Duty Free Americas, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Great and productive company to work for.
Director of Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 4, 2014
I have worked there for over 14 years and found it challenging and exciting and new ideas and work is always different each day.
Fun, laid back work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 7, 2012
A unique retail environment, as all sales are subject to customs regulations. The most enjoyable part of this job was that you are given the freedom to approach and complete projects in your own way.
The company is good, LGA location is horrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  LGA AirportFebruary 27, 2012
I worked at DFA at the LGA location as a Store Manager, the staff is wonderful and some truly nice people to work with, however the GM and one other manager there are not exactly the best people out there and need to work on their people skills.

Where I was trying to be understanding and speak kindly and trying to be understanding with the associates, they had no such values. I've seen Associates scared of them go to work in fear. Such a thing is not right. I had to go to a funeral for a family member and when I returned I was released from work with no prior notification or any clue of what was happening or even if I did anything wrong.

Their motto seems to be 'the economy is hard and there will always be someone out there to take your spot. I have no lack.'
Cons
management needs some shaking up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duty Free Americas, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3