Durango Mountain Resort Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of benefits.
Homeowner's Accountant/Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJune 28, 2015
Started in the Lifts ticket sales. Then moved into the accounting dept. as an Auditor for all sales receipts at the 2 resorts. Ultimately I worked as the Homeowner's Accountant my last 11 months.

This position initialed doing all aspects of the book work for the privately owned condos and homes that were in the rental program. So from doing monthly statements to annual tax reports.
Pros
Great benefits, meeting new people
Cons
It was some what hard to rely on having the position due to the nature of the busines.
An overall nice place to work
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJune 10, 2015
The workplace was surrounded by very beautiful scenery so that was nice. A normal day was spent either doing service in one of the outlets or production in the banquet kitchen. The hardest part of the job was the corporate structure and lack of communication. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to create a fun atmosphere for our guests. Our co-workers tried as often as possible to lend a hand, which was nice since our management team was so lacking.
Pros
Free items, extensive HR promotions and activities
Cons
Lack of management
Family Friendly Resort
Community Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durango, COMay 6, 2015
Working in at Purgatory Resort is an excellent opportunity. The employees that Purgatory supports are high quality and great to work with.
Great Company to work for
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJanuary 7, 2015
First company that I felt actually took care of there employeees
Pros
free lunch
Cons
holiday hours, lots of double shifts
the setting
House Man (Former Employee) –  Durango, CONovember 15, 2014
Loved going to this everyone was like one big family. One of the best job ever!
Pros
everything
Rewarding work in a vacation setting
Driver (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJanuary 25, 2013
I volunteered for the early driving shifts, usually getting out of bed at 2:00 a.m., getting the vehicle ready and picking up passengers for 90 minute trip to the airport, often driving in raging blizzards. Learned a lot about road safety and driving in hazardous driving conditions. Great manager, who just trusted us to get to where we were supposed to be on time. Co-workers were fine, but we mainly worked on our own. Hardest part was stress of driving in extreme conditions. Most enjoyable part was guest compliments for getting families to their destination safely. Served on resort Safety Committee.
Pros
not much supervision, trusted to get the job done.
Cons
tough to drive with a family at night in a blizzard.
Rewarding work in a vacation setting
Driver (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJanuary 25, 2013
Pros
not much supervision, trusted to get the job done.
Cons
tough to drive with a family at night in a blizzard.
fun work place
Resort Operator/ Administrative Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Durango, COOctober 12, 2012
i would open the doors, turn on the phones, enter in data with season passes. i was the resort operator so answering phones constantly, taking care of clients who walked in, making portfolios. then close cash regisiter an lock doors and go home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Durango Mountain Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3