DURHAM SCHOOL Employee Reviews

Getting students to school safely and on time.
Driver (Current Employee), San BernardinoJune 8, 2015
The reward of seeing a child smile, and hearing all the kids sing their favorite song at the moment, while picking them up from home and school. I learned you need to be very patient especially with special needs and how to manage a situation when the student is having a bad day. Always be positive, and have a smile on your face no matter what you are going through, don't want a child to see you unhappy it would throw off their happy vibe and you might make them feel worse if they are not having a good day. My co-workers are very down to earth, and I enjoy how professional my job is, and always trying to do fundraisers and help people that are in need.
Communication
School Bus Attendant (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 4, 2015
Needs more communication with everyone the other part is that they need to work as a team when drivers need help dispatch should not put off the drivers when they need helps something but overall great company.
My experience at Durham School Services
Bus Driver (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CaApril 24, 2015
Being an employee at Durham has been a fun experience. I enjoy working with many different types of personalities and learned a lot from encountering children who all came from different backgrounds. This job taught me to be more patient and understanding. It taught me how to handle many uncomfortable situations, and to do it with a good, positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of this job to me – more... was being able to make my students look forward for the ride to school, which can be the worst part of the day for some of them. I also benefited when i was able to help a student through something they were struggling with, sometimes just being there to listen to what they had to say is very appreciated by them. The hardest part of the job was having parents who were unhappy with something that may have happened on the bus or at school when it was completely out of my control.I just do the best i can to deal with whatever they may need with the best attitude i can have and staying professional no matter how frustrating the situation may be.
For the most part, I enjoyed the majority of the people i worked with. There will always be someone the workplace that you may not agree with however, keeping a professional demeanor is important.
Management was great at Durham. They showed appreciation of their employees and gave praise when and where it was needed.
Overall, working here was a very positive experience for me. – less
Loved working with the children
Aid / monitor (Former Employee), Milton, FLMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great schedule
Cons: n/a
I was a long term employee with Durham. I loved working there and with the children and parents. I was able to do what I loved and take care of my family. I was able to do a morning run and an afternoon run and have time to do stuff between.
transporting of children
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 1, 2014
to have experience with different personalities, and understanding needs of others.
fast pace and safe work place
School bus driver (Current Employee), san bernardino caOctober 14, 2014
Pros: excellent work
Cons: not enough work hours
pre-trip and post trip a school bus pick up and take students to and from school
I love working with the special needs kids and I love being out driving a bus as well.
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Dundee, ILOctober 9, 2014
Pros: out driving, working with special needs kids
Cons: lack of hours and pay
It is a challenging and fun place to work. It is fun and exciting to be outside driving around and dealing with the weather, traffic and students on a daily basis. I especially enjoy working with the special needs students since my son is special needs also.

Most co-workers are great and I enjoy working as a team with my aide. The hardest part of the job is the bickering and complaining by some employees but try to avoid it.
terrible
Trainer/Safety Officer (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 24, 2014
bad management terrible office staff poor choices the turnover rate is extremely high it was like a revolving door I m glad I left
Fun and exciting bus company
To help and assists kids with safety needs (Current Employee), Overland Park, ksFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: field trips
Cons: have to maintain a good work ethic
Its a good bus company and its basicalliy a job that helps kids get to school on time and in a safe manner.
experience driving a variety of buses
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Aurora, ILFebruary 19, 2014
Complete a pre and post trip inspection of the bus
Pick up and drop off students
Received training in helping autistic children
Gained experience driving a variety of buses
pleasant staff and co workers
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: only part time and no health benefits
i enjoy driving kids to school and home. i feel good getting the students to school and home safely. the students enjoy having me drive them
Fun Place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: hard to advance
Wonderful co-workers it was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Productive work place.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: great hands on weekly training for driving skills impovment.
Cons: layoffs.
Productive work place, provided great training, and had a great loving group of kids!
No training, no success
Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee), Burnsville, MNJune 13, 2013
Pros: interaction with the driver staff
Cons: lack of training, lack of breaks
I was promoted to the Lead Dispatcher position in November, 2012 and was offered no training which was necessary for me to succeed at the position.
Fast paced, multi faceted transportation industry
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMay 22, 2013
Pros: allowed time off for appointments; felxible hours
Cons: non competitive wages for employees
I have learned so much while working at A & E Transport / Durham School Services. I have enhanced my skills on a daily basis and have learned how to multi task and be ready for whatever comes my way. Co-workers have seen that I can accomplish much and know they can ask me for assitance to get any task completed. I am always willing to go above the expectations to complete a job well.
My favorite part of working at Durham is the occassional break from the office to transport the kids to/from school.
Great fellow emploees
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Carson, CAMay 13, 2013
Pros: great students
Cons: low pay
Drove School Bus for Special needs Students
Company was not great taking care of it's employees.
fun work place
bus driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2013
Pros: weekley lunches
Cons: company got bought out
start 6:00 am picking up kids taking to school,i learned that not all kids are alike,if we have problems on the bus my co-workers would always be there to help each other out
Overall, it is okay for a retiree and/or part-timer
School bus driver (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FlFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: well known and respected, healthy coworker environment
Cons: no advancement opportunity, too much off time (summer, holidays, ect)
I am back-up driver for routes that not covered to to driver absence. The toughest part of the job is that it is a safety sensitive job that requires good management skills with all grade school aged children and as well capable of navigating through a tough roadway environment. Coworker relations are great and I am well known and respected by both drivers and upper management.
very fast paced
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Lakewood, NJOctober 8, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: very few holidays off
typical day is 10to 12 hrs long,The hardest part of the job was keeping the fleet up to saftey standardsfor there daily runs
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2012
Pros: very proffessional
Cons: good healthcare 41k
IT WAS A GOOD COMPANY CARE FOR THE EMPLOYES GOOD MANAGEMENT THEY LOST THE CONTACT