuse to not be available whenever work beckons.
Everyone is usually pretty stressed out in this job. There is a big disconnect between the clinical/field staff and the staff at the home office. I find this to be true of most companies: The staff with their hands in the dirt and the staff behind the computer screen typically have very different opinions of priority and do not understand each other very well.
The hardest part of the job is really just getting everything done before you collapse. The day changes so much that there are times you just never can tell when you'll be home.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the patients. They are generally very kind and extremely happy to see me. They know I am there to help make them feel better, so they are typically very receptive to me.
Productive Work place
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Great place to learn medical billing and patient service. Management was respectful and polite. I wish they would have offered medical benefits.
Pros
friendly and approachable management
Cons
NO healthcare benefits
Very challeging work place
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 1, 2015
This company was number one on providing ventilators for cancer patient.They were very dependable on on time emergency calls.
Pros
Great Benefits
Hard Working Management
Director of Call Center and Central Intake (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 17, 2015
The workload was out of this world but the management team made it doable. Working culture is great, people made it worth coming to work every day.
the employees make this job fun and worth going in for
DME Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHJuly 27, 2015
We answer phone and assist customers in reordering their supplies, and distribute them to them as needed. Call Dr's offices to get correct diagnosis and verified what is needed and for how long. Take co-payments and record them for insurance purposes. Calling insurance companies to verify the insurance as well as see if they have met there deductible.
All my co-workers are great and love working with them. The hardest part of the job is when you can't supply them with what they need due to insurance not covering it or they just can't afford it.
Pros
Don't have to punch out for lunch when stay on premises
Cons
No recognition for work performed
Union before they merged to UHC
Utilization coordinator for the department (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2015
Unsion before it merged and became UHC I loved it, first time working for a medical insurance copy and Iearned alot

we had classes that were very impressive and they made sure that you understood your job
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
enjoy working with people
Coordiantor Branch operations (Former Employee) –  wests bloomfield, MIApril 18, 2015
patients hours do not match mine, would like to work earlier shifts and not weekends. I enjoy working with the public and would like to help people feel better about themselves.
Pros
good networking
Cons
poor hours

Want to know more about DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT?

Ask a question
I like the challenges of medical billing resolution
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 22, 2014
I have always enjoyed writing appeals. Especially when they were resolved for payment.
Excellent work enviorement
Services/sales (Current Employee) –  IRVINE, CAOctober 8, 2014
- Outstanding – place to work every day is a challenge.
- Company is family oriented
Very hard working individual
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 14, 2014
I would like a productive workplace. I would like management to be involved with the supervisors and managers. In regards to coworkers, I would like them to be positive while being thankful to even have a job. There is really no hard part of a job. It depends on how you organize yourself to complete a task. The enjoyable part of the job is completing a task in a timely manner.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Negative people people around you
Productive Environmenttttt
Advocate Home Health (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILMarch 28, 2014
Love the company. I learned a lot and I grew within the company. I was given the opportunity to learn a lot about Durable Medical Equipment. A typical day at work was busy. Plenty of patients to assist in person and on the phone.
Durable Medical Industry
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Nevada, CA, AZ,Western USJanuary 15, 2014
I was involved in the Medical Field since 1990 with direct employment by Invacare Corp.,Merit Health Products, and direct business consulting with other companies by way of contracts.
I worked with all my clients with professional approach to grow and maintain positive growth of sales and marketing.
I traveled 60% of the time out of state.
Pros
Great personal satisfaction helping clients to abtain a better quality of life
Cons
Extensive travel schedule
DME Specialists
DME (Current Employee) –  Frederick,MDJanuary 14, 2014
Distribute medical equipment to patients, order new products, verify insurance, have complete knowledge of each item.
Best job ever
Case/Claims Coordinator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CASeptember 3, 2013
Extremely busy day. Enjoyed managing staff. I Learned that I'm a very effective and efficient Team Leader and I work well within strict time constraints.
Pros
Quarterly Bonuses
Cons
Laid - Off
ok
Various Temp Positions (Former Employee) –  Coral SpringsOctober 22, 2012
Fun environment, some incentives and benefits, pay not consistant.
Dme
Hart Rehab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MichiganJune 20, 2012
Working Durable Medical Equipment was an easy paced job without much training. After learning how to repair equipment, document paperwork, sell products, deal with hospitals, and clean and maintain products, the job became quite repetitive and boring.

The location in which I worked was nice, although it became too boring for my personal taste and it felt like I wasn't making much of a difference in my line of work. There was a limited pay ceiling.

The pros to this job would have been a somewhat freedom of a typical desk job while dictating your own routes when things got done. The pay was reasonable but little to no benefits, nothing to support a family on (20kish) and at times, there was a lot of customer service nonsense.

The mom & pop environment was nice; my supervisor was reasonable and to me, a wise human being. I'd recommend this job for anyone who likes to deal with Geriatrics, light physical labor, driving, and dealing with the elements.