DURHAM SCHOOL Employee Reviews in United States

One of the biggest bus companies around
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 9, 2016
This is a great company to work for just not very much room for expanding. You become a driver you stay a driver. They work with their employees though and provide a safe and fun environment for all employees and people that we transport.
Productive and fun workplace
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 12, 2016
Fun interactive day at work with students and bus driver on a daily basis. Managing the students to and from their destinations. Keeping the students maintained in their seats while the bus is rolling. Also keeping students happy.
Pros
Students happy
Cons
Discipline students
Great Environment
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2016
Durham school services is a great place to work. They provide the necessary skills training to become a great coach operator.
Pros
the work schedule especially if you have school aged children
Cons
The Breaks during the school year. i.e. winter, spring, summer, fall breaks and unable to collect unemployment
good place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Grayslake, ILApril 9, 2016
good place to work i just need more hours great staff and work ethics
works well with my scheduled and if i had a problem they try to fix it right away
clean buses and break room
bus aide (Former Employee) –  st louis moApril 9, 2016
learned how to train and and operate medical eguipment needed to take care of special needs children. ride with driver and help with backing up and whatching kids. love the job and working with disabaled students.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
not enough hours
The most enjoyable part of the job?
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSApril 8, 2016
The kids our the most enjoyable part of the job. I love the k-6 children and the singing from the kids. The kids also tell us about their day.
Pros
Taking our buses home.
Cons
Healthcare.
I have nothing good day about NEC
cover driver, dispatch, payroll data entry (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 3, 2016
I cannot say anything nice about National Express - so I have nothing to say, The staff in Livermore is great, however, we are not treated fairly by Hayward - and are not given newer equipment or even have buses replaced that Corporate will not pay to repair. We are left to fend for ourselves.
A good company to work for
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 28, 2016
Great for single person or person with older children that are capapble of getting off to school safely.
Company does allow children to ride bus with parent to go to school
Family attitude company
Pros
Children are allowed to ride bus with parent
Cons
no benefits available
Loved working with Special Needs children
School Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 16, 2016
It was nice, but wanted to more for myself. I am Certified in Microsoft Office and would like employment in that area.The work environment was nice for the most part, but there was no Unity with the staff and employees.
good hours
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 9, 2016
I loved the hours and pay. Management I had no problems with training was easy and they gave you your CDL. The co workers are messy
good place to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTFebruary 29, 2016
Its a good place to work the hours are good some of the kids are great. The roads are not good and in the winter its the hardest
Horrible work place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAFebruary 22, 2016
No support zero training. Understaffed and offered zero support to accomplish the contracts requirements. I do not suggest anyone that want a balance of quality of life work balance go to work for them.
1990-1999 Was a great company to work for
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 21, 2016
After company was sold to National Express, employees no longer had good benefits and pay increases were far and few between. National Express doesn't care about it's employees. Larry Durham did!
Kid friendly environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Grayslake, ILFebruary 4, 2016
wonderful to see the bright young faces of our future each and everyday TWICE. being with this company afforded me to be a mother and provider to my family while we were all flourishing together in the good and bad times of our lives. i have enjoyed meeting new people who also share the professionalism and enjoyment of driving and being around kids, parents and schools
Pros
could bring own children with, free time during day and evenings
Cons
children who do not follow the rules, impatient drivers, hard to advance
Good part time job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIJanuary 22, 2016
This company is a good place to work if you have small children. You are able to take them to work with you and if they are in school they will get transportation to their school. It is nice for the homemaker because they will be off work when the children are out of school which is a HUGE benefit for some parents. The people are real nice and they try to work with you if at all possible.
Pros
Great for parents that need to be with their children
Cons
Not many hours so don't count on a lot of pay
Transportation and Safety
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MiJanuary 12, 2016
Great place to work and you can adjust your work schedule around your appointments. Durham School Services offer paid vacations, paid time off work, good quality training,and you can always move up in the company.
Exciting place to work
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 7, 2016
Working at Durham School Services was an enjoyable experience. I loved my co workers and the extensive training. The most enjoyable part about working there is that the staff in the corporate office was always willing to help.
Helpful company that will work with you to make sure you succeed in being a safe driver and help you get your cdl class B.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 1, 2016
Great place for part time work, not many options for the hours i would like. Friendly environment, and great staff. Family friendly company and will allow you to have your children ride along with you if needed.
working with children
bus monitor (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIDecember 23, 2015
enjoyed my kids and had a great relationship with them, along with the parents and bus driver. the kids got a little loud and out of hands at times, but we worked together on keeping inside voices on the ride home.
Pros
being able to work with the kids
Cons
the cold winter days
This was good place to work if you want to learn how to drive a schoolbud
driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2015
Durham has its good and bad things just like any other job.This is a good part time job.you learn how to drive in philadelphia