Dutch Wonderland Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Not too bad
Food and beverage (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 19, 2016
I worked in food and beverage for the 2015 season and I really did enjoy it. I usually closed almost everyday in the summer and was on register which I didn't like but it's whatever. management was treating me so unfairly I finally quit in December. advice to anyone who works here: quit after Labor Day because it's awful after that. short staffed, cold weather and horrible hours!! oh and let's not forget the good old sea world protesters
Pros
free hersheypark tickets
Cons
minimum wage, bad supervisors, rude guests
Great for summer employment
Safety and Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 27, 2015
Work to keep the guests and the employees safe. A great environment for students on summer break. Friendly co-workers, supervisors, and management team.
Fun place to work
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  LancasterAugust 30, 2015
I liked the interaction with the kids. I learned to operate some rides. Management were very nice to work with. Pulling some of the rides in before letting people off. Being in the hot humid sun, but overall it was nice having a job outside. Learning new rides and knowing I could do the job.
Amazing first time job
Water Park Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 25, 2015
I had this as my first job while in high school. It was amazing because I had the whole school year off and then summer I got to work. I met some life long friends there. Management was amazing always tried to keep the employees in mind.
Fun workplace
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 25, 2014
Great for seasonal jobs for students and teachers. Also great for those not quite ready to retire.
Fun fast pace job. you get to work with a lot off different people from children to grandparents.
You get to meet families from all over PA, and the US.
Lots of different areas to work in (ex. rides, retail, guest services, environmental)
Worse part is the summer heat; mostly in the sun all day.
Fun work place
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 27, 2014
I enjoyed work with the staff. It was fun meeting new kids and see them having a good time.
Working at an amusment park is so much fun
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 17, 2013
This company is very rewarding to work for. You can feel the fun any where you go at the park. All of the employees look and act like they themselves are the ones coming to play at dutch wonderland.
Dutch Wonderland
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 13, 2012
A Typical day at dutch wonderland was to come to work dress up in my costume and be a character putting smile on childrens faces. What i learned from working there was how to be energetic and personable. I loved all of my co workers were and are still like family we became extremely close. The hardest thing about the job was being out in the heat for long periods of time. The enjoyable thing about the job was working for the company and being friends with all of the employees and managers
Pros
everything
Cons
the heat
fun place
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 5, 2012
i liked dutch wonderland because its something new everyday and the managers were nice
Pros
great managment
Cons
minimum wage, cold weather
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 27, 2012
A typical day at Dutch Wonderland is really busy. Everyone works together on helping each other out. The hardest part of my job was keeping items where they belong. The part I enjoyed the most was seeing all the kids be happy.
Has good days and bad days
Warehouse Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 24, 2012
It was a typical summer job for young people.
Co-worker's were mostly young, but varied to some degree in age.
Management seemed well organized and had a lot of rules you had to follow
Pros
good people
Cons
boring

4.4