DURHAM TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

Great starting point
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 21, 2016
Great starting point for student that want the experience in a office setting. Can get slow at times and you have to find things to do around the office to stay busy but mostly just sit at the front desk
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Work with different cultures
Front Desk Staff (Current Employee) –  Durham NCSeptember 3, 2015
Work place is very family oriented. We are a good team player. Everyone supports each other when having difficulties. We work with different cultures. We help as much as we can and meet our requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we meet different people everyday.
Durham Tech Community College
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 28, 2015
Life is what you make it at Durham Technical Community College. This community college boasts a private institution feels, and is similar to cheers; everyone knows your name. there are opportunities for students to join the staff, but depending on the department you join, there may not be any room for advancement.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No room for growth
productive place to work
instructor (Current Employee) –  NCNovember 30, 2015
DTCC is a great place to work I have been there for 14 years and want to continue for a few more. Students are very willing to work
Pros
great environment
Wonderful place to work
Day Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 9, 2014
This job allows me to be creative with making documents. My supervisor is open to staff suggestions. She also is a well-educated and strong leader. I greatly enjoy the team work with my fellow workers. And this provides just the right amount of contact experience for me with the general public. I learn more and more everyday. My days may be busy with answering phones and providing information for students or updating documents for our department. There is truly never a dull moment. I am learning time management skills, how to work under pressure of deadlines, working cohesively with other departments. I love this job!
Pros
hour long lunch. working in education. great work schedule.
Cons
wish it were a full-time position.
A great learning environment
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 27, 2013
I sincerely enjoyed this job. Having my own office space and area to call my own really made the difference. I had a wonderful supervisor who gave me plenty of responsibility to find and establish my own methods for processing and completing my daily duties. I was in charge of one to two interns on any given day which made me appreciative of my leadership and team building training.
Pros
almost co-workers, great location, a superb benefits package
Cons
the expected turn around for processing an acceptance, transition to paperless was tiresome
Loved the work, hated that it was only part-time
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 20, 2013
The work was great, and the students were terrific. But Durham Tech doesn't hire full time teachers if they can avoid is, because then they don't have to pay benefits. After a while, working a 40 hour a week job so I could have health insurance and working here at night because untenable.
Review
Student Information and Records (PT) (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Great place to work if you can deal multiple personalities. The Director of the department is great and very helpful. Others can be a hit or miss but I really love the flexibility and my hours are great.
Pros
great flexibility
Cons
get paid monthly
Not too bad for a part-time gig!
PT Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 27, 2013
Manager rocks and co-workers are great folks. I'd recommend this place as a great step to further your career especially if your changing fields.
Pros
freedom to manage your day
Cons
low pay
Good School with caring teachers
Student (Current Employee) –  Durham, NcDecember 18, 2012
It seems like a great place to start out in the nursing field. Classes are inexpensive and very transferable. Teachers here are caring. There are many students who are serious about advancing their careers.
Instructor
Computer Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 10, 2012
 Computer Training Instructor – Continuing Education Dept.
 Successfully taught training classes in a classroom environment
 Developed course syllabus
 Maintained a comprehensive course without textbooks
 Developed student’s resource/training materials
 Trained & catered to student’s different learning styles & abilities
Pros
the students
Cons
lack of classroom materails
Very productive and allows me to indenpendently work without micro managing
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 25, 2013
Love coming to work daily, love my coworkers and assisting the students. I answer the phone and even able to be creative daily. I create different documents for the Assistant Dean for different manuals and instructional information she teaches.
Love the different cultures
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 19, 2014
Love working at Durham Technical Community College as a work-student. I received my AAS in Medical Office Administration in 2012 and will be graduating on 05/2014 with AAS in Office Administration.
Great school and the co-workers are wonderful.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no cons
Excellent Employer
Continuing Education Instructor/Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 26, 2013
Wonderful place to work, the staff and students were a joy to with on a daily baisis.
Pros
ability to work independently
Cons
opportunities to teach were minimal
Gained so much experience
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 15, 2013
I gained so many dynamic experiences working there especially in cross-training.

4.3