The Dutch Valley Family of Companies is seeking a Mid-West Regional Sales Manager to develop, execute and evaluate effective and efficient customer level business plans that result in the attainment of profit projections for a multi-state territory projected to grow over the next several years to an annual sales volume of $80MM to $100MM. Demonstrated creative thinking, strategic skills and financial acumen are keys to success.
1.) Train, lead, and evaluate territory sales reps under direct supervision. Areas of strength will include cold calling, strategic selling, assertive follow-through and effective collaboration
2.) Build relationships with Senior Leaders of customer base that result in a growth partnership through execution of mutually beneficial plans, consistent account penetration and category expertise
3.) Ensure effective communications with senior management, departmental and cross-functional teams
4.) Ensure adherence to Company and Sales policies through effective and tireless communications
5.) Anticipate customer growth/strategic platforms and gain DV management support for resources to support required changes
6.) Be Self-motivated and disciplined.
7.) Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous projects while balancing priorities.
8.) Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact with a variety of personality types essential, both internally and externally.
9.) Above average computer skills necessary to create and navigate documents and a willingness to learn new software programs.
- The capability to lead and influence those inside and outside their direct authority. Previous supervisory experience is essential. Demonstrates superior leadership skills including the ability to teach, coach and develop individuals and team for higher levels of performance
- Experience and past success in market and customer penetration and selling strategy development, planning and execution.
- 10 years of sales and sales management experience preferred with the ability to create, understand, analyze and execute detailed Customer Business and Territory Growth Plans.
- The ability to understand the financial relationships of volume, trade spending and consumer promotion and how they impact the bottom line.
- Experience in building Senior Level Customer relationships and a demonstrated track record of sales success is important.
- Previous sales, marketing and merchandising experience is essential. Knowledge of consumer marketing a plus.
- Product knowledge is crucial. Understanding of the bulk food business helpful.
- The flexibility to meet the considerable demand for travel.
- The successful candidate must pass a pre-employment drug screen, be legally able to work in the US, pass a criminal background check and have a driving record within the Dutch Valley Standard.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related discipline is preferred.
- Our Mid-West Regional Sales Manager must develop a personal awareness of current competitive activity, customer direction and sales team performance. This sales team leader will most likely reside in the state of Ohio in light of current plans to build a regional distribution center there in 2015.
Indeed - 8 months ago