DURHAM SCHOOL Employee Reviews

Good part time job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIJanuary 22, 2016
This company is a good place to work if you have small children. You are able to take them to work with you and if they are in school they will get transportation to their school. It is nice for the homemaker because they will be off work when the children are out of school which is a HUGE benefit for some parents. The people are real nice and they try to work with you if at all possible.
Pros
Great for parents that need to be with their children
Cons
Not many hours so don't count on a lot of pay
Transportation and Safety
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MiJanuary 12, 2016
Great place to work and you can adjust your work schedule around your appointments. Durham School Services offer paid vacations, paid time off work, good quality training,and you can always move up in the company.
Exciting place to work
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 7, 2016
Working at Durham School Services was an enjoyable experience. I loved my co workers and the extensive training. The most enjoyable part about working there is that the staff in the corporate office was always willing to help.
Helpful company that will work with you to make sure you succeed in being a safe driver and help you get your cdl class B.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 1, 2016
Great place for part time work, not many options for the hours i would like. Friendly environment, and great staff. Family friendly company and will allow you to have your children ride along with you if needed.
working with children
bus monitor (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIDecember 23, 2015
enjoyed my kids and had a great relationship with them, along with the parents and bus driver. the kids got a little loud and out of hands at times, but we worked together on keeping inside voices on the ride home.
Pros
being able to work with the kids
Cons
the cold winter days
This was good place to work if you want to learn how to drive a schoolbud
driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2015
Durham has its good and bad things just like any other job.This is a good part time job.you learn how to drive in philadelphia
Exciting and different
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER (Former Employee) –  NAVARRE, FLJune 30, 2015
Loved taking my students to and from school safely. I really enjoyed driving a school bus. The company and the people I worked with were very great people.
Getting students to school safely and on time.
Driver (Current Employee) –  San BernardinoJune 8, 2015
The reward of seeing a child smile, and hearing all the kids sing their favorite song at the moment, while picking them up from home and school. I learned you need to be very patient especially with special needs and how to manage a situation when the student is having a bad day. Always be positive, and have a smile on your face no matter what you are going through, don't want a child to see you unhappy it would throw off their happy vibe and you might make them feel worse if they are not having a good day. My co-workers are very down to earth, and I enjoy how professional my job is, and always trying to do fundraisers and help people that are in need.
Communication
School Bus Attendant (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 4, 2015
Needs more communication with everyone the other part is that they need to work as a team when drivers need help dispatch should not put off the drivers when they need helps something but overall great company.
My experience at Durham School Services
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CaApril 24, 2015
Being an employee at Durham has been a fun experience. I enjoy working with many different types of personalities and learned a lot from encountering children who all came from different backgrounds. This job taught me to be more patient and understanding. It taught me how to handle many uncomfortable situations, and to do it with a good, positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of this job to me was being able to make my students look forward for the ride to school, which can be the worst part of the day for some of them. I also benefited when i was able to help a student through something they were struggling with, sometimes just being there to listen to what they had to say is very appreciated by them. The hardest part of the job was having parents who were unhappy with something that may have happened on the bus or at school when it was completely out of my control.I just do the best i can to deal with whatever they may need with the best attitude i can have and staying professional no matter how frustrating the situation may be.
For the most part, I enjoyed the majority of the people i worked with. There will always be someone the workplace that you may not agree with however, keeping a professional demeanor is important.
Management was great at Durham. They showed appreciation of their employees and gave praise when and where it was needed.
Overall, working here was a very positive experience for me.
Loved working with the children
Aid / monitor (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLMarch 10, 2015
I was a long term employee with Durham. I loved working there and with the children and parents. I was able to do what I loved and take care of my family. I was able to do a morning run and an afternoon run and have time to do stuff between.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
n/a
transporting of children
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 1, 2014
to have experience with different personalities, and understanding needs of others.
fast pace and safe work place
School bus driver (Current Employee) –  san bernardino caOctober 14, 2014
pre-trip and post trip a school bus pick up and take students to and from school
Pros
excellent work
Cons
not enough work hours
I love working with the special needs kids and I love being out driving a bus as well.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Dundee, ILOctober 9, 2014
It is a challenging and fun place to work. It is fun and exciting to be outside driving around and dealing with the weather, traffic and students on a daily basis. I especially enjoy working with the special needs students since my son is special needs also.

Most co-workers are great and I enjoy working as a team with my aide. The hardest part of the job is the bickering and complaining by some employees but try to avoid it.
Pros
out driving, working with special needs kids
Cons
lack of hours and pay
terrible
Trainer/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 24, 2014
bad management terrible office staff poor choices the turnover rate is extremely high it was like a revolving door I m glad I left
Fun and exciting bus company
To help and assists kids with safety needs (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, ksFebruary 27, 2014
Its a good bus company and its basicalliy a job that helps kids get to school on time and in a safe manner.
Pros
field trips
Cons
have to maintain a good work ethic
experience driving a variety of buses
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 19, 2014
Complete a pre and post trip inspection of the bus
Pick up and drop off students
Received training in helping autistic children
Gained experience driving a variety of buses
pleasant staff and co workers
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJanuary 28, 2014
i enjoy driving kids to school and home. i feel good getting the students to school and home safely. the students enjoy having me drive them
Pros
great work environment
Cons
only part time and no health benefits
Fun Place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2013
Wonderful co-workers it was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
hard to advance
Productive work place.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 30, 2013
Productive work place, provided great training, and had a great loving group of kids!
Pros
great hands on weekly training for driving skills impovment.
Cons
layoffs.