Durham Staffing Employee Reviews

life changing
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  buffalo, New YorkJune 16, 2015
I worked in the downtown and while the office was always busy and some times overwhelming my boss was able to teach me things that i can now take with me to my other jobs.I learned to be a leader and take incentive. while co workers came and gone you learner that this is not a job for the weak. Anyone with ambition and loves taking on challenges would be perfect for the job.
Pros
experience, appreciated, raises
Cons
very busy
Different Jobs.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 3, 2016
It was temp work. So you was with and without work, but it was a income. i learn a lot of things working with this company. i have a lot of experience working with this company in warehouses.
Cons
Temp jobs.
The worst company ever!!
Medical Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs/Atlanta GaJanuary 4, 2013
Durham Staffing is owned by PaymentsMD/ApolloMD. It is strictly a military type of enviornment where corporate sees no color. They have a huge turn-over rate with hiring and firing employers because they can't keep anyone. The company is very unorganized. From the staffing recruiter to management is a hot mess!!! They give no raises and yearly bonuses are set up to where it's unreachable. Working for this company is like a mouse on an exercise wheel.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything about this company!!
I liked woking for them.
General Assembly wokrer (Former Employee) –  255 Delaware Ave Buffalo Ny, 14202February 5, 2016
The jobs were interesting and fun .Also sometimes easy. I learned a lot about the job .And everyone was helpful and always willing to help.
Pros
The loctions were close to get to.
poor management
Industrial Housekeeper / Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 25, 2014
the management at durham staffing was very poor. they loose track of hours worked. the lack of safety equipment was troublesome at times. thankfully the customer company looked after its contractors in terms of safety and safety supplies.
Pros
the placement to covanta
Cons
management staff, lack of safety culture
Fun place to work.
General Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 5, 2015
Company is supportive, finds employees a job fast, and overall can be labeled an excellent company to work for, also is easy-going.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Little pay
Great Co-workers
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 18, 2012
A typical day working at Compumail through Durham Staffing was arrive to work, find out what job(s) was going to be running on the Pitney Bowes machine for the day, setup the machine with the proper envolopes and letterhead, stand at the end of the machine in my position to catch the letters as they came off of the machine, fan through the letters to make sure that the delivery address was visible in the envolope window, also fan through the letters to find out the break points for each mailing box, put the mailing boxes into sleeves so they weren't damaged while shipping, wrap the pallets of mail with plastic wrap and send to shipping and recieving. I learned how to run a complex mailing machine, a labeler and a automatic stamper. The management of this company were organized and knew how to treat their workers. My co-workers were also great people to work with, everyone had a positive attitude and looked forward to coming to work. The hardest part of this job was learning how to run the mailing machine. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people that I got the chance to work with.
Pros
great co-workers, management, free lunches and learning opportunities
Cons
n/a
Great Temp Service!
Administrative, Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 30, 2012
They were wonderful and were able to find me a job almost immediately after filling out my application. They helped me with putting my resume together and interviewing process. I have been with the company that I applied for through them, (Sandvik Heating Technology), for over a year now! I have been able to increase my inside sales and administration skills because of this!
Pros
great with preparing you for career fields.
Cons
only temporary work available.
warehousing
Warehousing/Production (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 6, 2015
an ok attitude with trying to help you get a job in the same field that you would work. Employees are ok with attitudes and handling with trying to find you a job.
Avoid the delaware branch
Temp (Former Employee) –  buffalo, nyDecember 29, 2014
I don't know about the rest of the company, but I would avoid working at the Delaware branch if my life depended on it. If you do, be prepared to be taken advantage of in a way you've never seen before. Need employment verification for anything besides unemployment? Sucks for you, unemployment is the only one they HAVE to answer so it's the only one they will. Family member died and you need to go to the funeral? Hope you weren't planning on it, because the branch manager will tell you that you need to show up because you took a sick day a week ago. It's the same thing if you work in the office, you can expect to work every day for no pay. Be on call on the weekends and at nights, again for no pay. It was by far one of the worst experiences of my life, working with this company, and it all boils down to the branch manager. Manipulative, mean, inappropriate, unprofessional, you name it. She shouldn't be in charge of a toothpick, let alone the entire branch of a staffing company. She ALONE is the reason I and many other people quit that place and never looked back, she will ruin your day every day until you rid yourself of that company.
Manufaturing
general labor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 1, 2015
Light duty run a machine take bags off and pack. lift boxes to pallet. co-workers very nice
the hardest part of the job was heavy lifting.
Pros
found postion fast
Cons
did not follow my dr. orders to help find a job, When explained to them I could not do the job they sent me to Their reaction was unusual
nursing home
Temp. Work (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 25, 2014
assembly/ productions seasonal temp. standing would have to be the hardest part of the job in one position for 8hrs. co-workers are friendly and hard working. management can vary.
Pros
workig with residents
Cons
short breaks, short staff
Duham Staffing
Payment MD (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 21, 2014
The co-workers are the enlightenment of our day. No issues with the staffing agency.
Pros
ins benefits included why you are under employment with them.
A printing company that Made folders, envelopes, and small books.
Machine Operator/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYJune 11, 2013
I would check with my supervisor to see which line or machine I was working on and preform whatever tasks were required. I received my first experiences with shipping and receiving here. My supervisor was always willing to teach me new aspects of the job when I asked. My coworkers were a very diversified group, of all ages and backgrounds. The hardest part of the job was working the cutter. the most enjoyable part of the job was learning the different types of machinery.
Pros
a clean friendly environment.
Cons
this was a temporary position.
sad environment
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 21, 2015
a typical day at work is very tuff. i have learned nothing from this job.
the mangers did little managing. the co-workers had very bad attitudes. the hardest part of the job was being there.
Staffing agency that gave no notice that assignment was about to end and made no effort to find another assignment for me.
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2012
This company did not give any type of notice that my assignment was ending and did nothing to try to place me into another assignment. They told me to discontinue calling them, that they would contact me if anything became available. Then, they denied me unemployment because I did not call them.
Meh, they get me work.....
Temporary Positions (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Factory work....? What's there to say...? Not enough pay, too loud and noisy, they want too much perfection and work done too quickly and when it isn't picked up right away it's berated. They don't explain their productivity ratings though expect them to be high.

This may or may not just be me.

Glad to have a job....
productive and fun work place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 8, 2013
a typical day at durham staffing wasn't predictable. I was packaging, labeling and shipping materials that were being sent out to stores. ive learned how things work in the warhouse and how to ship something off. my managers all were very nice and had a great sense of humor. the hardest part of the job was the lifting and the enjoyable part was that the co workers made the job a lot easier.
Pros
fun, productive, great pay
Cons
heavy lifting
Fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2014
I was highly skilled in moving product in and out of the warehouse and loading and unloading route trucks and semi-trailers – physically or with help of forklift or pallet jack. I have a demonstrated ability to store stock in the proper area according to established sequences and procedures. Besides, I am able to document all material transfers, shipments and movements into a manual register and computer system.
Small office downtown Buffalo
Office Assistant and Payroll Department (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 26, 2013
A very diverse base of candidates on a daily basis, all looking for work in the Buffalo area. We would review their profile and if they seemed like a good fit, we would place them in the appropriate job. We did drug tests along with written tests in the office. I was responsible for getting the time sheets handed in, entered, and the employees paychecks.

2.8