Durango Mountain Resort

Durango Mountain Resort Employee Reviews

An overall nice place to work
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Durango, COJune 10, 2015
Pros: Free items, extensive HR promotions and activities
Cons: Lack of management
The workplace was surrounded by very beautiful scenery so that was nice. A normal day was spent either doing service in one of the outlets or production in the banquet kitchen. The hardest part of the job was the corporate structure and lack of communication. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to create a fun atmosphere for our guests. Our co-workers tried as often as possible to lend a hand, which was nice since our management team was so lacking.
Family Friendly Resort
Community Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Durango, COMay 6, 2015
Working in at Purgatory Resort is an excellent opportunity. The employees that Purgatory supports are high quality and great to work with.
Great Company to work for
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Durango, COJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: holiday hours, lots of double shifts
First company that I felt actually took care of there employeees
the setting
House Man (Former Employee), Durango, CONovember 15, 2014
Pros: everything
Loved going to this everyone was like one big family. One of the best job ever!
Rewarding work in a vacation setting
Driver (Former Employee), Durango, COJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: not much supervision, trusted to get the job done.
Cons: tough to drive with a family at night in a blizzard.
I volunteered for the early driving shifts, usually getting out of bed at 2:00 a.m., getting the vehicle ready and picking up passengers for 90 minute trip to the airport, often driving in raging blizzards. Learned a lot about road safety and driving in hazardous driving conditions. Great manager, who just trusted us to get to where we were supposed to be on time. Co-workers were fine, but we mainly worked on our own. Hardest part was stress of driving in extreme conditions. Most enjoyable part was guest compliments for getting families to their destination safely. Served on resort Safety Committee.
Rewarding work in a vacation setting
Driver (Former Employee), Durango, COJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: not much supervision, trusted to get the job done.
Cons: tough to drive with a family at night in a blizzard.
fun work place
Resort Operator/ Administrative Assistant to CEO (Former Employee), Durango, COOctober 12, 2012
i would open the doors, turn on the phones, enter in data with season passes. i was the resort operator so answering phones constantly, taking care of clients who walked in, making portfolios. then close cash regisiter an lock doors and go home.

About Durango Mountain Resort

Durango Mountain Resort has been providing winter fun to our guests since 1965. While ski area operations are our primary business, – Read more