Durham Co-Op Market Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great networking opportunities
Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 29, 2017
Durham Co-op Market has allowed me to learn more about the westend, a neighborhood that I have resided in for many years. We have frequent customers that live/work in the area. Vendors are very nice and welcome staff sometimes visit & sample their products. There are always opportunities for staff to advance within the store and/or acquire skills that will lead them to better opportunities with other companies. As in most retail, sometimes customer traffic and relations are unpredictable but it is good to know that especially at a time like this in our nation that people of all walks of life can come together for the common good.
Pros
flexibility in scheduling--I am not a Mon-Fri 9-5 type of person
Cons
needing to be available nights and weekends/holidays
Community baed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Durham, COMay 4, 2017
NIce Place to work. Also you learn other grocery items never heard of. A very small store with a lot of knowledge and people inside to teach you about different products,
Demanding position with a diverse staff.
Produce & Meat Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, COSeptember 24, 2016
Grocery store retail management is demanding work. That is true here. The staff and clientele make it a more positive experience than you would have at the larger chains. The local focus is rewarding, too.
Communication
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 26, 2015
Great front end team; easy to train and execute skills learned. Horrible upper management lack of communication with entire staff.
Pros
Great staff discount
Cons
Lack of Communication