DURHAM TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 12, 2018
My day typically involved curriculum development of the LPN-ADN transition program with classroom instruction.I was responsible for monitoring precepting students at clinical rotations. In my previous job at Durham Tech I was responsible for clinical placement and hiring adjunct faculty. This is a great job.
What I learned
Front Desk Associate - Work Study (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 10, 2018
I have been a work study at Durham Tech since August 2016 and I am really glad that I had the opportunity to work the front desk in Admissions and Advising. The process that students have to go through to be a student at Durham Tech can be very complex for some new students and my job is to make it an easy process for all students that I come in contact with. No matter how rude the student or potential student is to me I must remain professional in how I handle them. Very thankful for the people that I work with, because anyone of them will answer any question that I have whether it is work related or something with one of my classes.
Education
Volunteer Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 18, 2017
Durham Technical Community College is a great place to get an education. From obtaining your GED to continuing education for a second career. Teachers work in the industry the teach.
DTCC review
Full-time student (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 29, 2017
It was relaxed working and learning environment. The workplace is multi-cultural. Learned many new things towards my degree. Management did well with staff.
n/a
Student Information & Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 3, 2017
The best place I have ever worked. The most enjoyable part was the interaction with the students and handling files and preparing files for graduation.
Durham Technical Institute
Student Advisor and Recruiter, Processed (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 3, 2017
I received and processed applications for admissions into curriculum programs. Served as Student Advisor and Recruiter, Processed in-house and mail-out registration including drop-add forms, set up display booths at area shopping malls for recruitment, certified eligibility for graduation, posted grades to transcripts, and determined eligibility for financial aid assistance.
Great atmosphere
Criminal Justice/Corporate Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 16, 2017
Excellent place to work!!! Right in the heart of RTP!!!! An educational institution on the climb! Great atmosphere, great people, and great students! Endless opportunities!
Pros
Faculty
Proactively Helping Others Succeed in School
Financial Aid Advising Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 14, 2017
Learning financial aid requirements and nuances through governmental regulation.
Extremely insightful.
Great deal of retention necessary.
Somewhat repetitive data entry and monitoring.
Good staff to work with.
Like visiting the United Nations
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 5, 2017
Durham Tech is a wonderful place. I had students who got off a plane at Raleigh Durham Airport and drove straight to the school to register.

Community colleges are a great place for students to learn skills that will count in the job world.
Pros
central location
Cons
can't think of any
professional place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 26, 2017
very professional and clean and productive work
opportunities to expand and learn a lot including the rewarding feeling of helping others
I'm @ my best when helping others and making life better
SERVER/ HOSTESS - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 18, 2017
All days @ work are good from beginning to end thankful for work I've learned I'm an exception to most people's work ethics because i'm competitive I've learned I can do most anything I set my mind to do I've learned to appreciate the good with the bad and my favorite part of any job is to help or make someone happy
Productive workplace for students
Library ID Monitor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 12, 2016
I was able to get a lot of work done in the library. This job allows students to study and get lots of homework done. Also, a pretty easy job with just a few hard to deal with students.
Durham Tech is the best
Adjunct ABE Instructor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 11, 2016
I absolutely love working for Durham Tech. I teach in the morning and the evening. Everyone there is serious and committed to the students, and the teaching-learning community. The collegiate community is committed to continuous improvement, and support and resources are always available to help employees reach for their goals. My supervisors are wonderful. They inspire employees to strive to do their best, and when employees make mistakes, which sometimes happens in the course of human life, supervisors and managers always provide opportunities for the employee to correct and remediate their errors. The most enjoyable part of the job is relating to students, and being rewarded by student progress.
Pros
commitment to education
Cons
adjuncts may not work more that 16 hours a week
PC technician round table
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 17, 2016
-coffee, rounds, updates, support calls
-new imaging technologies abound
-upgrades and specific software challenging
-great co-workers!
-working with faculty and staff fulfilling
Pros
routine, stability, not difficult
Cons
no growth, low pay, constant plan changes
Great starting point
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 21, 2016
Great starting point for student that want the experience in a office setting. Can get slow at times and you have to find things to do around the office to stay busy but mostly just sit at the front desk
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun place to learn and work
I.T. Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 2, 2016
As a work-study I had great fun working here. The office was so relaxed most of the time, the work was super easy ( that being said I have been working with computers all my life so I didn't have to learn the basics), hours were flexible, management was very understanding, you would learned many skills that one would use in the tech world, and there was free food sometimes.
Pros
Free food, great learning, good people
productive place to work
instructor (Current Employee) –  NCNovember 30, 2015
DTCC is a great place to work I have been there for 14 years and want to continue for a few more. Students are very willing to work
Pros
great environment
Work with different cultures
Front Desk Staff (Current Employee) –  Durham NCSeptember 3, 2015
Work place is very family oriented. We are a good team player. Everyone supports each other when having difficulties. We work with different cultures. We help as much as we can and meet our requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we meet different people everyday.
Durham Tech Community College
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 28, 2015
Life is what you make it at Durham Technical Community College. This community college boasts a private institution feels, and is similar to cheers; everyone knows your name. there are opportunities for students to join the staff, but depending on the department you join, there may not be any room for advancement.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No room for growth
Review
Student Information and Records (PT) (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Great place to work if you can deal multiple personalities. The Director of the department is great and very helpful. Others can be a hit or miss but I really love the flexibility and my hours are great.
Pros
great flexibility
Cons
get paid monthly