DURHAM TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Review
Student Information and Records (PT) (Current Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great flexibility
Cons: get paid monthly
Great place to work if you can deal multiple personalities. The Director of the department is great and very helpful. Others can be a hit or miss but I really love the flexibility and my hours are great.
Wonderful place to work
Day Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Durham, NCAugust 9, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch. working in education. great work schedule.
Cons: wish it were a full-time position.
This job allows me to be creative with making documents. My supervisor is open to staff suggestions. She also is a well-educated and strong leader. I greatly enjoy the team work with my fellow workers. And this provides just the right amount of contact experience for me with the general public. I learn more and more everyday. My days may be busy with answering phones and providing information for students or updating documents for our department. There is truly never a dull moment. I am learning time management skills, how to work under pressure of deadlines, working cohesively with other departments. I love this job!
Love the different cultures
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NCFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: no cons
Love working at Durham Technical Community College as a work-student. I received my AAS in Medical Office Administration in 2012 and will be graduating on 05/2014 with AAS in Office Administration.
Great school and the co-workers are wonderful.
Not too bad for a part-time gig!
PT Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee), Durham, NCNovember 27, 2013
Pros: freedom to manage your day
Cons: low pay
Manager rocks and co-workers are great folks. I'd recommend this place as a great step to further your career especially if your changing fields.
A great learning environment
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 27, 2013
Pros: almost co-workers, great location, a superb benefits package
Cons: the expected turn around for processing an acceptance, transition to paperless was tiresome
I sincerely enjoyed this job. Having my own office space and area to call my own really made the difference. I had a wonderful supervisor who gave me plenty of responsibility to find and establish my own methods for processing and completing my daily duties. I was in charge of one to two interns on any given day which made me appreciative of my leadership and team building training.
Excellent Employer
Continuing Education Instructor/Career Counselor (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 26, 2013
Pros: ability to work independently
Cons: opportunities to teach were minimal
Wonderful place to work, the staff and students were a joy to with on a daily baisis.
Very productive and allows me to indenpendently work without micro managing
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Durham, NCMarch 25, 2013
Love coming to work daily, love my coworkers and assisting the students. I answer the phone and even able to be creative daily. I create different documents for the Assistant Dean for different manuals and instructional information she teaches.
Loved the work, hated that it was only part-time
English Instructor (Former Employee), Durham, NCFebruary 20, 2013
The work was great, and the students were terrific. But Durham Tech doesn't hire full time teachers if they can avoid is, because then they don't have to pay benefits. After a while, working a 40 hour a week job so I could have health insurance and working here at night because untenable.
Gained so much experience
Administrative (Current Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 15, 2013
I gained so many dynamic experiences working there especially in cross-training.
Good School with caring teachers
Student (Current Employee), Durham, NcDecember 18, 2012
It seems like a great place to start out in the nursing field. Classes are inexpensive and very transferable. Teachers here are caring. There are many students who are serious about advancing their careers.
Instructor
Computer Training Instructor (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 10, 2012
Pros: the students
Cons: lack of classroom materails
 Computer Training Instructor – Continuing Education Dept.
 Successfully taught training classes in a classroom environment
 Developed course syllabus
 Maintained a comprehensive course without textbooks
 Developed student’s resource/training materials