Dutchess Community College Employee Reviews

Dcc
Instructional Media Technician (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 5, 2017
Give a start in the information services job market, It was good place to work, with some good people. Being a State run part time job, I had no benefits, this make life rough.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
no benefits as part time employee at the time I worked there
Teaching
PMCC CODING INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 10, 2017
I am able to teach students at all levels and help to improve their current position. The school is very accommodating in the scheduling of the classes
clr\ean palce to learn and work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 6, 2017
very productive workplace friendly environment to work. we meet every morning to discuss issues over night before to take on early morning issue to resolve.
Pros
free paring
Cons
not enought time in a day.
All in all I had a great experience as a tutor.
Student tutor in Anatomy and Physiology (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 2, 2017
It can be a fun place to work at. As a tutor, I would wait until the student showed up then tutor them in anatomy and physiology. If the student didn't show up for the appointment, I made note of it and let my supervisor know. I had a great time with the students I tutored and they appreciated me for helping them understand the material. Loved my supervisor, she was the best. All in all I had a great experience as a tutor at Dutchess.
Boring place to work
Student receptionist (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12601November 11, 2016
It was a college work study job. Long hours. Manager was like a dictator. Wasnt fun. Being cordial felt forced. Very uncomfortable environment.
Pros
Was able to work around classes
Cons
Favortism towards certain employees
Not Bad for a first job
High School Equivalency Instructor (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 25, 2016
I began working at DCC as a TA for HSE classes and eventually progressed to being an instructor. The student population can be challenging at times, but overall, most are good kids. Employer support varies based on funding, and at times, it is difficult to get needed materials. Job expectations are unrealistic at times given the realities of our student population.
Pros
Good work schedule
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Very laid back job.
Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 17, 2016
This was a good, reliable job. It didn't pay much, but with how convenient it was, it was definitely worth it.
Internship
PEER TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 12, 2016
This was an internship, basically. We barely got paid, though I suppose being paid at all is a good thing for interns. Everyone who ran the writing center was great, and we had good times including conferences and things, but the school as a whole was poorly organized, the writing center was a disaster, and half the time we were just winging it.
Flexible and convenient
Student Aide, Tutor and Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 22, 2016
Working at school made it very easy to manage both aspects. Working with peers is great and the supervisors were fun and were flexible when it came to class schedules and work schedules.
Average
High School Equivalency Instructor (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 10, 2016
I enjoyed most of my coworkers, and the work environment was average. Plenty of time off, but no benefits for community service staff, and little room for upward mobility.
Pros
short hours
Cons
no benefits
Nice for Students
Student Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 25, 2016
They are very flexible with hours. You get to work in a professional setting with little pressure. Learn new skills that can be applied to the workforce after graduation
Quality Educational Institution
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 22, 2016
Quality Education Institution, where the faculty and staff are dedicated to assisting students achieve success in their academic endeavors, and to prepare students for their future career.
Great Place to work
Computer Lab Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 21, 2016
Good to have some teachers here. Help is always available. Helping troubled students get through their problems feels great.
Dutchess summary
Peer mentor (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Beautiful school but horribly organized. Working here was bad, they didn't have any benefits and in addition, the pay period was always confused.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Organization
Fun and lay back
Student Aid, Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 3, 2015
- I learn how to deal with custumers and figure out what there need were.
- Great management
- Great co-workers
- There weren't any hard part in the beside making calls for appointments.
- fun and one of the greatest place to work.
Pros
Not stressful
Cons
making phone calls
Excellent source of education. Teachers are always willing to assist you and want you to succeed.
Testing Lab Monitor/Proctor (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 13, 2015
I would recommend Dutchess Community College as excellent place for any high school student to begin their future goals. The teachers are always willing to assist you and their goal is to make sure students are successful in the class.
Pros
Education
Cons
A lot of reading.
Getting educated and working at DCC...
Computer Help Desk Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 24, 2015
It's been a good couple of years here. I truly appreciate DCC after spending time at another community college. It's a beautiful campus.
Pros
Relaxed environment.
Cons
Food choices here are terrible.
Great interaction with fellow students
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 2, 2014
Tutor students in Spanish and help them achieve their goal in passing the course.
Pros
Share knowledge and skills in my native language
Fun place to work.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  PoughkeepsieNovember 14, 2014
Attending meetings was always pleasant, exposing potential students and parents to the great activities the college offers and being part of the team felt great.
Pros
Helped with student loans
Cons
Few hours
Co-workers and Support Staff are excellent
Instructor in Behavioral Sciences (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 7, 2014
Most days one can simply go into work, meet with the secretary, pick up any materials one needs to and go into the classroom and teach. I've always got my prep-work done. Working with other faculty and staff is almost always easy: by simply emailing the required documents it's possible to get tests, papers, etc duplicated on time and sent on to the right office for class. Computers are available for instructors to use. The Director of my department is a reasonable, amiable guy who is easy to talk to if one has any questions about policy or if an issue with a student comes up. The best part of the job is simply the teaching--I love to teach and do it well. The hardest part of the job is the lack of security, low pay and relative distance between the common instructor and upper levels of administration, many of whom have never taught in a classroom.
Pros
Flexibility, good atmosphere, good students
Cons
Poor pay and low job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dutchess Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3